User Reviews for Estradiol topical to treat Atrophic Urethritis

Also known as: Vagifem, Yuvafem, Imvexxy, Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring

Estradiol topical has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 29 ratings for the treatment of Atrophic Urethritis. 48% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Estradiol topical Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Atrophic Urethritis.

Reviews for Estradiol topical

Lily · Taken for 10 years or more April 1, 2021

Vagifem (estradiol): “I am 80 years old and I've been taking Vagifem for over 15 years since my surgery (Radical historectomy for uterine cancer). I trusted my doctor completely and have not had any problems with UTI's or vaginal dryness. I also use a KY-gel product after my shower and have no problem reaching a climax with masturbation, my only sexual release at my age. I also get Vagifem from Canadian Pharmacy for one-third the cost in the States. My younger sister could not tolerate Vagifem for many of the negative reports here, but she also didn't have cancer and is able to get relief from other meds. I really appreciate your comments and wish all the best to my sisters-at-large.”

Lou · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

Vagifem (estradiol): “I am 43 and was sceptical about using Vagifem as did not have vagina dryness which is what it says it’s for, but I have had problems with ongoing leaking bladder since giving birth to very large baby and most recently consistent UTI . All I can say is thank goodness the female doctor I had told me to try this. I have not had any urine leakage at all since I been on it which is a miracle and no bladder infections. There so many women my age with this trouble it should be prescribed more for this it’s so good amazing !”

Mojo · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

Vagifem (estradiol): “Have been having very painful cystitis and UTI's for over 4 years, I have been given numerous antibiotics over this time, after 1 to 2 weeks of finishing the course it was back again, was then kept on antibiotics full time, the specialist then suggested vagifem, the first one did sting, so didn't take more, then tried again 3 weeks later, and the pain & inflammation started to ease, after 4 Yr & antibiotics that didn't work I had found a breakthrough med, cannot believe at 57-62 age the GP never thought lack of estrogen could be the cause.”

Bub · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2018

Vagifem (estradiol): “Changed my life , was out of my mind with pain and cystitis constantly , never thought for one minute would get any improvement , but vagifem has helped immensely, but if I stop using them I go back to square one , so my gynaecologist said I need them for life , so pray they never stop producing them .”

nurth · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 30, 2020

Yuvafem (estradiol): “I used Vagifem for years & the only issue was occasional yeast infections at the beginning but the drug was effective for Vaginal Atrophy. Years later in an HMO that will only prescribe generics so forced to use Yuvafem. Initially it seemed okay but in the last 3 months I noticed symptoms of burning, itching and UTI returned. Simultaneously, I just read that Teva, the current generic manufacturer of Yuvafem that I'm using, has been indicted by U.S. Federal prosecutors for drug price-fixing along with other drug manufacturers. While they are only under investigation for price fixing, I hope the FDA is also investigating these companies to determine whether they are interfering with the drug formulation, i.e., cutting with fillers. Caveat emptor - while Vagifem is costly, we may be throwing money down the drain with generics that have filler instead of the drug.”

Den · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 3, 2018

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol): “I have been using Estrace for 5 yrs -a complete hysterectomy at age 42-can't live without it-no more nightmares, nerves are calm normallly according to my husband-HA! & don't have hot flashes. I am fortunate that my insurance has always covered It but in Jan 2018,a generic came out & my insurance would only pay for the generic. I was fine with that- but two months later I realized the generic was not working. All my symptoms had returned full blown! My husband told me to go to pharmacy and pay whatever the name brand Estrace costs! It would have been $325!! I told the Pharmacist my symptoms on the generic and he called my insurance company- told them I had had a reaction to generic-they then covered the name brand - within 24 hours I felt like a new person and better each day. I want to say here-the generic did not work for me. Keep working it women-there IS A way to have a GREAT AND HAPPY LIFE after menopause!”

AmandaH24 August 19, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol): “After years of suffering with recurrent cystitis, terrible pain in my urethra, bloating, chronic fatigue, I've recently been put on vagifem and the difference has been incredible. Had previously tried antibiotics, over the counter remedies, various herbal treatments - NOTHING worked. I started Vagifem during a bad attack of cystitis and within hours the pain had all but gone. I've also noticed I have more energy, and a little more zest for life! Its early days and I have slight nausea, but so far so good. I'm delighted that something has worked at last.”

amysm58 October 12, 2019

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol): “I used this once 3 weeks ago. Immediately had horrible burning and was up all night with what felt like a UTI. Am now on my 3rd antibiotic due to the inflammation and feel like these symptoms will never go away. It may be a Godsend for some, but if you are allergic, it is a nightmare.”

Jill Konvitz April 8, 2017

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol): “I have used Estrace samples for 6 months or so..... I ran out and went to buy another tube... 375.00!! And my insurance didn't cover any of it. (Costco was 325.00) I called my doctor and they gave me a coupon, but my insurance didn't work with it. So over priced... and my insurance just went up a 100 dollars a month... I just can't buy a medicine that is so over priced. I thought it would be 50 dollars or so... there must be something else we can use? Also, the information I read said: estrogens may increase the chances of getting cancer of the uterus. Why would we want to take this? I've got to do more homework and find something better!!”

dee1702 · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2014

Vagifem (estradiol): “For the past 2 years I have suffered terribly with incontinence. A month ago I decided to go to the doctor and she prescribed Vagifem. It was an instantaneous result. I can even jog now without any leaking. It has changed my life. The only negative thing I find is that I gained 2kg or it can be water retention. But not having incontinence outweighs the water retention/weight gain.”

Fed up April 27, 2020

Vagifem (estradiol): “I started taking vagifem about 7 weeks ago, on Dr's advice, saying it's more effective than tablets. No leaflet in the box to describe side effects. Like you, Brody, I started feeling dizzy one morning when I was getting out of bed. I felt a bump on my nose and when I opened my eyes, i was on the floor. I fainted and hit my head on the bedside drawer, haven't taken them since.”

DeDe126 April 23, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol): “I have been using Estrace cream for 11 years and it's been working. I use about 1/3 applicator every 5 or 6 days. Suddenly, it stopped working. I don't have a bladder infection, I already went through yeast infection treatment both Diflucan and vaginal creams, and my vagina still burns. The Estrace cream relieves it, but only for about 6 or 10 hours. I am 70 and not sexually active. I know years ago the urologist said everything look kind of shriveled up and dry down there. Could the hormone cream just not work anymore? Now what do I do?”

lee · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 10, 2020

Estring (estradiol): “Used for urethritis. ( urgency and incontinence) and vaginal dryness. I felt it for the first day or two but after that, I am not aware it is there. 2 weeks before the 90 days are up I start getting the urgency and getting a little dry and depressed so I change it before the 90 days are up. IT $100 each ring in Canada, and I get 50% back with insurance. The awful experience of urgency and cost of incontinence products, I would pay double this.”

taragurl February 10, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol): “My urologist has just put me on the cream 3 times a week for preventing uti's. I just started using it so not sure if it will help with this but I pray that it does because the past year I have had one UTI after another and I am tired if being on antibiotics all the time. The antibiotics are so hard on my gut. Anyways no libido and hopefully that will improve too. So far no bad side effects either so that's good. I will be. 60 in may. I always was very active sexually now I don't even want to be touched and my husband is not happy but understanding. So anyways will report back and hopefully this cream is a miracle worker!”

Hysto September 27, 2017

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol): “Yesterday was the first time I used Estrace Vaginal Cream. I have experienced burning and throbbing. I will not use it again My co-pay was $146.73. Wish there would of been samples. I could of saved the money.”

Brook Dancer December 7, 2016

Yuvafem (estradiol): “I have been treated successfully for atrophic vaginitis with Vagifem for six years. Unfortunately, because I now have Medicare with supplemental insurance, I have had to get a month's supply of Yuvafem, the new generic for Vagifem, until I can get the brand Vagifem from Canada. The first thing I noticed is how poorly the Yuvafem is package. when trying to separate the applicators, the packaging covering the pill area broke open, and I ended up having to cut the applicators apart. Now I wonder if the medication is also substandard product. Of course, in the U.S., we are unable to tell were our prescription medications are made, where as in other countries, that information is available.”

Cherriecee · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2016

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol): “I started using Estrace because of frequent urination with burning, and dryness. I started menopause 4 yrs ago. When I use Estrace after 2 days I have to stop due to bleeding, and cramping that lasts for a week. I'm not a fan!”

123Diddles · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2017

Yuvafem (estradiol): “I have used Vagifem for years succesfully. Tried Yuvafem... excited about the price drop. After 2 months of use I am in agony. Dr. confirmed no UTI but without hormones it mimics one exactly. Called Dr. and said brand name only for me from now on. Noticed on the box that the first ingredient was corn starch. No wonder it didn't dissolve or work for me. Hope you have better luck.”

New Grandma · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2018

Yuvafem (estradiol): “I have not noticed any performance difference between Vagifem vs. Yuvafem. However, the packaging is terrible. I need scissors to separate the applicators from each other; when received the foil often is ripped and plungers are often pushed in thus releasing the drug tablet. Since I have frequent UTIs I am NOT following advice to manually insert the tablet if it is not in the applicator. My HMO is only looking at the cost factor and it is very frustrating to be supplied with a very inferior drug product.”

BLR February 20, 2020

“I had vagina dryness, painful intercourse, burning, urinary tract infections. My Dr put me on estradiol cream twice a week 1mg. It's been almost 1 month the burning has stopped, night sweats have improved a lot but urethra sometimes bother me but not to bad but over all it's working okay. My insurance would not pay for premarin cream but would pay for estradiol cream so thank goodness for that.”

Dale · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2020

“The Estradiol seems to work well but having to use the same applicator I believe gave a yeast infection, I washed it with soap and water but I think it was not enough. I will have to also wipe with alcohol. Can you place more applicators in box.”

Katiebean · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 25, 2020

Vagifem (estradiol): “I’m 61 and was still suffering from night sweats! The nursed recommended Vagifem ... and yes it really helped to ease my night sweats. I can’t comment on vaginal atrophy etc . But if like me you still suffer from night sweats .. then Vagifem really helped! Thank you”

Butterfly33333 February 23, 2016

“I went straight to a specialist Dr., a Urologist, because I was having vaginal discomfort that I could not really explain or understand. I am not in menopause yet, I still have my period; however, I was feeling like I had a UTI, but I didn't have a UTI. The Dr. asked what Rx's I'm taking and when I told him Prozac, then he told me that is one of the side effects of Prozac. He warned me of the high cost, unless I went to a specific Pharmacy where it cost @ $20-$25. I have to drive 60 miles to get it, but it saves me @ $175, so, I don't mind the drive. I haven't been on it long, so, I'm not sure how well the cream is going to work.”

R · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2020

“Less than a week, 6 days-3 treatments, on this cream and I am seriously constipated, I never get constipated. I also have stomach discomfort with nausea, and pain shooting down between my legs, along with calf cramps. If I'm going to feel this way every day, I'd rather have the awful rods open my urethra up again. That's only temporary torture for about 30 minutes. I think it may slowly be trying to work.”

Joyce 51 February 19, 2016

Vagifem (estradiol): “awful leg pain, vaginal burning like on fire, back pain, pounding heart, dry cough, stomach pain and diarrhea”