User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem, Yuvafem

Learn more about Estradiol.

Atrophic Vaginitis 113 reviews 51 medications

6.1
Atrophic Urethritis 15 reviews 46 medications

4.8
Summary of Estradiol reviews 128 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Estradiol

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Applicators are uncomfortable. Not as effective as Vagifem for some reason even though dosage is supposedly identical."

BrklynGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have tried to use it several times in the last few week. After each application I have Burning. I am going to quit!!"

Trish1010 October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This product is far inferior to Vagifem. I am so sad insurance companies are forcing us to use this due to expense. Packaging is terrible and I don't get anywhere near the comfort and relief as from Vagifem. I'm not sure how they differ but it should be removed from market or fixed. I've used Vagifem for 8 years due to dryness and feeling like a UTI. I've now had 5 UTIs in a row and feel Yuvafem is part of the problem."

Jefs (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "What is with the disposable applicators? I'm a grown woman and can handle pushing a pill inside my own vagina. What I can't handle is throwing so much plastic straight into a landfill. Vaginas don't have to be uber-sterile. I can't justify so much waste, so even if this stuff works well, I'll have to try something else. I guess the cream has a reusable applicator?"

ChickyLawndart October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "Yesterday was the first time I used Estrace Vaginal Cream. I have experienced burning and throbbing. I will not use it again My co-pay was $146.73. Wish there would of been samples. I could of saved the money."

Hysto September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I had good results with this in using it for 1 month as directed. I found it easy to use. I didn't experience any negatives like others mentioned. The only problem was the cost. $95.00 a month and that's with insurance. I asked my doctor if there is anything cheaper and she told me to used Crisco 2x a week and Yuvafem once a week. I have and it works! I have not experienced pain during intercourse and I cut the cost of using Yuvafem in half. It sounds weird, but I thought it was worth sharing."

Becky w September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "As others have stated the packaging is awful. Pills don't stay on the applicator, or fall out after being inserted. Had to switch from Vagifem to Yuvafem in Jan because of insurance cost. Going to be 65 in Nov so I want to make sure I'll be able to afford Vagifem. On the generic, I've had a strange discharge I never had before, vaginal tearing during intercourse and more urgency. Thank you to all who have shared their experiences. I don't feel alone in this. Our doctors need to know there is a huge difference between the generic and original brand (Vagifem)."

Rosie NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I had a hysterectomy @ 22 so my Dr. prescribed this over a year ago. I'm not as dry but still pain from the thinning of the walls. Hopefully after a longer time this will get better."

mirehc (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have been post menopausal x 10 years due to my ovaries being removed. When I first put the ring in it was very painful. (why is it so large and relatively inflexible?!) I went to sleep and by morning it was much better. It must have moved up to a place that had more room nearer the top of my vaginal cavity. I couldn't feel it anymore. I can't say I really noticed much of a difference though after 3 months. The worst part was that I couldn't get it out. It was up so far that I could feel the top of it with my longest finger but I couldn't hook it. I had to go to the doctor to have it removed and that was very uncomfortable. It was not good for me at all. Maybe better for women who are just entering menopause."

janlan02 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for : "I was switched from vagifem to yuvafem when this generic came out. The tablet does not dissolve inside and I have experienced problems, including dryness and discomfort and recently, a urinary tract infection that I think may be related to the yuvafem. I am going back to vagifem. The yuvafem is NOT the same and should be taken off the market!"

westchestergal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Awful product. Was on Vagifem for 25 years, great product. Got switched to Yuvifem when it came out. Within a week I had horrible dryness and itching, vaginal tissue tearing and pain. It's like it's a placebo. Like others, I've asked my doctor to make my prescription brand only for Vagifem at much higher cost since it works. They need to rework Yuvifem so it actually is a working generic version. I emailed the manufacturer... everyone should."

J.m.c (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Very effective related to dryness but stopped when urethra opening turned black."

KatyAA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "At first the burning was intense ( from using the pills) it later decreased. After day 7 , I had the worst case of bacterial vaginosis. I have stopped using the 10 mcg inserts."

C J (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This medicine is a waste of money. I pay $136.00 for 8 of these pills. I follow the directions, using them at bedtime. This is perfect since I don't generally get up during the night to use the bathroom. However, when I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is use the bathroom. Why is that ding dong pill in the toilet? I have tried pushing it further back into the vaginal and its still the same results. I am skeptical of meds that lie in place for hours on. It has not improved my condition at all but empty my purse. Not refilling the prescription. This morning I found after not seeing the pill when I first went to the bathroom, I thought well it is finally working. WRONG! 9:00 bathroom break, what do I see? That stupid pill."

Jennufer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Painful sex for year and a half. Was at my wits end, finally went to the doctor and described severe pain and dryness not relieved. She prescribed this cream. Miracle drug! No more pain, dryness improving. My husband and I are thrilled! Go on their website for a coupon. Almost 300 bucks but I only had to pay $25.00"

Tfruity (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "No problems with Vagifem. After using Yuvafem for a couple of weeks I started getting a discharge and feeling like I had an infection with burning and itching. It feels as if I am allergic to something in the drug. Going back to Vagifem."

BlankyM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I started using estring ring a little over a month and a half ago. I was unsure if I really wanted to walk around for 90 days with this object in my vagina. I thought I would be able to feel it. I was so totally wrong! Finally after having it in my possession for a month I finally inserted it and waited for results. Menopause had caused my vagina walls to become thinner and dryer. Sex with my husband was frustrating! I still wanted to be intimate but my vagina was not cooperating! So here we are at the almost 2 month mark, and I am totally satisfied with my ring! My walls seem to have more elasticity, lubrication, and it feels like it belongs to me again!! I do not feel it at all, and my husband says it does not bother him."

Cut63 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Was using vagifem for several years and felt felt great no side effects. Was sent the generic yuvafem. Agree about loose tablets and wasting the med as they would fall out of the dispenser. But when I started having side effects such as weight gain,10 pounds, feet swelling and cramping I switched back to vagifem. Now have to visit gyno to make sure everything is ok."

Mary belle July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I had been using Vagifem for over 10 years. It definitely helped my vag atrophy symptoms as well as improved minor urine leakage issues. Six weeks ago I was switched to Yuvafem. My first observation was with the packaging - the perforations between the individual units were nearly impossible to separate and when I did, the foil cover of the adjacent units would break open. I use a scissors now to cut them apart. Secondly, after about 4 weeks, I've noticed that vaginal irritation and urine leakage symptoms are returning. I'll use up my present 90-day supply and see how things go, but if symptoms worsen any more, I will ask my doc for a DAW (Dispense As Written) Vagifem prescription. I'll be willing to pay the significantly larger co-pay."

MNGal (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was switched from Vagifem to Yuvafem by OptumRx and my vaginal atrophy worsened. I had heavy discharge and everything felt really uncomfortable down there, like I was having some sort of allergic reaction. I stopped using it and my symptoms got a little better. So I talked to my doctor and asked her to specify no generic substitution on my prescription. The copay for Vagifem is higher, but it is really worth it to me. Vaginal atrophy is terrible and Vagifem is the one medication that has really helped me."

SweetPeaMarie June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My doctor put me on Vagifem in December and within weeks I felt great. In April I got my refill and it was switched to Yuvafem, by mid May all my symptoms were coming back and I was miserable, constantly felt like I had a UTI and the dryness and burning were awful. My doctor switched me back to brand name and I am slowly improving again. Yuvafem did not work for me at all. I agree with the others that the packaging was terrible as well, I had to use scissors to open each one and then the tablets would fall out because they were not in the applicators."

Catdot June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This product works great for me. I can't figure out why so many women can't get the applicator out of the foil packaging????? Really??? Cuts? Losing the little tablet?? I have no problem whatsoever."

Mrs JJJ June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Terrible packaging and not effective. Cut my finger...Maybe the company should be investigating the results and packaging if their product before they end up with a class action law suit."

Miserable Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've had this prescribed by my doctor who knows I have had to use primolut to control mennoraghea associated with perimenopause at 47 yrs. Dr knows my Gynie monitors endometrium thickening as a result of using primolut as it can cause endometrium cancer. A recent ultrasound revealed normal thickening of uterus for my age 57. Some uterine fibroid cysts though I am post menopause. Ovaries are normal. My constant bladder infections and incontinence were attributed to atrophy of the vagina. And I was told initially in my 40's to use a cream on the urethra, I never did. But the infections affected my kidneys and I started to lose my hair and damaged occurred in hair structure. So I'm tempted to use the Vagifem even if it is risky."

Piccadilly (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have used Vagifem for years succesfully. Tried Yuvafem... excited about the price drop. After 2 months of use I am in agony. Dr. confirmed no UTI but without hormones it mimics one exactly. Called Dr. and said brand name only for me from now on. Noticed on the box that the first ingredient was corn starch. No wonder it didn't dissolve or work for me. Hope you have better luck."

123Diddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017