User Reviews for Apri

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 339 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control to control my irregular bleeding and to get the hormones it contains into my system. I’ve been taking it for about 2.5 weeks, the only side effect I’ve noticed so far is I’ve been cramping every day, also a tad bit of discharge but nothing major and no bleeding, which is a life changer for me!"

Jackie (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I just started this and right now I am on the period pills. I feel horrible and have felt horrible since the very first pill. Legit nausea all the time to the point where I was waking up once or twice a week around 4am throwing up (I tried to take it around 12-2 with food everyday to maybe avoid this). I also experience uncomfortable bloating really bad when I haven’t even eaten much to be bloated. I haven’t even been eating much period because I’m nauseous all the time. Add mood swings, sadness, anxiety and headaches to the mix too. I just feel so awful and not myself so I DO NOT recommend this pill! I hope it gets out of my system ASAP!"

SE (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 3 months. My Dr. told me to wait it out for a few months and I should adjust. The first month wasn't awful, but it seems to be getting worse and worse the more I take it. The only time I feel ok (not nauseous and anxious) is when I'm on my period. I basically feel what I would compare to carsickness 24/7. I have no appetite, I've lost weight, which is nice, but not in a healthy way, I just don't eat due to constant nausea. My sex drive is non existent, which is awful for both my husband and I. I have panic attacks regularly, I cry about nothing and the smell of anything cooking turns my stomach. My acne has cleared up, so that's good I suppose, but that's the ONLY positive about this pill. Overall one of the worst I've ever been on. Discontinuing this month."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I went on Apri after taking Tri-sprintec for 2.5 years. I have now been on Apri for about a year. Before taking Apri I struggled with breakthrough bleeding and VERY irregular periods. Now my period is so consistent and short. My period went from 6 days to 2-3 with no spotting. It was a life changer. Every person is different so do not take the super negative reviews seriously. APRI HAS CHANGED MY LIFE!! If you struggle with breakthrough bleeding, super long periods or irregular periods I 100% recommend this option. I get no acne, and my mood swings are no worse then they were normally LOL!! Good luck on your journey!"

Mel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2019

For Birth Control "So I've taken Apri for about four years now, let me say, I love it. I started taking if for terrible cramps- to the point where I'd puke from the pain and have to pull the car over with each wave. Not only did Apri help calm my cramps 98%, my period only last like 2-3 days. I used to have terrible, I mean real bad, skin breakouts. After taking Apri for a couple of months, my skin has been completely clear since. It's like killing two birds with one stone. I never gained weight or felt weird. I'm a college student so I have enough stress on my plate already, Apri really helps."

nao20g (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "Unbelievably negative experience here. My natural demeanour is optimistic, easy-going, fun-loving and happy. Upon the second or third month I was on this birth control, I noticed drastic mood swings, feeling agitated and being irritable constantly. It felt like out of nowhere, I had serious anger management issues. I blamed a stressful job. I'm now on the seventh month taking this pill and my zeal for life is completely gone. I am depressed, lethargic, and have terribly dark thoughts about myself, the ones I love, and life in general. That is wildly uncharacteristic of me. The week that I take the sugar pill, I am nearly 100% myself. Within two days of starting my next pack, I'm back in the dark hole. I have also experienced some minor stomach issues including constant gas/bloating and loss of appetite."

2grace5 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2019

For Birth Control "HORRIBLE. Terrible cramping, abdominal pain, heavy bleeding-- why is this med even prescribed?? I've taken Yaz and another birth control pill in the past, and I never had anything like as bad an experience as I've had on Apri. I only took Apri because I have a new doctor, who wanted me to try it. I had to discontinue the Apri because it caused unbearable side effects. Am really angry this drug has used up so many days of my life and only caused pain. The dysregulation continues in my body even though I've been off the Apri for a few weeks. Never again."

Halley7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I am on my 2nd pack. I switched from Triquilar because I was having break through bleeding and feeling depressed. I’ve been going for tests for stomach troubles and I have found since being on these I’m nauseous daily so I started taking them before bed and it has helped somewhat but I usually go to bed queasy. I have had awful diarrhea which I think may be from my nausea and stomach issues, that has subsided some since I started taking it at night. I have never had much sex drive but I blame that on birth control in general. I have noticed my boobs look bigger but I have a bit of weight on. I just can’t control my appetite and just want junk but again not sure if it’s pills or not. My depression seems to have subsided somewhat but it’s Christmas so time will tell. The worst has been my stomach issues and diarrhea. I have a referral to get my tubes tied cause I just want to feel normal again."

Momma bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Apri for about ~4 years now. For the first 3 months or so, the mood swings and agitation were almost too much for me to be around some people. I did feel as though I gained some water weight and my boobs went from a B to a D over the course of that time. My acne got a little worse before it got better. Now with being on it for so long, I think it’s great for me. My skin is incredibly clear, I have control over my weight (at least it seems), and I can skip my periods with no issue. I do have some lingering anxiety and get agitated a little easily sometimes but it very well be due to just me as a person in general. Once I go off it later in life I'm interested to see how the anxiety does. Overall, I really really like this and will continue to stay on it for a while. It’s great once your body gets used to it, but everyone’s different."

Lauren (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Before Apri, I was on Natazia. Before Natazia, I was on Cyclafem. I gained 30lbs and so having the other BCs after it didn't make me gain or lose anymore weight. I also have high metabolism. NATAZIA: Periods came on time, were light, and the pill made it easy to not get pregnant even if I took it 5 hours ahead of the time I was supposed to take it. I was on it for 6 months. But it was too expensive APRI: It was alright, I was scared of the reviews, but I'm a different person so I shouldn't expect the same. My periods were heavier than Natazia. I had to stick to wearing regular tampons but a super on the first couple days. Later on, My periods got slightly heavier each time. 4 months later, it finally came on time, my periods stayed heavier but lasted 4 days this time. I'm most likely anemic so I experienced almost passing out on the last day of this period and cramped more on this BC. Talked to my doctor and I'm switching to another one."

Jamie December 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on apri for a year now and I’m finally getting off. Unfortunately I gained about 15 pounds (which I’m already heavy so that sucked) my boobs went up 2 sizes which also sucked. It definitely helped with my anxiety and depression because that basically went away while I was on it, but it didn’t help with periods I still cramped insanely; was bleeding a lot and couldn’t bare being on my period. I’ve been on 6 different kinds of pills and this was the best one for anxiety reasons, but now I’m going to try the Mirena."

Nicole (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 20 and have been on this birth control for years. I mean at least 3-4. I can say I have absolutely zero sex drive whatsoever. I didn’t even understand how girls were even interested in sex at my age, or even in the slightest. It made no sense to me. It’s really sucked. I am still on it to this day because I am prescribed accutane and you have to be on a contraceptive to be on it. I haven’t noticed my skin get any better on this but I didn’t even know people switched birth controls and have been living in sadness for years. I don’t know if the sadness is from the birth control or not but it’s also been there for years. I hate these pills with a passion. Don’t be me who feels like an 80 yr old woman with no sex drive and just feels like general garbage"

gi (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched from Junel to Apri because of breakthrough bleeding. While that has been fixed, Apri has some pretty serious negative side effects for me. My mood is completely unstable and swings terribly and my anxiety is uncontrollable. Sex drive is basically non existent. Other than that, no weight gain, acne, lighter periods and less painful cramping (my cramps were unbearable before)"

Kati (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Apri for a few years and generally have no concerns at all. Periods are managed perfectly - last 4 days and are always the same. The only downside is that I have more anxiety with this pill, and doesn’t control my acne very well. I am switching soon just to see if those symptoms will improve — but if they don’t, I’m definitely going back to Apri."

mplsgal (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Hello all, So I have been diagnosed with PCOS and Endo and also have high testosterone and diabetes. I started taking this after being off BC for about three years. I recently finished the first month. Missed a couple days and got back on. The bleeding has been torrential. I have also been stressed and anxiety ridden but I am pretty sure that's my job. The odd part? Clot city but my skin is smooth and clear and my sex drive is through the roof. But nothing can happen because there's too much blood to have sex. I am currently nauseous now. Trying to get that sorted. But yeah. Really just want to stop bleeding. That's why I took this - I was bleeding for a good 6 months lightly but now I feel like my body is trying to empty itself. Will update but for now I'd like to go to sleep without worrying about my sheets."

C (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control and almost immediately my skin started to break out and it make my breast extremely sensitive, after 3 months my skin went back to normal and my breast increased from a size C to a DD. My periods were days shorter and much lighter with little cramping. Although it completely destroyed my sex drive and I got extreme depression and anxiety from it. I had never had anxiety before and now it is so bad I have anxiety attacks regularly. It also caused a severe skin rash, perioral and dermatitis all over my entire body."

A (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control after I was on Tri-Previfem for a couple years. After taking a lower dose BC, my periods started to be irregular so they put me on a higher dose (Apri/desogen) to regulate my periods. SO, now about Apri... It did in fact make my periods regular. As far as everything else....AWFUL. I have anxiety, definitely get depressed for no reason. Mood swings every week for no reason like CRAZY. Zero sex drive. Doesn’t do anything for acne, it makes it worse in my opinion. I always break out when I’m taking it. It made me gain a lot of weight in the beginning and messed with my moods. During my cycle I have a terrible crampy ovulation-like symptoms, I have awful periods cramps and terrible mood swings, pimples, it’s just terrible. Periods are long. I’ve never been worried about pregnancy because this stuff is so strong I missed multiple days and never got pregnant when I probably should have. But other than that, this birth control is TERRIBLE."

Margaret December 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this birth control to anybody I experienced anxiety, depression I couldn’t control my eagerness had bad mood swings ever since I started taking these pills. I had abdominal pain, weight gain, increased appetite hungry all the time crave weird things etc. Do not take it!"

Deya (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using this medicine for two months. So far, My sex drive has decreased. I’m also more irritable and I have more cramps. I don’t know if I have gained weight or not. My doctor prescribed this for my PCOS and as birth control."

Alan29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I liked all of the physical side effects for the most part. Skipping the placebos as directed by my doctor allowed me to skip my period completely and I’ve never had any spotting. I also haven’t gotten pregnant which is great. I had zero weight gain (My boobs did go from a B cup to a D cup over the course of like, 2 months), and I haven’t gotten a single zit since. With all that being said I’ve been experiencing some pretty severe emotional side effects that have led me to seek other options. Ever since starting Apri I’ve felt like a different person, and the severe depression that came along with it is taking a serious toll on my life. I also have had virtually zero sex drive which is horrible. I am currently looking for alternatives."

Crys (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Was switched to another bc pill from this one and started breaking out like crazy. Switched back and after three weeks my skin is fully clear again. I have hormonal acne (so my needs might be different) I feel good, am so happy about my skin, sleep great, not noticing any weight gain, in fact I think I’ve lost 7 lbs (but that’s due to diet and exercise I’m sure, but no gain.) Was very surprised at the mixed reviews so I thought I’d throw in my two cents. :) Acne free!! Face, neck, and back all cleared. (Also put tea tree on the back bc it’s stubborn, but I think the hormonal shift really has kept new ones from forming thank god.)"

Elizabeth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I only took this birth control pill for 2 months. I didn't feel depression, moodiness, no bloating. It also did not affect my sex drive which was great. The reason I stopped taking Apri was because it made me ridiculously hungry. I'm very in tune with my appetite. I've lost over 50 lbs on my own, prior to Apri. But once I got on this pill my appetite increased immediately. Like through the roof! Also, it gave me a lot of acne and I've never had acne in my life. The first week I was on it, I broke out with 5 cystic pimples. The second week 4 more came out. By the end of the month I had had a total of 13 pimples. As a person who's never had an acne problem, breaking out like that was unacceptable for me. April gave me painful headaches nearly every day too. Once I stopped taking it, no more breakouts or headaches and my appetite is back to normal."

Aliana94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Going into my inactive pills of my first pack. Although this is only my first pack, it has been the pits. Very nauseous, but no vomiting. Bloated, more depressed, very irritable, overthink everything more than usual, almost no sex drive, horrible cramps, almost no appetite, lost all motivation for things, got bad chest pains, indigestion, heartburn.. you literally name it. I’m trying to give this pill a chance, but so far, it doesn’t seem worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor believed I might have endometriosis, so first I was put on the Depo Shot. I gained 10 lbs in a month and a half! I bled for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT. So I went back to my doctor and she put me on Apri, I was excited to hopefully stop bleeding and potentially lose the weight I gained. I stopped bleeding for a week and I’ve been going on bleeding for week FIVE now. Not spotting. Bleeding. I am super nauseated, extremely moody and emotional, unbelievably hot and sweaty, crazy tired and have ZERO sex drive. Oh and how could I forget my cramps?! Which are crippling and leave me literally crying on the floor. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow and I can’t wait to change to hopefully something better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I have to say the best birth control I've ever been on I have high free testosterone and diagnosed with PCOs. Still have sex drive an think Apri even increased it more. I haven't got any acne on it so far either. I'm not moody or anything that I noticed yet I've been on it 5 days so far. If I notice anything different I will repost."

Raspkake (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018