User Reviews for Etodolac

Also known as: Lodine, Lodine XL

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Etodolac.

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis

Pain
7.5

Summary of Etodolac reviews 8.5 58 reviews

Reviews for Etodolac

For Osteoarthritis: "I have OA in both knees. I have been taking Aleve twice to three times a day with little to no relief. I work at night so I need to have some relief in order to walk. I started etodolac 200mg yesterday evening. The night was very bad with lots of knee pain and discomfort. I took 400mg this morning with breakfast and 6 hours later the pain is finally subsiding. I hate changing drugs because the new drugs always take a long time to take effect. This is beginning to work earlier than I expected and it is welcomed. I hope this works out well for me."

MENINBLK (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was taken off etodolac recently because labs indicated elevated blood urea nitrogen test (BUN) & Creatinine. I had been on etodolac for about 20 years with no side effects and manageable discomfort. I was walking 5 miles a day and lifting weights for 3 hours a week. I felt great. Over the counters did nothing for me except discovering an allergy to acetaminophen. I'm taking 4 mg methylprednisolone a day and hurt all over; Age 72, female and really aggravated."

Jack 98 November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Had ligament & cartilage surgery on knee in early 80s. By 2000, pain made even sleeping tough. Was prescribed etodolac ER, 400 mg 2/day. Honestly, it gave me my life back. After 1 or 2 yrs, started using only 1 pill per day. Use 2/day only when cycling extra hard, snow-shoeing or skiing. None of these activities would be possible without this Rx! Only drawback is that my skin is a bit dryer and itchier in the cooler months."

TWC17 (taken for 10 years or more) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My daughter has amplified pain syndrome and R.A. we have been on everything from Indomethacin, sulindac, plaquinil etC right now she takes a reg of etodolac 600 MG 24 hr tablet, cyclobenzaprine 5 mg tablet, hydroxychloroquine 200 MG tablet and she is finally pain free but I gotta say adding the etodolac I think helped the most."

Pootloop (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "works very good but makes BP go high"

Anonymous April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Could hardly walk and was in severe pain in both knee's. Had both knee's drained of fluid buildup and have been taking two 500mg. every day for the past two years (1 in am and 1 in pm) have not had and side effects to date."

Jim427 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "After the initial stomach upset it seemed to help, but I wake up with a pounding headache every morning. It also causes excessive thirst. I drink up to 3 pints of water during the night."

sports fiend (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Got prescribed this for a terrible earache/infection. It has helped so much! The pain was unbearable before. Now my ear is feeling alot better and finally draining!"

Em.C8 January 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have bulging disks / pinched nerves in my neck causing radiating pain down my arm. The drug was awesome for the first few days then has gradually lost efficacy for me. However, it is still better than the Meloxicam I had been taking, which did almost nothing for me. I have had minor side effects. First and second day on it, my pain went from a 7-8 down to a 2. Now it is about at a 4, which is still better than I was."

ScottATL September 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lodine (etodolac) for Pain: "awesome. no pain. speechless."

mary frances vester (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have fibromyalgia and was first prescribed Gabapentin, which helped some of my issues, but I needed something more to ease my widespread pain. My doctor than added Etodolac 400 mg every 6 hrs as needed. At first I only took it periodically but I didn't see results. Then I began taking it 3 times spread throughout the day. I can now move and walk and my pain has almost disappeared. I did have some bloating and gas side effects, but can totally tolerate that versus the pain that I was in."

mmmtam (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "All the people on here saying about stomach pain thats down to ur doctor as their suppose to give you a pill called omeprazole along with etodolac to protect ur stomach"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Was given this drug for tennis elbow. Although it helped the pain in a small way. It didn't outweigh the hours of burning pain in my stomach, the copious amounts of gas I passed and sleep I lost because I couldn't lie down due to the heartburn it caused. Turmeric works just as effectively with out these side effects."

Parsleysage March 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I herniated a disc in my back and was in severe pain. I waited one week to go to the doctor thinking it would get better on its own. She prescribed Etodolac 400mg to be taken twice a day. It took almost a week before I felt any relief at all. It took away the excruciating pain but my back still hurt when I would bend over to pick something up, getting up in the mornings, getting in and out of my car and just standing up in general. It also makes me drowsy. Two weeks ago yesterday I hurt my back and I've been on Etodolac one week yesterday. In the future if I should hurt myself again, I will ask my doctor to give me something else."

linkays (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Spent 1.5 months on this. I always took it with food and plenty of water and had no adverse side effects, even though many new meds tend to make me nauseous. It helped my pain somewhat, but not enough. I'm trying something new now. Again I had no side effects, but for me it just isn't effective enough."

CBar1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Does me nothing for me"

fix the pain January 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lodine (etodolac) for Osteoarthritis: "suffered fibromyalgia ref to expert with rheumatoid arthritis given lodyne my life changed thanks to it im virtually pain free my lifes great now ..........600mg sr............very happy with it."

fatima el em (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 31, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I tried this and wanted it to work. It made my stomach hurt so bad, it made me forget all other pain."

85308 December 4, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Was given this for a sore shoulder, but it didn't work any better than ibuprofen. Fortunately, before I gave it up I noticed the effect it has on my gout. It is like magic. Taking a double dose and drinking lots of water stopped a major gout attack in hours rather than the usual ten days. I now use it somewhat irregularly (whenever I feel I need some general pain relief, usually several times a week, but less often than the officially listed usage). It's now been five or six years since I've had any problem with gout. It apparently doesn't work for everyone, but for me it really works."

X (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I have severe Osteo Arthritis in most of my major joints: Spine, shoulders, hips, knees (until I just had bi-lateral knee replacements in August). I've had spinal fusion L3-S1 for OA complications and continued OA in the remainder of my spine. I've been taking Etodolac twice daily along with other pain meds for over 14 years. I've never had any adverse problems with it. I do however take Zantac 75 or equivalent twice daily to help protect my stomach. I'm a firm believer in this medication. When I need to come of of it for a procedure, my OA flares up once again. With my daily medication regime I continue to work full time in a shipyard and as a Fire Chief on a volunteer fire department. Give it a try, it may just do wonders for you."

Jim from Maine (taken for 10 years or more) December 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I started this medication 2 weeks ago for OA. After 1 week on the med I experienced nausea, vomiting and diarrhea with stomach cramping. After 4 days off this med I am still experience some cramping and stomach upset. I will not take this med again."

L. Almquist (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Have shoulder and neck pain, making light exercise very difficult. After taking one, one and half or two 400mg tablets, per day as necessary I'm able to function normally."

Bobby racer/pilot. October 5, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I switched to this due to nausea from ibuprofen, used it for back, head, neck, and tooth aches, for me it has been the best thing I ever took, much better than the ibuprofen, worked as well as narcotic pain killers without all the drowsiness, so I could take anytime and still live a normal life!"

Daa1969 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lodine (etodolac) for Osteoarthritis: "I was on cymbalta. It worked some, but there were many times it wasn't too spectacular. I have very little or no pain when I take the Lodine 2x a day. There are times I only take it once a day because if my stomach is off, it can bother it. Otherwise, it works better than anything else I've been on."

mdib (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Back pain, bone spurs"

Kjh0 August 9, 2015