User Reviews for Ephedrine

Also known as: Rezipres, Akovaz, Primatene Intermittent Asthma, Emerphed, Corphedra

Ephedrine has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 4 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Narcolepsy  Off-label
8.5
Asthma, acute
10.0
COPD, Acute  Off-label
Summary of Ephedrine reviews 9.0 4 reviews

debjackson March 17, 2009

“I used ephedrine for 15 years, but not correctly. I was addicted to it and could not stop. I was up to 36 pills a day. In October of 2007 I ended up in the hospital with an enlarged heart and fluid in my chest cavity that was seeping out of my heart. The pills had caused this to happen to my heart. It made my blood pressure sky rocket. I had to have an echo, heart catherization, stress tests and now I am on heart medicine and blood pressure medicine. I have no idea how it works if you use it correctly, but I am so glad I am finally off it for good.”

maverick · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 8, 2021

For COPD, Acute: “I have used Broncaid Tablets for many years, I have COPD and Asthma. In addition to my other prescribed medications for the COPD and Asthma Broncaid is the only medication that is able to give me a longer lasting relief. I advise people with breathing conditions to at least give it a try it just might give you additional comfort.”

charlene55 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2013

For Narcolepsy: “2008 had meningitis since then I have got narcolepsy and ephedrine helps me a lot with the insomnia and concentration during the day to keep me alert.”

Anonymous November 4, 2009

For Asthma, acute: “I have a very hard time breathing, ephedrine helped me so much. Now that the price for it has gone up so much I can't buy it.”

Narco August 11, 2011

For Narcolepsy: “25mg 2x a day. Once upon waking and once in the afternoon seems to get me going with addition to a cup of coffee. The pros are it works similarly to the typical narcoleptic drug. ”