User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem, Yuvafem

Learn more about Estradiol.

Atrophic Vaginitis 82 reviews 50 medications

Atrophic Urethritis 12 reviews 45 medications

Summary of Estradiol reviews 94 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Estradiol

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Several pills have been wasted because they fell out of the applicator and onto the floor. Maybe that's what they want so you will have to go through the product faster..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The patches stopped working so this was last on the list to try. Dr. gave me a sample to try. Not very effective and Way Way overpriced. Will be trying compounded version. Wake up drug companies there are a lot of us baby boomers suffering from menopause who will not go quietly into the night. Especially when we're expected to keep working until 66."

Mialo February 14, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The packaging is HORRIBLE! Take a page from Vagifem and work on the delivery!"

1965bulldog12 February 13, 2017

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've been using Estring for 10 years without any side effects whatsoever. Just recently have gained 10 lbs and can't figure out why. Also cannot get it off. Perhaps it's time to stop the treatment and see what happens. My question if anyone can share, once stopped, does the sweating and other symptoms return? I've just turned 60 and feel great. Don't want to have the unwanted effects. But totally open to stopping the Estring if it's dangerous to continue after all these years. My most recent dr said it's ok to stay on it even though mother and sister have had breast cancer."

Jleo January 28, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "It seems to work the same as Vagifem, but costs me nothing! Wahoo!!!! I agree with the other reviews about the packaging, but its just a mild inconvenience, I would rather just use my nail to slide the foil back off and save myself the $100. plus a month it used to cost for the vagifem!"

dallas girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I'm only giving Estrace Cream a 3 rating on the scale due to there being issues with the product. I have been using this product for a couple of years. It did help until the last few months, I went from using it 2-3 times a week to needing it every other day. My frustration comes from the amount that actually is in the tube. It says there is 42.5 grams in the tube, I alway keep track of the amount in the tube and end up with about 24 grams out of the tube in the end. Has anyone else kept track of this? Also, I can't afford it when I went yesterday to pick up a new tube and they wanted $290 for 1 tube?!! Why would it be this expensive? That was even after my insurance paid a portion."

Bewildered2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My pharmacy filled my usual Vagifem prescription with the new generic form. It is like using a placebo. I am asking my doctor to prescribe brand only from now on, and will gladly pay the $275/month out of pocket until my insurance will cover it again. Terrible product!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have suffered from vaginal/vulva pain since menopause started about 5 years ago. I've been treated by various doctors for vulvodynia/interstitial cystitis but my current doctor suggested the Estring because I have obvious atrophy symptoms that could account for a lot of my symptoms. Sadly this product just made my vaginal/bladder issues worse - pressure, irritation and discharge. I waited 3 weeks but finally removed it myself. Hoping I'll start feeling better soon. I wasted $279 to feel even worse. They should consider a redesign with a softer and more comfortable ring and bioidentical estrogen to reduce health risks. I've seen a lot of negative reactions online to this."

Ophelia_40 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Very glad to see that there's a generic for Vagifem, which I had wonderful results with. However, the blister packaging on Yuvafem is ridiculously bad. It's impossible to separate the single-use applicators using the perforations without tearing the foil wrapping on multiple applicators. Being able to separate is very handy for travel, etc. Please fix the packaging and make it functional!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "The packaging is horrible!!!! The company obviously did not think through the way it is packaged-impossible to break apart and the pills come out of inserter and end up on floor....or worse in the toilet! It is frustrating enough to make me consider switching to another option. Generic is great but not at the expense of making them extremely difficult to use. And it still is quite expensive!!!"

Schonebeeem (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This medication has improved my quality of life significantly. Since I went through premature ovarian failure and started menopause at age 38, by age 42, I had severe atrophic vaginitis which meant very painful sex and constant bladder infections. Sorry, I'm not giving up sex at age 42. Especially since otherwise I'm extremely fit and healthy. All the estrogen creams were a big mess and one of them even gave me a rash. A doctor suggested I try the vagifem and it was super easy, no mess and no reaction and solved my issues. I was happy and so was hubby. Now if I could just get a generic. 8 tablets (1 month supply is $176!! And my insurance now has a $3000 deductible (thanks Obamacare) so I have to pay for it myself."

Premature menopause at age 38 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I am glad there is a generic to Vagifem which I have used for years. My only criticism is the packaging. The perforations between doses does not come apart. I have to use a scissors and even then the covering gets ripped. In addition, many of the small dosage tablets have come out of the plastic inserter once I've managed to open the covering. I have to reinsert the tablet manually into the bottom of the plastic inserter. The whole inside packaging needs to be revamped."

BRCook (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Activating the Pay No More Than $25 card did not result in product being $25. False advertising. Did not purchase."

Hate false advertising December 24, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've been married for 35 years. After menopause, intercourse became impossible due to dryness and pain. I do not go to the doctor as often as I should, so I suffered for years, and tried to find "natural remedies" on my own to no avail. I finally gave in and went to a gynecologist. I was embarrassed to even tell him, but I knew I had to do something. He was familiar with the problem and put me on Estrace cream. Within days, I was a NEW person. Saved my life and my marriage. Excellent results and fast!"

CeeGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Vagifem still works but due to lower dose I have to use more often. My doctor says this is very common with reduced dosage. I very glad that she will prescribe sufficient pessaries for comfort."

Lizziedo December 13, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Sex became extremely painful after menopause..so much so that penis insertion was impossible! I thought I was done...my gyno suggested this and gave me some samples. I had started seeing somebody I really liked so had "the talk" about pain..I know some others have had this talk too. He said it wasn't a problem and meant it but I wanted to try..a month later..penetration was achieved with only a slight amount of discomfort! In fact..I was so surprised that it took me a moment to register that Yes..that IS what I'm feeling. So far..everything is fine. I will never be the way I was..but I'm very satisfied with this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2016

Yuvafem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I have been treated successfully for atrophic vaginitis with Vagifem for six years. Unfortunately, because I now have Medicare with supplemental insurance, I have had to get a month's supply of Yuvafem, the new generic for Vagifem, until I can get the brand Vagifem from Canada. The first thing I noticed is how poorly the Yuvafem is package. when trying to separate the applicators, the packaging covering the pill area broke open, and I ended up having to cut the applicators apart. Now I wonder if the medication is also substandard product. Of course, in the U.S., we are unable to tell were our prescription medications are made, where as in other countries, that information is available."

Brook Dancer December 7, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have suffered with endometriosis since I was 16 years of age... needless to say they did full histerectomy at 34 years of age, and still suffered painful sex after having my hormones shots each month , I was still having pain, ,, my doctor prescribed this cream and so far so good. Hopefully it continues to help me, this is embarrassing to women especially at this age. .."

Young one (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "this past Feb I literally thought my insides were being ripped out. Expected to see them lying on the floor after sex one Monday afternoon.I was throbbing and hurting the rest of the evening and into the the morning.The next day I called my GYN and begged to be seen. she diagnosed my with this and several rips. She gave me an Estrace cream sample and prescription along with one for the rips. I do not have medical insurance.I healed the rips with coconut oil and started the cream 1 oz 2 times a week, She says it is not absorbed. Well, all I know is that my hot flashes have lessened, sex is no pain and if I don't use it like I'm supposed to, all that changes! I'm blessed to have friends in the medical field that can keep me in samples."

Pattisue62 October 25, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Have been on this for four weeks. First two weeks 1 gram daily then twice per week. Just a few days after starting breasts felt full and tender like I was breastfeeding, gained up to 4 lbs. Did the trick for relations with husband. I'll be deciding if it's worth it ( physical effects and possible cancer of uterus) when I go back for a follow up visit this week."

28ST September 18, 2016

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Estring makes a huge difference in my life. It restored my ability to have normal sex (win!), with no pain and with normal lubrication. I've used it for 2+ years. The first few months my weight went up 10+ lbs and I've been unable to lose weight. It is worth getting used to a new normal weight for me to feel normal again. I have a false advertising complaint against Estring. Their Coupon says in large letters, "Pay no more than $15 for your ESTRING prescription." The very fine print says. "savings are limited to $100 for each of 4 uses," meaning you only save $100 for each Rx, but this Rx is VERY expensive, so no one pays $15, but usually much more. Still some savings are better than none."

Everclimber (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Really good experience with stronger dose. Now on lower dose and after a year or so the effect is nothing like as good. As atrophic vaginal conditions increase with age, it is obvious that what once worked well will no longer be effective at lower dosage. It is a shame that so many women will have to suffer this painful condition because of a shiort term study of a very small sample of women."

lizziep August 31, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "This med was a complete cure....I went through menopause - experienced extreme dryness and horrific pain during relations....constant urinary infections as well. I use the 10mcg and it was perfect....get it a lot cheaper through israelpharm.....different amounts in packaging - but still a heck of a lot cheaper than Walmart....yay!!!"

mama28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "After years of suffering with recurrent cystitis, terrible pain in my urethra, bloating, chronic fatigue, I've recently been put on vagifem and the difference has been incredible. Had previously tried antibiotics, over the counter remedies, various herbal treatments - NOTHING worked. I started Vagifem during a bad attack of cystitis and within hours the pain had all but gone. I've also noticed I have more energy, and a little more zest for life! Its early days and I have slight nausea, but so far so good. I'm delighted that something has worked at last."

AmandaH24 August 19, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "I started using Estrace because of frequent urination with burning, and dryness. I started menopause 4 yrs ago. When I use Estrace after 2 days I have to stop due to bleeding, and cramping that lasts for a week. I'm not a fan!"

Cherriecee (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016