User Reviews for Fluoxetine/olanzapine to treat Major Depressive Disorder

Also known as: Symbyax

Fluoxetine/olanzapine has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder. 75% of those users who reviewed Fluoxetine/olanzapine reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Fluoxetine/olanzapine Rating Summary

8.6/10 average rating

Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.

Mitch12345 · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2020

“I just made this so I could post a positive review. I’m currently hospitalised due to major depression I’ve been bouncing from med to med and it is early days on fluoxetine/olanzapine I’m also on my 7th treatment on ECT but I can say I’ve never felt better than I have right now in 3and a half years and let me tell you it was a terrible 3 half years going into pscychosis because my anxiety and depression was so severe. I finally feel like I am on the right path with this combination of fluoxetine/olanzapine meds and if you are out there thinking it can never be fixed and your stuck living with the 24/7 toruture, racing mind, absent from your own body. Cannot concentrate there is hope and just stick in there it gets better”

... November 7, 2019

“Been taking this for only for a few days. I now feel like I can finally breath and live my life !! Although it makes you feel hungry all the time so it's best to diet and eat healthy! Over all it's a good combo I hope it continues to work !”

Ted P · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine): “So far so good on Symbyax after only 4 days. My depression is not as prevalent and I haven’t had anxiety. My medication specialist prescribed the 2 meds separately to save on costs. Instead of $200 I paid $17 for them separately. So far I haven’t been overly hungry but it’s still early. I only gave it an 8 because it’s still early but I’ll revise my review in a month.”

GregD · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine): “Symbyax has changed my life. I have battled treatment-resistant depression, anxiety, paranoia, and bipolar 2 for all of my life. I'm 46 years old. Since age 18, I've tried probably every SSRI there is, including Prozac by itself. I won't list all the SSRIs and mood stabilizers I've tried because it would be a very long list. Nothing ever worked. I had a great career, but my problems have caused me to lose numerous jobs. The only time I felt how I thought I should feel was when I was on painkillers for surgeries; however, I knew that was not a treatment or sustainable. My doctor prescribed Symbyax (Prozac + Zyprexa). Within a day I was experiencing life the way I've always wanted to. I'm energetic, social, engaged, happy, etc. Great medicine”

Jimmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2018

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine): “I started taking the symbyax 6-25 about 2 months ago. I was severely depressed and having really bad anxiety and panic attacks prior to starting it. It started helping after a week but I was still having panic attacks. My doctor upped my dose to 6-50 mg a month ago and wow I feel amazing. No more depression and my panic attacks/anxiety are gone. This is by far the best medication I’ve taken for my disorders. All my friends and family say I’m a totally different person in a good way.”

Symbyax User September 3, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine): “I have been on Symbyax for about 8 weeks now. The doctor upped my prescription to 6mg/50mg. It does make me eat all the time. I can't stop munching. This medication makes me feel a little better but it didn't last very long. I'm slowly declining again. Zoloft seemed to work but my doctor didn't think that was going to help me in the long run. I am having short term memory loss due to extreme anxiety. The Symbyax seems to make it worse. I still don't know if I like it or not.”

Evilmage · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2015

“This was a good med for crisis mode. After crisis time I got off the olanzapine and stayed on just the antidepressant, fluoxetine. The olanzapine makes you tired and fat if your on it long, but works to calm crazy thoughts. Take it about 2 hours before bed time and you will sleep like a baby. Lowest dose for me.”

tja00 October 17, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine): “This medicine has worked wonders for me! Only problem is the weight gain - I have gained almost 40 lbs in 3 months.”

Learn more about Major Depressive Disorder