User Reviews for Larin Fe 1 / 20 to treat Birth Control

Larin Fe 1 / 20 has an average rating of 4.1 out of 10 from a total of 94 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 23% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Larin Fe 1/20 Rating Summary

4.1/10 average rating

Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Larin Fe 1 / 20

Lee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2021

“I switched from the depo injection to birth control pills two months ago. I was on the depo for 6 years and noticed gradual hair loss so I decided to switch. I decided to look up reviews for this brand and saw AWFUL reviews. I was so nervous and scared just from the reviews on this page, it was causing me so much stress. Anyway I took it and I wanted to leave a good review just to say the bad things that unfortunately happened to others might not happen to you! Don't get over stressed about reading these reviews if you haven't given the pills at least a month. I have had a good experience over the last 2 months. The first week, my breasts were sore, but that's about it. I haven't gained weight, I haven't been anxious or depressed. Best of all, my sex drive increased significantly since being on Larin Fe 1/20. I surely hope my experience doesn't change, but so far its been a really positive transition for me.”

Ro · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2019

“*PLEASE READ* I never put reviews for medication I have been on but I wanted to WARN all the girls who have to be put on this generic pill for some reason. I used to take Lo Loestrin and it was amazing however my insurance stopped covering it so I was given Larin Fe. WORST MISTAKE OF MY DAMN LIFE.... At first I didn't have any symptoms but within a month, I've hit the darkest of spots of my life, insomnia, shakiness, HORRIBLE anxiety, breakouts (not severe), acid reflux, lack of appetite. Sadly, there was not single day in that month where I felt normal, I was going crazy with mood swings, depression, I barely could leave my bed, I even had several panic attacks. I wish I could say a positive side to this drug but THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THIS DRUG. Believe these negative reviews please, and if you don't feel an side effects right now, the second you feel it please switch to a different birth control. It won't get any better waiting.”

Kkpops23 December 27, 2019

“Larin Fe 1/20 has been kinda good so far, I was recently switched to this brand from my other brand Junel fe 1/20. On this new brand Larin, I have had horrible headaches & random cramps throughout the month. I did have a pregnancy scare because I had some symptoms of pregnancy due to the switch of brands but it turns out that Larin did do its job at preventing pregnancy. My periods are much lighter & I don’t have much cramping when I get them. Overall Larin is great! Just gotta let your body get used to it after a few packs!”

DJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 28, 2020

“A good friend of mine's daughter just recently died from Larin Fe side affects. She was 26 yrs old who had a bad headache, went to Insta Care who gave her migraine meds and sent her home. She had a seizure later that night, transported by ambulance to hospital. She now has a blood clot on the brain and was dehydrated. This young lady had just received two college degrees and lost her life because of this drug. doctor could only say, "it's rare, but it happens" Really?”

Tina · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 22, 2021

“I had really bad menstrual cramps around my uterus, ovaries, and colon. Larin Fe helped my cramps, eased some of my acne (I only get acne on my period), got rid of my body aches, headaches, breast tenderness, and shortened my period length.”

HaileyC · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

“In the beginning Larin FE was a little rough. I was nauseous 1-2 a day, Luckily I had zofran. I had acne terribly. I was moody, had random stomach pain. But that was the beginning, DON'T RATE THIS WITHIN A COUPLE WEEKS OF TAKING IT. If I went by the bad reviews of people who had only taken this a couple weeks I wouldn’t have got it. First off your body hasn’t even had time to adjust with the medicine in that amount of time. I’m halfway through my second pack and now I don’t have acne, maybe a small blemish occasionally, no weight gain yet, no more nausea, no headaches. It’s great now that my body is use to it. I bled about three days lightly the first week I started it but since then I’ve not had a period. I had spotting for one day about a week ago And usually my period is 3 days and regular flow but painful, so I don’t mind skipping it. If you try this birth control, give your body until maybe a few packs to adjust, any meds you take you have to adjust to the hormones before you know if is good for you or not.”

Marsa · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2020

“I was prescribed Larin Fe after my insurance no longer covered Lo Loestrin Fe (which I absolutely loved). I have been on Larin for about 2 months now, and it is absolutely awful. My mood swings have been vicious, I have always been a calm person but being on Larin I have been angry all the time, and incredibly irritable and frustrated.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 7, 2019

“I have been taking this birth control for over 2 years now and I LOVE it. I haven't had a period since I started taking this pill and I barely have any acne. The pill however did make me gain a few pounds but that's pretty standard for birth control. My insurance does not cover my birth control and luckily, this product is extremely affordable! I highly recommend this product.”

BLR · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 25, 2020

“I started Larin FE back in Nov 2019. First time being on BC. Struggled with hormonal acne and just wanted better protection with my sex life. When starting, had breast tenderness and cramping for a bit (prob lasted a month or two) and my boobs def grew as a result. My face however cleared up TREMENDOUSLY. I love this birth control and I’m happy I didn’t have to try multiple ones or experience severe side effects like the other individuals who posted a review had stated. One thing I noticed however is I bruise far more easily... first three months I was bruising so bad I’d wake up every morning with random bruises and have no recollection of bumping into anything at all. Brought this up to my doctor and she said it’s not common for bruising to be a side effect on BC...... but other then that I’ve been 10/10.”

Nia · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2020

“I’ve been on this medication not even for a week. I been nauseous for the past 3 days straight. Today I feel unbalanced and unable to focus on the computer screen. Last night I suffer unbearable cramps. The listed long term side effect are wild, like 4 or 5 different cancers like what human been would suggest someone to take this horrible drug. This medication isn’t worth the risk. I'd rather be pregnant”

Jordan · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2020

“I’ve been on Junel fe 1/20 for 9 years and loved it, never had a single issue on it even when I first started. Then my pharmacy gave me Larin and lied saying it just switched names. I stupidly trusted them and took it. I’ve been on it for 2 weeks now and for the past two weeks I’ve had no appetite and when I force myself to eat I feel like I’m going to throw up the entire time and can maybe get a couple bites down. My depression and anxiety has gotten 10x worse and I go from okay to extremely angry within seconds. This birth control switch has been the only thing to change in my life and after reading other woman’s reviews with the same exact story I know it’s 100% the Larin. I know everyone reacts differently to meds but be cautious and aware of your symptoms while taking this pill, I’ve never been this miserable and depressed in my life.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2019

“Every body is different and I’m not saying this is a bad pill, it just didn’t work for me. I’m hoping this review can ease some other girls’ minds who are experiencing the same thing as me. I was put on this pill because my insurance no longer covered my usual brand Junel Fe and was told Larin was “the same thing, just different packaging.” 3-4 days into the pack, I started getting nauseous and anxious every day. I would gag at the smell of certain things and my breasts hurt. I was convinced I was pregnant, which made my anxiety skyrocket. Turns out Larin Fe did its job preventing pregnancy, but the side affects were terrible. I threw up for the first time since being on this pill today, and will be stopping immediately.”

Lena March 23, 2020

“Lalrin FE 1/20 doesn’t work like it should. I’ve been on it for 7 months and I’ve just started missing periods. I’m also having a lot of symptoms of pregnancy that I haven’t been having until now. I also took every single pill and haven’t missed any days. The only side affects I had were headaches and I guess my appetite.”

Noelle · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2020

“I have been taking Larin Fe 1/20 for about 2 weeks now and I’ve got to say that it is the worst I’ve ever felt on any birth control. Horrible nausea shortly after taking it and increased anxiety and constant panicky and on verge of tears feeling. I am a person that never dreams or remembers any dreams at least and ever since starting this pill I have had nightmares almost every night and wake up in a panic in the middle of the night and resume nightmares when going back to sleep till morning. Insane mood swings and frequent hot flashes. Zero sex drive so in that case it is effective as birth control because it makes you not want to do anything at all. Not worth it. Only going to go to end of this pack to not throw off my cycle completely and I am never taking it again. Should be taken off market after seeing all of the other negative reviews about it too. Scary stuff.”

Furious April 11, 2020

“My 18 year old daughter was prescribed Larin Fe 1/20 to control cramping and acne. This was in May 2019. In September 2019 while at college she was complaining of shortness of breath. The school's health center gave her an inhaler. By October she was having trouble breathing walking around campus. On October 18th she called me and said she couldn't walk to her bathroom without feeling like she couldn't breathe. She went to the heath center, which sent her directly to the Emergency Room. She was diagnosed with bilateral Pulmonary Embolisms!!!! All a result of taking this drug. She had no other social or medical factors that would have given her these embolisms. She ended up in a cardiac cath lab and ICU to pump medicine into her lungs to dissolve these clots. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. If this could happen to my daughter, who was a very active, athletic 18 year old - who never smoked or vaped and no family or medical history - this could happen to you!!!!”

Anonymous May 2, 2021

“I started this pill when I was 13, (17 now) and trust me it was a rollercoaster but I was also super young with raging hormones when I started it which could have been a lot of why this pill was difficult for me. I started this to help my acne which it did help clear up significantly. I developed depression and anxiety that I was medicated for, but it was tolerable. I noticed I was a lot more moodier and snappy when just starting the pill. I also gained weight which wasn’t really a problem for me because I had an eating disorder at the time of starting it. This pill regulated my periods a lot and only brought them down to 4-5 days and I had absolutely no cramps or breast tenderness. I just recently switched over to a new birth control because this one stopped working for me. I’ve had a huge increase of acne that I have never seen before, not even when I hit puberty. I also bleed in between my periods which I have never had a problem with. I also have mild cramps.”

Caroline · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 30, 2020

“I’ve taken this birth control for 2.5 years and have had a great experience with it. It has prevented pregnancy and completely cleared my hormonal acne within the first year of using it. The only downside has been that my period cramps and symptoms are much worse than they were off birth control. However, I now only lightly bleed 2-3 days instead of heavily bleeding for 5-7 days.”

Eckam93 February 13, 2020

“I’ve been on Larin 1.5/30 for maybe two and a half months. At first I didn’t notice any real side effects, but eventually they all started to creep in. It started with my breasts becoming swollen and tender to the touch, and they’ve been uncomfortably tender for about two straight months now. My appetite has decreased dramatically, and some days I barely eat at all. I feel like I’ve definitely lost some weight due to that and I’m terrified of it getting worse because I’m trying to actually gain some weight right now. I randomly get headaches and some small cramps, but nothing too bad. I would say the worst part about all of this is the anxiety and mood swings I’ve had. I already have anxiety, but since taking this birth control it’s gotten much worse. I will say though it is HIGHLY effective at preventing pregnancy.”

Tori · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

“I haven't even been on this for a month and I'm already looking into something different. My head is always hurting, I'm nauseous, tired and my anxiety is been off the charts. And I've been insanely emotional. The only good thing is that I'm not pregnant, but the symptoms are similar to pregnancy, so it still makes me think I'm pregnant.”

Carrie November 13, 2020

“I'm 24 and took this BC Larin Fe 1/20 for 3 months, I can see the negatives. In the first month I was experiencing random light bleeding directly after taking the pill, definite mood changes (much more irritable), and chest pain. The second month I noticed that my acne was getting worse (I do have acne prone skin) I was hoping birth control would help my breakouts but instead gave me worse acne on my cheeks and chin (I never got acne on my chin badly before). My side effects in the third month are what made me decide to switch BC pills. I noticed that my hair was definitely falling out more than usual. I have thick hair as it is, but noticed in the shower my hands were literally covered in hair on wash days, which I have never experienced prior to this BC. I'm actually SCARED to wash my hair, seeing how much falls out. My last week on the pill I also experienced intense headaches out of no where. The pros to Larin fe 1/20 are that my periods are super light and short and that I am not pregnant.”

Meg · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2019

“Larin Fe has quite a few pros, but for me they do not outweigh the cons. I’ve been taking this for 4 months and this is my experience. Pros: -Protects well against pregnancy. -Acne has decreased. -I haven’t gained any weight so far. -My periods have become extremely light and short, only 3 days long. Cons: -Slight cramps throughout the whole month. -Pretty much every time I eat, and sometimes even if I don’t eat, I have terrible acid reflux. I have taken an acid reducer almost every day. I am assuming it’s from the pill because it never used to be this bad -Depression. This is what’s making this pill not worth it to me. I have had anxiety in the past but I’ve never cried this much, not even while PMSing. My husband wants to know why I’m crying but sometimes there’s nothing I can tell him because I have no idea why I’m crying. I will be in a great mood and be having a conversation and suddenly my voice will start shaking and I’ll be in tears.”

anon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 9, 2021

“I had extremely bad periods prior to starting meds. Throwing up every month multiple times in one night over a period of a few days. Cramps to the point of passing out and so on. I use to bleed for 8-9 days. The first three months were about the same as they were before starting the meds. My doctor said it’ll take a while to actually begin working so I gave it some time. I honestly started to loose hope for a bit but it around 4 months things were significantly better. I could go back to school, hang out again. I do still have cramps here and there as well as sore breasts however, it’s NOTHING like it was before. I’m also regular now so I’d give it a good 8/10.”

AMA · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2021

“I was put on this birth control to help stop bleeding and to help regulate my periods. I just finished the first pack but for the ENTIRE MONTH my breasts have swelled and are EXTREMELY painful to the point I’m in tears. I was already diagnosed with depression and anxiety and my mood swings became even worse. And I’ve been cramping and bleeding for 2 weeks straight now and Tylenol or ibuprofen won’t help at all. I don’t recommend this birth control! There has not been ONE day on this pill that I felt ok”

Olive · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 21, 2020

“I have been taking this since towards the end of October and I have had very few problems. The only side effects I am experiencing is brown breakthrough bleeding/spotting, it’s not unbearable but it does get quite annoying. I haven’t had any mood changes so far and my skin seems to be getting better by the week. I haven’t tested the effectiveness of the prevention of pregnancy yet but I am confident that my doctor chose a good brand for me.”

No Name · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2020

“I have been on this birth control since August 2020. I have never used the pill before I’ve always used long term birth controls. I like how I know exactly when my period of going to start but I noticed that on the week that I don’t take the pills I am extremely emotional. I find myself crying all the time, extremely depressed. Emotional rollercoaster. If you have mental health issues maybe this pill is not for you. Which I should look into changing soon as well.”

More about Larin Fe 1 / 20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands