User Reviews for Eluxadoline

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.7

Summary of Eluxadoline reviews 6.7 162 reviews

Reviews for Eluxadoline

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This is basically the cure for IBS-D for me. The difference is immediate and dramatic. From 8-10 runny bowel movements a day to 1 to 2 of solid waste and the cramping and pain is gone. When I first started taking it, I had issues with nausea, but that faded with time. The issue is the cost and insurances don't like to cover it. Its basically a miracle drug, but its so expensive people who need it can't afford. Thankfully between the coupons and pre-authorizations I've managed to stay on it so far. But I'm dreading when the insurance company denies it and I have to go back to living in misery."

Danjo (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This is the only medication that has helped. I’ve had IBS for 20 years and it was just horrid! I tried xifaxan with no luck then tried viberzi which worked immediately. Finally I can eat without running to the loo directly after, and no more close calls while in the car. My only issue is that I must eat a lot before taking my 100mg am and pm pills. If I don’t eat enough my body will ache, especially my neck. The pain in my neck is just awful for about 45 minutes after taking my pill. Sometimes when I think I ate enough food to keep my neck from hurting, I’m wrong and I end up on the sofa for a while. My advice is eat a good size meal before taking this medication (if you have the same issue as me.)"

Kelsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This is an amazing drug that has dramatically improved my lifestyle. I have had Colon Cancer and a portion of my intestine was removed. I am now cancer free. I do however have a difficult time controlling my bowels after eating. Usually between 10-20 minutes after eating I have to use the bathroom. Thanks to this drug I no longer have to worry about being near a restroom. I had chronic diarrhea before taking this drug. Now I can travel, work without embarrassing runs to the bathroom. Go out with friends to eat before a movie. I do have to still be careful of what foods I eat, but life with this drug on board is so much better. It’s rather expensive too. Is a generic possible? I signed up for financial assistance through the manufacturer which is greatly appreciated!!! I couldn’t afford it on my own."

Flower (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 15, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I suffered with IBS for nearly 35 years; Viberzi has been like a miracle drug. I've been taking it for about 6 months - where before I suffered at LEAST twice a week - I've probably had only 2 issues in 6 months."

vjnnc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "The medication worked wonders. Gave me my life back after many close calls and actual accidents. You may ask, why only give it a 6.... The answer is the price. No matter how much it helps I can not afford $1,100 a month for one medication. I'll suffer until a generic comes out I guess"

Barbaraanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was prescribed twice a day of the 75 mg. Being a cautious person, I took one Viberzi in the morning, after breakfast and a bowel motion. I did not have one "episode" all day, and was able to have a bowel motion the next morning after breakfast. The only negative about it is the price"

Sea Shel (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was so excited to finally find a medication for my IBS-D. I have had a severe problem for years not making it to the bathroom. After getting the medication and taking it twice a day I found it was not going to work for me. Now back to square one! What a disappointment."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I had IBS-D since 2001, I been on so many medications. Last were Lomotil and Librax. I am so glad Viberzi works, it is a godsend. I been on this for about a year. I took the recommended 2 doses a day. But it worked so well I cut it down to once a day. The results are amazing still. My dose has been once a day for about 4 months now and it works perfectly."

Vince (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Viberzi has done wonders for me! The gross details, I was in the bathroom several times a day and every time after eating. Not only that, but I’ve come close to having accidents many times. Now I can have a meal with no issues. I can even drink milk and coffee again. The only downsides are that after I take it I feel “off” for about 30 minutes. Dizzy, tired. Secondly, I have the worst gas I’ve ever had in my life and it’s relentless. No over the counter or home remedy has worked for that yet. :("

Penny (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medicine made things so much worse for me. I tried it for over two months and it never stopped IBS. It actually worked opposite and made my diarrhea and gas five times worse. I’m going back to Lotrenox. At least it worked a little."

TN (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I feel normal!! I suffer from severe IBS D this medicine is heaven sent."

Mrs nelson (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I no longer go the bathroom like I'm a goose - however the dry mouth has been pretty bad."

Anonymous April 24, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Many of these people have had positive effect from Viberzi. I’m 62 and have had IBS with Diarrhea for most of my adult life and probably eating what I want when I want doesn’t help at all. I was introduced to Viberzi 6 months ago and the very first pill I took, I knew this was what I have been looking for all my adult life. Finally a medication that works. Not having to worry when my next attack would happen. It works very well for me and I recommend it for people who can tolerate it. I have had little side effects from it. Some tiredness but that’s it, and that goes away as you get used to it. I have had some IBS but very little and not like I used to. I haven’t changed my diet, which I should work on. I am so great-full for this medication. PS Don’t let the negative reviews influence your decision not to try viberzi check with your doctor first."

Steve W April 20, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medicine has changed my life. I let IBS run my life for 3 years without doing anything about it. Nothing else was working. It took a few months to get the dosage right (it does severely constipate you). I only need half a pill, every other day. I am pain free!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Been on Viberzi for over a year. At first, it was truly great. But about a month ago, it’s efficacy decreased and the cramps and going 6-10 times daily returned. I am WAY disappointed. Glad it works for others though."

Gab (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Having tried almost everything in the past year with no success, I was not excited about trying another medication. I prefer holistic methods. However, when I take a viberzi, it is highly effective. It stops the worst part —the cramps—and also solidified my bowel movements. I only take half or a quarter of the 100mg as needed. I tend to need it less and less except when I’m having my monthly cycle—there is a connection there with my IBS-D. At that time I need half a pill a day."

Nadlaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have severe acute IBS-D. I have been tested and retested for crohns and Colitis with negative results. I suffer from joint pain, bloating, 8 to 12 bowel movements a day with extreme pain with spasms. During the attacks I suffer with extreme fatigue and depression. Followed be anxiety. I would suffer from these symptoms about 5 to 6 days a week with now relief. With Viberzi I suffer maybe 4 to 5 days a month of full blown attacks and its usually due to feeling so good I eat something I know is going to hurt me. I now have 1 or 2 bowel movements a day which are normal. Not pencil poo or hot dog water poo. If you have a bowel condition you know what they are. Lol. It has changed my life. If your suffering go to the doctor. You will not regret it."

Greg B (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered from IBS-D for 25 years and finally found my miracle drug. After several meds and tons of accidents and close calls I can finally have some peace. Prior to this the only thing I knew I could eat without worry was a piece of toast or muffin. Salads, fruit, red meat, fried food or any cream based food was a trip to the bathroom. Now I can eat what I want within reason and 90% of the time I’m good! I take only one 100 mg in am as I don’t seem to need more. At the beginning I didn’t think I would last as I felt “weird” almost high but that has been rectified by taking it with food. Sometimes I build up an immunity to meds so that is my only fear that this happens as well."

Barb (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Viberzi improved things, but still had Diarrhea several times a week, and it cost $5,000/year, which for something that only half worked is ridiculous. A specialist at Stanford then had me try Questran, a sequestration powder that is usually used for absorbing fats in the bowel that lead to Cholesterol , but does the same for bile - and it 100% cured the Diarrhea episodes and costs 10% of what Viberzi does."

Robb (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I’ve dealt with IBS-D for 25 years. Recently I decided to give Viberzi a try. I took it for three days. It did reduce the amount of BMs in the first two days. From the beginning I felt dizzy, drowsy, stomach pain, nausea, and had coughing spells. On day three, I experienced all of the above with a serious attack of BMs, couldn’t stop going. The side effects trumped any benefit. The tv commercials were promising, but it just didn’t work for me!!"

Tim March 1, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had problems for longer than I can remember. When I changed Dr's, the new Dr said it sounded like IBS-D, gave me samples of Viberzi to try and my life changed dramatically. I have been on it for about 1 1/2 yrs. and now have the confidence to go eat whatever and be able to leave the house afterwards. I was on a $30 a month insurance plan, which has expired. I applied for assistance and was accepted, but now am told the Viberzi is on backorder. I am now without it and will see whether or not, my IBS-D comes back. Other than a slight dizzy feeling after taking Viberzi every morning, which I would just lay down for 1/2 hr and the feeling went away and the day was great, I have had no other side effects at all! I also cut it down to one in the morning and none at night because I was running out of pills and them being on backorder and still no problem."

GRANNY (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Viberzi has been a miracle worker for my wife (taking it for about a year). Like others have stated, two pills a day resulted in constipation, but 1/day resolved her diarrhea and gave her the confidence to take trip of over 30 minutes without worrying about having to make an emergency stop or have an 'accident'. It has always been crazy-expensive, but with manufacturer discount cards provided by the Drs. office and insurance it was down to very manageable $30/refill. Evidently there has been a price increase since the first of the year. The "retail' cost has jumped from $1300. to over $4000. With insurance and the discount card, it's now just over $1300 which we can't afford. So she's back to living with the constant threat of not being able to find a bathroom fast enough."

Concerned Husband in Alabama February 21, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was put on this medication for IBS and it stopped the diarrhea but give me constipation which I fixed it by reducing from 2 pills a day to 1 pill a day but was only on it for a week. The reason I stopped taking it is that shortly after I took the pill it would give me bad anxiety with my heart racing and I would feel high and weird. I would never go back on it even if it was free because the side effects were horrible."

Dreia February 14, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I am a 23 year old female who has been struggling with IBS-D for about 2 years. The condition ruined my life, affecting work, college, my everyday life. On my hour and a half commute to work on the subway, I would nearly lose control of my bowels as the diarrhea was just so bad. Every morning was terrifying. Viberzi has helped so much. Taking 100 mg twice a day caused too much constipation. My doctor prescribed me the 75mg, and told me to titrate it according to my needs. Currently, I take 75mg before bed, and 75mg in the mornings if needed. I skip the doses on the weekends (I am not as active) in order to prevent constipation. I am rating Viberzi a 9 out of 10 because it can occasionally cause constipation, and though it claims to have a pain-relief component, I have not felt that at all. Remember that for every 10 patients who try Viberzi, only 1 patient will feel some relief from symptoms."

JaneSmith666 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2018

Viberzi (eluxadoline) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took Viberzi for 2 days and it shut my GI track down completely. I had horrible stomach pain and could barely eat for 48 hours after I took the last pill. It took me over a week to be back to my normal with IBS. It was horrible."

m2m2 January 6, 2018