User Reviews for Eluxadoline

Also known as: Viberzi

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Eluxadoline.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.6

Summary of Eluxadoline reviews 6.6 136 reviews

Reviews for Eluxadoline

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've been taking this medication for over a month. I couldn't take it twice a day as that made my stomach hurt badly. I take 1 pill a day and works like a miracle. I used to look for bathrooms everywhere i went. It was embarrassing. Almost had accidents several times because the diahrrea was so bad. The only bad thing I can really say is that IF I miss a dose or take it late, my diahrrea comes back immediately with a vengeance. So just remember to be vigilant in your schedule. Otherwise, best medicine ever"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Ok, I have been taking Viberzi for 3 Days. I’ve been living with the worst IBS with diarrhea you could imagine, for 30 years. I am so thankful for this drug. It’s like a miracle and I know you people suffering from IBS feel the same. Had some constipation hoping that will stop. But to not have this for 3 Days was like a treat for me. Taking 100 mg twice a day."

Steve Wolinsky November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Keep in mind this medicine is a opiate and a c4 controlled substance. Also I take 100 mg 2x day. My insurance didn't want to cover it and it's costly $1200.00 for 60 pills a month which is just ridiculous. However my Dr. office called them to get prior authorization and if your Dr is willing they should be able to get some or all of it covered it's there job to call the insurance to get it covered.IF THEY SAY THEY WILL GIVE YOU SAMPLES UNTIL ITS COVERED THEN GO TO THE OFFICE AND PICK THEM up! You shouldn't have to wait on them to call you back if they already agreed to give you samples.Drink plenty of water as well this medicine can and will cause constipation if you don't drink water and eat healthy and back off med if your constipated.."

ImBetterNow (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Nobody has mentioned this, but this medication makes me have to pee more often."

P Master Flex (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "My miracle drug. Been taking for about a year now. I finally have a life."

lkschafer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've been dealing with IBS several years, to the point where it has taken over my life; virtually homebound. Started trying the FODMAP diet, which my doctor hasn't even heard of, and was gaining some control over my IBS. Then he gave me some samples of both Viberzi and Creon. The first day I tried both meds, I was a constipated, drugged, crying my eyes out, basket case. It stopped my bowel movements all together. No BM the first day; stomach felt bloated and tight, and I was in a stupor. The Creon SEVERELY exacerbated my depression. Second day, I took 1/2 a pill of Viberzi only and had a really sedated feeling and slept the day away. Not as much belly pain. Thinking about taking 1/4 at bedtime."

Ha Di Ad October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "30 years of suffering with chronic colitis. Lived on Imodium just to get through life and afford me some form of control over the projectile diarrhea. Nothing helped the pain. Seven months ago I was hospitalized due to a car accident. A Nurse Practioner suggested I ask my doctor about Viberzi. I take one hundred milligrams two times a day while eating. A miracle drug. I am normal now."

Carol from Florida (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I started taking Viberzi about a year ago. I received free samples and coupon from my doctor. This is a MIRACLE drug! I was at a point where I did not leave my house unless I had to due to unexpected "explosions". I have had no side effects at all. The main issue is the cost. It is $1200. for a 30 day supply. It will not be in generic form for several years. I am fearful I will go back to life without Viberzi as I cannot afford it. It truly is a miracle drug in my opinion."

Grammaof6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medication has managed my diarrhea attacks very well but the stomach discomfort that I experience when taking it is starting to make me consider discontinuing it. Hoping some of you have suggestions."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've lived with IBS for as long as I can remember. I worked in a high stress career since the 1980s. In the 1990s I went to my doctor to get help. His advice- avoid foods that upset your stomach. The trouble was that everything did this. I could not sit through a meal at a restaurant without stopping part way through to run to the bathroom. I moved to East Tennessee I established myself with a new doctor. As part of his initial review of my health, the IBS came into discussion. He recommended a new drug, Viberzi. To say it has been life-changing is an understatement. I cannot tell you how great it is to be able to eat and not have IBS immediately. One more thing- my gallbladder was removed in 2009- no problems or side effects for me."

Smoky Mountain (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This drug has done wonders for my IBS-D. I've suffered for 25 years and was skeptical this would help. I was at my wits end and was withdrawing from everyone. Now, I go on my way and do not have to find the bathroom everywhere I go, just in case. Everyone should give it a try as it may work for you despite negative reviews. Every body is different so it's worth trying it for yourself. Best of luck!"

GJ23 September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "After one week, I went from having diarrhea 6- 8 times a day to normal movements twice (average) a day. What a Godsend!"

ajhilley September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Finally some relief!! This is a hands down miracle drug for IBS. Not a 100% cure but I'd say it controls my symptoms 90% of the time which is outstanding."

Stacylynn4546 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This is my second time on this medication. For some background, I have had IBS my whole life and had many tests done and tried all kinds of diets to try and help and nothing worked. I used to go to the bathroom 6-8 times a day (sometimes more, usually with cramps) I used to take bentyl but it makes me feel very sleepy and groggy. I took the 75mg for awhile but it became less effective so now I'm on the 100mg and it works a lot better and I'm down to going to the bathroom about twice a day with minimal or no cramps through out the day. The only side effect I have had is that about 10 minutes after taking the pill I feel weird, like a weird feeling, mostly in my upper back/shoulders. It goes away pretty quickly and doesn't hurt."

TXGirl1987 August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "100mg 2x daily. Diarrhea to the point of incontinence. Told by doctor to take 2 immodium 30 minutes before eating anything. Ended up being bloated and still have explosive diarrhea. I stopped taking Viberzi and my untreated IBS D symptoms are a heck of a lot better than on the medication, don't get me wrong I still have urgent needs but at least I can go back to the gym."

Iamdabananaking August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took Viberzi for about a week, and then I had acute pancreatitis for three weeks. I have my gallbladder, I don't drink, and aside for IBS-D, I don't really have health issues. This is a dangerous drug."

L in Texas (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been using this with good results for almost a year. I did have some break through diahrrea on occasion. What I would like to know is has anyone stopped taking it after taking for a while? I had been using the 30 dollar coupon but now the price has gone up and the coupon is not valid. So I am waiting for insurance approval. But my doctor gave me samples and I have ran out. I have called my doctor three times today to get more samples as they said they would give them to me until insurance comes throught, but they never got back to me. So I will just not have them to take. Has anyone had experience with just stopping and if so what were the effects? Thank you for any help. Guess I'll stock up on imodium until I hear from them."

goodiesnoldies July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Horrible pain. Was hospitalized. Terrible drug."

Astuart123456 July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Very disappointed. Doctor gave me 8 day supply, yet the only difference I've seen is negative. For some reason the medicine seemed to aggravate my IBS and trigger a week of symptoms. The worst of which was bloating, and diarrhea. However even with these negative symptoms I still suggest people to give it a try. Everyone is different, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. If you can get a sample it's worth a try."

Aj317 June 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had IBS-D for 20 years. Not a severe case, but persistent and definitely impacted the quality of my life. I tried everything: low FODMOP diet, gluten free diet, no high fructose corn syrup or sugar, no caffeine, immodium, bentyl, wellchol, rifaxin, peppermint pills etc. - nothing worked. Multiple colonoscopies found nothing wrong. I finally tried 75 mg Viberzi and it worked immediately. No side effects whatsoever so far. Only two issues: (a) trying to remember how to be normal and (b) so far my insurance refuses to pay for it. Got a 90 day supply for $30 on a special promotion but after that if insurance does not cover I don't know if I can afford to stay on it. Cost per month is around $1000 - $1200."

Bill324590 June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had IBS-D since the age of 18 (so 12 years now). I normally have the urge and have to go right away. About 8 years ago I started going to doctors and trying to get help. Unfortunately everyone at that time kept saying it was my diet and I changed it about 15 different ways. None of it helped. I started to take Imodium, 2 tablets a day, then 3, 4 and so on. I felt like I needed 12 a day to function normal. I was still going every morning. I was fortunate to finally find a GI that really understood how special my condition was about three years ago and he has really helped. Unfortunately VIBERZI he thought would do wonders only helped with my intake of Imodium. I take 100mg of viberzi daily followed by 7 Imodium."

Eddie Arizona June 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "The worst drug I have ever experienced. First day felt like I had a band crushing my head, my vision blurred and my liver ached, but I tried to push on. Day two had a full blown migraine, my stomach bloated to painful to touch, I began vomiting and my back felt like a mule kicked me in the liver. The pain was similar to kidney stone. Rectal bleeding was intense and did not stop my diarrhea. I have crohns, IBD along with short bowel."

Unglued June 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Went my doctor in tears diarrhea was so bad, it was up to 30 or more times a day. Stomach pain, everything I ate made me sick. My doctor gave me the FODMAP diet to follow and to go gluten free he also prescribed Viberzi. I took the first tablet that evening (100mg) twice a day. In less than 24 hours my diarrhea had stopped and the pain was gone. I feel strictly following the FODMAP diet along with Viberzi did the trick. Been taking Viberzi for a month and a half. I had one bout of severe diarrhea when I ate a biscuit and boy did I feel the pain. It took 24 hours for it to stop. I'm one of those people who just can't eat gluten. "

Joyatlast (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been taking VIBERZI for a little over 30 days and it has all but eliminated my issues with chronic diarrhea that have had for forty years. The first week I had some stomach bloating but that quickly subsided. I can actually go places and not constantly trying to figure out where the closest restroom is. It is literally changing my life."

TomFree June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Have Short Bowel with IBD over 10 years. Tried this medication and felt like a hat was crushing my head the first day than followed by increasing worse headache bordering on migraines. Pain in my stomach was only surpassed by the pain in my back just under the ribcage, probably liver location. Nauseated constantly too. Hate this ridiculously expensive medication"

Ga Peach (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017