User Reviews for Fluocinonide topical to treat Psoriasis

Also known as: Vanos, Fluex, Fluocinonide-E Dermacin

Fluocinonide topical has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 73% of those users who reviewed Fluocinonide topical reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Fluocinonide topical Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Fluocinonide topical

Camarl · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2020

“fluocinonide Worked amazing! In 2008 was prescribed for my Guttate (covering entire body 60%+ of skin) and my Plaque on scalp, Within 4 days I was almost 100% clear. Haven't been able to get since but would recommend every day of the week!”

Shari_420 December 1, 2017

“Used in a liquid form for my scalp, I think ultimately it did help clear some of my psoriasis but was not worth the amount of itchiness it would cause directly after putting the product on.”

RobConcillado December 30, 2016

“"Started applying two days ago, bingo my psoriasis on my belly started to fade the redness. At first it feels itchy, on the third day it seems great. Praying forward for more positive result. This cream versus my ointment, not bad.”

Anonymous November 7, 2009

Lidex (fluocinonide): “Easy to use on scalp conditions compared to oils. Can burn a little, but two thorough applications will clear up the problem for 7 to 10 days. Apply once a week before a break out and it keeps the problem under control. I have been using it for 3 months and no side effects yet. I have a full head of hair, my scalp can get really bad and this works. I am a 62 yr. old white male.”

Anonymous November 16, 2008

“I have used this medicine (by Taro) for more than 30 years, for psoriasis on my elbows, knees and ankles. I have experienced no side effects and for the last 2 years my psoriasis has gone. The coverage area was not great so I did not use huge amounts of this ointment. I still use it intermitently today.”

Itching scalp December 25, 2016

“I dye my hair, leaving my scalp itching and with bumps. This works great instantly. What I didn't know was 2 leave on for ONLY 20 mins then wash out. Not knowing this, it cause me to lose some and thinned out my hair.”

ShelG June 5, 2015

“I was diagnosed with psoriasis about 3 yrs ago after years of being told it was dandruff on my scalp and eczema on my face. When I told my doctor it seemed to flare up when my arthritis did he realized I had Psoriatic Rheumatoid Arthritis. Long story short...he told me to use this and every time my face flares up I use it the night before and in the morn it's 90% gone. I'm only 38...I know the shot would be better but I have no side effects from this. The shot I would. I recommend the solution over the cream or gel.”

jazziecat · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2016

“I had psoriasis of the scalp and after applying this gel one time, the scales began falling off and the terrible itching went away. I now only need to use it weekly and it keeps the itching, scaling and redness under control.”

sidebottom · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2014

“I always have had psoriasis of the scalp but recently it has started on one armpit. It is very uncomfortable so my mom who is a nurse gave me a tube of this. It worked within a day but I lost out and it broke out terribly bad like I thought nothing could help it. I found the tube and it looked awesome after just one day. Just finished my second day and it had faded quite a bit more. I'm sure it won't be long till its completely gone. Can't wait. It's the summer and I can't always keep my arms down.”

Miemieknotts · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2013

Lidex (fluocinonide): “Did not phase my psoriasis in any way. It did manage to take my fingertips off the fingers I was using to apply it. I would have thought it was pretty strong based on that. But did nothing for my patches.”

national_guardbrat87 June 22, 2008

“I tried all kinds of different thing for my son and this stuff is working fast clearing it up quick”

Bluesman01 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 9, 2015

“Thins and discolors the skin. Also can cause glaucoma if you get it in your eyes.!!!”

Anonymous September 4, 2014

Lidex (fluocinonide): “I used this one time and my skin looked better after”

Kaboom September 20, 2013

Lidex (fluocinonide): “While I was pregnant my psoriasis freaked out. It went all over my body. I could see a difference every day until it was gone. One of the only medicines that didn't set my skin on fire.”

Scaly hand · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2015

“I have used this medicine for more than 2 years on my palm. For a long time I thought it helped but the psoriasis it never went away. I just as good results with pure aloe or even chapstick.”

Learn more about Psoriasis