User Reviews for Larin Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
3.3

Summary of Larin Fe 1/20 reviews 3.6 19 reviews

Reviews for Larin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Please read the reviews and listen to them! This pill is terrible. I've been on birth control for years now and was recently switched to this one because Medic aid didn't cover my Junel. I've been taking this for 2 months now and I've missed my period completely for both months - I always used to get a light period before this one. I've also experienced more depression/anxiety, including crying a lot for seemingly no reason, nausea and stomach cramping! The first month, I broke out in acne too. Please avoid this one if you can, I cannot wait to get back on Junel."

skinnyminnie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this pill for almost 5 months. The first three months, I had spotting between periods. I think it may just take a few months to regulate. It does indicate that these are common side effects for the first few months. Now my periods seem more regular, just very light, which I don’t mind. I haven’t experienced any weight gain. In fact, I’ve lost just a little weight. My skin looks better than usual. I don’t experience cramps nearly as badly as before. I don’t experience any nausea or headaches. I don’t notice any feeling of depression or fatigue. I do feel a little more anxious than usual. Not sure if it’s the result of the pill, or just life stressors. All in all though, this pill works fine for me."

JD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I had severe acne and I had irregular periods ( three to four months without periods) before I got this birth control. Now on it I felt good and even motivated me to work out, my cramps were less and my heavy period were now light. I get my period every month since I've been taking them . I did gain a little weight but I don't mind at all overall I'm so happy and my face has improved !"

Sara (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I wouldn’t recommend this birth control. My boyfriend and I have sex regularly, and I can rely on this to prevent pregnancy. The side effects were not worth it though. I’ve never suffered from acne, but now, I’m having really bad breakouts from the medicine. I’ve gotten hives and swollen lips. Maybe this isn’t a great fit for everyone, so talk to to your doctor!"

Nono1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Been experiencing severe depression since I started using this pill several months ago. I imagine different people react differently, but I would strongly warn anyone taking Larin to monitor their mental state and stop taking the pill if they become depressed. I’ve been miserable and detached from myself and my emotions. I came dangerously close to “cashing in my chips”. Please be careful with this pill. Also pissed about the weight gain :/"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I had no major issues with Larin. This was my first ever birth control. Given the limited reviews when I started this about 7 months ago, I was freaking out. Let me start with the bad. The first 3 days of taking the first pack, I had the most severe headaches, maybe migraines, of my life. I never get headaches and like clockwork around 3pm the headaches would come. Took the pill at 9am ritually. Crazy enough after the first three days, it went away. As for my periods, they are so sporadic - and generally come in between the start of my third pill back to my fourth. SO annoying. Since I’ve started this, it has never regulated. One month I didn’t get my period at all. My cramps have are also a bad. I like to prepare myself and again depends on the month. No breast tenderness and swelling is minimal; no noticeable weight gain, although I did go up a cup size; no acne, etc."

heygirl March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control was a disaster. My mood was horrible, I was depressed and would have a melt down over absolutely nothing. My sex drive was very very low. It did prevent pregnancy and my periods were light. But it wasn’t worth how it made me feel. I had to switch to this when my insurance stopped covering Minastrin, I am now stopping this and starting Sprintec in hopes I can return to my normal self."

RMRM95 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2018

For Birth Control "PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Absolutely horrible. This pill gave me extreme mental issues. I started my first pack of pills in November 2017, I’m now on the end of my second pack in February 2018. My first months of pills was fine.From November to February I was recently put on Prozac because I had depression. I have mild anxiety, but this pill made it beyond worse. I have had days where I panic about absolutely nothing. Please listen to the reviews."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2018

For Birth Control "DON'T TAKE LARIN FE. Within 2 weeks I was a mess with the emotional stability of a 13-year-old. I was miserable; depressed, irritable, impulsive. I was tired all the time and had no motivation to do anything at all, even simple tasks or things I typically enjoy. I cried constantly for no reason (I am not a crier). I felt nauseous and had to take my weight in antacids. I started this pill to regulate my incredibly painful period...I would take those awful periods over this any day. I know it takes a while for your body to adjust, and I have been off the pill for quite some time, so maybe it was just a bit of a shock to my system. But no thanks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I am 28 years old and a wife and mommy of two. The only reason I was put on birth control was due to painful periods and possibly having endometriosis. And the thought of only a 2-3 day period and no pain for periods sounded nice but I was on this birth control for 4 months till I had a scare and had to switch to another one. It made me bleed a lot and have blood clots. I felt nausea. And I was told it was normal so I kept taking it until the scare happened when I started having really sharp chest pain that sent me to the hospital, it seemed like I was having a heart attack! It also made me very emotional and depressed. I would not recommend this pill."

Anonymous0089 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

For Birth Control "Worse pill ever, please do not take and please listen to these reviews. Started out great then started with very sharp pains, was on bed rest and almost rushed to the ER.... no sign of my period but I sure feel it coming because he pain, bloating, cramps, acid reflux, sickness, PMS, mood swings, anger and depression which WON'T STOP. Save yourself the trouble and don’t take!!!!"

..()?!8& October 7, 2017

For Birth Control "So I began the pill 3 months ago and all was well for like 3 weeks then once it came time for my period it lasted 17 days, no joke. It was horrible, no pain really but just way too long and annoying now on the 3 month mark I have been having symptoms of IBS and acid reflux so nauseous all the time and very bloated and crampy, not to mention my anxiety of pregnancy has sky rocketed due to these side effects and the fact my period is so light and only last 4 to 6 days, with no symptoms. It is nice but how am I supposed to know I'm for sure not pregnant. It is horrible can't wait to go to my appointment. I also have gained around 5 pounds that I cant drop in only 3 months. It is horrible for me at least"

Anonymous August 21, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill made me absolutely crazy. I'm a generally happy, outgoing person and Larin made me super depressed and I never wanted to leave my bedroom. I can't remember a day that went by that I didn't sob uncontrollably for absolutely no reason. I stopped it taking it, needless to say. It did regulate my periods and controlled acne, but other than that my life sucked. Depends on the person though."

Cambam5150 August 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I stopped taking this pill two months ago due to the nightmare that was my life while on this pill. I got switched from Gildess to this one simply because my doctors office didn't carry it anymore. Within the seven months that I was on this pill, I was nauseous from the time that I woke up to the time that I went to bed. In fact, at least once a week I would actually get sick from being so nauseous. In addition, I ended up gaining 25 pounds...and I've never had weight issues with any birth control I've taken prior. This weight gain is extremely embarrassing to the point where I've had worsened depression. The only good thing I can say about this pill is that it does regulate your periods, to where mine only lasted about a day. Very light."

Anonymousgirl93 August 15, 2017

For Birth Control "My Gyno recommended this pill to help with my PMS symptoms and migraines. I took it for 6 months and I had no migraines episodes after I started it, didn't have my periods (not even spotted) and therefore no PMS symptoms. It was 100% effective for that reason BUT on the other hand, I've gained 20 lbs that no matter what I did I couldn't lose them. I quit the pill 30 days ago. It took one month for me to get my first period after starting in this pill and in 30 days I've already lost 10 lbs! The weight gain is the only reason why my rating was so low. No woman would like to be treated for one symptom and get as a gift the side effect of gaining weight!"

Star dust July 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I began the first pack and everything started out fine. There was no major side effects. Then, came my first period. What a complete nightmare. My period was light and heavy. Making me want to scream in pain from my cramps. I bleed through tampons left and right. Also, it would go on for two days then stop for one. Then begin while I was sleeping. My "period" lasted for 8 days in total compared to its usual 5. Now, two weeks later I've had bloody discharge every single day."

Melody_Stanford2017_fe March 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I started these pills 7 months ago, the first 3 months were awful, l got strong migranes and a lot of nausea. When I started the 4th pack I tried eating a small meal before taking the pill and noticed the effects were a lot less then they were when I took the pill with an empty stomach. Now I get no side effects and my periods are very regular. And no they don't make you gain weight as long as you're eating healthy and balanced meals "

MrsChamorro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2016

"I never had any weird side effects with this pill. It did what it was supposed to do, and I have no complaints! Would recommend!"

Anonymous March 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I hate this pill. I've been on different pills before and I have never felt like this. I'm throwing up all the time. My appetite has increased heavily. My acne has never ever been this bad. I'm tired all the time and I just feel like shit since taking it. I've been on it for three month now and every new pack is just a horror story. I get a very very light period which really pisses me off. I get it for one day. I hate that I'm the type of person who freaks out if that happens. It makes me so uncomfortable and nervous to basically not get a period. My OB won't change the pill and I'm so fed up with it. I have no motivation at all. I never felt this was before taking this pill. I hate it."

Anonymous October 27, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill was complete hell for me. It has made my anxiety about getting pregnant even worse. I get migraines and I am never hungry. I've lost 12 pounds and now in my fourth month of taking the pill, I can say I am really excited to start a new pill next month. Beginning this month, my breasts became really tender making my anxiety even worse! My cramps still exist and it does a good job at regulating my period, but my period starts and stops throughout the week of the placebo pills."

Anonymous August 12, 2014