User Reviews for Arthrotec to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Arthrotec has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 80% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Arthrotec Rating Summary

8.1/10 average rating

Compare all 306 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Arthrotec

Judy's · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2013

“I have been living with 4 swollen fingers on my right hand (my dominant hand) and have trouble sleeping with pain in both hips and shoulders. At 49 I feel far too young for arthritis, but sometimes life is not fair. Dr prescribed Arthrotec yesterday. 2 pills in and I can hold a pen, type and slept like a baby last night! I'll take the queasy stomach and gas if it means I'm not cranky because of poor sleep and constant pain!”

Dave D17 October 1, 2015

“I recently switched from Celebrex to Arthroc. Although my stomach has been very upset most days, the pain in my shoulders, hips and knee has been greatly reduced. Also, I have gained considerable mobility in the range of motion in my leg/knee.”

Anonymous November 3, 2008

“I started taking it twice a day and have seen an improvement. I can count on one hand the times I've had to take pain medicines since I've started taking Arthrotec. I'm anxious to see how I do next time the weather changes. Now I want to get of the Lyrica that I've been taking for over a year.”

calicocat June 27, 2009

“I was on Arthrotec for about 2 years and found it to be a great drug, but now have had to go off it because of risk of kidney damage and cannot take any more NSAIDs. I have been put on Plaquenil and while waiting for it to kick in, have also been put on Prednisone, which has helped tremendously. Hope the Plaquenil will soon work so I can get off the Prednisone.”

MChel June 6, 2016

“I have had RA for 6 yrs. Recently I changed Docs, and he suggested Arthrotec as it was discovered I have early onset OA as well, I needed something else besides Metho and Humira. Let me say, Arthrotec is AMAZING, I hadn't felt so good in years! I am 35 yrs old and I was able to play with my kids, run around which I haven't been able to do. All was great until I ended up in the ER. I thought I was having a heart attack. Luckily it was not but it was an Ulcer. At least I had a little time with my kids.”

Thriftyboy · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2018

“I have been diagnosed with RA and X-rays also show degenerated disk disease. I usually take Celebrex, but when my back flares up I go to the one and only Arthrotec 50 mg / twice a day. I can actually get back on the treadmill again. The only medication that loosens up my back. A wonder drug!”

11Q11 May 26, 2018

“Suffering from RA, Osteo, Fibro, and Sjogrens. Diagnosed at 41, am now 53. On Enbrel and Arthrotec75. This combination works very well for me, I still have pain but it is manageable. I tried to do generic arthrotec but it did not work. I usually take one tab before bed. If I am going to be very active, I will take one on the morning as well, but that is rare. The gas and stomach upset is expected along with feeling very hungry, and I do have bathroom issues from it. I have lost weight while taking this. I believe a lot of inflammation stems from the digestive track and when it is emptied I suffer a lot less. I will watch my kidneys, but as for this med I love it and the pros outweigh the cons.”

Herryyyy · Taken for 10 years or more December 12, 2012

“I have been taking this for 12 yrs , made a big differences in my life. Tried every medicine and none had the same effect. Take two pills a day, 3 upsets my stomach. Without this I would be bedridden.”

lilcrow April 28, 2008

“Can't live without it.”

Ashleigh · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2019

“Two 50 mg daily. Usually knocks the pain level back to manageable. Without it I would be miserable with a poor quality of life . Generic did not work for me.”

Thatsnotmyrealname July 3, 2016

“This drug has put my mom into kidney failure as she was on it for several years. I strongly caution anyone using this for extended periods.”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis