User Reviews for Orsythia

Endometriosis

1 review 103 medications
Summary of Orsythia reviews 5.4 220 reviews

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "This is by far the absolute worst birth control. It does it's job at preventing pregnancy but everything else is just awful. A week into it I was ready to stop taking it! I had awful headaches and strong cramping and stayed nauseous. I gained a good bit of weight immediately face broke out and I was like it's just side affects it will go away when it gets in my system good. So I continue to take it. I stopped after completing the first pack. I had felt like a crazy person my anxiety was through the roof I was having mood swings, I didn't care about life, I went into an awful depression and I was like nope can't do this I knew it was the meds. So I stopped and little by little my stomach pains went away, the headaches were gone, my face started to clear up and I started my period again a week later and all the swelling went down my mood swings everything. But I have currently been bleeding none stop extremely heavy for 2 weeks now no pains or anything,"

Hrm (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill makes me want to eat everything!!!"

stick with sronyx (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this medicine for a week and my migraines were so bad to the point of standing up and almost passing out. I had such bad food cravings and couldn’t stop eating. I stopped taking it and five days later I got my period and it was MUCH lighter so I guess that’s a good thing."

Laughalot320 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for a year now. My doctor switched me to this birth control, mainly because Syronx was no longer being covered by tricare. At first I was a little skeptical about the switch and continually asked my doctors to switch me back to the brand I was already familiar with, but nothing was really different other than the packaging. I have the usual PMS symptoms (way lighter than when I wasn't on the pill) a few days before a withdrawal bleed, and I also noticed that my periods were actually timely. I knew exactly when they would happen. My reason for giving it only 9 stars is because I don't like the packing. Truthfully I gained weight after starting this pill, but I actually think it's helped me gain A LOT of muscle. The weight I gained isn't fat or water weight. I lift, and I have never seen my muscles so define till now. I also used to be be underweight, so from 90 lbs to a healthy 120 lbs. That's outstanding."

obfinatic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst birth control by far. It was 100 percent effective at preventing pregnancy but the side effects were awful. I was switched to after taking lutera for 3 years because the health department ran out of lutera. First off the first month I took it I constantly had a yeast infection. I ended up having break through bleeding and periods that last at least a week. The other downside. I took it for several months and out of nowhere had such terrible breast pain and nausea I was convinced I was pregnant. It was that bad. They were never sensitive at all just achy. Then I had chest pains. Also the weight gain was awful and made me feel like a cow. The worst part was the anxiety and emotional roller coaster. After taking it for several months I noticed my anxiety was at an all time high and caused me to become so stressed out."

Shayze August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Just finished my first month on this pill and have no serious complaints so far!! I have had horror stories of past birth controls (having continuous bleeding for a month straight, debilitating cramps, 7 pounds of water weight/bloating within a months time) but so far so good with Orsythia! I have always been a highly anxious person and while I do notice occasional mood swings (presumably because my body is still adjusting), I feel as though I have been much happier and less stressed. I have been eating very healthy and exercising (thankful for no insane cravings), but I haven't noticed any weight loss yet. I attribute this to a few pounds of water weight but I expect that it will dissipate as my body fully adjusts to the pill. Overall I feel as though this pill has had little to no impact on my day-to-day life!! minimal cramps, no headaches, no spotting, same sex drive. Seems like a dream so far!! Keep in mind everyone's bodies are different"

ekf August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Oh dear the weight gain and fluid retention!! In two weeks I gained ten pounds and my stomach hurt all the time. As of today I quit this pill."

Dean August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I used this birth control for about 10 months before getting off of it. While on it, I must say it did very good at managing my periods. I did not have a heavy flow or a lot of pain. This was very nice, because I usually have rough periods. However, I did notice that my libido lowered and I was more dry. I also gained weight while on it and really struggled to lose it. Honestly getting off it was the best for me. While my rough periods did return, everything else went back to normal as well. I'm definitely looking into a different option post pregnancy."

ginabina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve used it for over a year and here recently been getting off of it and back on. The pills are definitely effective when it comes to preventing pregnancy, however when I got off of it, I lost about 5lbs within the first week of being off. I would say these pills do make you gain water weight, I know this because change in boob size from being on to being off. Also I feel like possibly slows metabolism (making it hard to lose weight and making it easy to gain weight). I’m only 26 years old, I know my metabolism is slowing but it shouldn’t be this hard to lose weight especially when I exercise multiple times a day and watch what I eat. So keep in mind his birth control among many are steroids and affect your body. And that is how it’s effected mine. Also I have felt exhausted and extremely tired everyday. I have no energy which is not my usual self."

Kristenchic2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Orsythia is my first birth control and have been taking it for a year now. I started out with tender and growing boobs for a couple months which is fine and have gained weight because it makes me crave food. However, my periods are a lot lighter, always on time, and no cramps. My acne slightly subsided, but I breakout bad on my chin right before my period. A little more irritable and emotional, but so worth it. I’m too scared to switch bc all other BC reviews are horrible. After a while, my boobs went back to normal size."

Eaw0116 June 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Orsythia for years. There was a brief period when the pharmacy tried to switch me to another brand, but I experienced many negative side effects and requested to switch back. I’ve always considered myself to be a high-anxiety person, but the past year or so (on and off) my anxiety has been out of control. I’ve experienced more panic attacks during that time than in my entire life. I’ve had many check-ups and even wore a heart monitor to rule out other medical issues. At this point, I feel like I’m going crazy. I don’t know why I never considered the BC could be elevating my anxiety through the years. As far as managing my cramps, this pill has been great and has given me a much lighter period. I’m curious if anyone has had similar issues? I’ve regularly experienced nausea in the past, but it seems this pill is suddenly changing for me now."

Steph17 May 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control since I was 12 ( due to really bad cramps) and stopped taking it when I was 19 years old because I had to get new insurance. After my first year off of it I broke out really bad which was when I realized I hormonal acne and I felt anxiety not being on it. I think people forget this is a hormonal birth control pill. So if you have a hormonal imbalance such as acne I highly recommend or if you have really bad cramps. Give it a try it because everyone’s bodies are not the same! So happy I’m back on it!!"

Tori (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC is great. After suffering from crippling depression from a different BC they switched me to this. I have been on it for 9 months now. No depression or mood swings. My boobs got bigger and it did not take away my sex drive. I used to get cramps and go into a depression before my periods but this BC stopped that. Occasionally I have some break through spotting. This is a minor issue though. I am very sensitive to BC so Orsythia has been a god send for me."

Thankfulone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill and others similar for around 4 Years. At first I had switched to something stronger to help with acne but it made me so irritated and emotional all the time. So I switched back to my low dose birth control and I’ve not had any major problems! After this long sometimes my periods aren’t on schedule but when the are I have 1 heavy day (1st day) and by day 3 I’m pretty much done with my cycle!"

Glamour2314 February 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Orsythia for about 7 years, originally starting on it because when I would get my period I would get such horrific cramps they would leave me debilitated and vomiting each month. I love love this pill, I have never had any side effects from it and it made my period very (light flow & only 3 days menstruating). Unfortunately, the past 2 years I have had break through spotting during the month (not consistent and also have taken breaks for a few months from the pill). This is the 4th month in a row I have had spotting so I’m switching. Sad to see it go but I think I just need a higher dosage!"

susanv109 January 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible, terrible, terrible. This pill gave me a period multiple times a month, about every 10-14 days, with them lasting about 6-9 days. I had NO sex drive (I’m only 21), sex was painful due to dryness, and I’d go from happy to sad / mad / irrational within seconds. Seriously ruined my life. I was on this for 7 months until I finally decided to talk to my doctor. Now on ortho cyclen."

Becksooooo January 26, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control I have tried so I have nothing to compare it to. For the first two months I can say it was not bad..... my mood was okay was not that big of a difference. My third and fourth month were pretty bad, I had really bad mood swings and AWFUL cramps that were so bad I had to take off work. I would then have bad breakaway bleeding a week before my period so I would be bleeding for two weeks straight. After my fourth month was over I switched...."

Break away bleeding (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2018

For Endometriosis "I have never felt worse in my life than the three weeks of my taking this pill. I was on Lutera for several years in college and was told after graduating that Orsythia was exactly the same. I can tell you it is not. I became nauseous to the point of being unable to eat save for small bites of bland foods starting on day one after my first dose, lost 15 pounds (not great for someone with a history of ED) and became more anxious and depressed than ever. As someone with PTSD, GAD, and GDD, it was literally debilitating. I could not stop shaking and panicking until my placebo week, where my pain was minimal and felt fine after. Switched back to Lutera and have no problems. Do not take this med!"

JillianJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first form of birth control. I was very very apprehensive about taking this birth control because of the reviews. I am currently half way through my second pack and so far so good. The only negative I have is that the first week I had sore boobs but after that everything was back to normal. So far so good."

Mayajjjjjj December 17, 2017

For Birth Control "Do you like feeling like a raging cow? If so, this is the pill for you! Never have I felt so horrible as I did the 6 weeks taking this pill. When I wasn’t furiously angry I switched between absolute exhaustion to deep depressive state. I should have listened to the reviews telling those with anxiety to avoid this pill. I also had 3 heavy periods during the time I was on the pill or maybe it was just one long one that happened to have 2 4-day breaks. I’m switching to another birth control."

AbsolutelyNot (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking Orsythia about a month ago. Since then, I’ve been depressed and I have no clue why; I have also had more anxiety in the past month than I have had in the past 3. I read that others have had some anxiety and depression problems while on Orsythia. However, I am not as overly-emotional as I was on the birth control that I was taking before this one. I’d honestly be overly emotional 24/7 than depressed often. I don’t have very noticeable cramps but Tylenol helps take them away. I also have gained a couple pounds while on Orsythia. I would not recommend this to someone that has a history of anxiety/depression because it will drain you. Many others have also had this problem while on Orsythia"

Jo122 November 25, 2017

For Birth Control "I was originally on Microgestin Fe 1/20 using it for my period and birth control, I had very few cramps and very light bleeding with no side effects. I turned 19 and lost my health insurance and can no longer afford it, so I went to the health Dept. And they put me in Orsythia, I was told it is the same thing. I have been on this medication for a month now and I have only had headaches and extreme tiredness, some problems being mad for no reason. I haven't started my period yet but I am only on the first inactive pill so we will see. Will update soon."

CB1998 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve used Orsythia for two years without any issue. I have a long history of anxiety and it has not been affected by the pill, nor have I experienced any nausea. I take it precisely at the same time everyday and it has worked great. I’ve put on a few pounds but I think everyone should evaluate their diet before blaming the pill, it’s pretty much impossible for a pill to make you gain 20+ pounds unless your diet is unhealthy and you’re lacking exercise. It’s a pretty generic birth control and I would assume that the horrifying side affects listed by previous reviews are probably rare and true for all birth control on the market. So give it a try, it’s not a miracle pill, but it’s not a anxiety inducing weight gain supplement either."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for a year and then I was switched to a different one without me wanting to be. The first thing I notice was the tiredness. I was completely exhausted all the time. I never really had acne breakouts while I was on it. However, I did have my first yeast infection and reoccurring bacterial vaginosis while I was on it. I have no idea if it caused it or not but I think it’s plausible since I’ve never had either infection until starting bc. All in all I would much rather go back on it as I suffered very minimal side effects from it."

Em.-. November 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I love hate this birth control it’s not all bad but it’s not all that great. I have been on orsythia for a year, I use to get pimples every month before this pill now I rarely get them. (I don’t break out normally) so anyway it definitely kept my skin clear. I have gained about 20 pounds since starting and I naturally am thin I weighed 94lbs before so yeah do the math. It definitely prevents pregnancy I’ve taken it later on some days and still kept me protected. Definitely does give you anxiety HIGH anxiety and depression. You choose though other than that I’d stay on it but I’m switching."

Brebre12 October 14, 2017