User Reviews for Eletriptan

Also known as: Relpax

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Eletriptan.

Migraine
8.8

Summary of Eletriptan reviews 8.8 124 reviews

Reviews for Eletriptan

For Migraine: "Pharmacy started filling my Relpax with the new generic. I was optimistic as the brand name has been a wonder drug for me for years and seriously the only thing that brings me relief. Not only did it NOT work, it made me feel worse. And don't get me started on the ridiculous packaging - why would a company require people to need scissors to cut the medication out?! My doc and I are now having to do battle with my insurance company to start paying for the only thing that will work for me. It shouldn't be this hard."

Mommy L (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2018

For Migraine: "My insurance now makes me take the generic, eletriptan with only 6 tablets a month. First time I have to use the generic I was sicker than I have ever been. It was like I was never on medicine. I vomited twice, lost all my equilibrium, couldn't eat. Had to call out of work. Now I have to be a guinea pig again to find something that works for my migraines. I get sinus, cluster and tension migraines. Not looking forward to this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "The only medication that kicks my migraines. Generic is now available, will be trying that with RX renewal. Its very pricey so if the generic works looking to save $."

MrsPep (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 22, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax has been a wonder drug for me..other than having to wait an hour for it to kick in, I've had no side effects at all. The only worry I have is the neurologist told me that it can stop working if you use it too often."

Serenity2008 August 7, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This was a wonder drug for me! Had tried so many things from daily Topamax (did nothing), imigran, the snorty (nasal spray?) thing (can't remember its name), codeine, betapyn, acupuncture, special diets etc and this is the only drug that knocks off the migraine, deals with the nausea and leaves me functional at work. The only other drug I ever found effective was something called a 'migraine cocktail' that I was given on a work trip in a South African pharmacy - a little selection of about 6 tablets, 2 yellow, 1 pink, a few white. To this day I have no idea what was in it but it killed my migraine (probably nearly killed me, but it worked)! Outside of that, the Relpax is my absolute go-to. I have a script for both the 40mg (small migraines) and 80mg."

bellajay (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've been taking Relpax since 2009. It has always taken away the migraine headache within about an hour of taking 40mg. For that, I'm grateful. What I've noticed is that WHEN I take it makes a big difference. If I take it at the first sign of a migraine, I always get a rebound headache the next day. I find that if I wait 12 hours, then take Relpax, the migraine goes away and doesn't rebound. If it ever does rebound, I have to just tough it out. I need to rest a lot after taking it or I'll get a rebound. And I have to take it with food. The one time I didn't gave me horrible nausea."

jojobaggins (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 2, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Not effective for me. I've been a migraine sufferer for 30 yrs and have relied mainly on Imitrex . My Neurologist has also been giving me BOTOX every 3 months for the past 6 yrs which has helped cut my attacks down immensely. However, he thought maybe I should try Relpax for those migraines I do get and it has not been helping me at all. My Imitrex 100 ( or generic) would usually rid me of a migraine as long as I took it within the first 15 or so minutes of onset. So , I guess I'll stick with what's worked for me."

Skyemom March 4, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This drug works exceptionally well for me. Within 2 hrs my migraine is gone. I've suffered for years and can't believe what a difference this medication makes in my quality of life."

RayFoi January 5, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I had tried sumatriptan and rizatriptan with no relief of my migraines. My headaches consisted of pain under my left eye, neck tenseness, stomach upset and of course headache. My doctor gave me a prescription for Relpax 40mg and a savings card. I had migraine relief for the first time ever! It works every time if I take it at the first sign of migraine and usually works even if I take it after the migraine has taken hold, although it's best if I can lay down and rest if my migraine has already started. Highly recommend it!!"

Moosehead63 January 5, 2017

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I've suffer with migraines for 30 yrs. 3 to 5 migraines a week. I've taken everything in the book. It works for a bit and after one to two years, either stops working or I develop an intolerance. This has been the best thing that came my way. It works 90-95% of the time. I rather deal with the side effects, than the big horrible monster (MIGRAINE). I'm able to work. It saddens me to say that I may have to stop taking it, due to some side effects;I'm dreading telling this to my Dr. about it. This might mean back to square one. I'm afraid of losing my job."

Rodriga (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Reload 20mg. Sometime the relief is 98% which is great. In other instances it works 70%. The discomfort is better than the migraine: although I'm afraid to tell my Dr because I'm scared he will take it away and this is the best thing I've had in a long long time. Discomfort: Tightness on the back of my neck, and shoulders, soreness inside my throat, mouth, face and around neck, as well as my legs and arms. Creating anxiety."

Rodriga (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This medication has worked very well. Better than any other medication I have tried and been on. I had a migraine this morning to the point I wanted to go to the er. And I took the medication and it worked with in half hour. And a full hour later I had no more migraine."

Jasonmiller (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I'm glad it works for most people - it most definitely did not work for me. My doctor warned me about feeling tingly but that wasn't all-I took it at night like I used to do with Imitrex.My migraine had progressed to the point of not being able to function, nausea-the usual. I woke up and felt groggy, probably shouldn't have gone into work and DRIVE my kids to school but, the pain was done, it was a good 12 hours since I had taken the medication so I figured I was OK. Boy was I wrong. I could not function, my brain was dead BUT the worst part was the uncontrollable sobbing. I was crying for no apparent reason, for HOURS- The whole day! I had to leave work and have my mom pick up my kids and take care of me-nausea lasted all day too. NOPE!"

Gina RDJ November 8, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax is an amazing medication that completely ceases my migraine pain, nausea and light sensitivity within an hour. I have luckily no side effects or groggy feelings. I read that it hasn't worked for some, my doctor told me if your headaches are cluster or other then this medication will have no affect and your headache will remain. :-("

Funkybandit (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have been getting migraines for 23 years, I'm 43 now. I get 3 -4 migraines per week. I used to take imetrex but that started to not so well. It usually took 60 to 90 min to work and I would always feel tired after taking it. I went to a neurologist and he started me on Relpax. What a difference! I have 80mg pills that I cut in half. Within 30min I am good as new. No major side effects for me which is great. I highly recommend giving it a try. I still get about 4 migraines a week but I can take 40mg and they go away. Now if I could only find a daily pill that would reduce the frequency of my migraines...."

Anonymous August 21, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Suffered w migraine headaches my entire life of 42 years. As of Nov '15 i was prescribed relpax and if taken as soon as migraine starts w a glass of water and 30-40 minute nap i feel brand new, however as miraculous as this medicine is, i can no longer afford it. Medical mystery pain such as migraine headaches shouldn't be made unaffordable. It's a shame..."

Jry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I take the 40 mg of Relpax as needed for migraines. I have had migraines for over a year now. I also take a daily preventive medicine so I feel like with the preventative medicine that if I need to take the Relpax it is very helpful. The only thing I do not like about it is that it tends to make my neck and jaw sore. But other than that it does it's job for me and get's rid of my migraines and hardly ever do I have to take 2 of them."

Whitney T (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I use to love this medication! I would take it and it took my migraine away within an hour. About a year ago I took it and my throat felt like it was closing up and my heart was racing. I tried taking it again and the same thing happen. I am very sad I can no longer take it because it worked great to relieve my throbbing migraine pain."

Health Warrior April 23, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Relpax 40 mg is my go-to medication when I have a bad migraine. I have tried almost all triptans, and this works best for me. If taken ASAP, it typically zaps my migraine within 60-90 mins. Relpax makes me feel spacey, “floaty” and tired so I usually take it and then lay down for a nap. The side effects disappear within an hour or two. This seems to be stronger than Imitrex (sumatriptan) or Maxalt (rizatriptan). Not sure if it is actually stronger or just works better for me. It is quite expensive, even with insurance."

mafzal89 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I have had migraines for over 20 years, I started using Relpax about a year ago and it works all the time and every time with a single 40 mg dose. This drug is a life saver, I only wish there was a preventative that worked along the same lines as Relplax. It is pricey but I really have no other options. I tried the generic but it did not work, I don't understand the science behind it but only the name brand Relpax works for me. I use generics for all of my other meds and they seem to work fine..... I guess."

RichF26 March 29, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Can't live without it! I have at least one migraine a month and this medication is always successful in bringing me relief. The side effect I experience is grogginess while it is taking effect, but once the medicine wears off, the fatigue is gone along with my migraine."

Z4HP (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I took Relpax today for the second time, took it once before. It has given me No relief what so ever and I'm experiencing the same side effects as the first time I took it. Before you wonder why I would take it a second time, I thought perhaps I had just been in so much pain before I would give it another go. I have severe back pain, numbness and tingling in my fingers and ringing in my ears. Also, the migraine seems to have gotten worse. Now my eye has so much pressure, it feels like it's bugging out of my face. I will NEVER take this drug again."

MICHELE HELTON February 28, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "Took this for the first time today for a migraine and it made me sooo sick to my stomach. Severe nausea and crampy stomach pain. Will not take this again."

Nichole Brittanie February 27, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "I'm 19 and have been suffering with migraines for about a year now. My GP advised me to try Relpax out as it was impacting my work life. I am on the 80mg dosage and it does work really well. I already suffer from photosensitivity and when a migraine hits, a simple phone light is unbearable. Within a couple of hours my added light sensitivity and nausea is gone and my head pains dulls down to a mild inconvenience. I am there rare case in which the side effects include jaw and neck pain. When I do take it my jaw feels like its ready to explode but after the 2 hour mark there is no more pain. I would recommend this to people who are suffers but just be weary of the side effects."

Lazzaraz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2016

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: "This is a miracle drug for me. Just wish I could take it during the day while at work. It also expensive as I have a high deductible so I am selective when I use it."

Sniffirg January 24, 2016