User Reviews for Dextromethorphan / promethazine to treat Cough

Also known as: Promethazine DM

Dextromethorphan / promethazine has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Cough. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Dextromethorphan/promethazine Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 416 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan / promethazine

Nanaof12 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2021

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “Promethazine DM has not helped my cough ONE bit! Others said it made them sleepy. It hasn’t helped me like that at all. If I could ONLY get some sleep it would be nice. No this medication has not helped one bit. The over the counter cough syrup works just as good if not better than this. I sure was hoping it would give me some relief!”

Boo Bear · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2020

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “Promethazine DM is the only stuff that helps when I get my bronchitis flare-ups. Everything works on everyone in different ways. But this stuff help suppress my cough and helps with the pain because of coughing so hard.”

Lauryn Deane · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2016

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “I had a really bad cough that came along with a sinus infection and pharyngitis(whatever that is) and this didn't help one bit. Didn't help me sleep or take the edge off the cough. It smelled like pineapple/tropical fruit but tasted like floor cleaner smells.”

Krista L. · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2017

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “Had severe bronchitis and non stop cough for over 2 weeks. It hurt to cough. As soon as I started feeling bad and getting worse as the day wore on, I saw my primary care doctor. He put me on the Promethazine-DM 6.25- 15mg cough syrup. Helped me tremendously. I'm on my last refill.”

Theresa l December 26, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “So far this medicine is working a little, but I've only been on it for 1 day, I need to get it more time so really can't comment on it. My bronchitis is making me cough a lot, so I hope this stuff works.”

Jinheaven August 6, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “It knocked me out.”

Netted · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “it helps me”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “It knocked me out but it works”

Sickly1365247 · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2016

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “It didn't help with my cough or sleep like the Nurse said. I had better results with OTC meds.”

JR · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2019

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “Been using this for three days now and hasn't help me stop coughing or sleep yet. Going to try one more night thenI plan to go back to dr. Coughing at night and trying to sleep doesn't work.”

Bella August 19, 2020

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “Did not help my cough at all. It made me very drowsy, but still couldn’t sleep because of coughing fits.”

very gassy · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2016

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “Work, but it's giving me a lot of gas”

Patty May 8, 2019

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “Right after I took Promethazine DM I felt as though I was going to pass out. Started walking sideways so went right to bed. I guess it's OK if you're able to sleep all day. No thanks.”

Alice · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “It has not worked at all. I am up all night and all day still coughing”

Big Mel · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

“This combo dextromethorphan/promethazine finally quieted my cough and allowed me to start getting some sleep.”

Jeanine · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2018

“It worked for me. I was finally able to stop coughing and get some sleep.”

mike · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2021

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine): “DR put me on 5ml every 6 hours and it worked for exactly 4 hours, but it helped me sleep and stopped the coughing for 4 hours but it finally stopped the cough so I could sleep longer.”

Learn more about Cough