User Reviews for Etodolac to treat Osteoarthritis

Etodolac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Etodolac

Ks-1 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 9, 2018

“I have used Lodine and Lodine XL. It has worked so well that I have panicked at the fact I can no longer afford this generic. The price started going up exponentially about 5 yrs ago and now I can not afford with pharmacy discounts. Too bad the company is so greedy. If you can afford I highly recommend.”

Daisycam · Taken for 10 years or more October 26, 2018

“14 years ago a surgeon recognized an arthritic flare up in my shoulder following a nasty fall. He prescribed Etodolac which quickly shut down the pain. I continued on the drug for a couple of years vs surgery. One day I forgot to take it and thought I had the flu I hurt so much in every joint. I discovered I had OA just about everywhere. The Etodolac is the only thing which keeps me functional. I live in fear of running out. I've never had a side effect I know of. If it works for you, it's miraculous.”

Jim · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 20, 2018

“I have been taking Etodolac for 6 years now twice a day as I could hardly walk due to knee pain. After the second day on it I had no knee pain and swear by it. I realize there are some side effect trade off's but do not want to go through knee surgery.”

Tino1962 · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2018

“I was taking 200 mg of this script for chronic arthritis pain. I MUST wear orthotics on my feet EVEN when I’m just at home, I can not stand or walk unless I have orthotics on my feet at ALL times. I also suffer with arthritis in my lower lumbar spine where it was fused with a rod & screws. I recently found out I now have two herniated discs above the metal in my back. CHRONIC PAIN is NO way to live. HOW I WISH this would work for me!! Sadly, even though I experienced no side affects, this medication has not done anything for my pain at all.”

MENINBLK · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2017

“I have OA in both knees. I have been taking Aleve twice to three times a day with little to no relief. I work at night so I need to have some relief in order to walk. I started etodolac 200mg yesterday evening. The night was very bad with lots of knee pain and discomfort. I took 400mg this morning with breakfast and 6 hours later the pain is finally subsiding. I hate changing drugs because the new drugs always take a long time to take effect. This is beginning to work earlier than I expected and it is welcomed. I hope this works out well for me.”

Jack 98 November 1, 2017

“I was taken off etodolac recently because labs indicated elevated blood urea nitrogen test (BUN) & Creatinine. I had been on etodolac for about 20 years with no side effects and manageable discomfort. I was walking 5 miles a day and lifting weights for 3 hours a week. I felt great. Over the counters did nothing for me except discovering an allergy to acetaminophen. I'm taking 4 mg methylprednisolone a day and hurt all over; Age 72, female and really aggravated.”

TWC17 · Taken for 10 years or more October 23, 2017

“Had ligament & cartilage surgery on knee in early 80s. By 2000, pain made even sleeping tough. Was prescribed etodolac ER, 400 mg 2/day. Honestly, it gave me my life back. After 1 or 2 yrs, started using only 1 pill per day. Use 2/day only when cycling extra hard, snow-shoeing or skiing. None of these activities would be possible without this Rx! Only drawback is that my skin is a bit dryer and itchier in the cooler months.”

sports fiend · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2017

“After the initial stomach upset it seemed to help, but I wake up with a pounding headache every morning. It also causes excessive thirst. I drink up to 3 pints of water during the night.”

fatima el em · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 31, 2015

Lodine (etodolac): “suffered fibromyalgia ref to expert with rheumatoid arthritis given lodyne my life changed thanks to it im virtually pain free my lifes great now ..........600mg sr............very happy with it.”

Jim from Maine · Taken for 10 years or more December 3, 2015

“I have severe Osteo Arthritis in most of my major joints: Spine, shoulders, hips, knees (until I just had bi-lateral knee replacements in August). I've had spinal fusion L3-S1 for OA complications and continued OA in the remainder of my spine. I've been taking Etodolac twice daily along with other pain meds for over 14 years. I've never had any adverse problems with it. I do however take Zantac 75 or equivalent twice daily to help protect my stomach. I'm a firm believer in this medication. When I need to come of of it for a procedure, my OA flares up once again. With my daily medication regime I continue to work full time in a shipyard and as a Fire Chief on a volunteer fire department. Give it a try, it may just do wonders for you.”

L. Almquist · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2015

“I started this medication 2 weeks ago for OA. After 1 week on the med I experienced nausea, vomiting and diarrhea with stomach cramping. After 4 days off this med I am still experience some cramping and stomach upset. I will not take this med again.”

mdib · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 22, 2015

Lodine (etodolac): “I was on cymbalta. It worked some, but there were many times it wasn't too spectacular. I have very little or no pain when I take the Lodine 2x a day. There are times I only take it once a day because if my stomach is off, it can bother it. Otherwise, it works better than anything else I've been on.”

amybintn June 17, 2015

Lodine (etodolac): “This is working better than any other nsaid I have tried. I feel good.”

kathy m · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2015

“Prescribed Lodine following Cortisone injections in knees and wrists. Within 1 week after taking Lodine 200mg b.i.d., began having neck pain, sensitivity on head and scalp and severe pain in shoulders and unable to raise arms. Felt acutely ill. Severe pain, muscle wasting and extreme weight loss and ms. weakness. Swelling in left leg and pitting edema in left foot and right hand. After discontinuing the Lodine, the swelling went down. Even had vascular scan while taking he Lodine. Lodine almost killed me.”

helenhays03 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2013

Lodine (etodolac): “Takes away the pain now and back 10 yrs ago.”

Finally! · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2013

“For the last 3 years I have been plagued with inflammation in every joint; my knees especially. Recently my lower back went out. Doctor prescribed etodolac and call me crazy but overnight my lower back pain is gone. My knees are also feeling so much better. Wow.”

Anonymous December 3, 2011

“Etodolac did a great job on my knee pain. Unfortunately possibly due to my Crohn's disease also caused extreme diarrhea and gas. I had to discontinue use.”

Anonymous February 3, 2011

“I've been using ibuprofen for years and lately it has not been as effective and bothering my stomach with use of Fosamax too. Doctor switched me to Etolodac 400mg TR twice a day and I am happy he did. The stomach is handling it better with me, and the pain has gone to little or none based on the day. This was a wonderful relief as he had tried me on Celebrex and another previously and the ibuprofen worked better then. Now with the ibuprofen being less effective I am glad to have found this one.”

Anonymous May 2, 2009

Lodine (etodolac): “I have used etodolac for many years. When I don't take it, I have to think about my knees with every step. When I do take it, I can walk without being aware of my knees. For me it has been very helpful.”

Anonymous June 26, 2008

Lodine (etodolac): “Great for knee pain.”

hbears2002 June 23, 2008

“When I had a torn meniscus in my left knee, I was given this drug to ease the pain, it works. Then I had Carpal Tunnel syndrome in my right hand, I continued to take the drug and it still works. Now, I find out its for OsteoArthritis, which I have.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)