User Reviews for Kapidex to treat GERD

Kapidex has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of GERD. 76% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 12% reported a negative effect.

Kapidex Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 110 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

Reviews for Kapidex

catfish32 April 4, 2009

“I currently have been diagnosised with GERD, chronic gastritis, and esophagitis. I have been taking 2 Protonix 40 mg a for 2 years and started taking Zantac 150 mg twice a day work 2 months now. That is 4 pills daily. My Gastroenterologist put me on Kapidex for a month now. I have not had any problems so far. I cannot see inside my body to see if it works but hey if it can take me from 4 pills a day to only 1 I will take it. The only thing is the cost.”

Anonymous May 18, 2009

“After finally getting around to reading about the possible side effects, I now know why I am having a major acne breakout, also nausea and very loose stools. I don't know what else I can do, but this medicine is not for me.”

Anonymous June 15, 2009

“I was diagnosed with severe GERD and Barrett's Disease several months ago. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work until now. Kapidex has been amazing. I have had no side-effects and at my last gastroscope, everything was looking A LOT better. Kapidex, along with following GERD food guidelines has made me feel 100% better.”

Anonymous November 28, 2009

“I was taking 2 Prevacid every day for really bad heartburn. My doctor switched me to Nexium and I still found myself taking 2 pills a day to avoid waking up at night with a horrible taste in my mouth and pain in my chest. Next, my doctor told me to try Kapidex and she said I would only have to take it once a day. I didn't believe her until I tried it. I didn't wake up at night wanting another heartburn pill! It works so much better than Nexium and Prevacid and my doctor told me those two were the best. My doctor and I now think Kapidex is the best.”

latina44 March 22, 2010

“It is my first day on Kapidex and I must say I have never felt better. I have been on Nexium and Aciphex with side effects. It is just my first day so I can't say I won't have side effects but I have had a completely normal day and I forgot what it felt like to feel normal. Right now, today, life is very good.”

MattR84 October 26, 2009

“I suffer from migraines, and although this drug significantly reduced my acid, it seemed to trigger my migraines for four consecutive days. I am disappointed that I had to get off it, am trying Prilosec now.”

Anonymous May 23, 2010

“Have taken Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec up to 2 times a day along with having taken Tagamet, Zantac in between with up to 15 tums a day and still daily severe burning and pain in chest. Then took this pill. Now it's the only thing I take and no more pain. Its great, no side effects noted yet.”

Anonymous March 7, 2010

“I have had severe GERD for over 11 years and have taken prescription Prilosec and it worked great. However, all of a sudden it stopped working and I was miserable and couldn't sleep, eat, or think about anything other than how much my stomach and esophagus hurt. The doctor prescribed Kapidex and the GERD totally went away; however terrible intestinal pain, gas, and watery loose stools began. I tried for 2 weeks in hopes the side effects would go away but they didn't so now I am back to Prilosec and pain but at least I can leave the bathroom.”

Anonymous November 1, 2009

“While taking Kapidex I had severe itching all over my body. Palms of my hands, ears, throat and groin area.I was completely miserable while on this medication. As far as for helping my GERD I had to take OTC Prilosec along with the Kapidex to completely get rid of the GERD. This is not for me.”

Anonymous May 11, 2010

“Great medicine, I find it works best when I take it everyday around the same time. Also, I went to the Kapidex website, registered there and got a coupon for $25 for 30. I'll gladly pay $25 per month for the relief this medicine brings.”

mazzz March 11, 2010

“Was given this to substitute for Protonix due to insurance conflicts and price. This works better than anything before as long as you keep it regular in your system. I have only experienced minor side effects while on it thus far, including minor cramps, loose stools and an occasional rash on my neck or face (which is common).”

Anonymous December 20, 2009

“I took this medicine for 2 months. It took the heartburn completely away, however, I did have loose stool for a while but it went away. The only thing is when I went to get my 3rd bottle, the pharmacist said my doctor would have to call my insurance and have them override that I could take more than 60 a year...strange. I haven't done it yet because that just don't sound right to me. My heartburn is worse now before taking the medicine and have to take something over the counter for it then it comes right back.”

Anonymous June 9, 2010

“Kapidex has been the best drug I've been on for GERD. I can eat pretty much all foods now and not deal with chest tightness or nausea that comes with having a hiatial hernia and GERD. I would give this medicine a 10, but the side effects....They are not major or bad, but they are there. Since taking the medicine I haven't had diarrhea, but have been constipated on some days. I have had the stomach pains which feel like really bad cramps. But, the worst has been I'm now recovering from a common cold which is a side effect. I wasn't around anyone sick and my allergies are over, so I pinpointed the medicines. Other than that, great medicine!”

flocat62 June 10, 2009

“I had a severe allergic reaction to this medication. Hives on the trunk of my body. The palms of my hands and the soles of my feet had severe itching. The itching was also in my throat and ears.”

Edgar Rosero April 13, 2009

“Definitely I recommend Kapidex. My digestion is normal and my life have been improved. Nexium works for me but too slow.”

Anonymous July 20, 2009

“Kapidex has worked better than Nexium, Protonix, Zegerid, Prevacid, and Aciphex in controlling my GERD symptoms. It is great because you only take one per day.”

Anonymous August 23, 2009

“3 months of Protonix did nothing, after taking Kapidex, I noticed improvement within 2 weeks and most symptoms gone after 5 weeks.”

TomAA June 8, 2009

“This seems to work as well as Nexium 40MG. Actually no reflux so far with this product. Very happy. Only downside is Medicare codes it tier 3, high copay.”

Anonymous December 1, 2009

“Doctor gave me this drug saying that it will help for ulcer, it did not help, pain is still unbearable, but I do not have reflux, which makes it a little bit better.”

Anonymous March 12, 2010

“Great medicine. No side effects. The price is high but if it works I will take it.”