User Reviews for Etodolac

Etodolac has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 76 ratings on Drugs.com. 70% of those users who reviewed Etodolac reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis   10.0
Rheumatoid Arthritis   8.0
Pain   7.5
Osteoarthritis   7.2
Summary of Etodolac reviews 7.5 76 reviews

Reviews for Etodolac

Mysticld · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have a neck injury that occurred many years ago, now I have arthritis in my neck because of the injury. I can no longer receive prednisone in my neck due to reaching max limit, and now have DDD, I also have developed osteoarthritis of my hands from many years of abuse, pumping blood pressure cuffs. Went to orthopedic doctor 2 weeks ago for the pain ( I have not gone to dr for pain in bones in a year, and before that almost 30 years for my neck. He prescribed etodolac ( lodine) 400 mg once daily. Well I have a history of a heart attack and take 3 blood pressure medications. Why would a doctor prescribe a medication (nsaid) to someone so high risk? I don’t get it. I told him I have tried Aleve (against my better judgement) and it caused stomach pain and severe headache. Ibuprofen don’t work at all. Well I guess I will have to live in severe pain when it flares up because I will NOT take the lodine. What a waste of money and time.”

teachertype · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2020

Lodine (etodolac) for Pain: “Spending 8-12 hours a day on cement floors teaching I developed inflamed heel tendons, a sort of tendonitis. I could hardly put any weight on my heels, so my arches and balls of my feet were taking the brunt of it. I was getting lots of foot and leg cramps. Podiatrist gave me heel cups to wear and Lodine to take twice a day. It worked super well for me. I always need to drink or eat with the pill, but then no side effects I've noticed. It just eliminates the pain, within about ten minutes. It can come back quickly though if I do things that will make the problem worse, i.e. walking the dog, bending over to do gardening, going for a walk, lifting too much weight. Later on, I developed osteoarthritis and I've been taking the Lodine as needed for the pain. I like that it's non-addictive and it works for me, completely. Walgreen's stopped providing them and I don't know why. I'm going to look into it because I really need them when I need them.”

Tmoney · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

For Pain: “Usually don’t post reviews however Etodolac made me very sick. Awful stomach ache, body aches and fever. Stopped taking after 3 doses. I was hoping it would work. Oh well.”

Linda · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2019

Lodine (etodolac) for Pain: “I was prescribed Lodine for pain and stiffness. For the two days I took it for I was pain free, marvellous, but I suffered a side effect of diarrhoea, have stopped it.”

Me · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 1, 2019

For Pain: “I’ve had osteoarthritis of my back and degenerative disc disease for several years and painful neuropathy of my feet for no good reason. I noticed Etodolac helped my back right away and took the should muscle pain away that I had in the morning. It took a few days for it to help my feet. It was a wonder drug for several years. I took 400 mg three times a day and omeprazole twice a day. It works somewhat on my back now, not nearly as much - but now I have osteopenia too. It still helps my foot pain but not as much so the doc added Neurontin which helps but lots of side effects. And that’s all they can do for life except increase Neurontin. Oh, did I mention that now they are threatening to take me off Etodelac because I’ve turned 60 and my chances of bleeding are higher? And of course increase Neurontin to three times a day so I can sleep my life away.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2018

For Pain: “I've got some sort of longstanding knee injury that will sporadically act up. Etodolac 400 mg twice a day (along with Prevacid 15 mg once daily) is the only thing I can take that actually treats the pain without giving me severe stomach pain.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2018

For Pain: “I recently was put on etodolac 300 for costochondritis. I suffered 5 months of pain inside my chest. I took it right after I got the prescription filled and it had no effect. The next day I took it again and I felt so much better. I'm supposed to take it 2x a day but I only take it when needed. For now it works for me. Good luck all.”

Ks-1 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 9, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I have used Lodine and Lodine XL. It has worked so well that I have panicked at the fact I can no longer afford this generic. The price started going up exponentially about 5 yrs ago and now I can not afford with pharmacy discounts. Too bad the company is so greedy. If you can afford I highly recommend.”

Daisycam · Taken for 10 years or more October 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “14 years ago a surgeon recognized an arthritic flare up in my shoulder following a nasty fall. He prescribed Etodolac which quickly shut down the pain. I continued on the drug for a couple of years vs surgery. One day I forgot to take it and thought I had the flu I hurt so much in every joint. I discovered I had OA just about everywhere. The Etodolac is the only thing which keeps me functional. I live in fear of running out. I've never had a side effect I know of. If it works for you, it's miraculous.”

Jim · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 20, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Etodolac for 6 years now twice a day as I could hardly walk due to knee pain. After the second day on it I had no knee pain and swear by it. I realize there are some side effect trade off's but do not want to go through knee surgery.”

Haha · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2018

Lodine (etodolac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Very good. But it wasn’t in the hospital’s formulary. I had to use my own.”

Jesse · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2018

For Pain: “Side effects of etodolac included indigestion, constipation, painful urination, pain in kidneys, pain in chest below the breastbone and mental confusion. I had to stop usage in about a week. Horrible stuff. Stay away.”

bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2018

Lodine (etodolac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Not sure it really gets to the pain, any more then aleve. Will try each for a day or two at a time and see if there is a benefit of one over the other.”

Jean · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2018

For Pain: “Given for toothache until I can see the oral surgeon but it does absolutely nothing to ease the pain. I'm in agony...”

FatLemur · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2018

For Pain: “I was prescribed this after I got a root canal on my bottom back molar or number 30. It does help with the pain, but it makes my stomach hurt very bad and causes me to feel a little weird. I am sensitive to pharmaceuticals but I still try, hoping I can find of that helps. I'd almost prefer the tooth pain over the stomach pain, but the tooth pain sucks. Especially since I am unaware when I start grinding my teeth, I've ground that bottom tooth twice now and am kicking myself. Anyway, this did help with the pain, it didn't take it all away.”

Tino1962 · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I was taking 200 mg of this script for chronic arthritis pain. I MUST wear orthotics on my feet EVEN when I’m just at home, I can not stand or walk unless I have orthotics on my feet at ALL times. I also suffer with arthritis in my lower lumbar spine where it was fused with a rod & screws. I recently found out I now have two herniated discs above the metal in my back. CHRONIC PAIN is NO way to live. HOW I WISH this would work for me!! Sadly, even though I experienced no side affects, this medication has not done anything for my pain at all.”

Someone in pain · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2018

For Pain: “I was perscribed this for a toothache and swollen jaw and it did nothing for the pain. It was equivalent to taking an aspirin. In guessing the E.R. doctors doesn't know what they are doing.”

MFClayton December 21, 2017

For Pain: “I was having heel pain for the past 4 months following back surgery L4 & L5 fusion. I finally had to go see a Podiatrist on 12/15/17. The doctor prescribed me Etodolac 400MG. Instantly this medication has helped my pain go completely away. Although I am instructed to take one pill 2x a day with food, so far taking 1 pill per day has certainly worked for me after nearly one week. I am looking forward to walking my six miles 3 times a week following the holiday. I hope that I was helpful.”

MENINBLK · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I have OA in both knees. I have been taking Aleve twice to three times a day with little to no relief. I work at night so I need to have some relief in order to walk. I started etodolac 200mg yesterday evening. The night was very bad with lots of knee pain and discomfort. I took 400mg this morning with breakfast and 6 hours later the pain is finally subsiding. I hate changing drugs because the new drugs always take a long time to take effect. This is beginning to work earlier than I expected and it is welcomed. I hope this works out well for me.”

Jack 98 November 1, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I was taken off etodolac recently because labs indicated elevated blood urea nitrogen test (BUN) & Creatinine. I had been on etodolac for about 20 years with no side effects and manageable discomfort. I was walking 5 miles a day and lifting weights for 3 hours a week. I felt great. Over the counters did nothing for me except discovering an allergy to acetaminophen. I'm taking 4 mg methylprednisolone a day and hurt all over; Age 72, female and really aggravated.”

TWC17 · Taken for 10 years or more October 23, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Had ligament & cartilage surgery on knee in early 80s. By 2000, pain made even sleeping tough. Was prescribed etodolac ER, 400 mg 2/day. Honestly, it gave me my life back. After 1 or 2 yrs, started using only 1 pill per day. Use 2/day only when cycling extra hard, snow-shoeing or skiing. None of these activities would be possible without this Rx! Only drawback is that my skin is a bit dryer and itchier in the cooler months.”

Pootloop · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2017

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: “My daughter has amplified pain syndrome and R.A. we have been on everything from Indomethacin, sulindac, plaquinil etC right now she takes a reg of etodolac 600 MG 24 hr tablet, cyclobenzaprine 5 mg tablet, hydroxychloroquine 200 MG tablet and she is finally pain free but I gotta say adding the etodolac I think helped the most.”

Anonymous April 7, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “works very good but makes BP go high”

Jim427 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 2, 2017

For Pain: “Could hardly walk and was in severe pain in both knee's. Had both knee's drained of fluid buildup and have been taking two 500mg. every day for the past two years (1 in am and 1 in pm) have not had and side effects to date.”

sports fiend · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “After the initial stomach upset it seemed to help, but I wake up with a pounding headache every morning. It also causes excessive thirst. I drink up to 3 pints of water during the night.”