User Reviews for Estradiol

Atrophic Vaginitis
5.2

Summary of Estradiol reviews 5.4 200 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "After using this medication for only 2 weeks I called my doctor because of extremely severe vaginal burning. Even after modifying the treatment days symptoms continued. I discontinued this TERRIBLE medicine and all the discomfort, burning pain disappeared. So for the reason I will not use this drug."

Bml (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I don't understand all the negative comments. I have finished the two-week buildup phase and now starting on the twice-a week phase. No problem with the packaging. No problems with the pills falling out of the plunger. Pills do not "come out" the next day partially dissolved. No adverse effects from the medication. No problems at all. Even though my doctor said it would take about three months to reach maximum benefit, I already see an improvement. Great medication as far as I'm concerned."

PamJ60 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've tried this medication for over a year and it just doesn't work. It's maybe helped increase vaginal moisture just a tiny bit, but it sure hasn't help w/ pain during intercourse. I've found it to be a waste of money."

too young for this (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I can deal with the crappy packaging---what I cannot accept is the fact that this generic (yuvafem) DOES NOT compare to Vagifem in effectiveness. I am going to complain directly to the FDA. But, in the meantime I will use Estrace cream. I hope they will withdraw this awful generic from the market."

deb64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Started two weeks ago for leak control. Have been on Vivelle dot for 10 years, no weight gain. On estring, plus patch and gained 5 pounds. Went off patch one week ago ... still very bloated.... but hot flashes. Back on smaller doses patch with estring but now went off after two weeks due to weight gain. Note*. My weight has always been perfect I was always quite slender, so a 5 pound fluctuation is significant in my case. No change to diet or exercise. I will Report again in two weeks of Being off Estring."

Princess and the pea (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've been taking Vagifem 10 micrograms for 12 months now due to very painful sex. It started working after 10 weeks and I'm now pain free and enjoying sex again I do worry about side effects but so far so good"

Bossy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was using estrace with great results this last year until my insurance company would not cover it. I have been using estradiol for at least 3 months, intercourse is painful, the labia minor and majora are no longer plump, and feel irritated. Which makes me so frustrated. My partner went years without intercourse until Estrace, now I fear we are going to lose this intimacy!"

Yp (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I couldn't use it. The thing is HUGE and wouldn't "fit." It was very uncomfortable. I even had my health professional attempt to position it and she couldn't either."

MtnKaren (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I find that the yuvafem tablets do not stay in place. Even after being in overnight, the partially dissolved tablet comes out in the toilet. No wonder I am not getting the benefits of the hormone. I have also had the same problems as others with packaging - doses are hard to separate and tablets fall out of dispenser easily. Very poor product. Vagifem was effective for me with none of the above problems."

Bwild (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I’m getting ready to go back to using the Estring after a 7 year hiatus for personal reasons. It worked great first time around. The cost now is ridiculous. And, it’s criminal that insurance doesn’t cover it. However, I’m getting mine from outside this country for $100 which isn’t bad."

G August 23, 2018

Imvexxy (estradiol) for Dyspareunia: "Really not impressed so far..."

Denise (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Imvexxy (estradiol) for Dyspareunia: "Actually very very impressed with the results. My intercourse went from painful to very pleasurable within days after using imvexxy."

michblu (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I am 57 yrs old and 3 weeks on low dose vagifem 10 mcg - gained 5 kg and experienced a hypertensive crisis 200/100 blood pressure at its worst. My BP was completely normal beforehand. Spoke to GP who took me off straight away - really rare side effect but can be found in the small print. 4 days later BP returned to normal, now 120/80. Watch your BP girls. On the up side, had sex with minimal pain which was fantastic but guess what, can't take the drug. Talk about depressive!"

Q (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This cream has been a miracle. I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and have been off estrogens for at least 15 years. About five years ago started having all kinds of vaginal discomfort. I think I was also battling a bacterial infection. Tried everything for that too. Finally settled on using boric acid capsules once a week for quite some time and the estrace three times a week. I used about 1gram. After several months finally I was able to stop the boric acid. I also was able to cut my estrace back to once a week 1gram. Before using this I was so sensitive that I would be burning and itching just from wiping with toilet paper. The tissue was so thin it looked shrivelled up down there. I noticed I had what appeared to be blood blisters on my labia which have gone away. The skin has plumped up too and is so much healthier. I would give this a ten except the cost is ridiculous."

menopausal lady August 10, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "After being on Vagifem for over 15 years, the generic Yuvafem was prescribed - mostly to save money. I agree with the complaints about the packaging. I have to use a scissors to separate the meds, and it is easy to cut open the side and expose the meds to air. So disappointing!"

BJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The first time I used it, within days the vag dryness was gone. But I gained 6lbs , got belly bloat ,& developed an odor. It was extremely difficult to remove!!! The 2nd time using it I had some pressure and odor (no infection) and then after a total of 6 mths I finally realized that my hot flashes came back due to the ring, I had them ever since I began using this... I am done! Coconut oil for me !"

Elezli (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Insufficient insertion instructions. Inside of applicator came away from the outside once. It says the tablets won't fall out when you stand up, but first three times, my cervix must have pushed it straight out. Tried using them at bed-time, only to find them on sheet in morning. Tried again at bed-time, only to find tablet stuck, half melted, to tip of my cervix next day. Slight stinging sensation at first; when that stops, it's probably because tablet has fallen out. No instructions for pessary-wearers, presumably we remove the pessary before administering; the only method I haven't tried yet is putting tablet in, followed immediately by inserting pessary, but that would defeat the object, I imagine, leaving me dry and sore beneath. I don't care for throw-away applicators; it seems a waste of plastic not to wash and re-use them. Doctor said to stay on these for life, but I can't see the point if they won't stay in. Liquid or ointment would be better."

Eliza July 15, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've absolutely stop looking and spending money on lubes, vitamins, etc I'm 46 and all my lab work comes back normal but my yoni says different. I'm way too active to let vaginal dryness stop my life. I decided to get the Estring after a couple of years of battling with dryness and it was the BEST decision of my life. After 2 weeks my yoni has no more dryness. No lube needed to start! We just go whenever we feel like it. Best decision I've ever made. Go for it if you're tired of googling and dryness."

Camii (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

Imvexxy (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have been taking this suppository for the last 15 years in Europe and it prevented dryness and shrinking. I am mid 70 and my moisture has not changed."

Wenglowski (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2018

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was on this for vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. I inserted it on Wednesday but had to remove it by Sunday because it was causing back pain and cramping. I also had a “full” feeling in my vagina and I could feel the ring in there. I was hopeful for this and I like the convenience. But it’s too rigid and hard and uncomfortable. I’ve tried the vag creams and they are so messy. So not sure what to do now. The side effects are just not worth it."

Sb July 8, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis: "Dr prescribed Premarin (conjugated estrogens) Cream. Insurance denied, ended up with Estradiol. One pea sized external application and I had heavy headed feeling and dizzy and intense vulva burning!!! Tried to wash off and felt like broken glass there!! Leg pain!! Dr says very unusual reaction. Feeling defeated!! Why????"

Mimi68 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This medication is terrible. Applicators are worthless and do not dispense the tablets. I was on vagifem and had no problems whatsoever... Insurance company stated I had to go to yuvafem. Constant achy feeling, constant feeling of needing to urinate. It's so frustrating. For me to go back to vagifem my copay is $180 which I cannot afford. My physician even wrote the insurance company a letter stating that it was medically necessary for me to use the vagifem due to the side effects of the yuvafem but that I needed it at the generic cost. Of course insurance company says no way. "

Ginger (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have been using Yuvafem for one month. As soon as I used the product, that night, I woke up with hot flashes. I am 74 years old. I don' t think hot flashes is a good reaction to this product. Going to try to get original vagifem back."

Gloria (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "For those who commented about burning from using Estrace...I also had burning from it. My research led me to believe that the propylene glycol and/or glycerin in the product were the culprits. I switched to a hypoallergenic form of estradiol from a good compounding pharmacy and that solved the problem. No burning and the estradiol was so helpful."

Anon (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Used Vagifem for many years=excellent product. Insurance then switched to Yuvafem=obvious cheaper packaging & lesser quality applicator, but still effective medication for me. Then insurance switched me to Teva=nightmare of product to use due to defective applicator. Now insurance has switched back to Yuvafem, but now pharmacy has been telling me for 3 months that company says out if stock. !!!"

Mandilyn June 9, 2018