User Reviews for Dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: 12 Hour Cold, Acticon, Conex, Desihist SA, Dexaphen SA, Dexophed, Disobrom, Disophrol, Dixaphedrine, Drexophed SR, Drixomed, Drixoral Cold and Allergy, Duomine, Pharmadrine

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Dexbrompheniramine/pseudoephedrine.

Cold Symptoms

Sinus Symptoms

Nasal Congestion
9.9

Allergic Rhinitis
9.9

Summary of Dexbrompheniramine/pseudoephedrine reviews 10.0 54 reviews

Reviews for Dexbrompheniramine/pseudoephedrine

For Cold Symptoms: "I have long suffered with horrible congestion and mucus overdrive of colds. Too many countless sleepless nights of tossing and turning! This nasal spray (Drixoral) has seriously changed how I face or sleep through a cold. I recommend it, for everyone, who has trouble resting or doing daily activities, due to congestion. This is the first "drug," I have ever felt really work. Can't live without it!"

Alex E. September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I was addicted to Afrin big time back in the 60's and 70's, used privine and neosynephrine to get off the afrin within a few days. But the first time it was drixoral that got me off the afrin, worked immediately and fast, in 6 days I had forgotten all about Afrin and drixoral. Here is the story, Drixoral is a combo of dexbrompheniramine antihistamine, and pseudoephedrine decongestant. pseudophedrine was replaced by phenylephrine which simply does not work. because pseudoephedrine can be used to make speed. But it is still available at all drug stores if you ask and sign for it. dexbrompheniramine was removed from the market for reasons of safety. It's not coming back, but most of the newer 2nd generation antihistamines should work fine."

HomerSmith2 February 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've tried everything for my allergies since they get so bad from where I live. A friend of mine gave me Drixoral to try and it did magic. Not one sign of allergies the next day! It does make me drowsy so I take it at night and wake up with no symptoms. Sometimes even during the day I'll still be drowsy so I tried to cut the pill in half so it wouldn't be too strong for me but that was impossible."

Yanna (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion: "One more longtime user who's in a panic now that Drixoral isn't even available in Canada. Allergy shots haven't worked; only Drixoral helps me breathe. Without a nightly pill, I can barely wake up in the morning because I'm so congested. Please bring it back or let someone else license it cheaply, even if it's Rx only. By the way, the reviewer below who said it was addictive and damaged her nasal passages appears to have been using Drixoral nasal spray - a totally different formula."

California1228 July 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Cold Symptoms: "I was out of options. Blowing my nose every five minutes and not being able to breathe. I tried saline spray but 2 minutes after it was to do all over again. I went to the pharmacy and asked what could I do because I was tired of not sleeping and not breathing and I was loosing my patience when it came to eating because I got so irritated of losing my breath. She said use drixoral and instantly!! It worked! I highly recommend it"

Sabby-doo (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Drixoral worked. Nothing in the drug store works like drixoral did. I'm tired of trying different brands to find what works because nothing does. If there is such a demand for it to come back then bring it back in its original potency but have it be prescription only PLUS patients must have a documented chronic sinus condition"

Needmorepoppins March 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Best medicine I ever use for my allergies but I can't find it here on the market"

Hartwell7 March 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "ABSOLUTE WORST DRUG!!! Never use this drug it is extremely addictive! I was addicted to it for two years. Having to use it every 2-3 hours! I was misdiagnosed with allergies because it this drug! This drug tricked my immune system into thinking I had allergies! It also damaged the inside of my nose and nasal cavity! This is not a drug that should ever be sold over the counter! I don't even think it should be sold at all and if it does it should only be available my doctor prescription! This is an awful drug! I am off the drug 6 weeks thanks to the help of a absolutely fantastic allergist! I haven't been tested twice for allergies and both tests have come back negative proving that this drug is the reason for causing the problems!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I had sinus congestion often while growing up. This continued even as an adult. In the late 80's I tried Drixoral. My sinus congestion was cleared for at least 6 months and rarely needed Drixoral only once or twice a year when I got sick. I considered it a cure. I found out a couple years ago about them discontinuing it as I haven't needed it for a couple years. I do believe it was a cure (for me at least). "

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinus Symptoms: "What happened to Drixoral? I used it for over thirty years, it changed my life. There is nothing else like it, what is the secret, still no reason for the ending!"

Redragon October 18, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Works excellent for my nasal drip and stuffy nose. I am not sure yet if it helps with my headaches as I have not been on it that long."

Anonymous October 10, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for : "Like others here I have been using Drixoral for years. I am now finding it harder to find in drugstores. I live in Canada and have never seen it in USA when I go for visits . PLEASE the people who own this company. NEVER STOP SELLING IT. I have been using it for as long as I can remember it been available and have told others about this product. They all agree it works fast and IT WORKS."

pudzzy February 3, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Only allergy pill that worked for me! Tried other medication, but they do not work as well. Very disappointed that it is no longer available."

Anonymous May 10, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Cold Symptoms: "My boyfriend got me on Drixoral. It's the only thing that works with my family when the cold season comes around! My whole family loves it! Why did they discontinue it and I'm praying that the company that makes it will definitley bring it back!"

Anonymous September 9, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I am miserable without Drixoral. Like the other reviewers here, I have found it to be the only formulation that gives me relief from my sinus symptoms. I've been a loyal user for years. And I'm annoyed that the antihistamine that makes this drug unique isn't available in any other formulation. I'm frustrated and CONGESTED!"

Anonymous June 20, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Disophrol (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've been taking Disophrol since Drixoral wasn't available and they work just the same. It is the same ingredients and made by the same manufacturer - Schering-Plough."

Booboa May 23, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Works really well."

Anonymous May 12, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Drixoral really worked for me and now I can't buy it anymore. This is what happened to the 12-hour Contact time release capsules which also worked great and now can't be purchased."

Anonymous March 25, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Schering-Plough is moving their facility that makes Drixoral and it will be back on the shelves late in 2009. Go to their website for more information. This is great news!"

babywhisper March 12, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Cold Symptoms: "I have used Drixoral for years, My OBGYN first told me about it, when I had a severe cold when I was actually pregnant. It is the only cold medicine that ever worked for me. I felt better in 2 days. It's long lasting, unlike the other OTC cold medicines, that you have to take every 4 hours. I absoluty love Drixoral. I can breath freely and that's half of the cold symtoms that I find intolerable. I don't understand why, when there is a product that really works, you can't buy it anywhere around here."

C.J. February 18, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This needs to be back on the store shelves at once. It is much more effective for allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion than any other product on the market."

dirtywhiteboy February 15, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Cold Symptoms: "My first cold in a while and very disappointed to find Drixoral has been "discontinued." Please bring it back. It's the only thing that works without putting me to sleep."

Anonymous January 5, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Not Listed / Other: "I have also used Drixoral for years and it is the only product that has given me any relief from sinus and allergy symptoms. I could not believe it when it was taken off the market either. Not because it was ineffective or dangerous but because speed freaks were stealing it to make meth I have ordered Drixoral from Canada at a much higher price but I'll be happy if I can find it anywhere. I get some comfort in knowing in that I am not alone in my desire that Drixoral be brought back on the market."

drspaceman December 5, 2008

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I have also used Drixoral for years and it is the only product that has given me any relief from sinus and allergy symptoms. I could not believe it when it was taken off the market either. Not because it was ineffective or dangerous but because speed freaks were stealing it to make methamphetamine. I have ordered Drixoral from Canada at a much higher price. I get some comfort in knowing in that I am not alone in my desire that Drixoral be brought back on the market."

drspaceman December 5, 2008

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Drixoral Cold and Allergy (dexbrompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have yet to find anything that helps me like Drixoral."

The Best I have ever found. November 21, 2008