User Reviews for Eletriptan

Also known as: Relpax

Migraine 8.3

Reviews for Eletriptan

luz · Taken for 10 years or more June 28, 2020

For Migraine: “migraine since child all the time When I was 25 I gave up , went to the best 3 doctors on my city I used Relpax for 10 years, then suddenly didn't not work any longer. The batches were from 2019 Can somebody tell me if it was 2 bad batches of Relpax .. maybe was that? Well now I take propanolol and it is also more magical than Relpax. I do not get attacks any more, with propanolol at all. I also felt that relpax prolonged the attacks for 3 days , or made me way more sensitive to migraines. I felt that the last 3 years of taking it .. thanks God propanolol now works excellent with me”

sunangel · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 22, 2020

For Migraine: “I was getting migraines up to 4 times a week and the doctor prescribed this drug eletriptan to me. I have since found out that dairy was a big trigger for my migraines and when I cut that out my migraines went from 4 a week to maybe once a month. When I have a bad migraine I take one and within and hour my migraine is gone. I have no side effects from the medication”

Lizzygee · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 4, 2020

For Migraine: “Saved my life and career. I take Relpax at least twice a week and wouldn't be able to hold down a job without it. It's the only thing that works consistently. Side effects include a short nausea phase, sometimes joint and ear pain, sleepiness, and the need to pee. It also seems to make me more emotional/teary than usual. The side effects seem worse, the longer I leave it before taking medication. It's hard to know how many of these things are actually the Relpax and how many are the migraine itself. The relief and consistent performance are well worth the side effects for me. I just wish it came in larger packets (only 4 per packet) and wasn't so difficult to get. Also, I wish they'd score their 80mg tablets so we could halve them when the 40mg aren't available.”

Mikkie · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “The doctor recommended this over codeine (which worked for my migraines). I was absolutely the worst experience. Within 20 minutes tightness of my head, jaw and throat. Severe heart palpitations, sweating and agitation. I felt like I was either going to throw up or pass out and couldn’t sit up. I also felt heavy in the head. These feelings lasted for 3 hours. Never again will I take this medication.”

ally66 · Taken for 10 years or more February 24, 2020

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “I started getting migraine late around 47 yrs old. I thought it was sinus headache. Relpax is the only medicine I've ever taken going on 12 years now. I am able to function normally -side effects minimal for me. I have relpax at work, in the car-just in case. I can't imagine how I would be able to function without it. The drug company assists me with the cost-I am very thankful”

Kate · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 13, 2020

For Migraine: “I’ve been taking for about 2-3 years and I’ve never experienced any adverse side effects. It has been the ONLY thing to ever help my migraines! I went from about 3-4 migraines a week to about 2 and they go away pretty fast after taking the medication! It’s been a complete life saver! Love it”

Harlow · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 6, 2020

For Migraine: “I find this medication eletriptan to be quite helpful when I do get a migraine. I usually have to take the day off work or part of the day though. It's hard to do much but sleep for the first couple of hours after you take it, and the side effect really suck. I experience tightness in my jaw as well as neck and shoulders, and it makes me quite dizzy. It does a good job of getting rid of the migraine and it's better than most migraine medication I have tried.”

Pisceswithmigraine · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 4, 2020

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “Do the side effects (jaw pain, yawning, chest tightness that makes you feel like its hard to breathe, general out of it feeling/inability to focus) kinda suck? Yeah. Does it ALWAYS work? No. Can I drive or work after I take it? Not for a few hours. I work in healthcare though, if it was a job where patient's health/lives wasn't in my hands it would probably be fine. Is it worth taking when I have a migraine? 100% yes. I've tried a lot of different triptans and a couple non-triptan options. Currently this is the best for me. When it works, it works in about an hour and I'd much rather have the side effects than the nausea and pain from the migraine.”

KC December 16, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “This medication is not for me. I took it for my migraines about two months ago. I started sweating and got back and stomach pain. This time I took it and believe me when I say the pounding in my head is the better option. It has been over 24 hours and I can still barely use my left arm or take really deep breaths. The body pain including jaw, neck and shoulder pain was so intense I almost went to the emergency room. On the bright side the headache stopped.”

Cat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “I took Relpax the first time when I had a severe migraine about 6 months ago and it did help to some degree without any serious side effects. I was prescribed it again today.. and honestly I would rather have just had the migraine and taken pain killers and tried to sleep it off. I will never take it again. I felt dizzy, nauseated, out-of-it, muscles were sore and uncoordinated, my legs and head felt tingly and the roof of my mouth went numb. It was a horrible experience for me. Be wary before taking it - especially if you are on other medication that may enhance the effects of relpax especially SSRIs or narcotic pain relievers, all of which effect serotonin levels in the body. Not good at all, I almost took myself to hospital. I'm glad it works for most people though.”

Rick · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 2, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “I lived with migraines since childhood. The pain, as many know, is excruciating. My life and work was severely disrupted. I never thought to seek treatment...literally just lived with it thinking there was no other choice. It took a number of attempts but I finally found a dr who specialized in migraine, provided tremendous education...and gave me Relpax. For me, it was like a miracle. After 40 years of suffering with migraine and all the dread and misery that comes with them...I found help. I am so thankful and very grateful for this medicine. It stops migraines and I feel normal.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 10, 2019

For Migraine: “Eletriptan is currently my preferred triptan for treating migraine attacks. So far it worked really well. Within 2 or 3 hours all migraine symptoms are usually gone and this is awesome. A few times I took this in the middle of a full blown attack (way later than early onset) and it still worked fine. Side effects are very manageable - drowsiness within the first couple of hours and a feverish feeling. (I have a slight doubt about rebound. I seem to drag the migraine for a few days since I use Eletriptan. But it is very hard to prove that the drug is the culprit, and I might as well be experiencing recurrence or several attacks in a row.)”

Melpax · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 2, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “I've had migraines for over 20 years now. Nothing works perfectly or on its own for me but Relpax works consistently and seems to truly get rid of the migraine unlike imitrex. Sometimes my stomach gets upset or I get weird flu- aches with both 'triptans' its a walk in the park compared to the lost time to migraine pain. Relpax is very expensive but I actually use one of those apps that give you discounts without insurance and it was CHEAPER than insurance. Also, pill count is not restricted the same way. My Dr just have me a script and I filled 30 pills for less than $200 at a major grocery chain on the east coast! Do some leg work. It shouldn't be this hard but it's possible! Running out of pills is a great fear we all have - you don't have to...”

Kim · Taken for 10 years or more August 30, 2019

For Migraine: “I agree with all the Relpax lovers!! It’s the only thing that works. I’ve tried the generic from Teva, which did absolutely nothing. It’s getting very tough to find Relpax, especially with the recent recall of 2 lot numbers. My last 2 boxes were the bad lots, so they had to be returned. I hope Pfizer gets things back on track very soon. I only had 4 pills left and called every pharmacy in my little city, but they only had generics. My daughter in the northern Virginia area finally found a pharmacy with 6 tablets! She FedExed them to me. I should be good got the next month and a half, but am worried after that.”

Snappy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2019

For Migraine: “I have to take two eletriptan in order for it to work somewhat for my migraines, and that lasts less than five hours.”

Donkeymigraine · Taken for 10 years or more July 11, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “Could not live without Relpax I would be in bed 1/2 the month. I take it 5-8 times a month. Cost a ton but well worth it to live my life.”

MenstrualMigraine · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 6, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “This worked wonders for my migraines, which I get 1-2 times monthly. Unmedicated, they last 24 hrs, and I would spend about half of that time in bed in agony. With Relpax, the pain goes away within an hour. Sometimes it comes back and I take another Relpax tablet, and it goes away for good (until the next time around). There are no drowsy or nauseous side effects for me, and I no longer miss work or need to reschedule activities. This has SAVED ME!!”

Judi39 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 2, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “I took Relpax for migraines I did have to take an additional pain killer such as Tylenol with it. It did control my migraines. Some side effects were heart racing and a very rough sensation in my stomach almost like sand. It took the pain from my migraine away so I didn’t think twice about how my stomach felt. But with in a year I was in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer! All I’m saying is Relpax does work to take the excruciating migraine pain away but beware and consult your doctor about the side effects!”

Duchess · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 31, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “I've suffered with migraines for over 25 years and found nothing that could help. Since migraines were something my family had, I thought that it was an inherited issue so never spoke to my doctor about it. It was only when the migraines increased in intensity and frequency that I finally went to the doctor who immediately prescribed relpax. My life now is unbelievably different. I can actually plan to do things more knowing that I have a backup that works quickly. I'm a pensioner and am able to get the drug at the pension rebate.”

CR · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2019

For Migraine: “Eletriptan generic does not work at all, you may as well take nothing. I've taken the Relpax brand name for 20 years and it works if my migraine is caught early - but the generic does not lessen pain at all.”

D · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 1, 2019

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “I have gotten chronic headaches and migraines since I was 5. I’m 30 now, and 2 years ago I discovered relpax after my mother had it prescribed to her for her migraines. She’s been a chronic migraine sufferer for 50 years. Nothing has EVER worked for either of us in our entire lives until we tried relpax. I of course let my dr. know I found something that worked (I didn’t care if it wasn’t prescribed to me at first, if you get migraines, you know how desperate you are to try anything that will help) and my dr now prescribes it to me. This drug has been an absolute life changer for my mother and I. I no longer have to worry about not being able to work, take care of my son, and most of all, SUFFER! Because I know if I have one of these, I’ll be migraine free (or sometimes at least mostly migraine free) within less than 2 hours. I’ve never lived life this way before, every move I made prior was based on “if” I have a migraine or not. I am finally living free.”

Abby · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 31, 2019

For Migraine: “Terrible substitution for the real thing. I'm sick of generics that don't work and insurance companies who only think of there pockets!”

Gakmom January 10, 2019

For Migraine: “I have suffered from migraines for 24 years and had a physician prescribe Relpax back in 2014 and it was the only medication to work for me with zero side effects. Fast forward to today. There's a generic prescription on the market now, and my insurance will no longer cover the Brand name one so I tried it. It's the one made by Teva. It had not worked at all. I have taken 2 pills in 4 hrs and not even the slightest relief. I'm also on Fioricet and phenergan. I would rather pay the exorbitant amount of money for the Brand name drug than the $24 for the generic form. Sumatriptan works for me too but I get horrible side effects that are nearly as debilitating as the migraine so I only take it as a last resort. So far the generic Relpax has made me more nauseous, sleepy, and uncontrollably anxious. I would NOT recommend switching from brand to generic form of this drug. Plus, the packaging is very difficult to open which is even MORE irritating even you're in so much pain.”

Snowy · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 26, 2018

Relpax (eletriptan) for Migraine: “Relpax 40 mg is the most effective migraine medicine I have ever used. The generic eletriptan works fine also. I take one 40-mg tablet at the first onset of migraine, then take one additional tablet if my migraine is not gone in 1 hour. Over the years, I tried Imitrex injection (which made my migraine MUCH worse), ibuprofen (Motrin), and acetaminophen (Tylenol). Relpax beats all of these hands down. Without Relpax, there are many days that I would not be able to get out of bed. I do not have any side effects from this medicine. Thankful for this medicine.”

Anonymous November 14, 2018

For Migraine: “packaging is as important as the effect of eletriptan! I was stuck with the Generic brand of Relpax by GREENSTONE/NEVER AGAIN! Obviously they do NOT test there own packaging. WORST packaging on market. The blister card is made of HEAVY card stock impossible tear apart. Then the worst is thin foil backing you need "pick" to start to "peel" off to get to Pill. Out of THREE cards/18 blister packs ONE peeled off. Now try this with a full migraine/use your strength to tear apart. You pick of the foil only to have it glued down tight so it does not peel. You must carry a knife or scissors or an exacto tool to get the pill out. All the while you are blind, vomiting, exhausted and maybe bleeding from your nose! NOT GREENSTONE GENERIC RELPAX!”