User Reviews for Fluocinonide topical to treat Eczema

Also known as: Fluocinonide-E, Vanos, Dermacin Fluex

Fluocinonide topical has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Eczema. 83% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Fluocinonide topical Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 131 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

buzzy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 27, 2019

“This cream saved my life. I've had eczema since I was a child & used Triamcinolone cream. It was the worst when I was a child & teenager, but practically went away when I became an adult. BUT, when I turned 45 yrs. old (pre-menopause), it spread over my entire body; my triamcinolone cream no longer worked. That began a 7 yr. odyssey of literally trying everything. At one point I wanted to die when I lay on my bed covered from head to toe in Crisco. I had eczema on 98% of my body; my feet were spared. I felt like a monster, even some of my hair falling out. The only thing that worked to where I could function was Aquaphor + Apple Cider Vinegar, but I always wore hats & covered my body from head to toe. Finally, when I went through complete menopause at 51 yrs. old, my doctors suggested I try fluocinonide. I was hesistant at first because I had been steroid-free for 6 yrs., but decided to give it a try, and it worked! Thank you, God! I finally feel human again.”

Filipino Francophile · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2019

Lidex (fluocinonide): “This medication worked like nothing I've ever used before. It took a little over two weeks of treatment every night to make a rash that I'd had for two years disappear. I was warned that if I don't use it sparingly, I will experience a burning sensation, and I would recommend the same care to anyone else using it.”

Mickeyob October 5, 2018

“I don't like taking anything internal and this topical cream works amazing! I would get severe eczema on my fingers and legs and unable to touch a lot of things, this works to sooth the cracked and open skin overnight. Not sure if that's only with me, but I would use (sparingly) they way you would apply hand cream. It's my go to!”

JoannieO · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

“Wonderful cream to apply sparingly, as the other commenters stated. I had a rash on my left elbow, so that I itched liked a dog with fleas :+\ , but this cream worked like a lucky charm-rash cleared- after only one week, upon the advice of using by the physician's assistant. Full 10 out of 10 rating!”

Skiff August 22, 2019

“I have been using this cream for 30 years. It is a miracle cream. At the slightest onset of an eczema breakout, I put this on and it is healed in a day or two. Just amazing.”

Eczema February 5, 2020

Lidex-E (fluocinonide): “ this was discontinued because it actually worked.. have never found anything that works since.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2021

“My skin felt like it was on fire. Eventually I washed it off and never used it again.”