User Reviews for Eletriptan

Migraine
8.5

Summary of Eletriptan reviews 8.5 144 reviews

Reviews for Eletriptan

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've suffered with migraines for over 25 years and found nothing that could help. Since migraines were something my family had, I thought that it was an inherited issue so never spoke to my doctor about it. It was only when the migraines increased in intensity and frequency that I finally went to the doctor who immediately prescribed relpax. My life now is unbelievably different. I can actually plan to do things more knowing that I have a backup that works quickly. I'm a pensioner and am able to get the drug at the pension rebate."

Duchess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2019

For Migraine: "Eletriptan generic does not work at all, you may as well take nothing. I've taken the Relpax brand name for 20 years and it works if my migraine is caught early - but the generic does not lessen pain at all."

CR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have gotten chronic headaches and migraines since I was 5. I’m 30 now, and 2 years ago I discovered relpax after my mother had it prescribed to her for her migraines. She’s been a chronic migraine sufferer for 50 years. Nothing has EVER worked for either of us in our entire lives until we tried relpax. I of course let my dr. know I found something that worked (I didn’t care if it wasn’t prescribed to me at first, if you get migraines, you know how desperate you are to try anything that will help) and my dr now prescribes it to me. This drug has been an absolute life changer for my mother and I. I no longer have to worry about not being able to work, take care of my son, and most of all, SUFFER! Because I know if I have one of these, I’ll be migraine free (or sometimes at least mostly migraine free) within less than 2 hours. I’ve never lived life this way before, every move I made prior was based on “if” I have a migraine or not. I am finally living free."

D (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2019

For Migraine: "Terrible substitution for the real thing. I'm sick of generics that don't work and insurance companies who only think of there pockets!"

Abby (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2019

For Migraine: "I have suffered from migraines for 24 years and had a physician prescribe Relpax back in 2014 and it was the only medication to work for me with zero side effects. Fast forward to today. There's a generic prescription on the market now, and my insurance will no longer cover the Brand name one so I tried it. It's the one made by Teva. It had not worked at all. I have taken 2 pills in 4 hrs and not even the slightest relief. I'm also on Fioricet and phenergan. I would rather pay the exorbitant amount of money for the Brand name drug than the $24 for the generic form. Sumatriptan works for me too but I get horrible side effects that are nearly as debilitating as the migraine so I only take it as a last resort. So far the generic Relpax has made me more nauseous, sleepy, and uncontrollably anxious. I would NOT recommend switching from brand to generic form of this drug. Plus, the packaging is very difficult to open which is even MORE irritating even you're in so much pain."

Gakmom January 10, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax 40 mg is the most effective migraine medicine I have ever used. The generic eletriptan works fine also. I take one 40-mg tablet at the first onset of migraine, then take one additional tablet if my migraine is not gone in 1 hour. Over the years, I tried Imitrex injection (which made my migraine MUCH worse), ibuprofen (Motrin), and acetaminophen (Tylenol). Relpax beats all of these hands down. Without Relpax, there are many days that I would not be able to get out of bed. I do not have any side effects from this medicine. Thankful for this medicine."

Snowy (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 26, 2018

For Migraine: "packaging is as important as the effect of eletriptan! I was stuck with the Generic brand of Relpax by GREENSTONE/NEVER AGAIN! Obviously they do NOT test there own packaging. WORST packaging on market. The blister card is made of HEAVY card stock impossible tear apart. Then the worst is thin foil backing you need "pick" to start to "peel" off to get to Pill. Out of THREE cards/18 blister packs ONE peeled off. Now try this with a full migraine/use your strength to tear apart. You pick of the foil only to have it glued down tight so it does not peel. You must carry a knife or scissors or an exacto tool to get the pill out. All the while you are blind, vomiting, exhausted and maybe bleeding from your nose! NOT GREENSTONE GENERIC RELPAX!"

Anonymous November 14, 2018

For Migraine: "After years of successfully using Relpax, the only med that stopped my migraines, my pharmacist suggested the generic made by Mylan.. It doesn't work as well as the real thing. And I've had hemorrhages in the white of my eye."

Headacher (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Migraine: "I took the name-brand Relpax for years and it was extremely effective. I switched to the generic when it became available and had the same result. Unfortunately, my CVS/Target pharmacy switched which generics they were carrying and the replacement generic was AWFUL. Migraines wouldn't go away, extreme nausea and bad depression. Moral of the story -- don't discount all generics since they're made by different companies. Generics have the same active ingredient as the name-brand but the non-active ingredients can be completely different. FWIW (for what it's worth), the generic that worked great for me was distributed by Zydus Pharma and the generic that was ineffective (and downright dangerous in my opinion) was made by Mylan Pharma. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor who the generic supplier is and give different ones a try."

Carrie (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've taken Relpax for at least 10 years and it has been a lifesaver for me.. Without it I would not have been able to function in a professional job. My health insurance only allows me to have 6 pills a month, so at times I have to cut the pill in half to try and make a 1/2 dose work. If I take this pill and go back to bed for a couple of hours it will take the migraine away - it does make me fill a little sick and lightheaded after I take it, so I'm careful about that."

Grammie (taken for 10 years or more) September 29, 2018

For Migraine: "The generic brand of Relpax is trash! It does nothing for me. I still suffer as if I took nothing. It doesn't work the same for me"

Hickorychic (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have had migraines for about 50 years. Tried everything. Dr. called and said to try Relpax...WOW miracle drug. What I don't understand is WHY OVER $900 a month WITH INSURANCE? Walgreens pharmacy, Bangor Maine. 40 mg tab 16 tablets a month and I had to get special permission to be allowed the 16 tablets. Relpax is ALL that has ever worked. I worry about the long term side effects on the heart but I guess dying early is better than a migraine. I do get residual effects the entire NEXT day - weak and lethargic, I move slower and take my time - at least I am pain free within 2 hours of taking Relpax and can work, function 80%. It makes me VERY weak..so lifting, running are impossible. I would not trade it for anything. NOTHING else has EVER worked and I refuse the generic, especially after reading reviews..IT IS NOT THE SAME. But why over $900. a month? Its a MAJOR FINANCIAL BURDEN, but I would rather die than suffer a migraine and I guess they know that. Sad USA."

Mainah (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

For Migraine: "I have never had such a terrible experience trying to open a package. You need to have scissors at your disposal and then try and peel back the covering -all while having a horrible migraine! I travel and do not have access to scissors-Please urge the manufacturer to change the packaging knowing the patients have severe neurological impairments while experiencing a migraine and cannot open the medicine"

CMH (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Replax (Eletriptan) is the best Triptan for Migraine I have used and I have used them all. It gets rid of a migraine with in about 1 - 2 hours especially if I eat after I have taken it. I do seem to get a lot of reoccurence with this drug but that is the same for all triptans and I get a lot of Migraines as a chronic sufferer. Great short term results with Replax but side effects are very strong sleepiness as in I must lie down and sleep off the medication to be able to function but often a short nap will suffice, it does effect my ability to work but not as much as a migraine. I get 12 tablets a month on the NHS for free which is great and use a VNS ( vagal nerve stimulation) device as a preventative which is slowly helping reduce my frequency. Eletriptan is not often used in the UK due to the side effects of sleepiness. My neurologists advises it tends only to be used and tolerated by more severe migraine sufferers. However regardless of those draw backs it is worth trying as it does shift a severe migraine."

UK User June 8, 2018

For Migraine: "This med does not work for me nearly as well as RELPAX"

laura April 30, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've been taking Relpax 40mg name brand for about 8 years or so. I take them 3 to 4 times a month. Refilled my prescription in November 2017 and didnt realize they gave me Eletriptan, which is generic for Relpax. I paid $20.00 for 9 pills. When I got a migraine I kept wondering why my migraine didn't go completely away! My Pharmacy didn't even tell me. I've had a lingering migraine for 9 days today. I looked all over for a Relpax, and found one, I took it real fast! Omgeee! Within 1 hour the migraine completely gone! I called my doctor and told him to please write on my prescription DAW- Disperse As Written per my insurance so I can get Relpax name brand. So now I'll be paying $112.00 for 9 pills. Very expensive. But gotta love my RELPAX! No generic brand going on here."

Sherri (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 5, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This drug works! I started taking it about ten years ago. But recently I started having a vivid nightmares with it. It started when I started getting it for $10.00. I think the formula has changed!"

Cherri (taken for 10 years or more) March 22, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "The medication itself works well, however the packaging is absolutely impossible to open! you have to use scissors to cut through the backing and then try to peel it back. when your vision is impaired and you can't tolerate ANY light and your hands are shaking because you are in so much pain this is a Herculean effort. My husband even struggled to open it for me when I couldn't. I wrote to Teva and got the thank you for your input brush off after a lengthy email exchange providing the packaging info. grrrrr looking for an alternate med now. It does me no good if i can't take it."

Pat March 13, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Amazingly fast results"

Duchess (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I’ve been taking Relpax for about 10 years now and I can honestly say I cannot live without it! Takes away my migraine and all my symptoms within the hour. Tried other medications that didn’t work and made me worse. Generic brands also did not work for me. Would recommend it to anyone. The only side effect I get sometimes is it can make me a little tired but I can handle that over a migraine any day."

PaulsAEGal (taken for 10 years or more) January 22, 2018

For Migraine: "Pharmacy started filling my Relpax with the new generic. I was optimistic as the brand name has been a wonder drug for me for years and seriously the only thing that brings me relief. Not only did it NOT work, it made me feel worse. And don't get me started on the ridiculous packaging - why would a company require people to need scissors to cut the medication out?! My doc and I are now having to do battle with my insurance company to start paying for the only thing that will work for me. It shouldn't be this hard."

Mommy L (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2018

For Migraine: "My insurance now makes me take the generic, eletriptan with only 6 tablets a month. First time I have to use the generic I was sicker than I have ever been. It was like I was never on medicine. I vomited twice, lost all my equilibrium, couldn't eat. Had to call out of work. Now I have to be a guinea pig again to find something that works for my migraines. I get sinus, cluster and tension migraines. Not looking forward to this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "The only medication that kicks my migraines. Generic is now available, will be trying that with RX renewal. Its very pricey so if the generic works looking to save $."

MrsPep (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax has been a wonder drug for me..other than having to wait an hour for it to kick in, I've had no side effects at all. The only worry I have is the neurologist told me that it can stop working if you use it too often."

Serenity2008 August 7, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This was a wonder drug for me! Had tried so many things from daily Topamax (did nothing), imigran, the snorty (nasal spray?) thing (can't remember its name), codeine, betapyn, acupuncture, special diets etc and this is the only drug that knocks off the migraine, deals with the nausea and leaves me functional at work. The only other drug I ever found effective was something called a 'migraine cocktail' that I was given on a work trip in a South African pharmacy - a little selection of about 6 tablets, 2 yellow, 1 pink, a few white. To this day I have no idea what was in it but it killed my migraine (probably nearly killed me, but it worked)! Outside of that, the Relpax is my absolute go-to. I have a script for both the 40mg (small migraines) and 80mg."

bellajay (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2017