User Reviews for Fluoxetine/olanzapine

Major Depressive Disorder 8.4
Summary of Fluoxetine/olanzapine reviews 8.5 67 reviews

Reviews for Fluoxetine/olanzapine

kel036 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 12, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I had a bit of drowsiness when I started taking fluoxetine but this resolved and it really helped my symptoms”

Catboi · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 2, 2020

For Depression: “fluoxetine/olanzapine helped me back when I had MDD. Fluoxetine usually takes a while to work. It really helped me until a year back where side effects started getting bad. Weight gain, weight loss, anxiety, numbness and development of psychosis are some I think the meds have caused I think I’ve developed bipolar and ever since it’s became apparent that this med really dosn’t work anymore. Over 5% of people who use it develop anorexia according to research so I’d advice you take take something else instead.”

Ivanisawesome99 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2020

For Depression: “From September 2018 to November 2018, I took fluoxetine 80 mg with 5-15 mg of olanzapine. My depression was always following me and it never left for three years but when I started this medication, everything changed. I began to be interested in life again. I could smile more. I laughed - really laughed like I could before depression. I’ve been on many medications and fluoxetine/olanzapine has been the only combination that’s worked wonders for my depression. I highly recommend this medication. Unfortunately, I had to go off it because of the weigh gain. I gained more than 40 pounds in a few months.”

Twotammies January 13, 2020

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “I have been taking for five years now. I was in a manic out of control state when I was given this med. From day one I was a different person. All my obsessiveness went a way. My original psychiatrist retired and it gets harder to find someone who still uses this drug. It saved my life. I swear”

Hen122013 · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “I’ve been taking this for a week now, everybody else seems to have had a rapid improvement, I haven’t noticed anything yet, I’m really disappointed. Anybody else had no improvement?”

... November 7, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Been taking this for only for a few days. I now feel like I can finally breath and live my life !! Although it makes you feel hungry all the time so it's best to diet and eat healthy! Over all it's a good combo I hope it continues to work !”

Ted P · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “So far so good on Symbyax after only 4 days. My depression is not as prevalent and I haven’t had anxiety. My medication specialist prescribed the 2 meds separately to save on costs. Instead of $200 I paid $17 for them separately. So far I haven’t been overly hungry but it’s still early. I only gave it an 8 because it’s still early but I’ll revise my review in a month.”

Bowensss · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2019

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “I figured I would wait a couple months to leave a review so I had actual experience urging this medicine. I have come to the conclusion that this medicine is a GOD SEND. I'm able to handle life a lot better now, I’m not sad, aggravated, upset and bitter towards the world anymore. I’m happy, content and excited for what life brings. I started on 3.5/25mg and now I’m at 5mg/20mg. This is the perfect dosing, I’m able to sleep through the night (I do sleep at lot harder now then I did) & I’m not near as anxious as I was. This is a great medicine . I have gained 10 lbs in just a few months but it’s worth every pound.”

Gerald Hicker · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: “Was previously put on a plethora of medications before coming to this combo fluoxetine/olanzapine. I find this one manageable with my symptoms as it has helped me a lot. I am starting to gain a little bit of weight but it's worth it to be sane.”

Von · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2019

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “Day 4. Wow!!! I feel alive for the first time in 25 years. Tired first few days but am full of energy. No excess hunger yet either. Just feel great after feeling at the end of the road for so long. Wish I would have been put on this much sooner!”

Jimmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2018

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I started taking the symbyax 6-25 about 2 months ago. I was severely depressed and having really bad anxiety and panic attacks prior to starting it. It started helping after a week but I was still having panic attacks. My doctor upped my dose to 6-50 mg a month ago and wow I feel amazing. No more depression and my panic attacks/anxiety are gone. This is by far the best medication I’ve taken for my disorders. All my friends and family say I’m a totally different person in a good way.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more March 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: “I took symbyax for 11 yrs. But last year I couldn't afford it so Dr switched me to 2 seperate pills fluoxetine and olanzapine. It still seems to stabilize my moods and haven't been way up manic or way down depressed since I've taken it all these years. And like everyone says it definitely makes you gain weight. Rather increased appetite..hence 40 pd weight gain. But I prob would've never gotten married and had kids if it weren't for this medicine mixture. Nobody could handle me with my severe mood swings before I started this.”

BMW335i January 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: “I've been using a combination of 5mg olanzapine with 40mg prozac per day for about 3 months now and the changes have been incredible. I started going back to the gym, I'm able to read without my brain bouncing all over the place, I picked up guitar again, I quit smoking, I changed my diet and lost approximately 15lbs, my interactions with people are far better, I have a better sense of well-being all around. I highly recommend this combination.”

Dadvocate · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 4, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: “I've been suffering from Bi-polar since diagnosed as a teen. I'm almost 40 now and I spent a better part of those years unmedicated. I had a lot of therapies however, and did well managing with the "tools" given to me over the years. In 2014 I began to exhibit signs of OCD and in 2016 Anxiety (both can be bed fellows with Bipolar) It was the anxiety that landed me at my doctors office. 2 weeks before departing for Europe and I began to have severe anxiety attacks. I was prescribed effexor, which did NOT work for me, then down the line of SSRIs , finally we tried Prozac. It worked very well for me, it even helped a little with the mania. But it did help wonders with depression and anxiety and I am functioning about 75% better than I was.”

Loglady · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “Day one. Exhausted/lethargic Mild Headache Brain fog Slight elevation in mood. Less irritated. Pooped my pants. Seriously. Just as company rang the doorbell. Hopefully this junk passes and gets better.”

Kjlowe March 17, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “All I can say is Wow!!! I am myself again after all this time & trying so many different meds. I kept doing more research & finally found my dream drug. Symbyax. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I tiny capsule instead of a handful of drugs.”

GregD · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Symbyax has changed my life. I have battled treatment-resistant depression, anxiety, paranoia, and bipolar 2 for all of my life. I'm 46 years old. Since age 18, I've tried probably every SSRI there is, including Prozac by itself. I won't list all the SSRIs and mood stabilizers I've tried because it would be a very long list. Nothing ever worked. I had a great career, but my problems have caused me to lose numerous jobs. The only time I felt how I thought I should feel was when I was on painkillers for surgeries; however, I knew that was not a treatment or sustainable. My doctor prescribed Symbyax (Prozac + Zyprexa). Within a day I was experiencing life the way I've always wanted to. I'm energetic, social, engaged, happy, etc. Great medicine”

Jojo_D · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: “This medication is absolutely wonderful! I am much happier and calmer, but no mania either. The only downside is the weight gain. Other than that, Symbyax makes me feel great!”

sweet baby October 23, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “depression and listlessness loss of appetite”

tja00 October 17, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “This medicine has worked wonders for me! Only problem is the weight gain - I have gained almost 40 lbs in 3 months.”

Timothy1595 July 30, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: “This drug combination has literally saved my life 3 times. I suffer from comorbid spectrum anxiety disorders: OCD, Severe Panic Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I also have Major Depression. This combination worked so well, I took it for 3 years straight in my early 20's. Went back to school, got a job, felt like my old self. The only drawback is the major weight gain, a mild tremor when waking, and some orthostatic hypotension. But if you take it easy, and watch your weight, you will feel better. I hope other people who feel hopeless see this, that is exactly how I felt. It is a great combination. Best of Luck!”

Mulgrew · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 27, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “Symbax is like gold It has done wonders for my bipolar I can sleep at night with no racing thoughts my manic episodes no longer happen my depression is gone and my anxiety level is down I don't have that constant worry in my every day life that I use to have it keeps me level headed”

No more sex drive · Taken for 10 years or more January 21, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: “I've been on symbyax now off and on for 12 years. It helps me with mood and anxiety. It also helps me sleep. The bad side is the weight gain lack of energy muscle weakness and it has totally killed any and all sex drive. I've tried to use pills to be able to perform but nothing works. Now I worry about losing my wife everyday. If I had been told years ago about this side effect I would have never taken this drug. Believe me it takes its toll on you. Really hard to wean myself off because of all the other meds I've taken symbyax is the only one that helps. Just wonder if it's worth the trade off.”

anonymous fox · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: “the zyprexa part of this mix means it will work you WILL have weight gain no matter what. But it works I went from daily suicide attempts to being normal within a week of going on this combo. I wouldn't go on this first I would say its a last resort for those who are treatment resistant.”

Skooter1st November 11, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: “I took symbyax 3/25 for 5 years. I have been opening my pill capsules and splitting the contents so I can slowly withdraw. The price was getting a bit expensive too. I would not recommend taking any meds unless you absolutely have to. After 5 years I will feel this but some discomfort is to be expected.”