User Reviews for Esomeprazole / naproxen

Also known as: Vimovo

Learn more about Esomeprazole/naproxen.

NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis 1 reviews 7 medications

Osteoarthritis 10 reviews 349 medications

7.1
Summary of Esomeprazole/naproxen reviews 18 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Esomeprazole/naproxen

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I've had rheumatoid and osteoarthritis since I was eight years of age. Now I have ankylosing spondylitis and stay in constant pain from the three. My doctor gave me a trial size bottle of Vimovo to try , and immediately the same day I felt life changing results! I hadn't felt so good and revived in decades. The unfortunate result was that it was so expensive I could not afford it. I would recommend this drug to any and everyone who has any or all of the diseases I have!"

Selina Price (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "I've been on medication for arthritis for years and every medicine prescribed has made me sick to my stomach and given me heart burn until Vimovo. I've been taking it for about 6 months. No side effects and it works! I'm very happy with it."

Jeannie marie November 2, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Gave me the worst diarrhea I have ever experienced and terrible stomach pain after on 2 tablets. Still suffering 3 days later"

Anon839629 September 9, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I haven't slept through the night in over a year due to back stiffness. I've been on this medication for four days and I can't tell you happy and rested I am! I highly recommend this medication for AS."

CarlyL (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Great for relief of back pain BUT severe side effects. Migraine, vomitting (blood present !!! ) , diarrhoea & severe stomach cramps ( I couldn't stand up with the pain) even for a couple of days after I stopped taking them. Could only manage 6 days of a 14 day persrcription. Just not worth it ! Would rather deal with the back pain."

Dinky5 August 24, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This pill worked great for me ..I had terrible knee pain and could hardly walk, but then I was feeling bad and found out my platelets dropped from 152 to 77 taking this medecine.. I had to stop.."

summer day August 22, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This is the ONLY medication that helped with my inflammation, plus guarding my stomach issues. I so wish my insurance would cover it now. But a couple of years ago said it would no longer cover it, and there were no co-pay cards at that time."

souppanner (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "Horrible experience. Took for 14 days as directed and by day 11 There was blood in my bowel movements. Days 12 and 13 had me doubled over with severe stomach pains and watery diarrhea up to ( no exaggeration...18 times a day) I figured that it was from this new medication and stopped immediately. Stomach pain subsided but now need a colonoscopy to be sure that I am ok. Also gained 8 pounds in these 2 weeks. Really helped with my hip pain but no thanks...... I'd rather deal with hip pain than this nightmare."

dnsjns July 26, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "Medication does help with lower back spasms. I found I was able to sleep once the drug kicked in. Taken only when needed, as prescribed by doctor. Side effects for me included pain in left side/stomach area; tenderness in same area; diarrhea for two days after last dose."

convergys1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2016

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for : "This medication made me SO sick that I literally could not sit still. I felt better lying down but when I sat up, I had to rock because I felt so miserable. I don't even remember if it helped with the pain. If I could give it a 0 rating, I would. The concept is brilliant but it was not for me at all. I have taken Aleve (Naproxen) alone and as long as I eat enough when I take it, I'm fine. I have never taken Nexium (Esomeprazole). Maybe it was the Nexium that didn't agree with me or maybe I didn't eat enough before taking the medicine or maybe a combination of the 2. I took it when it was new on the market. I was sick for about 3 days after taking and stopping this medication."

aew1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2015

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 49. I have severe osteoarthritis, and no pain medication before Vimovo could touch the pain. Opiates in high doses worked, but I'd be a vegetable! I also have GERD, which made taking medicines difficult. Without Vimovo, I simply could not walk, work, play with my children, etc. No side effects for me. The cost is prohibitive for many, I'd think. Without insurance, I would never be able to afford it."

HHR October 8, 2015

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "I noticed pain relief right away using this medicine, along with my other pain meds. A good medicine for inflammation."

Ifeelgreat (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2014

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Not nauseous as I was with previous medication taken."

IEN (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm still new to this medication, but it has been life-changing! I am able to do things that have been impossible the last few years, thanks to Vimovo. Methotrexate made me sick, Celebrex caused heart palpitations, but -- so far -- no side effects from the Vimovo. I highly recommend anyone with rheumatoid arthritis ask his/her doctor about using it as a possible treatment method!"

RAgal April 3, 2014

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This has been helpful, thank goodness. Previously used Celebrex or meloxicam, which was once a day. Though this new medicine is prescribed two times day, I have found I can often pass on the second dose. Got a copay card from doctor, so no cost."

2tall November 21, 2013

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for : "Unfortunately I believe that Vimovo may have caused severe gastrointestinal problems. SEVERE Heartburn, diahhrea, nausea, bloating, bad taste in mouth."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "No more diarrhea. Excellent pain relief. Vimovo is great."

Anonymous January 18, 2012

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "First time I have been pain-free for at least two years."

jepps October 27, 2011

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "Very Happy. Vimovo worked just as the Doctor ordered. Best of all, NO STOMACH ACHES AFTER."

Mark9843 August 8, 2011

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "Excellent for pain relief of my hands and knees with no more stomach upset. No side effects noted. Great medicine."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen) for : "Used to get lots of stomach upset taking Aleve for extended periods. No more with Vimovo."

Anonymous June 8, 2011