User Reviews for Fluocinonide topical

Also known as: Vanos, Fluocinonide-E, Fluex Dermacin

Fluocinonide topical has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 42 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of those users who reviewed Fluocinonide topical reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Granuloma Annulare  Off-label 10.0
Psoriasis   7.8
Summary of Fluocinonide topical reviews 8.5 42 reviews

Reviews for Fluocinonide topical

B · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2021

For Eczema: “My skin felt like it was on fire. Eventually I washed it off and never used it again.”

sen · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 1, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I've used this medication on and off for eczema like flare ups for years. I have eczema but also a long list of allergies which cause skin rashes. It can be hard to tell the difference between an allergy rash (IDK what all my allergies are, constantly find new ones) or eczema, and sometimes I get both. This medication is the only thing that has ever helped and it works fast. I have found I have to be very careful not to over use it in the winter (aka don't use a few times a week for more than 2 weeks at a time) or else I get an insanely itchy/panful rash around my mouth jaw and neck that doesn't go away for about two months at a time. Long story short, this medication is excellent for brief/rare/short term use. Try not to make the mistake I made and use it as a "savior" lotion every time your eczema flares up if you get flare ups frequently.”

Camarl · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2020

For Psoriasis: “fluocinonide Worked amazing! In 2008 was prescribed for my Guttate (covering entire body 60%+ of skin) and my Plaque on scalp, Within 4 days I was almost 100% clear. Haven't been able to get since but would recommend every day of the week!”

Relieved · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

For Dermatitis: “For the last 2 years I have suffered with extreme itching in my crotch area. Embarrassed, I put off going to see a dermatologist for a year and a half. I'm a 59 year old male with some weight on me. Finally I could not take it anymore. I went to a dermatologist in October 2019. I was told it was a yeast infection. Medications given to me did not work. I went back in January 2020 and was given a different treatment. Again it did not work. I went back in June and was given this medication. The first application I put on before bed. The next day, my symptoms were gone. No itching and burning. I had eczema when I was younger that would come and go. I guess dermatitis is similiar. Finally relief after 2 years of suffering. This stuff is great”

Eczema February 5, 2020

Lidex-E (fluocinonide) for Eczema: “ this was discontinued because it actually worked.. have never found anything that works since.”

buzzy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 27, 2019

For Eczema: “This cream saved my life. I've had eczema since I was a child & used Triamcinolone cream. It was the worst when I was a child & teenager, but practically went away when I became an adult. BUT, when I turned 45 yrs. old (pre-menopause), it spread over my entire body; my triamcinolone cream no longer worked. That began a 7 yr. odyssey of literally trying everything. At one point I wanted to die when I lay on my bed covered from head to toe in Crisco. I had eczema on 98% of my body; my feet were spared. I felt like a monster, even some of my hair falling out. The only thing that worked to where I could function was Aquaphor + Apple Cider Vinegar, but I always wore hats & covered my body from head to toe. Finally, when I went through complete menopause at 51 yrs. old, my doctors suggested I try fluocinonide. I was hesistant at first because I had been steroid-free for 6 yrs., but decided to give it a try, and it worked! Thank you, God! I finally feel human again.”

Skiff August 22, 2019

For Eczema: “I have been using this cream for 30 years. It is a miracle cream. At the slightest onset of an eczema breakout, I put this on and it is healed in a day or two. Just amazing.”

JoannieO · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

For Eczema: “Wonderful cream to apply sparingly, as the other commenters stated. I had a rash on my left elbow, so that I itched liked a dog with fleas :+\ , but this cream worked like a lucky charm-rash cleared- after only one week, upon the advice of using by the physician's assistant. Full 10 out of 10 rating!”

Filipino Francophile · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2019

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Eczema: “This medication worked like nothing I've ever used before. It took a little over two weeks of treatment every night to make a rash that I'd had for two years disappear. I was warned that if I don't use it sparingly, I will experience a burning sensation, and I would recommend the same care to anyone else using it.”

Mickeyob October 5, 2018

For Eczema: “I don't like taking anything internal and this topical cream works amazing! I would get severe eczema on my fingers and legs and unable to touch a lot of things, this works to sooth the cracked and open skin overnight. Not sure if that's only with me, but I would use (sparingly) they way you would apply hand cream. It's my go to!”

Shari_420 December 1, 2017

For Psoriasis: “Used in a liquid form for my scalp, I think ultimately it did help clear some of my psoriasis but was not worth the amount of itchiness it would cause directly after putting the product on.”

poorjohnn · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 10, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: “Only thing that has every stopped the flakes and itching”

Gamecockgirl97 · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2017

For Dermatitis: “I developed some sort of skin rash that absolutely burned my hands and was inflamed. My family doctor had prescribed a weaker ointment that I had been using that had not seemed to help it much. I went to my dermatologist who told me to start using only dove soap and cerave or cetaphil lotion on my hands each time I washed them and then use this on my hands twice a day for two weeks. She also wanted me to make a follow up appointment in two weeks and told me to stop using my Bath & Body Works (that part has been hard). I started seeing results the next day, not a whole bunch, but some and it didn't burn as much. By about 3 days of using it, the difference was really noticable, and now, a week later, looks normal”

Jfk423 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 13, 2017

For Dermatitis: “I had Chemo induced itching/inflamation .I struggled with the side effects of perjeta (pertuzumab) to the point were I was considering stopping treatment. My arms were completely scabbed from scratching in my sleep and I was not finding relief from other options. Within a week of using fluocinonide, the constant itching stopped and within three months all my scabs were healing. I still have scars, but the constant itching is gone.”

RobConcillado December 30, 2016

For Psoriasis: “"Started applying two days ago, bingo my psoriasis on my belly started to fade the redness. At first it feels itchy, on the third day it seems great. Praying forward for more positive result. This cream versus my ointment, not bad.”

Itching scalp December 25, 2016

For Psoriasis: “I dye my hair, leaving my scalp itching and with bumps. This works great instantly. What I didn't know was 2 leave on for ONLY 20 mins then wash out. Not knowing this, it cause me to lose some and thinned out my hair.”

jazziecat · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2016

For Psoriasis: “I had psoriasis of the scalp and after applying this gel one time, the scales began falling off and the terrible itching went away. I now only need to use it weekly and it keeps the itching, scaling and redness under control.”

My Uncle Bob November 23, 2015

For Dermatitis: “I use the 0.1% stronger version of fluocinonide and it works like a charm every time, and in just a few days! No side effects, no problems at all, it works so well I can see it getting better day after day. Highly reccomend!”

Bluesman01 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 9, 2015

For Psoriasis: “Thins and discolors the skin. Also can cause glaucoma if you get it in your eyes.!!!”

Scaly hand · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2015

For Psoriasis: “I have used this medicine for more than 2 years on my palm. For a long time I thought it helped but the psoriasis it never went away. I just as good results with pure aloe or even chapstick.”

ShelG June 5, 2015

For Psoriasis: “I was diagnosed with psoriasis about 3 yrs ago after years of being told it was dandruff on my scalp and eczema on my face. When I told my doctor it seemed to flare up when my arthritis did he realized I had Psoriatic Rheumatoid Arthritis. Long story short...he told me to use this and every time my face flares up I use it the night before and in the morn it's 90% gone. I'm only 38...I know the shot would be better but I have no side effects from this. The shot I would. I recommend the solution over the cream or gel.”

ziz j April 16, 2015

For Granuloma Annulare: “Went to the derm dr, she gave me an rx for Vanos and a coupon for a free trial..... loved it , it works great for my condition..... need more but no coupons available at this time from derm dr.... and my insurance is bad. It would cost me over $1250.00 I can not afford that, so I am suffering with flare ups and I am out of medicine....”

Burro · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2015

For Dermatitis: “Cleared up the eczema sores & eliminated the itching within 2 weeks....unfortunately , the condition started to reappear a few days after I stopped using it. After a 2 week break, my Dr. wants me to try another course of it.”

katcorn · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2014

For Lichen Planus: “I have tried dozens of treatments. Fluocinonide is the only one that helps.”

Anonymous September 4, 2014

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Psoriasis: “I used this one time and my skin looked better after”