User Reviews for Etodolac

Also known as: Lodine, Lodine XL

Learn more about Etodolac.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 342 medications

8.4
Osteoarthritis 13 reviews 345 medications

7.6
Pain 36 reviews 1092 medications

7.5
Summary of Etodolac reviews 50 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Etodolac

For Pain: "I have bulging disks / pinched nerves in my neck causing radiating pain down my arm. The drug was awesome for the first few days then has gradually lost efficacy for me. However, it is still better than the Meloxicam I had been taking, which did almost nothing for me. I have had minor side effects. First and second day on it, my pain went from a 7-8 down to a 2. Now it is about at a 4, which is still better than I was."

ScottATL September 8, 2016

Lodine (etodolac) for Pain: "awesome. no pain. speechless."

mary frances vester (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

For Pain: "I have fibromyalgia and was first prescribed Gabapentin, which helped some of my issues, but I needed something more to ease my widespread pain. My doctor than added Etodolac 400 mg every 6 hrs as needed. At first I only took it periodically but I didn't see results. Then I began taking it 3 times spread throughout the day. I can now move and walk and my pain has almost disappeared. I did have some bloating and gas side effects, but can totally tolerate that versus the pain that I was in."

mmmtam (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "All the people on here saying about stomach pain thats down to ur doctor as their suppose to give you a pill called omeprazole along with etodolac to protect ur stomach"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Pain: "Was given this drug for tennis elbow. Although it helped the pain in a small way. It didn't outweigh the hours of burning pain in my stomach, the copious amounts of gas I passed and sleep I lost because I couldn't lie down due to the heartburn it caused. Turmeric works just as effectively with out these side effects."

Parsleysage March 12, 2016

For Pain: "I herniated a disc in my back and was in severe pain. I waited one week to go to the doctor thinking it would get better on its own. She prescribed Etodolac 400mg to be taken twice a day. It took almost a week before I felt any relief at all. It took away the excruciating pain but my back still hurt when I would bend over to pick something up, getting up in the mornings, getting in and out of my car and just standing up in general. It also makes me drowsy. Two weeks ago yesterday I hurt my back and I've been on Etodolac one week yesterday. In the future if I should hurt myself again, I will ask my doctor to give me something else."

linkays (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

For Pain: "Spent 1.5 months on this. I always took it with food and plenty of water and had no adverse side effects, even though many new meds tend to make me nauseous. It helped my pain somewhat, but not enough. I'm trying something new now. Again I had no side effects, but for me it just isn't effective enough."

CBar1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2016

For Pain: "Does me nothing for me"

fix the pain January 31, 2016

Lodine (etodolac) for Osteoarthritis: "suffered fibromyalgia ref to expert with rheumatoid arthritis given lodyne my life changed thanks to it im virtually pain free my lifes great now ..........600mg sr............very happy with it."

fatima el em (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 31, 2015

For Pain: "I tried this and wanted it to work. It made my stomach hurt so bad, it made me forget all other pain."

85308 December 4, 2015

For Pain: "Was given this for a sore shoulder, but it didn't work any better than ibuprofen. Fortunately, before I gave it up I noticed the effect it has on my gout. It is like magic. Taking a double dose and drinking lots of water stopped a major gout attack in hours rather than the usual ten days. I now use it somewhat irregularly (whenever I feel I need some general pain relief, usually several times a week, but less often than the officially listed usage). It's now been five or six years since I've had any problem with gout. It apparently doesn't work for everyone, but for me it really works."

X (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I have severe Osteo Arthritis in most of my major joints: Spine, shoulders, hips, knees (until I just had bi-lateral knee replacements in August). I've had spinal fusion L3-S1 for OA complications and continued OA in the remainder of my spine. I've been taking Etodolac twice daily along with other pain meds for over 14 years. I've never had any adverse problems with it. I do however take Zantac 75 or equivalent twice daily to help protect my stomach. I'm a firm believer in this medication. When I need to come of of it for a procedure, my OA flares up once again. With my daily medication regime I continue to work full time in a shipyard and as a Fire Chief on a volunteer fire department. Give it a try, it may just do wonders for you."

Jim from Maine (taken for 10 years or more) December 3, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I started this medication 2 weeks ago for OA. After 1 week on the med I experienced nausea, vomiting and diarrhea with stomach cramping. After 4 days off this med I am still experience some cramping and stomach upset. I will not take this med again."

L. Almquist (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

For Pain: "Have shoulder and neck pain, making light exercise very difficult. After taking one, one and half or two 400mg tablets, per day as necessary I'm able to function normally."

Bobby racer/pilot. October 5, 2015

For Pain: "I switched to this due to nausea from ibuprofen, used it for back, head, neck, and tooth aches, for me it has been the best thing I ever took, much better than the ibuprofen, worked as well as narcotic pain killers without all the drowsiness, so I could take anytime and still live a normal life!"

Daa1969 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 28, 2015

Lodine (etodolac) for Osteoarthritis: "I was on cymbalta. It worked some, but there were many times it wasn't too spectacular. I have very little or no pain when I take the Lodine 2x a day. There are times I only take it once a day because if my stomach is off, it can bother it. Otherwise, it works better than anything else I've been on."

mdib (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2015

For Pain: "Back pain, bone spurs"

Kjh0 August 9, 2015

For Pain: "I have herniated discs. This drug helped tremendously, reducing my inflammation and therefore my pain as well, both when I was in severe trauma, and years later when I pull my back now and then. It increases mobility which is important, because then I can walk, cope in limited daily functions without being confined to bed, and I can instead help my muscles loosen and heal. I highly recommend this drug for herniated or bulging discs etc, etcsince it reduces I flammation, not just masks pain. The other meds I tried did almost nothing. Also, I have not experienced any side effects now, or when I was taking it every 12 hrs for those many difficult months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2015

For Pain: "This drug is a lesser known gem. I had taken various other NSAIDS and Narcotics and Etodolac is the only drug I have stayed with since IT WORKS. No real side effects that I am aware of. AND it is inexpensive. I have degenerative discs, spinal stenosis and arthritis. My back pain is constant without taking this drug. While taking this, my pain levels are drastically reduced and I am way more functional. I convinced two other family members to talk to their doctor about Etodolac and they too have had great results. This is a no brainer to highly recommend."

Big Nut (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 17, 2015

Lodine (etodolac) for Osteoarthritis: "This is working better than any other nsaid I have tried. I feel good."

amybintn June 17, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "Prescribed Lodine following Cortisone injections in knees and wrists. Within 1 week after taking Lodine 200mg b.i.d., began having neck pain, sensitivity on head and scalp and severe pain in shoulders and unable to raise arms. Felt acutely ill. Severe pain, muscle wasting and extreme weight loss and ms. weakness. Swelling in left leg and pitting edema in left foot and right hand. After discontinuing the Lodine, the swelling went down. Even had vascular scan while taking he Lodine. Lodine almost killed me."

kathy m (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2015

For Pain: "I have been having incredible TMJ pain and back pain in ages soo it seems(10 years) I have been on countless pain medications for my back pain and more recently TMJ pain after undergoing athroscopy surgery. The pain in my TMJ has been horrendous and then some and been recently been prescribed Lodine and its almost been so good to believe. Its a medication that can work very good and definetly worth a try and see if it works for you.. :)"

Rick107 May 30, 2015

For Pain: "Dentist prescribed it to me after a really rough wisdom tooth removal. Took away the pain and swelling completely. Never got such great results from any other painkiller."

maltt May 22, 2015

For Pain: "I have a history of headaches so extremethat I had to go to the hospital and get shots. When I started using etodolac it resolved my headache issues without narcotics and I have been using it for years now. Etodolac doesn't fit under headache relief but in my case it works wonders and I would never be without it. Try it the next time you have a big headache."

Dr Duane A Martin, "Doc" May 6, 2015

For Pain: "I've been taking the etodolac for a while now. My Doc put me on it when I was diagnosed with costocondritis (pain and inflammation in the cartilage between my ribs). After a while, I noticed that my arthritic knee pain had also subsided. A few months later, he diagnosed me with bursitis in my hip for the second time and I asked for more of the etodolac because of the success I had had with the abatement of my knee issues. I missed a full day of the medication, and I could REALLY feel every ounce of pain from my knees to my hip to my chest! Recently, I've been told that I now have the beginnings of degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine, and my etodolac has been extremely helpful. A muscle relaxer helps to calm my back muscles."

AuntChelle41376 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2015