User Reviews for Esomeprazole/naproxen

Also known as: Vimovo

Esomeprazole/naproxen has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 42 ratings on Drugs.com. 43% of those users who reviewed Esomeprazole/naproxen reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Osteoarthritis
10.0
Summary of Esomeprazole/naproxen reviews 5.5 42 reviews

Reviews for Esomeprazole/naproxen

J · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2021

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “I went to the Dr last Friday with bad back pain and he gave me vimovo tablets, I've been taking them 6 days now and am getting no relief, I'm getting headaches and stomach cramps which I didn't have prior to taking them. I've decided on day 7 to stop taking them and just go with nurofen instead to see if they improve the pain.”

Ruined · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2021

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “The good and the very very bad. The good: I look Vimovo for 6 months to treat chronic osteoarthritis. It worked great, dropping my pain level from a 10 to a 1. The very very bad: Because the drug was so good at masking side effects, it did permanent, irreversible damage to the lining of my stomach in the form of microscopic colitis. Now, not only do I have to live with the pain of osteoarthritis once again, but I also have to contend with colitis for the rest of my life.”

P · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2021

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “Took 1st, and last Vimovo pill. Helped with pain but a few hours later had bad diarrhea and a night of stomach pains. Not going to proceed with a 2nd pill.”

Younggma · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2018

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “I'm 41 yrs old with severe dibiliating pain. Arthritis, osteoarthritis, hip impingement, severe Degenerative disc disease (DDD), you name it I probably have it. Recently diagnosed with Scheurmann's disease (another spine problem) or kyphosis as some people may know it. My pain has diminished. Along with my other slew of medications, got rid of the meloxicam and started Vimovo. I just wanted to give up on things. I'm a very active mother of 3 and have grand children. The very 1st day my doctor gave me the samples even I felt relief. Usually by 6 or 7pm I'm ready to rest and put my feet up in my recliner. Now I feel so much better its an amazing relief. 8 years I've been in pain but it has gotten progressively worse within the last 2 years. Without Vimovo who knows what or where I would be. If you are suffering like I was, ask your doctor about thus medicine. I also have GERD and it is easier on the stomach. Good luck to all”

Esmeralda November 3, 2019

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen): “I was prescribed Vimovo for 2 slipped discs, with Kapake (30mg Codeine Phosphate /500mg Tablets acetaminophen) in the beginning as my pain was very severe. I have a sensitive stomach but the coating of Vimovo is gentle on the gut. I also suffer from migraines but didn't have any problems with them while taking Vimovo. As I improved I stopped taking the Kapake. Vimovo also has a pain reducing effect , which was helpful in the evenings when the pain was most severe. I came off Vimovo after 8 weeks. I had an epidural steroid injection and a nerve block as my discs hadn't healed with Vimovo and physiotherapy. Coming off Vimovo gave me a headache for about 2 days. It's very important to drink plenty (1- 2pints of water a day) and observe the 1 hour wait (or min.30min) before meals when you take Vimovo. Take it at the exact time every day. I had no problems with my weight. Avoid overly spicy meals, citrus drinks, alcoholic drinks or vinegar in cooking, while taking Vimovo.”

HHR October 8, 2015

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “I am 49. I have severe osteoarthritis, and no pain medication before Vimovo could touch the pain. Opiates in high doses worked, but I'd be a vegetable! I also have GERD, which made taking medicines difficult. Without Vimovo, I simply could not walk, work, play with my children, etc. No side effects for me. The cost is prohibitive for many, I'd think. Without insurance, I would never be able to afford it.”

RAgal April 3, 2014

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I'm still new to this medication, but it has been life-changing! I am able to do things that have been impossible the last few years, thanks to Vimovo. Methotrexate made me sick, Celebrex caused heart palpitations, but -- so far -- no side effects from the Vimovo. I highly recommend anyone with rheumatoid arthritis ask his/her doctor about using it as a possible treatment method!”

2tall November 21, 2013

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This has been helpful, thank goodness. Previously used Celebrex or meloxicam, which was once a day. Though this new medicine is prescribed two times day, I have found I can often pass on the second dose. Got a copay card from doctor, so no cost.”

Jeannie marie November 2, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “I've been on medication for arthritis for years and every medicine prescribed has made me sick to my stomach and given me heart burn until Vimovo. I've been taking it for about 6 months. No side effects and it works! I'm very happy with it.”

Lou · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2020

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I tried Vimovo for inflammation - from Polymyalgia rheumatica - to give myself a break from using cortisone. It was recommended because the effects on the stomach are supposedly minimal. Well, I had such acute gastric pain I didn't know what to do with myself. It was a dreadful experience. Never again!!”

Dee Dee · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen): “I was prescribed this Vimovo for migraine specifically because anti-inflammatories hurt my stomach. I took one dose this morning. Not only did it do absolutely nothing for my headache, I am now suffering from severe stomach cramps and feeling a hundred times worse. Plain Naproxen gave me a bad stomach ache before but this is ten times worse. Seriously regretting taking it and in so much pain and misery right now. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG IF YOU HAVE A SENSITIVE STOMACH.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “Took this pill just thrice in 2 days for foot and ankle pain . Omg. This pill is so strong on stomach. I am up all night as I type. Bloating so much makes me look like I am pregnant. Also the upper stomach burn is as if i consumed acid. Wondering if i should dispose this pill in hazardous material waste or what. Wow it hurts. Can’t even think of my actual foot pain.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2019

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was have problems with my thumbs and wrist. Ihad this issue for a couple of years be I mentioned it to my doctor. She gave me samples of this drug to try, with in a couple of day my pain was gone not 100% but to a point I didn't notice it . I do recommend this if you can get it at a reduced cost, which I do .”

Sunny · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “Absolute worst stomach pains ever -upper stomach - I thought they were suppose to guard against stomach distress. Stopped medication and it took 4 days for my stomach to return to normal. Never had that problem with the far less expensive OTC Aleve - did less for my pain then Advil - never again, will not recommend this medication, it will cause you ulcers not prevent them.”

galsal · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 12, 2020

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “I was prescribed this drug to relieve my various joint pains due to arthritis. I've had a sensitive stomach for years so was never able to tolerate more than a few doses of the usual anti-inflammatory drugs, and have a sulpha allergy which rules out Mobic and Celebrex, so I was happy to be able to give this a try. It REALLY helped my pain, and I suffered no stomach upset, etc. on the 6 weeks I was on it. However, during that time I experienced an increase in "occular migraines", including 3 within 2 hours! I've experienced them for about 20 years but very few and far between. The only thing which changed in that time period was the Vimovo, so after the last one I stopped taking it. I don't really know if the Vimovo was the cause but don't want to take any chances.”

Becca · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “Have been on Meloxicam for approx. 2.5 months for hip pain. Ortho Doc decided to put me on Vimovo. Took my first dose on a Friday morning. By Sunday morning wasn't feeling well in my stomach. Decided not to take Sunday night pill. Then the diarrhea started on Monday. OMG! Stomach pain, so far 3 days of watery stools, gas (both ends). Went to Gastro doc yesterday and they have me set up for a slew of tests but...I'm really wondering if the Vimovo didn't cause all of this. I did have 1 bloody stool on Thursday before I started taking Vimovo but none since. So it could be something else...but I'm not ever taking Vimovo again. To much of a coincidence!”

Selina Price · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I've had rheumatoid and osteoarthritis since I was eight years of age. Now I have ankylosing spondylitis and stay in constant pain from the three. My doctor gave me a trial size bottle of Vimovo to try , and immediately the same day I felt life changing results! I hadn't felt so good and revived in decades. The unfortunate result was that it was so expensive I could not afford it. I would recommend this drug to any and everyone who has any or all of the diseases I have!”

CarlyL · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I haven't slept through the night in over a year due to back stiffness. I've been on this medication for four days and I can't tell you happy and rested I am! I highly recommend this medication for AS.”

dnsjns July 26, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “Horrible experience. Took for 14 days as directed and by day 11 There was blood in my bowel movements. Days 12 and 13 had me doubled over with severe stomach pains and watery diarrhea up to ( no exaggeration...18 times a day) I figured that it was from this new medication and stopped immediately. Stomach pain subsided but now need a colonoscopy to be sure that I am ok. Also gained 8 pounds in these 2 weeks. Really helped with my hip pain but no thanks...... I'd rather deal with hip pain than this nightmare.”

Wils · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2018

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “I have only taken 2 pills!! One last night and one this morning...I have had the worse stomach pains and diarrhea ever in life! I rather have the agony. I was given it from my stand in nurse/doctor he told me it was new to the books. Why did I even try to take it. I will not take it agin.”

JMNC December 2, 2019

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “Doctor switched me to Vimovo from Meloxicam after I complained of weight gain. I've been taking Vimovo for about 2 months and have had little to no relief of pain in my legs. If anything I feel more pain and discomfort. My legs are so sore and achey they feel like they're made of cement. I even asked the pharmacist if I could take additional Aleve or other pain med. Now in the process of discontinuing Vimovo. Especially since insurance won't cover the cost.”

PJoyce · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2017

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “The pill itself works wonderfully. However, the horrible gas, indigestion, frequent urination and chest pains are not worth it to me. I literally thought I was having a heart attack for hours. I took nearly 12 antacid pills to see if it was gas. Although I was some what relieved it was a terrifying experience. You really do have to choose your battles. The pain in my knee and back diminished but the chest pains. Deep sigh.”

Ginno · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2020

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “I just got these tablets today from my doctor on the prescription because of long period migraines. I had these tablets in 2017 and they did not help me. I don't know why they gave me the same tablets???I feel like a lab rat.”

aew1 · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2015

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen): “This medication made me SO sick that I literally could not sit still. I felt better lying down but when I sat up, I had to rock because I felt so miserable. I don't even remember if it helped with the pain. If I could give it a 0 rating, I would. The concept is brilliant but it was not for me at all. I have taken Aleve (Naproxen) alone and as long as I eat enough when I take it, I'm fine. I have never taken Nexium (Esomeprazole). Maybe it was the Nexium that didn't agree with me or maybe I didn't eat enough before taking the medicine or maybe a combination of the 2. I took it when it was new on the market. I was sick for about 3 days after taking and stopping this medication.”

MissRocky · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2017

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: “After 8 days of taking this Med I have gained 4 pounds. Swelling in my feet and bruising. I got complete relief from pain but I am experiencing too many side effects. I won't be taking this Med any longer.”

Inflamed April 3, 2017

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “My bone Dr gave me this and it gave me great relief for my lupus arthritis and my rheumy took me off of it like over a year later due to bp issues...6 months Now I'm a misery my inflammation is rampant and I ask to start taking it again - fingers crossed. I'm highly sensitive bp wise to prednisone so I can't go up on it:(”

souppanner · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This is the ONLY medication that helped with my inflammation, plus guarding my stomach issues. I so wish my insurance would cover it now. But a couple of years ago said it would no longer cover it, and there were no co-pay cards at that time.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2017

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “Was given this medication to relieve the pain in my spine but instead I started having sleepless nights unable to get comfortable without severe pain to roll over. Bowels started to back up. Swollen hands and feet, I was unable to wear my rings because water pills would not help give relief. I had a blood rash across my face and swollen eyes and started bruising with every little bump of hitting something. I started throwing up 10 hours after I took my morning pill and would throw up everything from dinner the night before and breakfast from the current day. I started throwing up the pill with only the outer layer missing 10 hours or so after taking it about 12 days into starting this med. I would not recommend this for anyone!”