User Reviews for Estradiol topical

Atrophic Vaginitis
5.2

Summary of Estradiol reviews 5.4 216 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol

Imvexxy (estradiol) for Dyspareunia: "I am so thrilled with Imvexxy!I am on 4 mg with only one-side effect, breast tenderness. Nothing else has worked for me. Now my husband and I can enjoy sex again."

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2019

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My primary care physician and ob/gyn doctor recommended the Estring after my periods ended. I used it for 6.5 years and it worked great - minimal pain during sex with my husband. I couldn't feel it once I inserted it. It's a little tricky to remove at first-reaching in far enough with a finger and hooking it. In the last six months I've had two episodes where vaginal discharge turned from clearish white to light yellow and had a unclean odor. The first time I removed it for a week, the problem cleared up and I inserted a new one. This second time seems worse-both times the ring was only one month in place so it's expensive to have to put a new one in. I' going to the doctor and see what he says. Good luck - I think its a great product - I didn't have any other side effects for six years. I'll use it again once the doctor confirms its still okay for my use."

Denise Northern California (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 21, 2019

Imvexxy (estradiol) for Dyspareunia: "I had been taking Imvexxy for almost 5 months. I had seen no positive changes. I started having heart palpitations after 3 months of usage. Then I began to notice pain from my fibroid tumors returning. I have discontinued taking this product. I’d rather have painful intercourse then live with fibroid tumors and heart palpitations. I’m wondering how many other women have had these same problems and never reported them."

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "1 night using application after a week of hesitation and reservations. Applicator was great to use and I woke up in an unusual amount of sweat. Can't wait to see what tonight results will be. The side effects are scary."

tootired (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2019

Imvexxy (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I had great results after a few days of taking it but it has been 10 days now and I feel a “ itchy feel good sensation in my vagina “ I am worried I am getting a yeast now. Has anyone else experienced this. I am assuming it’s not just hormones making me feel fluttery in there. "

Gee Gee January 18, 2019

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This tablet is in a terrible packaging. I've already cut my finger on it. And the inserts are very difficult to use, unlike Vagifem. However, I just found out Vagifem is no longer manufactured, and my insurance company is sending me a product made somewhere else. I am VERY scared to use this because other countries drugs manufacturers have very little any regulation and quality control. I don't know what to do at this point, but someone in the FDA (a female!) needs to look into the packaging of the Yuvafem."

jan (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 10, 2019

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I used Vagifem for 4 years beginning when I was 68 years old. It was highly effective. I no longer had vaginal dryness. Sexual intercourse was pain and irritation free. About 4 months ago my insurance company stopped covering this drug. I was switched to Yuvafem. I agree with others that the packaging is much inferior to Vagifem’s. I have the same problem opening etc. But I could adjust to the inconvenience. However, I am going back on Vagifem because of how ineffective Yuvafem is. My labia and vagina are very dry again. Sexual intercourse is very painful. It is just like before I went on Vagifem. I feel Yuvafem is a waste of my money and has caused me pain and discomfort while promising to provide the same results as Vagifem. I plan to ask my physician to be my advocate with my insurance company about covering Vagifem again."

Avra (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

Imvexxy (estradiol) for Dyspareunia: "Had abdominal swelling and a headache right away, couldn’t tolerate it; went back to vitamin e suppositories."

Jo December 28, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was on vagifem for 10 years without any problems except Medicare kept raising the co pay..but I was very willing to pay my share of well over $200 For three month's supply. Then Medicare stopped covering it and changed to yuvafem. Last Friday I used my first pill insert and felt some burning in vagina and urethra. It finally subsided after 12 hrs. The following Tuesday I inserted my next dosage and 3 hrs later woke up with intense burning. I had to get an ice pk to help ease the terrible burning. I will be calling the manufacturer, my GYN and my insurance. I will ask my GYN to prescribe me the vagifem and pay for it out of pocket. I can NOT endure another night in this intense burning!"

Jan (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "So upset. I have been using vagifem for years to help with vulvodynia and had no issues. Naturally my insurance Medicare changed to yuvafem and I really did not think much about it. That is until I cut my insides with the sharp edges of the application which led to a whole bunch of problems. As it turns out the yuvafem was not working which left me bone dry and susceptibleto infections. Vagifem here I come"

Peanut12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have dryness and painful sex. I was so excited to try this but after three days I had to take it out. It was not uncomfortable, in fact I couldn’t feel it but the abdominal cramping was unbearable and then the back pain and now on the third day of it out I have terrible bloating. It is not worth it and frankly the pain kept me up at night. I didn’t know it was related to the ring until I took it out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I had been taking Premarin for many years which helped with monthly migraines due to hormone fluctuations. I kept taking it after a partial hysterectomy but noticed the migraines were back. Finally listened to my Dr. and went off but the speed and intensity of menopausal symptoms hit me like a brick wall. Main problem was extremely painful intercourse. Tried water based lubrication and found it useless. Tried creams but so messy! Did some research and decided to ask GYN about Estring. Didn't realize how expensive it was but after reading comments about other options, maybe it isn't out of the ordinary for treatment of this problem. Been on Estring for 2 years now which has helped but I still have a fair amount of pain on penetration even with extra lubrication. I remove the ring for sex and agree that it is stiff & a bit tricky to get in properly but really not all that difficult."

gumbo limbo (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 9, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I am a post-menopausal physician who began using Vagifem in 2011 after a total hysterectomy. I had absolutely no problems with Vagifem. It helped with my urogenital symptoms, such as dryness and urinary frequency. When Yuvafem came out, I was also changed to it via my mail-in pharmacy. I started experiencing a significant increase in vaginal irritation, vulvar dryness, and urinary frequency. I had been having vaginal discharge the day after I inserted the tablet with increased irritation and itching. I never had any significant discharge or irritation when using Vagifem. My symptoms got so bad that at the end of September I went back on brand-name Vagifem. My symptoms have been gradually improving. Given my experience, and the fact that so many others on this site and elsewhere have had a similar issues, I contacted the FDA. I also complained to them in regards to the poor packaging. I feel Yuvafem needs further investigation."

Westwind LIsa November 7, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I took Vagifem for 5 years for prevention of UTI. It worked very well. My insurance switched to Yuvafem and wouldn't cover Vagifem anymore. So I have been using Yuvafem for the past 2 months. I agree with the reviews: poor packaging (needing scissors to separate the applicators), the tablets coming out of the applicators within the packaging. I don't know about the effectiveness for sure but 2 weeks ago I had my first UTI in 5 years."

Bovary (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "Changed my life , was out of my mind with pain and cystitis constantly , never thought for one minute would get any improvement , but vagifem has helped immensely, but if I stop using them I go back to square one , so my gynaecologist said I need them for life , so pray they never stop producing them ."

Bub (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Vagifem worked fine for years. Then insurance started sending Teva which was horrible. Applicator didn't work right and it was not effective, leaving me sore. Then insurance sent Uvafem. Applicators were better, but the medicine was not helping. In fact, everything was worse. I was sore all the time. Just recently my doctor prescribed brand only (Vagifem), but the insurance wouldn't release it until I used up the other. I argued with them and my doctor wouldn't get involved saying they had no ability to overrule the insurance company. Why does the insurance control our health?? Shouldn't the doctor's change in prescription be enough? Finally, a kindly pharmacist intervened and got me a prescription for Vagifem. I was so desperate I was willing to pay full price, but he was able to get it on my insurance. So glad to hear I am not alone, but wondering how we can get this changed. Insurance companies should not rule our health."

Carol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The application causes cuts inside the vagina due to improper design. The inserted part is not smooth.This product should be taken off the market. "

Robbie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "After using this medication for only 2 weeks I called my doctor because of extremely severe vaginal burning. Even after modifying the treatment days symptoms continued. I discontinued this TERRIBLE medicine and all the discomfort, burning pain disappeared. So for the reason I will not use this drug."

Bml (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I don't understand all the negative comments. I have finished the two-week buildup phase and now starting on the twice-a week phase. No problem with the packaging. No problems with the pills falling out of the plunger. Pills do not "come out" the next day partially dissolved. No adverse effects from the medication. No problems at all. Even though my doctor said it would take about three months to reach maximum benefit, I already see an improvement. Great medication as far as I'm concerned."

PamJ60 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've tried this medication for over a year and it just doesn't work. It's maybe helped increase vaginal moisture just a tiny bit, but it sure hasn't help w/ pain during intercourse. I've found it to be a waste of money."

too young for this (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I can deal with the crappy packaging---what I cannot accept is the fact that this generic (yuvafem) DOES NOT compare to Vagifem in effectiveness. I am going to complain directly to the FDA. But, in the meantime I will use Estrace cream. I hope they will withdraw this awful generic from the market."

deb64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Started two weeks ago for leak control. Have been on Vivelle dot for 10 years, no weight gain. On estring, plus patch and gained 5 pounds. Went off patch one week ago ... still very bloated.... but hot flashes. Back on smaller doses patch with estring but now went off after two weeks due to weight gain. Note*. My weight has always been perfect I was always quite slender, so a 5 pound fluctuation is significant in my case. No change to diet or exercise. I will Report again in two weeks of Being off Estring."

Princess and the pea (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've been taking Vagifem 10 micrograms for 12 months now due to very painful sex. It started working after 10 weeks and I'm now pain free and enjoying sex again I do worry about side effects but so far so good"

Bossy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was using estrace with great results this last year until my insurance company would not cover it. I have been using estradiol for at least 3 months, intercourse is painful, the labia minor and majora are no longer plump, and feel irritated. Which makes me so frustrated. My partner went years without intercourse until Estrace, now I fear we are going to lose this intimacy!"

Yp (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I couldn't use it. The thing is HUGE and wouldn't "fit." It was very uncomfortable. I even had my health professional attempt to position it and she couldn't either."

MtnKaren (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018