User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem, Yuvafem

Learn more about Estradiol.

Atrophic Vaginitis 102 reviews 50 medications

6.4
Atrophic Urethritis 14 reviews 45 medications

5.2
Summary of Estradiol reviews 116 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Estradiol

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This medicine is a waste of money. I pay $136.00 for 8 of these pills. I follow the directions, using them at bedtime. This is perfect since I don't generally get up during the night to use the bathroom. However, when I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is use the bathroom. Why is that ding dong pill in the toilet? I have tried pushing it further back into the vaginal and its still the same results. I am skeptical of meds that lie in place for hours on. It has not improved my condition at all but empty my purse. Not refilling the prescription. This morning I found after not seeing the pill when I first went to the bathroom, I thought well it is finally working. WRONG! 9:00 bathroom break, what do I see? That stupid pill."

Jennufer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Painful sex for year and a half. Was at my wits end, finally went to the doctor and described severe pain and dryness not relieved. She prescribed this cream. Miracle drug! No more pain, dryness improving. My husband and I are thrilled! Go on their website for a coupon. Almost 300 bucks but I only had to pay $25.00"

Tfruity (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "No problems with Vagifem. After using Yuvafem for a couple of weeks I started getting a discharge and feeling like I had an infection with burning and itching. It feels as if I am allergic to something in the drug. Going back to Vagifem."

BlankyM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I started using estring ring a little over a month and a half ago. I was unsure if I really wanted to walk around for 90 days with this object in my vagina. I thought I would be able to feel it. I was so totally wrong! Finally after having it in my possession for a month I finally inserted it and waited for results. Menopause had caused my vagina walls to become thinner and dryer. Sex with my husband was frustrating! I still wanted to be intimate but my vagina was not cooperating! So here we are at the almost 2 month mark, and I am totally satisfied with my ring! My walls seem to have more elasticity, lubrication, and it feels like it belongs to me again!! I do not feel it at all, and my husband says it does not bother him."

Cut63 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Was using vagifem for several years and felt felt great no side effects. Was sent the generic yuvafem. Agree about loose tablets and wasting the med as they would fall out of the dispenser. But when I started having side effects such as weight gain,10 pounds, feet swelling and cramping I switched back to vagifem. Now have to visit gyno to make sure everything is ok."

Mary belle July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I had been using Vagifem for over 10 years. It definitely helped my vag atrophy symptoms as well as improved minor urine leakage issues. Six weeks ago I was switched to Yuvafem. My first observation was with the packaging - the perforations between the individual units were nearly impossible to separate and when I did, the foil cover of the adjacent units would break open. I use a scissors now to cut them apart. Secondly, after about 4 weeks, I've noticed that vaginal irritation and urine leakage symptoms are returning. I'll use up my present 90-day supply and see how things go, but if symptoms worsen any more, I will ask my doc for a DAW (Dispense As Written) Vagifem prescription. I'll be willing to pay the significantly larger co-pay."

MNGal (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was switched from Vagifem to Yuvafem by OptumRx and my vaginal atrophy worsened. I had heavy discharge and everything felt really uncomfortable down there, like I was having some sort of allergic reaction. I stopped using it and my symptoms got a little better. So I talked to my doctor and asked her to specify no generic substitution on my prescription. The copay for Vagifem is higher, but it is really worth it to me. Vaginal atrophy is terrible and Vagifem is the one medication that has really helped me."

SweetPeaMarie June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My doctor put me on Vagifem in December and within weeks I felt great. In April I got my refill and it was switched to Yuvafem, by mid May all my symptoms were coming back and I was miserable, constantly felt like I had a UTI and the dryness and burning were awful. My doctor switched me back to brand name and I am slowly improving again. Yuvafem did not work for me at all. I agree with the others that the packaging was terrible as well, I had to use scissors to open each one and then the tablets would fall out because they were not in the applicators."

Catdot June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This product works great for me. I can't figure out why so many women can't get the applicator out of the foil packaging????? Really??? Cuts? Losing the little tablet?? I have no problem whatsoever."

Mrs JJJ June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Terrible packaging and not effective. Cut my finger...Maybe the company should be investigating the results and packaging if their product before they end up with a class action law suit."

Miserable Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've had this prescribed by my doctor who knows I have had to use primolut to control mennoraghea associated with perimenopause at 47 yrs. Dr knows my Gynie monitors endometrium thickening as a result of using primolut as it can cause endometrium cancer. A recent ultrasound revealed normal thickening of uterus for my age 57. Some uterine fibroid cysts though I am post menopause. Ovaries are normal. My constant bladder infections and incontinence were attributed to atrophy of the vagina. And I was told initially in my 40's to use a cream on the urethra, I never did. But the infections affected my kidneys and I started to lose my hair and damaged occurred in hair structure. So I'm tempted to use the Vagifem even if it is risky."

Piccadilly (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have used Vagifem for years succesfully. Tried Yuvafem... excited about the price drop. After 2 months of use I am in agony. Dr. confirmed no UTI but without hormones it mimics one exactly. Called Dr. and said brand name only for me from now on. Noticed on the box that the first ingredient was corn starch. No wonder it didn't dissolve or work for me. Hope you have better luck."

123Diddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Awful product!!!!! I was excited that a generic was offered. The price was unbelievable compared to Vagifem but I am going back to the brand name. Price does not compare to comfort. I do not recommend this product."

Anagrey (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Just recently switched from vagifem to Yuvafem and find the new generic Yuvafem ineffective and more difficult to use. The packaging alone is unacceptable. Individual applicators cannot be separated; perforations are useless, but the foil wrapping is sharp after opening and I received a one inch cut on one of my fingers!! The medication itself is different and does not seem to work. It cause more discharge and other unpleasant changes. No wonder it is cheaper. I am asking my doctor for name brand only (Vagifem) prescription."

Bernie 2 April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have used Estrace samples for 6 months or so..... I ran out and went to buy another tube... 375.00!! And my insurance didn't cover any of it. (Costco was 325.00) I called my doctor and they gave me a coupon, but my insurance didn't work with it. So over priced... and my insurance just went up a 100 dollars a month... I just can't buy a medicine that is so over priced. I thought it would be 50 dollars or so... there must be something else we can use? Also, the information I read said: estrogens may increase the chances of getting cancer of the uterus. Why would we want to take this? I've got to do more homework and find something better!!"

Jill Konvitz April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Been using the estring for a few years and I don't like it at all. Putting it in is difficult and taking it out is worse. I used a plastic crochet hook to remove it. I noticed a foul smell from my vagina when I peed and when slept in the was nude. Finally pulled out the estring with the crochet hook for the last time. The odor was gone. I will probably use Premarin."

Judy Jersey April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have been using it for almost 10 years - was definitely not this expensive when I started. My first cost was only $75, then it went to $100 and my doctor gave me one of the manufacturers coupons. I did only pay $15 for each ring until last year when I needed a new prescription. The new coupon has a max. discount amount of $100 and the product is almost $400. I am thinking of stopping - it seems the more popular it got the more expensive it got. I don't like the weight gain but enjoying sex with my husband is a way better trade off. I may just to back to the hassle of the cream."

AAW01 March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was a regular user of Vagifem and was very pleased with the results. It made sex comfortable again. I saw there was a generic available and tried it to try to save some money. This product is terrible. Everything about it is ten notches below Vagifem. You can't separate the foil packages. The applicator is sharp on the end. One of my doses was empty... and I pay $15 each. The pill does not dissolve inside you. When showering the next day I find the tablet just sitting up there undissolved. My vaginal dryness is back to where it was before beginning Vagifem. I am a 62 yr old woman with active sex life, my insurance will no longer pay for brand. I wish they would have more time before releasing. I hate everything about it."

LDn March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I am 67 years old, postmenopausal for 9 years, with typical vaginal dryness but no other issues. No problems with either Vagifem tablets or Estrace cream in the past. I had more vaginal discharge with Yuvafem. After 2 months on Yuvafem I developed vaginal spotting, fever, and a kidney infection! Was treated with oral antibiotics, and within a couple of days the vaginal spotting stopped as well. My GYN has since found a benign cervical polyp and attributed the spotting to that, but I'm not convinced. I have never suffered from UTIs so this was too much of a coincidence. I believe the excessive discharge from Yuvafem led to bacterial overgrowth, spotting, and subsequent urinary tract/kidney infection. I'm back to Estrace cream."

Not a fan of Yuvafem (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Wonder drug for me only downside is stuffy nose it's like having a constant cold. As in U.K. Prescriptions are free for over 60"

Auberge March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Product worked for me but the packaging is terrible, I had similar experience to the other reviewers. The individual doses will tear apart like the perforation indicates. Then the pill on the end of the applicator falls out wherever - in the package, on the floor, in the sink, etc. My insurance will not cover so the cost is $30-40 a pill. This is like gold so I can't just throw the contaminated pill away. How yucky to have to insert a pill into my body that can't be sterile anymore. I don't care if the cost if higher, I am back to Vagifem."

Anonymous February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Like just about all the other reviews here, I find the packaging terrible. The perforations between applicators mean nothing; you cannot break them apart. I have to use scissors to cut apart the joined applicators. I've used Vagifem for years and it breaks apart into individual applications easily. I just called my doctor to change the prescription to brand name only!"

Ruth L February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Several pills have been wasted because they fell out of the applicator and onto the floor. Maybe that's what they want so you will have to go through the product faster..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The patches stopped working so this was last on the list to try. Dr. gave me a sample to try. Not very effective and Way Way overpriced. Will be trying compounded version. Wake up drug companies there are a lot of us baby boomers suffering from menopause who will not go quietly into the night. Especially when we're expected to keep working until 66."

Mialo February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The packaging is HORRIBLE! Take a page from Vagifem and work on the delivery!"

1965bulldog12 February 13, 2017