User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem, Yuvafem

Learn more about Estradiol.

Atrophic Vaginitis 74 reviews 50 medications

7.2
Atrophic Urethritis 12 reviews 45 medications

Summary of Estradiol reviews 86 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Estradiol

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Very glad to see that there's a generic for Vagifem, which I had wonderful results with. However, the blister packaging on Yuvafem is ridiculously bad. It's impossible to separate the single-use applicators using the perforations without tearing the foil wrapping on multiple applicators. Being able to separate is very handy for travel, etc. Please fix the packaging and make it functional!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The packaging is horrible!!!! The company obviously did not think through the way it is packaged-impossible to break apart and the pills come out of inserter and end up on floor....or worse in the toilet! It is frustrating enough to make me consider switching to another option. Generic is great but not at the expense of making them extremely difficult to use. And it still is quite expensive!!!"

Schonebeeem (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This medication has improved my quality of life significantly. Since I went through premature ovarian failure and started menopause at age 38, by age 42, I had severe atrophic vaginitis which meant very painful sex and constant bladder infections. Sorry, I'm not giving up sex at age 42. Especially since otherwise I'm extremely fit and healthy. All the estrogen creams were a big mess and one of them even gave me a rash. A doctor suggested I try the vagifem and it was super easy, no mess and no reaction and solved my issues. I was happy and so was hubby. Now if I could just get a generic. 8 tablets (1 month supply is $176!! And my insurance now has a $3000 deductible (thanks Obamacare) so I have to pay for it myself."

Premature menopause at age 38 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I am glad there is a generic to Vagifem which I have used for years. My only criticism is the packaging. The perforations between doses does not come apart. I have to use a scissors and even then the covering gets ripped. In addition, many of the small dosage tablets have come out of the plastic inserter once I've managed to open the covering. I have to reinsert the tablet manually into the bottom of the plastic inserter. The whole inside packaging needs to be revamped."

BRCook (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Activating the Pay No More Than $25 card did not result in product being $25. False advertising. Did not purchase."

Hate false advertising December 24, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've been married for 35 years. After menopause, intercourse became impossible due to dryness and pain. I do not go to the doctor as often as I should, so I suffered for years, and tried to find "natural remedies" on my own to no avail. I finally gave in and went to a gynecologist. I was embarrassed to even tell him, but I knew I had to do something. He was familiar with the problem and put me on Estrace cream. Within days, I was a NEW person. Saved my life and my marriage. Excellent results and fast!"

CeeGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Vagifem still works but due to lower dose I have to use more often. My doctor says this is very common with reduced dosage. I very glad that she will prescribe sufficient pessaries for comfort."

Lizziedo December 13, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Sex became extremely painful after menopause..so much so that penis insertion was impossible! I thought I was done...my gyno suggested this and gave me some samples. I had started seeing somebody I really liked so had "the talk" about pain..I know some others have had this talk too. He said it wasn't a problem and meant it but I wanted to try..a month later..penetration was achieved with only a slight amount of discomfort! In fact..I was so surprised that it took me a moment to register that Yes..that IS what I'm feeling. So far..everything is fine. I will never be the way I was..but I'm very satisfied with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2016

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have been treated successfully for atrophic vaginitis with Vagifem for six years. Unfortunately, because I now have Medicare with supplemental insurance, I have had to get a month's supply of Yuvafem, the new generic for Vagifem, until I can get the brand Vagifem from Canada. The first thing I noticed is how poorly the Yuvafem is package. when trying to separate the applicators, the packaging covering the pill area broke open, and I ended up having to cut the applicators apart. Now I wonder if the medication is also substandard product. Of course, in the U.S., we are unable to tell were our prescription medications are made, where as in other countries, that information is available."

Brook Dancer December 7, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have suffered with endometriosis since I was 16 years of age... needless to say they did full histerectomy at 34 years of age, and still suffered painful sex after having my hormones shots each month , I was still having pain, ,, my doctor prescribed this cream and so far so good. Hopefully it continues to help me, this is embarrassing to women especially at this age. .."

Young one (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "this past Feb I literally thought my insides were being ripped out. Expected to see them lying on the floor after sex one Monday afternoon.I was throbbing and hurting the rest of the evening and into the the morning.The next day I called my GYN and begged to be seen. she diagnosed my with this and several rips. She gave me an Estrace cream sample and prescription along with one for the rips. I do not have medical insurance.I healed the rips with coconut oil and started the cream 1 oz 2 times a week, She says it is not absorbed. Well, all I know is that my hot flashes have lessened, sex is no pain and if I don't use it like I'm supposed to, all that changes! I'm blessed to have friends in the medical field that can keep me in samples."

Pattisue62 October 25, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Have been on this for four weeks. First two weeks 1 gram daily then twice per week. Just a few days after starting breasts felt full and tender like I was breastfeeding, gained up to 4 lbs. Did the trick for relations with husband. I'll be deciding if it's worth it ( physical effects and possible cancer of uterus) when I go back for a follow up visit this week."

28ST September 18, 2016

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Estring makes a huge difference in my life. It restored my ability to have normal sex (win!), with no pain and with normal lubrication. I've used it for 2+ years. The first few months my weight went up 10+ lbs and I've been unable to lose weight. It is worth getting used to a new normal weight for me to feel normal again. I have a false advertising complaint against Estring. Their Coupon says in large letters, "Pay no more than $15 for your ESTRING prescription." The very fine print says. "savings are limited to $100 for each of 4 uses," meaning you only save $100 for each Rx, but this Rx is VERY expensive, so no one pays $15, but usually much more. Still some savings are better than none."

Everclimber (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Really good experience with stronger dose. Now on lower dose and after a year or so the effect is nothing like as good. As atrophic vaginal conditions increase with age, it is obvious that what once worked well will no longer be effective at lower dosage. It is a shame that so many women will have to suffer this painful condition because of a shiort term study of a very small sample of women."

lizziep August 31, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This med was a complete cure....I went through menopause - experienced extreme dryness and horrific pain during relations....constant urinary infections as well. I use the 10mcg and it was perfect....get it a lot cheaper through israelpharm.....different amounts in packaging - but still a heck of a lot cheaper than Walmart....yay!!!"

mama28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "After years of suffering with recurrent cystitis, terrible pain in my urethra, bloating, chronic fatigue, I've recently been put on vagifem and the difference has been incredible. Had previously tried antibiotics, over the counter remedies, various herbal treatments - NOTHING worked. I started Vagifem during a bad attack of cystitis and within hours the pain had all but gone. I've also noticed I have more energy, and a little more zest for life! Its early days and I have slight nausea, but so far so good. I'm delighted that something has worked at last."

AmandaH24 August 19, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I started using Estrace because of frequent urination with burning, and dryness. I started menopause 4 yrs ago. When I use Estrace after 2 days I have to stop due to bleeding, and cramping that lasts for a week. I'm not a fan!"

Cherriecee (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I had been using vagifem for about 8 years and now have uterine cancer. I am having a hysterectomy next week as a result. When my cancer surgeon found out I was using vagifem tabs he immediately had me stop it."

S Jean (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2016

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have been suffering and nothing else has worked. So I tried this and initially no pain but then it became so painful I had to remove it immediately. I will NOT be using this again. It caused me to have to urinate a LOT and a lot of pressure. Don't waste your money or time."

BeeCareful June 16, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My doctor prescribed 10 mcg vagifem,then another doctor after hearing my complaints of leg cramp and other vague problems told me to stop using it. But there is nothing out there which works for me,Premarin cream is not for me,combipatch I gave up long ago,so 10 mcg vagifem seems to be my only option. all the other non hormone lubrications do not work. So if you are taking it,watch closely for side effects,10mcg is the lowest dosage,25 mcg is not allowed by FDA in USA."

michelle10167 June 13, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "It has improved my sex life and also eliminated UTI. I use once or twice a week. I also use vaseline daily after each shower."

BKGG (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 6, 2016

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Horrible. I would not recommend this to my enemy. I went through menopause 7 years before using this and all the while I stayed at a steady weight, no problems with weight gain. I used Estring for 3 months and gained 10 pounds. I think it did something to my hormones. Gaining weight wasn't the reason I stopped using it. I could not bear the extreme breast pain and and persistent abdominal cramps. I will never use anything like this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have been using Estrace cream for 11 years and it's been working. I use about 1/3 applicator every 5 or 6 days. Suddenly, it stopped working. I don't have a bladder infection, I already went through yeast infection treatment both Diflucan and vaginal creams, and my vagina still burns. The Estrace cream relieves it, but only for about 6 or 10 hours. I am 70 and not sexually active. I know years ago the urologist said everything look kind of shriveled up and dry down there. Could the hormone cream just not work anymore? Now what do I do?"

DeDe126 April 23, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Very sexually active until severe abrupt menopausal symptoms at 55. AV symptoms the most bothersome as overnight I shrunk up, dried up, itched, burned and tore. Intercourse was out of the question. Dr. gave me a sample of Estrace Vaginal cream. I admit I was afraid to use it and had little faith that it would help so I used only a pearl size amount on clean dry skin every night for 2 weeks. That ammt. Is sufficient to cover all the external parts and more, it emulsifies. I am COMPLETELY healed as far as pain with intercourse and also pain upon urination. It was a MIRACLE for me. Side note: If you stop using it (3X a week after the initial 2wk nightly use) you'll be back at square 1. I give Estrace a 10+ rating C: A tube lasted 6 months"

Sexpert March 30, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Someone replied to my first response that I need to wait 6 months. Well its been way over 2 years now, and I am still tearing and having that stinging feeling. I use 100% organic coconut oil for a lube, as my OBGYN said to try that too. I have no side effects from the coconut oil. I used both and then after "enduring" sex, I was left with a couple of tears that were bleeding and stinging. I am going to call her back and tell her I need extra strength. Even after the 1 mg amount, bathing the walls of my vagina, its still not enough. I am only 55, and did not think, this was going to be the end of me. My husband is 13 years older than me, and I am the one that has to turn him away because I am not healed enough to try again"

I need extra strength! (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2016