User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 1 reviews 55 medications

Birth Control 148 reviews 281 medications

5.3
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Orsythia reviews 151 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "I started taking Orsythia about four months ago. This was my first experience on birth control, so I was incredibly apprehensive about the side-effect, namely: migraines, birth control, and mood swings. The first two months, everything went so smooth. These last two months I have been shocked with the adverse effects I've experienced. I have had issues with water-weight gain, which fluctuates between 3 and 5 pounds, and nausea. But, the biggest issue I have found with this medication would be the anxiety and depression. At first, I chalked it up to stress. However, people around me noticed that I have not been myself. I've felt edgy, irritable, overwhelmed, confused, and sensitive. I'm finishing this month, then switching to a new pill."

Lyd47 August 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't have anything but good things to say about Orsythia. It regulated my periods really well, reduced and shortened bleeding, and completely got rid of my cramps. I haven't noticed any major side effects. No spotting, no weight gain, and no acne issues. I've noticed I'm sometimes a little bit more emotional during week 1, but it's never been of any issue or effected me negatively. As of now I have no plans of changing from this pill."

Anonymous August 14, 2016

For Birth Control "This was my first time on the pill, and I can say that it has been great. I gained a few pounds the first month, but I also started lifting weights and eating a lot more to help build muscle the same time I started taking it, so I can't say definitively that the pill is what made me gain weight (and by gain weight I mean like 5 to 7 pounds--I haven't gained or lost more than 2 or 3 in the past 4 years as a high schooler so that was pretty significant for me). It didn't clear up my acne but it didn't make it any worse, I've had no mood swings, no cramps, no pms symptoms, no bloating, really no side effects at all. The only real change I've experienced by taking this is that it made my period more regular and lighter. I have no complaints"

Brenna R August 13, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "As I am not sexually active, I cannot state upon the effectiveness of this as a birth control, however upon taking this my anxiety and depression flared to the point that therapist is suggesting medication for that. I have no experienced any odd weight gain, although my hunger signals are off (I do not get hungry, nor full anymore). My acne is the same as usual, with no more or less cystic acne. I am choosing to switch birth control brands to see if it will change, but the emotional symptoms are just too much for me to handle."

TheOneAboveAll (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill lightened my period but I began to experience sore back, sore breasts, constant hunger and always felt tired. I gained 45 pounds since I started taking the pill but my diet remained. I stopped taking the pill and instantly lost weight! I've been off the pill for a month and I've already lost 15 pounds."

Chicanaaaa August 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Hi Ladies I wanted to share my experience with this orsythia pill. Well I have now been takin it for about 5 months and I Love it. I was on the nexplanon for 6 months before I changed it to the pill. And it was the worst so many symptoms like headaches and nausea and always so hungry. When i had my son I was weighting at 200 pounds before I had him and lost 30 when I gave birth so I was down to 170. I tried my hardest to loose weight with the nexplanon after inserting it after giving birth. I dieted well eating 1,200 or less calories a day doing 3 hours of workout and nothing. Right when I switched to the pill I started losing weight rapidly I was at 170 and now I'm at 142 in less than 4 months and I havnt been as hungry‚̧"

MarielaMeza August 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill when my pharmacy switched it out from my regular Aviane. (Which are supposed to be exactly the same) The first week or so I was incredibly nauseous. Another thing I've noticed is how incredibly tired I've been. I wake up tired. It's really strange because this is a brand new thing since starting this pill. My sex drive has also taken a turn for the worst. Mainly due to being so tired by the time my kids go to bed I'm practically asleep myself. That was never a problem before. Now that I'm nearing my 1st period on the pill I have extreme pms symptoms. Mainly feeling weepy and actually crying about things I would not normally. The worst though is my temper. I feel like I'm about to snap frequently."

Andrea862 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Birth Control "From using this pill for a year I can say my opinion is firmly that Orsythia is not for me. The pharmacy/insurance switched Lutera to Orsythia and I just went along with it, despite the negative reviews. This past year has been a completely different me, my sex drive was fine, bad cramps only once and then other time from the white week sticker falling off and accidentally missing some pills. But my mood swings became so frequent and awful. I experienced depression and suicidal thoughts and am glad to have switched out of this birth control. I understand everyone's experience is different, but please don't be afraid to switch out of this birth control. Or keep a mood diary if you experience unusual moods."

A full year of experience July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Pill worked well at preventing pregnancy but I would bleed for 3-5 weeks straight. It was awful and made me very very very cranky and moody."

LadyKJ July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started taking this not to long ago and when I was supposed to get my first period it never came and I've never had a missed period (it could have been hormones but my lifestyle and stress levels didn't really change) and when I got my 2nd period on this pill I barely bleed. My acne has been so much worse I feel like I'm back in high school. Can't remember the last time I wore foundation and now I wear it everyday. Funny thing is I take medication already for my face, so you would have thought my doctor would have use common sense when prescribing this horrible birth control to me."

Mary D. June 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I used Orsythia many years ago and all went well. I don't remember having any issues while using it. It prevented pregnancy, my acne cleared up and I lost a little weight. I recently decided to get back on the pill and have only been on it for about 2 weeks. This time around, my boobs hurt so bad, my back muscles are extremely tender and I constantly feel like I'm going to vomit. So far there are no negative effects on my anxiety/depression. I'm going to give it more time since I had a successful experience prior to this, but if things continue down this path, I will have to switch to something else."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Orsythia for about a year, and I've had mixed feelings about it. It started out really well and my periods were down to 1-2 days. However, it makes you feel tired and it's hard to feel as energized as you used to."

Anonymous June 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Love love love this pill!!! I've been on it for about a year and it has been the best experience ever. It cleared up my acne, helps with my anxiety, and has done a wonderful job at preventing pregnancy! I've noticed a little bit of water weight with it but that's ok, I don't mind it."

Liv1111 June 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this pill so it could help my PMDD. I have an anxiety disorder and during my tom, I would have horrible anxiety attacks and depression. This pill receives a 10/10 for helping me with that issue, however, the other side effects dampened the positives of this medication. It made my sex drive PLUMMET. I felt like a menopausal woman for the duration I was on this pill. Secondly, it made my acne blow up for the first 4 months I was on it! It wasn't until I went to a derm and started using a topical treatment that it began to clear. It also made me retain a few pounds in water weight and my boobs got bigger. I just started tri-previfem yesterday so I hope I can get my sex drive back!"

Maddie_h June 5, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was HORRIBLE. Although it did prevent pregnancy for the year and a half I was on it, it gave me THE WORST abnormal bleeding during and after sex. I would wake up the next morning and within seconds of standing up have blood pouring down my legs and no it was not my period. I would bleed on my partner during sex... How embarrassing?! I don't know if it was the birth control that caused this or the fact that the birth control did not have enough estrogen for me to not bleed abnormally... I switched to Sprintec and it is working great for me. Have been losing weight on it actually and no more bleeding!"

Samantha727 June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this birth control. I had severe mood swings and was always fatigue. I switched from the patch Ortha Evra to this pill to get better results and it did not work for me at all!"

porshmem26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

For Birth Control "The only reason I even give this two stars is because I never had an issue with pregnancy on this pill. I started with Aviane (which I had no side effects and generally felt great) and was switched to this by my pharmacy. Since then things have gone down hill. I had very mild anxiety before going on the pill, Aviane did nothing to it but Orsythia has amplified it to the point where I've really struggled with my anxiety and mood swings. A few days before my period the smallest things will set me off into episodes of weeping and panic. I've gained some weight (5 pounds). Experienced nausea every so often (more than Aviane). Worst, is the cystic acne on my chin. While my periods have been lighter and shorter, cramps have gotten worse. Terrible"

Terrible Pill (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have tried probably about 8 different birth control pills trying to find the right one, and Orsythia is it! I used to get yeast infections right before my period like clockwork, not an issue as soon as I began this one. I have been on it for 3 years, and sexually active the entire time without condoms, and have not gotten pregnant. I haven't noticed any breast tenderness or nausea (and I have a SUPER sensitive stomach and am nauseated by many things). The only side effect I have been able to notice is vaginal dryness, but this his happened with every hormonal contraceptive I tried. Clearly this isn't the pill for everyone, but for people who are having trouble finding the right one, give it a chance, it truly changed my life."

hall15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 7 months and it is good except for the extreme nausea and it causes me to not want to eat sometimes. So I have lost weight except in my boobs which actually stayed at my normal C cup. If you have anxiety and anxiety attacks like I do just know that any hormonal birth control can make them more frequent."

BatGirl101 May 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 1 1/2 years. When I first started taking it, I had the usual side effects, upset stomach but when I took it with food, I was fine. However if you miss a pill, only retake 1 (the missed pill), not 2 or you will vomit then continue the rest of the pack. I never had any pregnancy scare, my period always came on like clockwork. In April of 2016, my period came on twice and the second time it did not go off for almost 4 weeks. My breasts were also super sensitive. My doctor switched me the next month. Other than that I had no issues and loved this birth control. I recommend to watch out for unusual signals that may present themselves."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Ive been on Orsythia for 3 weeks. The side effects im having are nightly nausea probably 4-5 nights a week. One night my first week i did vomit. Ugh, its been miserable. The other main side effect is that i have had my period for 15 days now. Its a regular flow too!! That has honestly been obnoxious too. I am not sexually active so i dont know if it is working to actually be birth control. I will say though, i have depression and anxiety and i have NO noticeable mood changes which is awesome:) also no weight gain!!! Woo!!! My boobs are a little bigger though.... Which isnt so bad;) anyways i think its a lot better than Beyaz which i was on about 4 years ago. :)"

Juliaakatrinaa May 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only been taking this birth control for 3 weeks now. I used to take Cryselle, which I was on for 2 years, and never experienced any problems with it besides weight gain, which was around 20 pounds. I have been off of Cryselle for a year now, but about 2 and a half months ago, I got in to a new relationship, so I decided to get back on the pill. I went to planned parenthood where they prescribed me Orsythia, and the doctor mentioned to me that spotting, nausea, & feeling "funny" were the most common side effects. Let me say that my pill was not covered by my health insurance so I had to throw a fit at my insurance company, CVS, and the doctor. Orsythia costs me $27 a month. Anyways, about a week and a half after "rapid starting" the pill on a Friday, I began to notice I was grinding and clenching my teeth. I put put this off, until I started to realize I was so anxiety-ridden that I couldn't sleep, eat, and I felt as of I was almost in a dream-like state. Not to mention, I do have manic-depressive disorder, and it is clearly stated that Orsythia can worsen symptoms in mentally ill patients. Other than the extremely severe anxiety, the pill itself is not so bad. My first period only lasted about two & a half days, I had no cramping at all and I usually cramp before.& during my period, I also had unprotected sex 'exactly' 7 days after beginning the pill, so it's safe to say that it does the job at preventing pregnancy, it's just the side effects that make it so horrible."

Mikala W. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Birth Control "So far, I haven't gotten pregnant so this medication is doing its job. I have experienced a few side effects. I have a complete loss of appetite (I haven't been hungry in 2 months) and I've lost about 5 pounds. Sex can be painful since I can't seem to produce natural lubrication. My period is a barely a period, I wouldn't even call it a "flow" and it lasts maybe a day and a half. Most concerning is before starting Orsythia I had low blood pressure, but after two months my blood pressure has gone up so much it is technically stage 1 hypertension (despite taking perscription water pills)."

Anonymous April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on birth control for about 15 years and decided to stop to give my body a break. I got pregnant during that time and I started taking this birth control after I had my baby. I've been on it about 5 months now. So far, the only good things is it has kept me from getting pregnant and cleared up my skin. The bad things....it has made me gain some weight, I now start to get my period before my pills are done, I feel like I am sweatier and it has given me large painful cysts under my right armpit. I am debating whether or not to get off of this pill or give it a little bit more time."

BDess9115 March 29, 2016

For Birth Control "When I first went on the pill, it was to help with my pmdd, which I will say, helped significantly. However, I have NOO SEX DRIVE. I used to masturbate at least once or twice every day but now I'm lucky if I can even make myself orgasm in a month. Orgasms don't feel very good anymore and nothing turns me on. Sex is painful and boring. Other than that, it did make my periods a bit shorter which is one positive of this pill. The first week I was on the pill I was super queasy ugh! Some other side effects have been weight gain (only about 3-5 pounds but still), and horrible acne in the first 3 months. I'm seeing my obgyn soon because my low sex drive is hurting my relationship and makes life miserable."

Maddieh98 (taken for less than 1 month) February 29, 2016