User Reviews for Etodolac

Pain
7.3

Summary of Etodolac reviews 7.5 67 reviews

Reviews for Etodolac

For Osteoarthritis: "I have been taking Etodolac for 6 years now twice a day as I could hardly walk due to knee pain. After the second day on it I had no knee pain and swear by it. I realize there are some side effect trade off's but do not want to go through knee surgery."

Jim (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 20, 2018

Lodine (etodolac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Very good. But it wasn’t in the hospital’s formulary. I had to use my own."

Haha (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

For Pain: "Side effects of etodolac included indigestion, constipation, painful urination, pain in kidneys, pain in chest below the breastbone and mental confusion. I had to stop usage in about a week. Horrible stuff. Stay away."

Jesse (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Lodine (etodolac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Not sure it really gets to the pain, any more then aleve. Will try each for a day or two at a time and see if there is a benefit of one over the other."

bob (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Pain: "Given for toothache until I can see the oral surgeon but it does absolutely nothing to ease the pain. I'm in agony..."

Jean (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Pain: "I was prescribed this after I got a root canal on my bottom back molar or number 30. It does help with the pain, but it makes my stomach hurt very bad and causes me to feel a little weird. I am sensitive to pharmaceuticals but I still try, hoping I can find of that helps. I'd almost prefer the tooth pain over the stomach pain, but the tooth pain sucks. Especially since I am unaware when I start grinding my teeth, I've ground that bottom tooth twice now and am kicking myself. Anyway, this did help with the pain, it didn't take it all away."

FatLemur (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I was taking 200 mg of this script for chronic arthritis pain. I MUST wear orthotics on my feet EVEN when I’m just at home, I can not stand or walk unless I have orthotics on my feet at ALL times. I also suffer with arthritis in my lower lumbar spine where it was fused with a rod & screws. I recently found out I now have two herniated discs above the metal in my back. CHRONIC PAIN is NO way to live. HOW I WISH this would work for me!! Sadly, even though I experienced no side affects, this medication has not done anything for my pain at all."

Tino1962 (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018

For Pain: "I was perscribed this for a toothache and swollen jaw and it did nothing for the pain. It was equivalent to taking an aspirin. In guessing the E.R. doctors doesn't know what they are doing."

Someone in pain (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2018

For Pain: "I was having heel pain for the past 4 months following back surgery L4 & L5 fusion. I finally had to go see a Podiatrist on 12/15/17. The doctor prescribed me Etodolac 400MG. Instantly this medication has helped my pain go completely away. Although I am instructed to take one pill 2x a day with food, so far taking 1 pill per day has certainly worked for me after nearly one week. I am looking forward to walking my six miles 3 times a week following the holiday. I hope that I was helpful."

MFClayton December 21, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I have OA in both knees. I have been taking Aleve twice to three times a day with little to no relief. I work at night so I need to have some relief in order to walk. I started etodolac 200mg yesterday evening. The night was very bad with lots of knee pain and discomfort. I took 400mg this morning with breakfast and 6 hours later the pain is finally subsiding. I hate changing drugs because the new drugs always take a long time to take effect. This is beginning to work earlier than I expected and it is welcomed. I hope this works out well for me."

MENINBLK (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I was taken off etodolac recently because labs indicated elevated blood urea nitrogen test (BUN) & Creatinine. I had been on etodolac for about 20 years with no side effects and manageable discomfort. I was walking 5 miles a day and lifting weights for 3 hours a week. I felt great. Over the counters did nothing for me except discovering an allergy to acetaminophen. I'm taking 4 mg methylprednisolone a day and hurt all over; Age 72, female and really aggravated."

Jack 98 November 1, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "Had ligament & cartilage surgery on knee in early 80s. By 2000, pain made even sleeping tough. Was prescribed etodolac ER, 400 mg 2/day. Honestly, it gave me my life back. After 1 or 2 yrs, started using only 1 pill per day. Use 2/day only when cycling extra hard, snow-shoeing or skiing. None of these activities would be possible without this Rx! Only drawback is that my skin is a bit dryer and itchier in the cooler months."

TWC17 (taken for 10 years or more) October 23, 2017

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My daughter has amplified pain syndrome and R.A. we have been on everything from Indomethacin, sulindac, plaquinil etC right now she takes a reg of etodolac 600 MG 24 hr tablet, cyclobenzaprine 5 mg tablet, hydroxychloroquine 200 MG tablet and she is finally pain free but I gotta say adding the etodolac I think helped the most."

Pootloop (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "works very good but makes BP go high"

Anonymous April 7, 2017

For Pain: "Could hardly walk and was in severe pain in both knee's. Had both knee's drained of fluid buildup and have been taking two 500mg. every day for the past two years (1 in am and 1 in pm) have not had and side effects to date."

Jim427 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "After the initial stomach upset it seemed to help, but I wake up with a pounding headache every morning. It also causes excessive thirst. I drink up to 3 pints of water during the night."

sports fiend (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

For Pain: "Got prescribed this for a terrible earache/infection. It has helped so much! The pain was unbearable before. Now my ear is feeling alot better and finally draining!"

Em.C8 January 15, 2017

For Pain: "I have bulging disks / pinched nerves in my neck causing radiating pain down my arm. The drug was awesome for the first few days then has gradually lost efficacy for me. However, it is still better than the Meloxicam I had been taking, which did almost nothing for me. I have had minor side effects. First and second day on it, my pain went from a 7-8 down to a 2. Now it is about at a 4, which is still better than I was."

ScottATL September 8, 2016

Lodine (etodolac) for Pain: "awesome. no pain. speechless."

mary frances vester (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

For Pain: "I have fibromyalgia and was first prescribed Gabapentin, which helped some of my issues, but I needed something more to ease my widespread pain. My doctor than added Etodolac 400 mg every 6 hrs as needed. At first I only took it periodically but I didn't see results. Then I began taking it 3 times spread throughout the day. I can now move and walk and my pain has almost disappeared. I did have some bloating and gas side effects, but can totally tolerate that versus the pain that I was in."

mmmtam (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "All the people on here saying about stomach pain thats down to ur doctor as their suppose to give you a pill called omeprazole along with etodolac to protect ur stomach"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Pain: "Was given this drug for tennis elbow. Although it helped the pain in a small way. It didn't outweigh the hours of burning pain in my stomach, the copious amounts of gas I passed and sleep I lost because I couldn't lie down due to the heartburn it caused. Turmeric works just as effectively with out these side effects."

Parsleysage March 12, 2016

For Pain: "I herniated a disc in my back and was in severe pain. I waited one week to go to the doctor thinking it would get better on its own. She prescribed Etodolac 400mg to be taken twice a day. It took almost a week before I felt any relief at all. It took away the excruciating pain but my back still hurt when I would bend over to pick something up, getting up in the mornings, getting in and out of my car and just standing up in general. It also makes me drowsy. Two weeks ago yesterday I hurt my back and I've been on Etodolac one week yesterday. In the future if I should hurt myself again, I will ask my doctor to give me something else."

linkays (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

For Pain: "Spent 1.5 months on this. I always took it with food and plenty of water and had no adverse side effects, even though many new meds tend to make me nauseous. It helped my pain somewhat, but not enough. I'm trying something new now. Again I had no side effects, but for me it just isn't effective enough."

CBar1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2016

For Pain: "Does me nothing for me"

fix the pain January 31, 2016