User Reviews for Nytol to treat Insomnia

Nytol has an average rating of 3.5 out of 10 from a total of 68 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 25% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 71% reported a negative effect.

Nytol Rating Summary

3.5/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Nytol

C April 30, 2021

“I tried Nytol 50mg for the first time to ease insomnia but so far all it has done is keep me wide awake through the night with uncomfortable headache, dry mouth & throat, and leg pains. I should have just taken a chance with the usually three hours sleep. Taking Nytol is such a waste and a horrible experience.”

Kbert · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 21, 2020

“My friend recommended these said she had 2 and had the best night sleep ever... I've been struggling getting in to a sleep where I'm not thinking all the time. So thought I would try these... I'm normally in bed by 9 and in the thinking/worrying light sleep. So tonight again before 9 I've taken 2, its now 1am and I'm absolutely wide awake listening to both my husband and my dog in the deepest of sleeps. Both snoring husband grinding his teeth and swinging his legs. I honest can't believe just how awake I am. I have never been like this feel like I need to go out for a night on the town..... I dread the morning when I gotta go to work who knows when I will finally sleep.”

Wideawake · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2020

“It is now 0220 am, having taken a Nytol tablet at 2215. This is the sixth night I have taken one, so I have given it a good go. I started taking them because I wake frequently during the night and have restless legs, but the Nytol has made things worse. Tonight I haven't slept at all.”

Caz March 11, 2021

“Nytol.. Where do I begin. If I could give less than 1 I would. By far the worst thing I ever tried. I suffer from mild insomnia. Takes a long time for me to fall asleep and then wake most nights 3-4 times zapping in and out of light sleep. Decided to try these as my mum swears by them. Took an hour before bed as suggested. About 2 hours later, still awake, the restless legs started. Never suffered with this before. It lasted until 4.30am..never have I been so frustrated trying to sleep. Tried again the second night.. WORSE! waste of money don't bother.”

Sleepishell · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2021

“I have been using Nytol for 7 days and its has not worked at all. I suffer from chronic insomnia. Apparently this product is clinically proven to help sleep? Really??? I noticed nothing other than a fuzzy head and dry mouth and I have been awake all night the same as usual. Sick of people saying they have something that helps, when it is rubbish. The only thing that has worked for me have been prescription meds.”

Las · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2020

“I’m nothing if not fair, I tried Nytol twice and on both occasions I actually didn’t sleep at all either night. This is unusual for me, I at least get some sleep but literally on both occasions up all night. Have binned the rest of the pack. Useless product, waste of money, made my condition worse, if I could give a minus rating, I would.”

Debj September 5, 2020

“So awful! I never have an issue going to sleep - I just wake too early. I took these as I had a long journey the next day. I was awake till 3.50am really restless, and buzzing! Felt like I was wired on coffee! Woke feeling exhausted and just terrible! They have the opposite effect - I’m throwing the rest in the bin, and now have to drive for three hours feeling so awful!”

Neil March 23, 2021

“I took nytol for the first after months of a lack of sleep and always feeling tired. Worse thing I could have tried. Seems this acts as a stimulant for me cause I couldn’t sleep all night and was wide awake tossing and turning. Now I’m even more tired. Won’t be trying them again”

Anny · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

“I had been suffering from insomnia and restless legs so the Docor gave me a weeks course of sleeping tablets, which obviously worked brilliantly. When they were gone I went back to no sleep all night once again, so tried Nytol as a last resort. I have taken two an hour before I want to sleep, for two days now and they have absolutely done the trick, I'm surprised to be honest because most of the reviews are so poor! They make me feel relaxed then before I know it I'm asleep, its wonderful, I did have a slight headache the next day, but no dry mouth and only very minor drowsiness in the morning. I highly recommend them, and I'm so glad to have found something that works.”

EDD · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2021

“First off I read the instructions on the box which says 2 things! Firstly you can take one an hour before you go to bed (mistake) as it won't work that fast and your even more awake cause your waiting for the effects!! Now the second point they make is much more advisable where you take one probably around I would say 6pm as it gives your body much more time to acclimatize to the product. For me I only took one just before I went to bed but it's much more a delayed reaction so I found that I was quite groggy the next day (mistake). So it definitely works and I had a few funny dreams but who cares? Probably try not to lay in bed too much when night becomes day and get your self into a good pattern as you will be trying to over compensate with nytol”

Joanna · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2021

“I have trouble falling asleep. Took this medication as recommended by pharmacy. Had terrible side effects. It made me feel like throwing up, gave me horrific nightmares, made my hands feel numb, I was left disorientated and genuinely had me thinking that life was over. Maybe it works for other people, but for me was more harmful.”

Levi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 25, 2020

“I take Nytol on nights I really can't get to sleep. My experience is that they don't work very fast, but when they do I sleep pretty soundly. Unfortunately, the result in the morning is that I feel like I have a hangover, and I often sleep through my alarms.”

Cyp · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2021

“Have trouble getting to sleep and then wake and can’t get back to sleep. Tried Nytol, followed the instructions exactly and am wide awake at 3am, having gone to bed at 11 and not been able to sleep. Worse off than when I don’t take anything. Complete waste of money!”

Bluebell · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2020

“I bought these Nytol from Boots and the man behind the counter the pharmacist didn't even ask me any questions. They do work but I have anxiety and a history of panic attacks. These made me panic because I was going off to sleep but because I knew it was from the tablet I panicked and felt out of control. I felt shaky and had two panic attacks. These make you feel very strange in a way that isn't nice. That normal internal chatter you have in your head is cut off so you are relaxed but feel disconnected with yourself they make you feel drowsy and not alert. Also gave me diarrhea. So overall horrible experience.”

Sue · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

“I took the tablets at 11pm and am typing this at 3.19am. They seem to have had the opposite effect on me and are keeping me awake. It usually takes me about an hour to get off to sleep, and then I'm up several times in the night, so I thought I would give them a go, but I'm wide awake and feel absolutely alert. Needless to say, I won't be taking any more of them.”

Leo · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2020

“Worked well for me . You have to be tired anyway , so get some exercise , cut some caffeine , and take a nytol. Maybe they won’t knock you out like a Valium or other , but they give you a gentle push in the right direction. Once you get to sleep you remain asleep . Well I did anyway .”

Manz · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

“I usually takes prescribed medication from the GP, due to constant pain. On asking for medication to sleep from the Doctor she recommended Nytol - got the absolute best nights sleep the first in a long long time of never ending sleepless nights. I think you have to believe the meds is going to work for it to work. I read the reviews about the product being useless. I totally disagree Nytol Blue suits me fine.”

Gcol · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2021

“Am so disappointed that it is not working. I took a full capful of Nytol caramel flavoured liquid and feel wide awake and restless. Usually I can lie awake quietly listening to my husband snoring but tonight I tossed and turned so much that I woke him... quite an achievement. Don't waste your money. Take a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit to bed instead!”

Pongo · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2020

“Absolutely useless - did not help insomnia at all. All I got were nightmares / vivid dreams. Nytol blankly refused to refund cost - their attitude was every one reacts differently. No wonder drug companies make money !”

D R · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

“Absolutely useless I took 2 Nytol and I was up all night then I have every single side effect I still have a headache 12 hours after I will not be taking them again be very wary with these tablets they make you stay awake all night xanex and diazepam are the best to get to sleep”

Lucky · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

“Have been taking Nytol for 2 weeks now since severe flu knocked my sleep pattern out, having no effect at all, it is absolute rubbish. Don't make me feel sleepy at all, if anything the opposite - spend many hours awake staring at the clock! Have tried taking one early in the evening and one before bed as advised still doesn't work... Oh and they smell funny and taste even worse, they are going in the bin waste of money.”

Knack April 9, 2021

“I have just about tried every potion, lotion & tablet to find a cure for my insomnia. Nytol was probably my last hope. I paid £11.99 for a bottle at my local pharmacy, I can honestly say it's £11.99 wasted. Utterly useless I would have been better off with a glass of hot milk. I'm typing this at 4.am after yet another sleepless night. I've now given up and just accepted the fact that I will never get a decent nights sleep.”

Twinkle · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

“Don’t work at all. Have used ambien and zopiclone in the past to good effect but wanted something more natural but these had no effect whatsoever. Total waste of money and time and now can’t take anything else tonight as this is in my system! Would have been better to take one of the others in the first place.”

caramelbiscuit · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2021

“When taking Nytol I experienced a lot of drowsiness and got to sleep fairly quickly however it seems to "wear off" and cause me to wake up in the middle of the night every time I have taken it. It also seems to cause tiredness in the day. I wouldn't take this again”

John wickes October 31, 2020

“Basically Nytol didn't work and had the opposite effect by keeping me awake but I had a weird reaction too as it made me feel fairly sick while I was lying in my bed and that happened both times I took it. So it's into the bin with these tablets. I would be very cautious about taking this product as most of the reviews are bad.”

Learn more about Insomnia