User Reviews for Arthrotec

Rheumatoid Arthritis 8.1
Summary of Arthrotec reviews 8.5 41 reviews

Reviews for Arthrotec

Robbear · Taken for 10 years or more July 30, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have had problems with my back for decades. Now, at 73, the challenges are worse. The family doctor says my whole back is degenerating (arthritis and compressed discs primarily). I have used Arthrotec in the past (at 50 mg. or 75 mg.). I got away from it when I developed chronic kidney disease. My family doctor has me on Tylenol Arthritis (the maximum amount I can take). I've been taking that for a while, but now I'm getting breakthrough pain. My kidney specialist said Arthrotec would be ideal for breakthrough, but no more than one tablet a day. It all works. I am very happy with the results.”

DR · Taken for 10 years or more October 29, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been on Arthrotec 50mg three times daily for 25 years. I have never experienced any of the negative symptoms some other reviewers have mentioned. I have severe osteoarthritis. It is especially severe in my spine. As a result I have had numerous surgeries, fusions etc. each time before and following surgery I am told to stop taking Arthrotec for an extended time. Two weeks ago I had cervical spine surgery, so no arthrotec. Today I can hardly walk up and down stairs or get out of a chair! I am 77 yrs old and in good health. I weigh only 117 so it is not my weight that is holding me back. For me Arthrotec is a firm 10!”

Ashleigh · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Two 50 mg daily. Usually knocks the pain level back to manageable. Without it I would be miserable with a poor quality of life . Generic did not work for me.”

Thriftyboy · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been diagnosed with RA and X-rays also show degenerated disk disease. I usually take Celebrex, but when my back flares up I go to the one and only Arthrotec 50 mg / twice a day. I can actually get back on the treadmill again. The only medication that loosens up my back. A wonder drug!”

11Q11 May 26, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Suffering from RA, Osteo, Fibro, and Sjogrens. Diagnosed at 41, am now 53. On Enbrel and Arthrotec75. This combination works very well for me, I still have pain but it is manageable. I tried to do generic arthrotec but it did not work. I usually take one tab before bed. If I am going to be very active, I will take one on the morning as well, but that is rare. The gas and stomach upset is expected along with feeling very hungry, and I do have bathroom issues from it. I have lost weight while taking this. I believe a lot of inflammation stems from the digestive track and when it is emptied I suffer a lot less. I will watch my kidneys, but as for this med I love it and the pros outweigh the cons.”

Laura · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “After taking two 50mg doses am and pm I am having to sit up in bed hoping that the gas and stomach upset will pass so I can get some sleep. I did notice some pain relief but I won't take it again due to the stomach upset.”

FLAP · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 1, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I have Multiple sclerosis (MS) AND severe arthritis. The pain of arthritis is difficult sometimes to define from the other pain effects. If I fall, which is often, that pain is much worse. Lately, I was stupid so I increased the Arthrotec, after having frequent falls and finding the pain too much. Because of the higher dose, now I have edema (swelling) in my legs, and feet. I must start weaning back to a lesser dose since edema may not be likely, but it IS listed as a possibility. Even with my MS, I never had edema. I have to wing it from here. I'd rather have pain from ages-present arthritis, than edema because I stupidly thought a rather low dose would be a good thing to increase without considering the cost of really bad side effects. Lesson to take away: leave the dosing to your doctor and don't play at being a know-it-all because that never, ever works.”

06Honda June 2, 2017

For Sciatica: “Started taking this medication about a week ago for Sciatica related pain, I had L5-L6 back surgery 10 years ago and get flare ups of pain from post surgery. It has helped the pain a fair bit, I still feel the right buttock pain when driving my car but other types of sittings is much better. The side effects are not so good, ablot of bloating. I feel like I have a balloon in my tummy; upset stomach; light headed and dizzy. With having vertigo in the past its hard to tell if is Vertigo or the medication. Doctor wanted me to try it for 2 weeks but will go see him today after 1 week and have a chat with him about it. My dosage is 2 pills per day with food 50MG. I will ask if taking 1 per day may be and idea and who knows it may be enough?”

SySa November 19, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been on Arthrotec for 23 yrs now and can not recommend it for everyone but for me it was a life saver. I have RA and went threw many back surgeries (7) to repair degenerated disks. For a year I was in a wheel chair unable to walk and never left the house. MANY doctors told me that I had to resolve myself to living a life of a person who only has limited mobility. My intern a young man right out of med school recommended this. In the last 23 years I have lived a full and VERY active life and could keep up with a 35yr old (im 77 now). It saved my life , I could not live without it, I am active, travel, have sex and do anything I could (almost) when I was 50. For me it is wonder drug...”

Thatsnotmyrealname July 3, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This drug has put my mom into kidney failure as she was on it for several years. I strongly caution anyone using this for extended periods.”

MChel June 6, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have had RA for 6 yrs. Recently I changed Docs, and he suggested Arthrotec as it was discovered I have early onset OA as well, I needed something else besides Metho and Humira. Let me say, Arthrotec is AMAZING, I hadn't felt so good in years! I am 35 yrs old and I was able to play with my kids, run around which I haven't been able to do. All was great until I ended up in the ER. I thought I was having a heart attack. Luckily it was not but it was an Ulcer. At least I had a little time with my kids.”

Dave D17 October 1, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I recently switched from Celebrex to Arthroc. Although my stomach has been very upset most days, the pain in my shoulders, hips and knee has been greatly reduced. Also, I have gained considerable mobility in the range of motion in my leg/knee.”

cuddles1961 May 5, 2015

For Sciatica: “I have suffered with sciatica for 3 years and now have pain in my right foot along the arch. I took this medication when I was first diagnosed and it did nothing to relieve the pain. I decided to give it another shot last week because of the foot pain and it started helping right away with both issues. The only problem I have is I am bloated and feel like I have gained 10lbs! This is a huge bummer since I am also on a weight loss plan! But I will keep taking it for now.”

not sure what to do · Taken for 10 years or more July 7, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Arthrotec for 25 years and gradually have had to increase to get the same relief. I was taking 75 mg two times a day. My concern at this time is that my Kidneys have been slowly deteriorating over time and I did not even notice it until my doctor called me yesterday after some blood work and asked me to stop taking it. I am having blood work again Monday and I already know that my Kidneys are working better. It is a tough call because the pain is coming back full force. I also have Fibromyalgia and type 2 diabetes and other issues. I wish there was a way to find relief from pain without medicines and if you had asked me a week ago I would have told you that I would be hooked on Arthrotec and could not imagine life without it.”

Rita011 June 26, 2013

“I have been taking Arthrotec for two days now. I feel a lot better. Today I can walk, stand up and sit. The only problem is it makes me feel hungry all day. Its like I haven't eaten even though I did 10 minutes ago.”

Jimmyk2013 March 3, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: “I was prescribed Arthrotec 75/0.2MG. I had spinal surgery on L5 in 2001 by an orthopedist and in 2009 on same disc by a neurosurgeon. In 2009, I took a long time to recover. Also, I am suffering from degenerative disc disease on S1 to the point of self fusion (a good thing as it stabilized my lower back). In 2009, I was prescribed Arthrotec 75 / 0.2MG I found this to be a miracle. I only take it as needed and only when it wears off. Once a week or as needed. FANTASTIC results! It takes years off my body. I am 62.”

kaki_peach · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: “Just started taking Arthotec, but I can tell a difference already. I have less pain. I also feel very hungry and nauseous. I've had a little dizziness too.”

Judy's · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been living with 4 swollen fingers on my right hand (my dominant hand) and have trouble sleeping with pain in both hips and shoulders. At 49 I feel far too young for arthritis, but sometimes life is not fair. Dr prescribed Arthrotec yesterday. 2 pills in and I can hold a pen, type and slept like a baby last night! I'll take the queasy stomach and gas if it means I'm not cranky because of poor sleep and constant pain!”

Falcongal · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: “I am 73 and just found out I have torn ligaments, tendonitis and arthritis in both wrists. For about a year now I have had stabbing pains in my wrists and hands. After taking three Arthrotec 50 my pain is gone. But, I also have a gastric problem with reflux and for the last two nights have had extreme bloating and reflux. I took the fifth tablet this evening. It is so bad tonight that I have to stay awake. I can not go to sleep, even while sitting up in a chair for fear of having the reflux again. I have had the reflux two times already tonight when I dosed off. So I am here now typing this at 4:30 AM so I do not fall asleep again. The Arthrotec works, but I can not take any more of them.”

nomorepaininleg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 19, 2012

For Sciatica: “I was prescribed Arthrotec 8 months ago for a bulging L5S1 disc that was causing me excruciating sciatica pain. At the time, the Arthrotec did nothing for the pain which led to me getting 2 epidural steroid injections. Those two did not work, and I haven't been taking any medicine and instead working on controlling my stress levels which seems to have helped. In the past 2 weeks, the sciatica has flared up really bad to the point that I can't sit or stand for any length of time. In desperation I took the Arthrotec to see if it would knock down the pain and BOOM- I seriously felt like a new person. I don't know why this didn't work for me the first time, but now it is working perfectly. It's a miracle in my mind.”

Herryyyy · Taken for 10 years or more December 12, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been taking this for 12 yrs , made a big differences in my life. Tried every medicine and none had the same effect. Take two pills a day, 3 upsets my stomach. Without this I would be bedridden.”

EDWYN · Taken for 10 years or more November 11, 2012

“I have been on Arthrotec for 12 yrs now. For me it was a life saver. I fractured 11 vertebra , both shoulders, both legs, bother arms-and had multiple surgery's. This medicine was like no other I had tried before. It allowed me to regain some type of life. ”

ldmf · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been in pain for years and have been on Cymbalta, gabapentin and Tylenol 3 for 2 and a half years. I suffer from arthritis and herniated discs, degenerative disc disease. Yesterday my doctor put me on Arthrotec 50mg. It made me sick to my stomach but my pain was mostly gone. I could actually put on a pair of pants and socks without my hips and back hurting. I'm 34 and hope to live a long life and being in pain everyday was making me depressed. I think there is hope. So far so good with Arthrotec.”

Windblown March 19, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: “I have osteoarthrititis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and sciatica and have tried many other pain medicines with Celebrix being the last. I am taking Arthrotec 50mg 3x a day and by the second day I was very pleased with the results. My pain has lessened from a 7-8 down to a 2-4 level. I have Vicodin as a stand by and haven't taken any this past month, I went from taking 1 to 3 a day to none, that is a good thing!!”

Anonymous January 1, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: “For people suffering from inflammation this medication is amazing! After 2 days my pain was gone, no long term regimen. I've suggested this medicine to many people. ”