User Reviews for Orsythia

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Orsythia reviews 5.4 208 reviews

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill and others similar for around 4 Years. At first I had switched to something stronger to help with acne but it made me so irritated and emotional all the time. So I switched back to my low dose birth control and I’ve not had any major problems! After this long sometimes my periods aren’t on schedule but when the are I have 1 heavy day (1st day) and by day 3 I’m pretty much done with my cycle!"

Glamour2314 February 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Orsythia for about 7 years, originally starting on it because when I would get my period I would get such horrific cramps they would leave me debilitated and vomiting each month. I love love this pill, I have never had any side effects from it and it made my period very (light flow & only 3 days menstruating). Unfortunately, the past 2 years I have had break through spotting during the month (not consistent and also have taken breaks for a few months from the pill). This is the 4th month in a row I have had spotting so I’m switching. Sad to see it go but I think I just need a higher dosage!"

susanv109 January 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible, terrible, terrible. This pill gave me a period multiple times a month, about every 10-14 days, with them lasting about 6-9 days. I had NO sex drive (I’m only 21), sex was painful due to dryness, and I’d go from happy to sad / mad / irrational within seconds. Seriously ruined my life. I was on this for 7 months until I finally decided to talk to my doctor. Now on ortho cyclen."

Becksooooo January 26, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control I have tried so I have nothing to compare it to. For the first two months I can say it was not bad..... my mood was okay was not that big of a difference. My third and fourth month were pretty bad, I had really bad mood swings and AWFUL cramps that were so bad I had to take off work. I would then have bad breakaway bleeding a week before my period so I would be bleeding for two weeks straight. After my fourth month was over I switched...."

Break away bleeding (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2018

For Endometriosis "I have never felt worse in my life than the three weeks of my taking this pill. I was on Lutera for several years in college and was told after graduating that Orsythia was exactly the same. I can tell you it is not. I became nauseous to the point of being unable to eat save for small bites of bland foods starting on day one after my first dose, lost 15 pounds (not great for someone with a history of ED) and became more anxious and depressed than ever. As someone with PTSD, GAD, and GDD, it was literally debilitating. I could not stop shaking and panicking until my placebo week, where my pain was minimal and felt fine after. Switched back to Lutera and have no problems. Do not take this med!"

JillianJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first form of birth control. I was very very apprehensive about taking this birth control because of the reviews. I am currently half way through my second pack and so far so good. The only negative I have is that the first week I had sore boobs but after that everything was back to normal. So far so good."

Mayajjjjjj December 17, 2017

For Birth Control "Do you like feeling like a raging cow? If so, this is the pill for you! Never have I felt so horrible as I did the 6 weeks taking this pill. When I wasn’t furiously angry I switched between absolute exhaustion to deep depressive state. I should have listened to the reviews telling those with anxiety to avoid this pill. I also had 3 heavy periods during the time I was on the pill or maybe it was just one long one that happened to have 2 4-day breaks. I’m switching to another birth control."

AbsolutelyNot (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking Orsythia about a month ago. Since then, I’ve been depressed and I have no clue why; I have also had more anxiety in the past month than I have had in the past 3. I read that others have had some anxiety and depression problems while on Orsythia. However, I am not as overly-emotional as I was on the birth control that I was taking before this one. I’d honestly be overly emotional 24/7 than depressed often. I don’t have very noticeable cramps but Tylenol helps take them away. I also have gained a couple pounds while on Orsythia. I would not recommend this to someone that has a history of anxiety/depression because it will drain you. Many others have also had this problem while on Orsythia"

Jo122 November 25, 2017

For Birth Control "I was originally on Microgestin Fe 1/20 using it for my period and birth control, I had very few cramps and very light bleeding with no side effects. I turned 19 and lost my health insurance and can no longer afford it, so I went to the health Dept. And they put me in Orsythia, I was told it is the same thing. I have been on this medication for a month now and I have only had headaches and extreme tiredness, some problems being mad for no reason. I haven't started my period yet but I am only on the first inactive pill so we will see. Will update soon."

CB1998 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve used Orsythia for two years without any issue. I have a long history of anxiety and it has not been affected by the pill, nor have I experienced any nausea. I take it precisely at the same time everyday and it has worked great. I’ve put on a few pounds but I think everyone should evaluate their diet before blaming the pill, it’s pretty much impossible for a pill to make you gain 20+ pounds unless your diet is unhealthy and you’re lacking exercise. It’s a pretty generic birth control and I would assume that the horrifying side affects listed by previous reviews are probably rare and true for all birth control on the market. So give it a try, it’s not a miracle pill, but it’s not a anxiety inducing weight gain supplement either."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for a year and then I was switched to a different one without me wanting to be. The first thing I notice was the tiredness. I was completely exhausted all the time. I never really had acne breakouts while I was on it. However, I did have my first yeast infection and reoccurring bacterial vaginosis while I was on it. I have no idea if it caused it or not but I think it’s plausible since I’ve never had either infection until starting bc. All in all I would much rather go back on it as I suffered very minimal side effects from it."

Em.-. November 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I love hate this birth control it’s not all bad but it’s not all that great. I have been on orsythia for a year, I use to get pimples every month before this pill now I rarely get them. (I don’t break out normally) so anyway it definitely kept my skin clear. I have gained about 20 pounds since starting and I naturally am thin I weighed 94lbs before so yeah do the math. It definitely prevents pregnancy I’ve taken it later on some days and still kept me protected. Definitely does give you anxiety HIGH anxiety and depression. You choose though other than that I’d stay on it but I’m switching."

Brebre12 October 14, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill has been pretty good for me. It is a lower hormones dose than the many other pills I tried before, which gave me bad side effects. I had mild nausea and headaches with this pill for the first 3 months but that's it. I have gained about 25 pounds in the 2 years I've used it but I don't mind it as much as some other people. My sex drive has gone down a tiny bit but nothing noticeable. I have sex frequently, using this as my only protection method, and I haven't had a pregnancy scare (granted, I am very good at taking it on time). This pill isn't perfect, but its definitely the best one I've tried!"

Cait318 October 5, 2017

For Birth Control "Orsythia was the first birth control pill I had ever been on, and for the first 2-3 months I had extreme nausea when taking it, which I was warned by my doctor that that could be a side effect in the adjustment period. I would take the pill at night and made sure I ate something before I took it, but I would still get extremely nauseous. My periods were not affected by Orsythia, but I did notice it helped reduce cramping. The main problem I had with Orsythia was the weight gain, which was a substantial amount. I gained about 25 pounds in the year of taking Orsythia, and I have never gained that much weight in that time span ever before. My doctor is switching me to a different birth control."

TL13 September 25, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost 6 months now after switching when my insurance no longer covered the birth control pill I had been taken previously. I decided to try this pill for quite a few months because I know side effects can subside after the first few months and I wanted to give it a real shot. Unfortunately, after 23 years of minimal to no breakouts, this pill has given me extreme breakouts on my face, shoulders, and back. I've tried several types of skincare to control the breakouts to no avail. I have also suffered from anxiety and depression in the last few months, something I thought was work-related, but have decided this pill is no longer worth the risk. I will be switching pills starting next month."

Emmmmm August 23, 2017

For Birth Control "If you have any history with anxiety and/or depression, stay FAR away from this pill. I have been on Orsythia for 4 months and it's been miserable. My anxiety is thru the roof, I have panic attacks weekly and throughout the month I would go into a depression where I would just be hating on myself and be completely sad for no reason at all. I also didn't get my period during any of the "period week" (placebo pills week), instead I would get a period week 2-3 of my pill pack. It also made my breasts hurt for the 2 months, and made me have little to no appetite, I lost 20 pounds while taking this. Sharing my experience so other girls don't have to go thru the same thing. I am using condoms as a contraceptive now, and it is sooo much better."

victoriaaaa16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking Orsythia for unbearable menstrual cramps, and stayed on it for about 6 months. It immediately regulated my period and made the cramping almost disappear, but some of the side effects made it not worth it. No weight gain or acne, but my anxiety was through the roof. I would have major meltdown anxiety attacks on a daily basis and would get incredibly emotional from the slightest amount of stress. I could not handle much of anything and was constantly overwhelmed and lethargic. My mood swings were awful and put a lot of stress on my relationship. I've been off this pill for 2 months and my anxiety is SO much better. This pill does wonders for cramps, but I would not recommend it to anyone with a history of anxiety issues."

ejp1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Orsythia for a little over a year now and my experience has not been good. Although I will say, this birth control pill regulated my periods with little to no menstrual pain as well as prevented pregnancy. However, the side effects were awful! I had very severe mood swings and anxiety attacks. Anxiety is nothing new to me but this medication made it so much worse. I am ALWAYS tired, no matter how much I sleep. The worst part for me was the headaches, I would get them daily and the pain was unbearable. Some headaches would last days and interfere with my sleep. I thought there was a more serious issue due to the intensity but everything checked out fine, it was the medication. I would not recommend this medication."

Anonymous June 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm 19. I've been on Orsythia/Sronyx for 7 months now. First 5 months were fine, cleared up my acne, regulated my periods and prevented pregnancy. The last 2 months have been extremely difficult. I had previous issues with anxiety and panic which I thought I dealt with until 2 months ago where I experienced very extreme anxiety. I thought it was work stress but I felt I was going crazy; migraines, insomnia, weeping, nausea for weeks. It has been a while since then and life has calmed down but I am still not feeling like myself, and so I am contemplating switching the pill. Orsythia also gave me recurrent and niggling yeast infections which was annoying. At the end of the day it does its job, but if you're predisposed to anxiety, be weary."

agirlnamedlou (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I am on my 3 months pack but all she sudden I won't stop spotting 12 days straight so far, my first 2 packs were just fine"

Asia84 May 26, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over a year, and only had mild side effects during the first 2 months. Those side effects included breast tenderness, and spotting. After the 2 month mark, all side effects subsided. I have had much lighter periods that only last 3-4 days since starting the pill, which has been great! I have not experienced mood swings, low sex drive, weight gain, or any of the other effects some other have dealt with. It's been a great pill for me!"

TiffyLynn May 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on orsynthia since I was 14. I am now almost 19. I am nauseous a lot and cry for no reason. I am very moody all of the time and and have a lot of mood swings. I have an EXTREMELY low sex drive, to the point that I think it will ruin my relationship some day. I am sexually active but I am always safe using condoms so I haven't gotten pregnant. For me, orsynthia has stopped the clotting during my periods but I still will get cramps and my periods will sometimes be very heavy. I never got acne so that hasn't been a problem for me. If I were you I would steer clear of orsynthia and make this your last choice birth control."

Jilliayy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I have severe menstrual pain, so bad to where I throw up,and I am in bed for the whole day. So I decided to get on the pill. My doctor prescribed me orsythia and it changed my mood severely. I was very mean and grumpy all the time, it felt like was on edge all the time. Which is not like me at all, I am a very easy going, go with the flow, never really get mad type of person. It did not help my cramps as much as I thought it was going to. It also made me have really bad head aches and acne. It has been almost a week since I've stopped taking it and my mood and acne has cleared up. The only thing now that I've noticed is that my knees and ankles ache, after coming off of the medication. But I'm sure that will clear up soon."

Emi4444 April 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I haven't experienced any of the negative side-effects (admittedly it hasn't been very long, but supposedly the first three months are worst). I have noticed less intense period cramps and decreased flow, which is nice. I guess I'm one of the lucky people that doesn't get the negative effects, or at least they aren't any more noticeable than regular stress. I am getting it through my college health center, so it's cheaper as well."

M_A April 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I experienced spotting the entire time I was on this pill, which I have not had happen on other pills. Ended up switching after 3 months."

HJKL111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017