User Reviews for Fluoxetine / olanzapine

Bipolar Disorder
8.5

Summary of Fluoxetine/olanzapine reviews 8.7 57 reviews

Reviews for Fluoxetine/olanzapine

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started taking the symbyax 6-25 about 2 months ago. I was severely depressed and having really bad anxiety and panic attacks prior to starting it. It started helping after a week but I was still having panic attacks. My doctor upped my dose to 6-50 mg a month ago and wow I feel amazing. No more depression and my panic attacks/anxiety are gone. This is by far the best medication I’ve taken for my disorders. All my friends and family say I’m a totally different person in a good way."

Jimmy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I took symbyax for 11 yrs. But last year I couldn't afford it so Dr switched me to 2 seperate pills fluoxetine and olanzapine. It still seems to stabilize my moods and haven't been way up manic or way down depressed since I've taken it all these years. And like everyone says it definitely makes you gain weight. Rather increased appetite..hence 40 pd weight gain. But I prob would've never gotten married and had kids if it weren't for this medicine mixture. Nobody could handle me with my severe mood swings before I started this."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 11, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been using a combination of 5mg olanzapine with 40mg prozac per day for about 3 months now and the changes have been incredible. I started going back to the gym, I'm able to read without my brain bouncing all over the place, I picked up guitar again, I quit smoking, I changed my diet and lost approximately 15lbs, my interactions with people are far better, I have a better sense of well-being all around. I highly recommend this combination."

BMW335i January 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been suffering from Bi-polar since diagnosed as a teen. I'm almost 40 now and I spent a better part of those years unmedicated. I had a lot of therapies however, and did well managing with the "tools" given to me over the years. In 2014 I began to exhibit signs of OCD and in 2016 Anxiety (both can be bed fellows with Bipolar) It was the anxiety that landed me at my doctors office. 2 weeks before departing for Europe and I began to have severe anxiety attacks. I was prescribed effexor, which did NOT work for me, then down the line of SSRIs , finally we tried Prozac. It worked very well for me, it even helped a little with the mania. But it did help wonders with depression and anxiety and I am functioning about 75% better than I was."

Dadvocate (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Day one. Exhausted/lethargic Mild Headache Brain fog Slight elevation in mood. Less irritated. Pooped my pants. Seriously. Just as company rang the doorbell. Hopefully this junk passes and gets better."

Loglady (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "All I can say is Wow!!! I am myself again after all this time & trying so many different meds. I kept doing more research & finally found my dream drug. Symbyax. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I tiny capsule instead of a handful of drugs."

Kjlowe March 17, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Symbyax has changed my life. I have battled treatment-resistant depression, anxiety, paranoia, and bipolar 2 for all of my life. I'm 46 years old. Since age 18, I've tried probably every SSRI there is, including Prozac by itself. I won't list all the SSRIs and mood stabilizers I've tried because it would be a very long list. Nothing ever worked. I had a great career, but my problems have caused me to lose numerous jobs. The only time I felt how I thought I should feel was when I was on painkillers for surgeries; however, I knew that was not a treatment or sustainable. My doctor prescribed Symbyax (Prozac + Zyprexa). Within a day I was experiencing life the way I've always wanted to. I'm energetic, social, engaged, happy, etc. Great medicine"

GregD (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication is absolutely wonderful! I am much happier and calmer, but no mania either. The only downside is the weight gain. Other than that, Symbyax makes me feel great!"

Jojo_D (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2017

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "depression and listlessness loss of appetite"

sweet baby October 23, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medicine has worked wonders for me! Only problem is the weight gain - I have gained almost 40 lbs in 3 months."

tja00 October 17, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: "This drug combination has literally saved my life 3 times. I suffer from comorbid spectrum anxiety disorders: OCD, Severe Panic Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I also have Major Depression. This combination worked so well, I took it for 3 years straight in my early 20's. Went back to school, got a job, felt like my old self. The only drawback is the major weight gain, a mild tremor when waking, and some orthostatic hypotension. But if you take it easy, and watch your weight, you will feel better. I hope other people who feel hopeless see this, that is exactly how I felt. It is a great combination. Best of Luck!"

Timothy1595 July 30, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Symbax is like gold It has done wonders for my bipolar I can sleep at night with no racing thoughts my manic episodes no longer happen my depression is gone and my anxiety level is down I don't have that constant worry in my every day life that I use to have it keeps me level headed"

Mulgrew (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: "I've been on symbyax now off and on for 12 years. It helps me with mood and anxiety. It also helps me sleep. The bad side is the weight gain lack of energy muscle weakness and it has totally killed any and all sex drive. I've tried to use pills to be able to perform but nothing works. Now I worry about losing my wife everyday. If I had been told years ago about this side effect I would have never taken this drug. Believe me it takes its toll on you. Really hard to wean myself off because of all the other meds I've taken symbyax is the only one that helps. Just wonder if it's worth the trade off."

No more sex drive (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2016

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "the zyprexa part of this mix means it will work you WILL have weight gain no matter what. But it works I went from daily suicide attempts to being normal within a week of going on this combo. I wouldn't go on this first I would say its a last resort for those who are treatment resistant."

anonymous fox (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: "I took symbyax 3/25 for 5 years. I have been opening my pill capsules and splitting the contents so I can slowly withdraw. The price was getting a bit expensive too. I would not recommend taking any meds unless you absolutely have to. After 5 years I will feel this but some discomfort is to be expected."

Skooter1st November 11, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Symbyax for about 8 weeks now. The doctor upped my prescription to 6mg/50mg. It does make me eat all the time. I can't stop munching. This medication makes me feel a little better but it didn't last very long. I'm slowly declining again. Zoloft seemed to work but my doctor didn't think that was going to help me in the long run. I am having short term memory loss due to extreme anxiety. The Symbyax seems to make it worse. I still don't know if I like it or not."

Symbyax User September 3, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Symbyax for about 3 yrs.and it works great. Slept like a log, my emotions were suppressed (not sure if that's good or bad). I was recently changed to generic and I am having problems with mood swings and even worse weight gain."

Tbirdnurse (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2015

For Depression: "After a trial of many meds, my doc decided to put me on this. In the past I relapse quickly and I 'm hoping I will not with this new meds. I'm on 6mg and it has been a month. I sleep like a baby. I mean deep sleep for 10 hours. For two yrs I was getting 3-4 hours sleep, no appetite, crying....Now my appetite increased, which I don't like. From size 0, I'm at 2 in just 1 month of taking it. Moods are great, no crying spells, and optimistic."

Nasi June 22, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: "Was on Luvox 100mg and Dr decided to change my medicine to symbiax, just had a baby and was emotional all the time and feeling lonely and also felt unhappy. He also prescribed me some anxiety medication since I was going through anxiety as well. How long will I see a change with symbiax?"

ereyna May 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This was a good med for crisis mode. After crisis time I got off the olanzapine and stayed on just the antidepressant, fluoxetine. The olanzapine makes you tired and fat if your on it long, but works to calm crazy thoughts. Take it about 2 hours before bed time and you will sleep like a baby. Lowest dose for me."

Evilmage (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on this medication for 2 months and this is the best I have felt in the 4 years since I was diagnosed with bipolar I. Only problem is I've gained about 10 pounds."

labajista (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Great medicine. I used Symbyax 3/25 before for depression and it helped a lot. I am taking it now for bipolar it has helped a lot really. The bad thing is the excess appetite, weight gains. But I don't care about the weight as long as it helps me out."

Yors (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "While it helped with the disorder, I gained 40 lbs in 5 months. I stopped taking it 6 months ago and I already lost 30 lbs."

Jeff1994 January 16, 2015

Symbyax (fluoxetine / olanzapine) for Depression: "I was self medicating myself after my mom passed away. I was abusing pain pills, I had panic attacks and stayed depressed. I was mean and thought everyone was out to get me, bad with money and did not have time for my wife and two boys. I stayed ill but after a week of taking it I changed on happy no more mood swings. My wife said she can tell a big difference we always together now and I get along with everyone feel way better the only bad it's hard to get off during sex, everything works fine just can't finish not sure why."

dw1987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this medicine one week, I have been really hungry and now after reading the message boards realized the medicines may be to blame so I will adjust with eating healthier lower calorie snacks but besides that I feel great and have been sleeping like a normal person. My attitude is cheerful and I feel more positive, and let me tell you before I started taking it I was seriously depressed so I feel like a new person now, I feel like my old self, before mental illness took over my life."

Crystal77 May 30, 2014