User Reviews for Eletriptan

Migraine
8.6

Summary of Eletriptan reviews 8.6 131 reviews

Reviews for Eletriptan

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Replax (Eletriptan) is the best Triptan for Migraine I have used and I have used them all. It gets rid of a migraine with in about 1 - 2 hours especially if I eat after I have taken it. I do seem to get a lot of reoccurence with this drug but that is the same for all triptans and I get a lot of Migraines as a chronic sufferer. Great short term results with Replax but side effects are very strong sleepiness as in I must lie down and sleep off the medication to be able to function but often a short nap will suffice, it does effect my ability to work but not as much as a migraine. I get 12 tablets a month on the NHS for free which is great and use a VNS ( vagal nerve stimulation) device as a preventative which is slowly helping reduce my frequency. Eletriptan is not often used in the UK due to the side effects of sleepiness. My neurologists advises it tends only to be used and tolerated by more severe migraine sufferers. However regardless of those draw backs it is worth trying as it does shift a severe migraine."

UK User June 8, 2018

For Migraine: "This med does not work for me nearly as well as RELPAX"

laura April 30, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've been taking Relpax 40mg name brand for about 8 years or so. I take them 3 to 4 times a month. Refilled my prescription in November 2017 and didnt realize they gave me Eletriptan, which is generic for Relpax. I paid $20.00 for 9 pills. When I got a migraine I kept wondering why my migraine didn't go completely away! My Pharmacy didn't even tell me. I've had a lingering migraine for 9 days today. I looked all over for a Relpax, and found one, I took it real fast! Omgeee! Within 1 hour the migraine completely gone! I called my doctor and told him to please write on my prescription DAW- Disperse As Written per my insurance so I can get Relpax name brand. So now I'll be paying $112.00 for 9 pills. Very expensive. But gotta love my RELPAX! No generic brand going on here."

Sherri (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 5, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This drug works! I started taking it about ten years ago. But recently I started having a vivid nightmares with it. It started when I started getting it for $10.00. I think the formula has changed!"

Cherri (taken for 10 years or more) March 22, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "The medication itself works well, however the packaging is absolutely impossible to open! you have to use scissors to cut through the backing and then try to peel it back. when your vision is impaired and you can't tolerate ANY light and your hands are shaking because you are in so much pain this is a Herculean effort. My husband even struggled to open it for me when I couldn't. I wrote to Teva and got the thank you for your input brush off after a lengthy email exchange providing the packaging info. grrrrr looking for an alternate med now. It does me no good if i can't take it."

Pat March 13, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Amazingly fast results"

Duchess (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I’ve been taking Relpax for about 10 years now and I can honestly say I cannot live without it! Takes away my migraine and all my symptoms within the hour. Tried other medications that didn’t work and made me worse. Generic brands also did not work for me. Would recommend it to anyone. The only side effect I get sometimes is it can make me a little tired but I can handle that over a migraine any day."

PaulsAEGal (taken for 10 years or more) January 22, 2018

For Migraine: "Pharmacy started filling my Relpax with the new generic. I was optimistic as the brand name has been a wonder drug for me for years and seriously the only thing that brings me relief. Not only did it NOT work, it made me feel worse. And don't get me started on the ridiculous packaging - why would a company require people to need scissors to cut the medication out?! My doc and I are now having to do battle with my insurance company to start paying for the only thing that will work for me. It shouldn't be this hard."

Mommy L (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2018

For Migraine: "My insurance now makes me take the generic, eletriptan with only 6 tablets a month. First time I have to use the generic I was sicker than I have ever been. It was like I was never on medicine. I vomited twice, lost all my equilibrium, couldn't eat. Had to call out of work. Now I have to be a guinea pig again to find something that works for my migraines. I get sinus, cluster and tension migraines. Not looking forward to this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "The only medication that kicks my migraines. Generic is now available, will be trying that with RX renewal. Its very pricey so if the generic works looking to save $."

MrsPep (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax has been a wonder drug for me..other than having to wait an hour for it to kick in, I've had no side effects at all. The only worry I have is the neurologist told me that it can stop working if you use it too often."

Serenity2008 August 7, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This was a wonder drug for me! Had tried so many things from daily Topamax (did nothing), imigran, the snorty (nasal spray?) thing (can't remember its name), codeine, betapyn, acupuncture, special diets etc and this is the only drug that knocks off the migraine, deals with the nausea and leaves me functional at work. The only other drug I ever found effective was something called a 'migraine cocktail' that I was given on a work trip in a South African pharmacy - a little selection of about 6 tablets, 2 yellow, 1 pink, a few white. To this day I have no idea what was in it but it killed my migraine (probably nearly killed me, but it worked)! Outside of that, the Relpax is my absolute go-to. I have a script for both the 40mg (small migraines) and 80mg."

bellajay (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've been taking Relpax since 2009. It has always taken away the migraine headache within about an hour of taking 40mg. For that, I'm grateful. What I've noticed is that WHEN I take it makes a big difference. If I take it at the first sign of a migraine, I always get a rebound headache the next day. I find that if I wait 12 hours, then take Relpax, the migraine goes away and doesn't rebound. If it ever does rebound, I have to just tough it out. I need to rest a lot after taking it or I'll get a rebound. And I have to take it with food. The one time I didn't gave me horrible nausea."

jojobaggins (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 2, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Not effective for me. I've been a migraine sufferer for 30 yrs and have relied mainly on Imitrex . My Neurologist has also been giving me BOTOX every 3 months for the past 6 yrs which has helped cut my attacks down immensely. However, he thought maybe I should try Relpax for those migraines I do get and it has not been helping me at all. My Imitrex 100 ( or generic) would usually rid me of a migraine as long as I took it within the first 15 or so minutes of onset. So , I guess I'll stick with what's worked for me."

Skyemom March 4, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This drug works exceptionally well for me. Within 2 hrs my migraine is gone. I've suffered for years and can't believe what a difference this medication makes in my quality of life."

RayFoi January 5, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I had tried sumatriptan and rizatriptan with no relief of my migraines. My headaches consisted of pain under my left eye, neck tenseness, stomach upset and of course headache. My doctor gave me a prescription for Relpax 40mg and a savings card. I had migraine relief for the first time ever! It works every time if I take it at the first sign of migraine and usually works even if I take it after the migraine has taken hold, although it's best if I can lay down and rest if my migraine has already started. Highly recommend it!!"

Moosehead63 January 5, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've suffer with migraines for 30 yrs. 3 to 5 migraines a week. I've taken everything in the book. It works for a bit and after one to two years, either stops working or I develop an intolerance. This has been the best thing that came my way. It works 90-95% of the time. I rather deal with the side effects, than the big horrible monster (MIGRAINE). I'm able to work. It saddens me to say that I may have to stop taking it, due to some side effects;I'm dreading telling this to my Dr. about it. This might mean back to square one. I'm afraid of losing my job."

Rodriga (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Reload 20mg. Sometime the relief is 98% which is great. In other instances it works 70%. The discomfort is better than the migraine: although I'm afraid to tell my Dr because I'm scared he will take it away and this is the best thing I've had in a long long time. Discomfort: Tightness on the back of my neck, and shoulders, soreness inside my throat, mouth, face and around neck, as well as my legs and arms. Creating anxiety."

Rodriga (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This medication has worked very well. Better than any other medication I have tried and been on. I had a migraine this morning to the point I wanted to go to the er. And I took the medication and it worked with in half hour. And a full hour later I had no more migraine."

Jasonmiller (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I'm glad it works for most people - it most definitely did not work for me. My doctor warned me about feeling tingly but that wasn't all-I took it at night like I used to do with Imitrex.My migraine had progressed to the point of not being able to function, nausea-the usual. I woke up and felt groggy, probably shouldn't have gone into work and DRIVE my kids to school but, the pain was done, it was a good 12 hours since I had taken the medication so I figured I was OK. Boy was I wrong. I could not function, my brain was dead BUT the worst part was the uncontrollable sobbing. I was crying for no apparent reason, for HOURS- The whole day! I had to leave work and have my mom pick up my kids and take care of me-nausea lasted all day too. NOPE!"

Gina RDJ November 8, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax is an amazing medication that completely ceases my migraine pain, nausea and light sensitivity within an hour. I have luckily no side effects or groggy feelings. I read that it hasn't worked for some, my doctor told me if your headaches are cluster or other then this medication will have no affect and your headache will remain. :-("

Funkybandit (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have been getting migraines for 23 years, I'm 43 now. I get 3 -4 migraines per week. I used to take imetrex but that started to not so well. It usually took 60 to 90 min to work and I would always feel tired after taking it. I went to a neurologist and he started me on Relpax. What a difference! I have 80mg pills that I cut in half. Within 30min I am good as new. No major side effects for me which is great. I highly recommend giving it a try. I still get about 4 migraines a week but I can take 40mg and they go away. Now if I could only find a daily pill that would reduce the frequency of my migraines...."

Anonymous August 21, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Suffered w migraine headaches my entire life of 42 years. As of Nov '15 i was prescribed relpax and if taken as soon as migraine starts w a glass of water and 30-40 minute nap i feel brand new, however as miraculous as this medicine is, i can no longer afford it. Medical mystery pain such as migraine headaches shouldn't be made unaffordable. It's a shame..."

Jry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I take the 40 mg of Relpax as needed for migraines. I have had migraines for over a year now. I also take a daily preventive medicine so I feel like with the preventative medicine that if I need to take the Relpax it is very helpful. The only thing I do not like about it is that it tends to make my neck and jaw sore. But other than that it does it's job for me and get's rid of my migraines and hardly ever do I have to take 2 of them."

Whitney T (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I use to love this medication! I would take it and it took my migraine away within an hour. About a year ago I took it and my throat felt like it was closing up and my heart was racing. I tried taking it again and the same thing happen. I am very sad I can no longer take it because it worked great to relieve my throbbing migraine pain."

Health Warrior April 23, 2016