User Reviews for Dextromethorphan / promethazine

Also known as: Promethazine DM

Dextromethorphan / promethazine has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Cough
5.5
Cold Symptoms
10.0
Summary of Dextromethorphan / promethazine reviews 5.8 17 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan / promethazine

Nanaof12 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2021

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “Promethazine DM has not helped my cough ONE bit! Others said it made them sleepy. It hasn’t helped me like that at all. If I could ONLY get some sleep it would be nice. No this medication has not helped one bit. The over the counter cough syrup works just as good if not better than this. I sure was hoping it would give me some relief!”

Boo Bear · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2020

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “Promethazine DM is the only stuff that helps when I get my bronchitis flare-ups. Everything works on everyone in different ways. But this stuff help suppress my cough and helps with the pain because of coughing so hard.”

Bella August 19, 2020

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “Did not help my cough at all. It made me very drowsy, but still couldn’t sleep because of coughing fits.”

Krista L. · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2017

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “Had severe bronchitis and non stop cough for over 2 weeks. It hurt to cough. As soon as I started feeling bad and getting worse as the day wore on, I saw my primary care doctor. He put me on the Promethazine-DM 6.25- 15mg cough syrup. Helped me tremendously. I'm on my last refill.”

Lauryn Deane · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2016

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “I had a really bad cough that came along with a sinus infection and pharyngitis(whatever that is) and this didn't help one bit. Didn't help me sleep or take the edge off the cough. It smelled like pineapple/tropical fruit but tasted like floor cleaner smells.”

Theresa l December 26, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “So far this medicine is working a little, but I've only been on it for 1 day, I need to get it more time so really can't comment on it. My bronchitis is making me cough a lot, so I hope this stuff works.”

Jinheaven August 6, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “It knocked me out.”

Netted · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “it helps me”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2015

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “It knocked me out but it works”

Tlcg · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2016

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cold Symptoms: “Great stuff! Knocked me out and is helping with cough...”

Sickly1365247 · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2016

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “It didn't help with my cough or sleep like the Nurse said. I had better results with OTC meds.”

JR · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2019

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “Been using this for three days now and hasn't help me stop coughing or sleep yet. Going to try one more night thenI plan to go back to dr. Coughing at night and trying to sleep doesn't work.”

very gassy · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2016

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “Work, but it's giving me a lot of gas”

Patty May 8, 2019

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “Right after I took Promethazine DM I felt as though I was going to pass out. Started walking sideways so went right to bed. I guess it's OK if you're able to sleep all day. No thanks.”

Alice · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine) for Cough: “It has not worked at all. I am up all night and all day still coughing”

Big Mel · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

For Cough: “This combo dextromethorphan/promethazine finally quieted my cough and allowed me to start getting some sleep.”

Jeanine · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2018

For Cough: “It worked for me. I was finally able to stop coughing and get some sleep.”