User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem, Yuvafem

Learn more about Estradiol.

Atrophic Vaginitis 95 reviews 50 medications

6.6
Atrophic Urethritis 14 reviews 45 medications

5.2
Summary of Estradiol reviews 109 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Estradiol

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My doctor put me on Vagifem in December and within weeks I felt great. In April I got my refill and it was switched to Yuvafem, by mid May all my symptoms were coming back and I was miserable, constantly felt like I had a UTI and the dryness and burning were awful. My doctor switched me back to brand name and I am slowly improving again. Yuvafem did not work for me at all. I agree with the others that the packaging was terrible as well, I had to use scissors to open each one and then the tablets would fall out because they were not in the applicators."

Catdot June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This product works great for me. I can't figure out why so many women can't get the applicator out of the foil packaging????? Really??? Cuts? Losing the little tablet?? I have no problem whatsoever."

Mrs JJJ June 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Terrible packaging and not effective. Cut my finger...Maybe the company should be investigating the results and packaging if their product before they end up with a class action law suit."

Miserable Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've had this prescribed by my doctor who knows I have had to use primolut to control mennoraghea associated with perimenopause at 47 yrs. Dr knows my Gynie monitors endometrium thickening as a result of using primolut as it can cause endometrium cancer. A recent ultrasound revealed normal thickening of uterus for my age 57. Some uterine fibroid cysts though I am post menopause. Ovaries are normal. My constant bladder infections and incontinence were attributed to atrophy of the vagina. And I was told initially in my 40's to use a cream on the urethra, I never did. But the infections affected my kidneys and I started to lose my hair and damaged occurred in hair structure. So I'm tempted to use the Vagifem even if it is risky."

Piccadilly (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have used Vagifem for years succesfully. Tried Yuvafem... excited about the price drop. After 2 months of use I am in agony. Dr. confirmed no UTI but without hormones it mimics one exactly. Called Dr. and said brand name only for me from now on. Noticed on the box that the first ingredient was corn starch. No wonder it didn't dissolve or work for me. Hope you have better luck."

123Diddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Awful product!!!!! I was excited that a generic was offered. The price was unbelievable compared to Vagifem but I am going back to the brand name. Price does not compare to comfort. I do not recommend this product."

Anagrey (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Just recently switched from vagifem to Yuvafem and find the new generic Yuvafem ineffective and more difficult to use. The packaging alone is unacceptable. Individual applicators cannot be separated; perforations are useless, but the foil wrapping is sharp after opening and I received a one inch cut on one of my fingers!! The medication itself is different and does not seem to work. It cause more discharge and other unpleasant changes. No wonder it is cheaper. I am asking my doctor for name brand only (Vagifem) prescription."

Bernie 2 April 15, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have used Estrace samples for 6 months or so..... I ran out and went to buy another tube... 375.00!! And my insurance didn't cover any of it. (Costco was 325.00) I called my doctor and they gave me a coupon, but my insurance didn't work with it. So over priced... and my insurance just went up a 100 dollars a month... I just can't buy a medicine that is so over priced. I thought it would be 50 dollars or so... there must be something else we can use? Also, the information I read said: estrogens may increase the chances of getting cancer of the uterus. Why would we want to take this? I've got to do more homework and find something better!!"

Jill Konvitz April 8, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Been using the estring for a few years and I don't like it at all. Putting it in is difficult and taking it out is worse. I used a plastic crochet hook to remove it. I noticed a foul smell from my vagina when I peed and when slept in the was nude. Finally pulled out the estring with the crochet hook for the last time. The odor was gone. I will probably use Premarin."

Judy Jersey April 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have been using it for almost 10 years - was definitely not this expensive when I started. My first cost was only $75, then it went to $100 and my doctor gave me one of the manufacturers coupons. I did only pay $15 for each ring until last year when I needed a new prescription. The new coupon has a max. discount amount of $100 and the product is almost $400. I am thinking of stopping - it seems the more popular it got the more expensive it got. I don't like the weight gain but enjoying sex with my husband is a way better trade off. I may just to back to the hassle of the cream."

AAW01 March 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was a regular user of Vagifem and was very pleased with the results. It made sex comfortable again. I saw there was a generic available and tried it to try to save some money. This product is terrible. Everything about it is ten notches below Vagifem. You can't separate the foil packages. The applicator is sharp on the end. One of my doses was empty... and I pay $15 each. The pill does not dissolve inside you. When showering the next day I find the tablet just sitting up there undissolved. My vaginal dryness is back to where it was before beginning Vagifem. I am a 62 yr old woman with active sex life, my insurance will no longer pay for brand. I wish they would have more time before releasing. I hate everything about it."

LDn March 7, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I am 67 years old, postmenopausal for 9 years, with typical vaginal dryness but no other issues. No problems with either Vagifem tablets or Estrace cream in the past. I had more vaginal discharge with Yuvafem. After 2 months on Yuvafem I developed vaginal spotting, fever, and a kidney infection! Was treated with oral antibiotics, and within a couple of days the vaginal spotting stopped as well. My GYN has since found a benign cervical polyp and attributed the spotting to that, but I'm not convinced. I have never suffered from UTIs so this was too much of a coincidence. I believe the excessive discharge from Yuvafem led to bacterial overgrowth, spotting, and subsequent urinary tract/kidney infection. I'm back to Estrace cream."

Not a fan of Yuvafem (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Wonder drug for me only downside is stuffy nose it's like having a constant cold. As in U.K. Prescriptions are free for over 60"

Auberge March 3, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Product worked for me but the packaging is terrible, I had similar experience to the other reviewers. The individual doses will tear apart like the perforation indicates. Then the pill on the end of the applicator falls out wherever - in the package, on the floor, in the sink, etc. My insurance will not cover so the cost is $30-40 a pill. This is like gold so I can't just throw the contaminated pill away. How yucky to have to insert a pill into my body that can't be sterile anymore. I don't care if the cost if higher, I am back to Vagifem."

Anonymous February 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Like just about all the other reviews here, I find the packaging terrible. The perforations between applicators mean nothing; you cannot break them apart. I have to use scissors to cut apart the joined applicators. I've used Vagifem for years and it breaks apart into individual applications easily. I just called my doctor to change the prescription to brand name only!"

Ruth L February 23, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Several pills have been wasted because they fell out of the applicator and onto the floor. Maybe that's what they want so you will have to go through the product faster..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The patches stopped working so this was last on the list to try. Dr. gave me a sample to try. Not very effective and Way Way overpriced. Will be trying compounded version. Wake up drug companies there are a lot of us baby boomers suffering from menopause who will not go quietly into the night. Especially when we're expected to keep working until 66."

Mialo February 14, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The packaging is HORRIBLE! Take a page from Vagifem and work on the delivery!"

1965bulldog12 February 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've been using Estring for 10 years without any side effects whatsoever. Just recently have gained 10 lbs and can't figure out why. Also cannot get it off. Perhaps it's time to stop the treatment and see what happens. My question if anyone can share, once stopped, does the sweating and other symptoms return? I've just turned 60 and feel great. Don't want to have the unwanted effects. But totally open to stopping the Estring if it's dangerous to continue after all these years. My most recent dr said it's ok to stay on it even though mother and sister have had breast cancer."

Jleo January 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "It seems to work the same as Vagifem, but costs me nothing! Wahoo!!!! I agree with the other reviews about the packaging, but its just a mild inconvenience, I would rather just use my nail to slide the foil back off and save myself the $100. plus a month it used to cost for the vagifem!"

dallas girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I'm only giving Estrace Cream a 3 rating on the scale due to there being issues with the product. I have been using this product for a couple of years. It did help until the last few months, I went from using it 2-3 times a week to needing it every other day. My frustration comes from the amount that actually is in the tube. It says there is 42.5 grams in the tube, I alway keep track of the amount in the tube and end up with about 24 grams out of the tube in the end. Has anyone else kept track of this? Also, I can't afford it when I went yesterday to pick up a new tube and they wanted $290 for 1 tube?!! Why would it be this expensive? That was even after my insurance paid a portion."

Bewildered2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My pharmacy filled my usual Vagifem prescription with the new generic form. It is like using a placebo. I am asking my doctor to prescribe brand only from now on, and will gladly pay the $275/month out of pocket until my insurance will cover it again. Terrible product!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have suffered from vaginal/vulva pain since menopause started about 5 years ago. I've been treated by various doctors for vulvodynia/interstitial cystitis but my current doctor suggested the Estring because I have obvious atrophy symptoms that could account for a lot of my symptoms. Sadly this product just made my vaginal/bladder issues worse - pressure, irritation and discharge. I waited 3 weeks but finally removed it myself. Hoping I'll start feeling better soon. I wasted $279 to feel even worse. They should consider a redesign with a softer and more comfortable ring and bioidentical estrogen to reduce health risks. I've seen a lot of negative reactions online to this."

Ophelia_40 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Very glad to see that there's a generic for Vagifem, which I had wonderful results with. However, the blister packaging on Yuvafem is ridiculously bad. It's impossible to separate the single-use applicators using the perforations without tearing the foil wrapping on multiple applicators. Being able to separate is very handy for travel, etc. Please fix the packaging and make it functional!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The packaging is horrible!!!! The company obviously did not think through the way it is packaged-impossible to break apart and the pills come out of inserter and end up on floor....or worse in the toilet! It is frustrating enough to make me consider switching to another option. Generic is great but not at the expense of making them extremely difficult to use. And it still is quite expensive!!!"

Schonebeeem (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017