User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Ovarian Cysts 2 reviews 55 medications

5.4
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Orsythia reviews 174 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "Just started my second pack of this pill. I switched from tri-sprintec due to side effects from that such as nausea, constant breast tenderness, and increased anxiety. I have had no side effects with Orysthia so far. My breasts did get tender before my period, but I'm used to that anyways. My period started the 3rd day of placebo pills and I had mild cramping. My period did last for 5-7 days but was not heavy. My sex drive is pretty low, but it has been ever since I started taking any form of birth control about 7 months ago. Overall, I'm really pleased with this pill!"

Keri N January 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I was perscribed lutera, and when i went to the pharmacy they gave me orsythia instead because it was more affordable for me, yet an equivalent of lutera. As of recently I have been experiencing a lot more headaches and migraines, which my doctor warned me about (since I have family and personal history of severe migraines). I haven't gained any weight, my periods are very light and about 4 days long. They start on the third inactive pill. In addition, my breasts have increased in size but not been tender. I like orsythia. I was very paranoid about taking birth control, but orsythia was a lot better for me than I expected, however if my migraines continue I will need to switch :("

briana marie January 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I was put on this BC because it was what my insurance was covering. I was on it for about 9 months. Prior to using Orsythia I was on Lutera. I am now back on Lutera thank goodness! They supposedly have the same ingredients but Orsythia really made me feel awful. Here is what went on. Every month was different, some months I was extremely emotional, other months my breasts would get very tender, all the way through the nipple, ouch! I would also get frequent headaches, like maybe 4 a week, There was more cramping too. I connected the dots and told my Dr. and she switched me back to lutera and put on the prescription that there should be no substitutions. I have been fine for the past 6 months since I changed back. Orsythia sucks if you ask me."

SillyP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control made me depressed. It worked to prevent pregnancy, but the side effects were not tolerable. The worst was that I didn't realize it was the birth control and was so confused why I was so unhappy and dull. Once I stopped taking it my mood improved. Birth control reacts differently in each person's body, but if you are prone to mood problems I would proceed with caution."

Dancer13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on it for about eight months now, literally no side effects that I've noticed. I'm very active and orsythia has never effected my athletic performance. In terms of period regulation, sometimes I'm up to three days late or early, incredibly light flow though that lasts for maybe four days. Previously I was dealing with ten day periods and very horrid cramping every other month. I've had unprotected sex about 70 times, with no scares, I do take the pill religiously. Over all I'd totally recommend this, no bad side effects and anxiety over getting pregnant is completely gone."

eva7522 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've actually lost weight on this pill. Every other birth control pill made me gain lots of weight. Periods are short. It has no side effects that I've noticed. Compared to other pills I've tried, this is the best. I recommend it! I do not get acne, or crazy mood swings, or anything of that sort on this pill. It works beautifully"

Rachel129 December 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I started birth control my junior year of high school to help with heavy cramps. Though I did not start taking Orsythia until 3 months ago, but I am pretty satisfied with it. I have not really noticed any negative side effects. I have noticed a slight change in my breasts size which is not a bad thing and my periods are always on time and very short which is great. I am also very satisfied with its ability to prevent pregnancy. Over the course of 6 days with my long distance boyfriend we had unprotected sex 13 times and I did not get pregnant and feel great. So I say if your looking for a pill that will prevent pregnancy and help with period pain and such Orsythia is a good choice."

KSlove97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Orsythia for 9 months and loved it. Before the prescription, I would have normal/heavy periods for 7 days and experienced a lot of premenstrual mood swings. After the pill, my mood swings disappeared and my skin cleared up (haven't had a single pimple since I started). I experienced spotting for around 2 weeks in my first month but my period regulated after that. My period then reduced to 3-4 days of light bleeding, manageable with just a panty liner. I didn't gain any unusual weight and it didn't lower my sex drive. I recently just switched to Nexplanon, a hormonal implant. I loved the pill but unfortunately, it is a hassle to have to remember to take it every day, reorder the prescription and take it with me when I traveled."

AdonisBlue December 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from microgestin fe 20, which was good, but my body got used to it and I started getting abnormal periods. Switched to this, did not gain weight, so far it's been a smooth transition. The only thing that I do not like is that I get a lot of nausea while I'm on my period. I hope with time it'll go away. Other than that it's a good form of bc."

Me09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm mainly posting to balance out the negative reviews. I have been on Orsythia for about a year and frankly it was a godsend. Before Orsythia I turned into a crazed evil sobbing wreck every month. Once I got on it I finally managed to get my moods, and Mega Death Cramps, under control. Lexapro helped also :) If you have just been prescribed this, i urge you to try it out and give it a chance. Remember that satisfied customers almost never post reviews, and it has helped a lot of women!"

Amysaur November 19, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I was taking orsythia for about 2 years but I switched to a stronger kind which was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Orsythia did wonders for my acne. I tend to get cystic acne but when I was on this pill I would break out maybe once every three months. Also, my ovarian cyst went away and my periods weren't as painful and a lot lighter. The only thing it didn't help was my anxiety but it definitely didn't make it worse. I love this pill but it seems to effect everyone differently so you won't know unless you try it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on and off this pill for about a year if not two years. It's been one of the better birth controls I've taken up until the most recent time I had a two month gap in between packets due to my insurance. My symptoms have been so off it's kinda scary. I've lost weight since taking the pill again but I've been bleeding for about 2 weeks, I've been feeling very anxious and depressed almost. I'm not too sure if it's all to blame on the pill or maybe my new job? But this is the first time I've felt this way. Also a loss of appetite, I'll start eating a meal and lose interest about halfway through or get a nauseous feeling. I've also noticed that my energy levels are very low"

Lana626 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about a year and I'm not kidding each month have freaking sucked like I'm seriously on my period for 12 to even 20 days at a time on my period. My doctor told me it would get better so after a damn year it still sucks.DO NOT GET ON IT. I have friends who experinced this as well. It ruins my life I hate being off my period for only a week out of a damn month."

Mcbethkc October 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Orsythia for a year now and I have to say that I have never been happier with another birth control and I've one other before starting Orsythia. I did NOT gain any weight, lose my sex drive, get acne, have mood swings, PMS symptoms or most importantly get pregnant on this birth control. I am so happy with my rx and I would highly recommend. I understand that everyone is different and experience drugs differently but you need to wait the 3-4 months before getting used to a daily drug in your body that changes your natural hormones. I love it and I see that it is very effective for me."

Purr Meow kitty September 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 2 1/2 months now. It's been downhill since 3 days after I started taking it. I've experienced headaches more often, weight gain (10 lbs), water retention and bloating, my mood has changed radically, I snap all the time for no good reason, irrational agitation, irritability. My anxiety has spiked, I've had multiple anxiety attacks since starting this pill (I am also on an anxiety medication and have been for a year and a half and it's helped with my anxiety levels wonderfully until I started Orsythia), I'm almost at my breaking point with it. I'm going to finish out this month and switch to something else. The only positive thing I can say about Orsythia is that it has prevented pregnancy. Would not recommend."

Ktg1994 September 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 1 year and I've gained 30 pounds. I've been the same size for years until I started taking this pill. My emotions are crazy but it does make my periods shorter and not as uncomfortable"

Diamond95 September 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful. I'm currently on this birth control and literally everyday I bleed. And there's an odor that comes with it. It's awfull. I'm going to give it a few days but it's bad."

Kenniken (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was put on this because I originally had irregular bleeding. Normally, a week before my period I would spot, have my period for about 3 days and be done. Since being put on Orsythia, I've already been fully bleeding for 2 weeks plus 1 week of heavy spotting before hand. Needless to say, I have an emergency OB appointment on Monday to get me on something else that doesn't make this condition worse than it already was. The only two things this helped with was the life altering cramps/body pains during pms and it also did not take away from my sex drive (though I could not even have sex because of the erratic bleeding).... I would NOT recommend this to my worse enemy."

Kevans628 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Best birth control ever.... Lost weight and help with cramps doing period"

NeneG September 11, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "To preface this, this is merely my experience, for everyone's experience may be different. I was prescribed this after having abnormal periods (skipping 1-3 months, and upon arrival, lasting for 1-2 weeks in addition to excruciating pain). During the first month, the first week I felt somewhat nauseated and tired, but the rest it cleared away. Acne was gone, period was lighter. However, starting now on the second month, I am completely repulsed by food and have other gastrointestinal symptoms on top of pre-existing conditions (which is a problem for someone who does weight training) and I'm tired pretty often, thus I will no longer be taking it. Additionally, Orsythia has also made my mental illness symptoms far worse."

Quinn8687 September 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from the shot to the pill Bc the shot increased my appetite and I felt like I was going crazy with my emotions on the shot. Since switching to this pill, my appetite is back to normal and my crazed emotions are no longer existent. Would recommend"

LaylinKane September 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control did shorten my period, help with symptoms. However I've gotten more sluggish and I've gained 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks on it. Stopping it now because I can't keep gaining."

Kare99 August 27, 2016

For Birth Control "i saw negative reviews on Orsythia but decided to try it anyway, but I wish I hadnt. I was so anxious and had the worst mood swings. I would get so angry over little things I wouldn't give a second thought to normally. I snapped at my boyfriend, friends and family practically once in every conversation when I used to be so calm and light-hearted. I eventually thought enough is enough and switched to Junal Fe and finally back to my normal self. Orsythia also made me completely repulsed by food, so I lost about 12 pounds, but I'm barely 5 foot 2 so 12 pounds is a huge difference. Only positive is that I didnt get pregnant."

Sammmmmmmm August 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Orsythia about four months ago. This was my first experience on birth control, so I was incredibly apprehensive about the side-effect, namely: migraines, birth control, and mood swings. The first two months, everything went so smooth. These last two months I have been shocked with the adverse effects I've experienced. I have had issues with water-weight gain, which fluctuates between 3 and 5 pounds, and nausea. But, the biggest issue I have found with this medication would be the anxiety and depression. At first, I chalked it up to stress. However, people around me noticed that I have not been myself. I've felt edgy, irritable, overwhelmed, confused, and sensitive. I'm finishing this month, then switching to a new pill."

Lyd47 August 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't have anything but good things to say about Orsythia. It regulated my periods really well, reduced and shortened bleeding, and completely got rid of my cramps. I haven't noticed any major side effects. No spotting, no weight gain, and no acne issues. I've noticed I'm sometimes a little bit more emotional during week 1, but it's never been of any issue or effected me negatively. As of now I have no plans of changing from this pill."

Anonymous August 14, 2016