User Reviews for Apri

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.6 319 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "Was switched to another bc pill from this one and started breaking out like crazy. Switched back and after three weeks my skin is fully clear again. I have hormonal acne (so my needs might be different) I feel good, am so happy about my skin, sleep great, not noticing any weight gain, in fact I think I’ve lost 7 lbs (but that’s due to diet and exercise I’m sure, but no gain.) Was very surprised at the mixed reviews so I thought I’d throw in my two cents. :) Acne free!! Face, neck, and back all cleared. (Also put tea tree on the back bc it’s stubborn, but I think the hormonal shift really has kept new ones from forming thank god.)"

Elizabeth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I only took this birth control pill for 2 months. I didn't feel depression, moodiness, no bloating. It also did not affect my sex drive which was great. The reason I stopped taking Apri was because it made me ridiculously hungry. I'm very in tune with my appetite. I've lost over 50 lbs on my own, prior to Apri. But once I got on this pill my appetite increased immediately. Like through the roof! Also, it gave me a lot of acne and I've never had acne in my life. The first week I was on it, I broke out with 5 cystic pimples. The second week 4 more came out. By the end of the month I had had a total of 13 pimples. As a person who's never had an acne problem, breaking out like that was unacceptable for me. April gave me painful headaches nearly every day too. Once I stopped taking it, no more breakouts or headaches and my appetite is back to normal."

Aliana94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Going into my inactive pills of my first pack. Although this is only my first pack, it has been the pits. Very nauseous, but no vomiting. Bloated, more depressed, very irritable, overthink everything more than usual, almost no sex drive, horrible cramps, almost no appetite, lost all motivation for things, got bad chest pains, indigestion, heartburn.. you literally name it. I’m trying to give this pill a chance, but so far, it doesn’t seem worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor believed I might have endometriosis, so first I was put on the Depo Shot. I gained 10 lbs in a month and a half! I bled for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT. So I went back to my doctor and she put me on Apri, I was excited to hopefully stop bleeding and potentially lose the weight I gained. I stopped bleeding for a week and I’ve been going on bleeding for week FIVE now. Not spotting. Bleeding. I am super nauseated, extremely moody and emotional, unbelievably hot and sweaty, crazy tired and have ZERO sex drive. Oh and how could I forget my cramps?! Which are crippling and leave me literally crying on the floor. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow and I can’t wait to change to hopefully something better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I have to say the best birth control I've ever been on I have high free testosterone and diagnosed with PCOs. Still have sex drive an think Apri even increased it more. I haven't got any acne on it so far either. I'm not moody or anything that I noticed yet I've been on it 5 days so far. If I notice anything different I will repost."

Raspkake (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first time ever on birth control and it was an awful experience. I started out feeling nauseous and depressed within the first few weeks and it only got worse. I started feeling extremely paranoid and anxious, uncontrollably crying, irrational thinking, and feeling emotionally detached almost, if not, everyday. People very close in my life started to notice and mentioned I started acting this way when I started the pill, so I talked to my doctor and switched brands and I’ve felt more myself ever since. The only upside was that I was not pregnant my period was always on time even tho I still had unbearable cramps and heavy bleeding."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "It’s extremely effective in regulating menstrual cycles. However I had so many negative side effects some of which I didn’t even realize. The worst was depression. I lost all of my attraction what so ever. I had the worst cramps I’ve ever experienced, accompanied by the heaviest bleeding! The regulation was about the only positive thing I got from this medicine."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have tried multiple birth control pills and so far Apri is the only one that I like. I went on the pill for painful periods and have not had any pain since going on Aprii. It also completely cleared up my acne and hasn't caused me to gain weight. In fact, I gained weight on a different pill and lost it all as soon as I switched to Aprii. It is also the only pill I have tried that doesn't make my migraines worse. The only negative thing I have noticed is it makes my periods heavier, but they do not last longer than 5 days so it is manageable!"

Kate B (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for nearly 6 yrs and my life had turned upside down. I had no clue that these pills drove me to depression, anxiety, paranoia! My gyno placed me on this pill due to amenorrhea, I started getting my period and some acne. Then I started developing these negative thoughts and emotions I couldn't control. I thought it was just my job and stress, but these pills started all this negativity swarming throughout my body. I feel into such a deep dark hole on these pills. I decided to do some reckless things. I accumulated debt and did what I thought I had to do to overcome this depression. I thought about death daily. I had pressure on my chest, intense anxiety. These freaking pills ruined a portion of my youth! They should be banned if possible! I’ve been off them for around 5 months now and truely feel at peace and normal again. I’m sharing this story in hopes no one has to endure. Avoid at all costs!!"

Samsq001 September 1, 2018

For Birth Control "Been taking since January 2018. I have intense headaches, my mood swings are awful and I am angry or get frustrated so easily. This pill raised my blood pressure when I’ve never had issues with blood pressure. I’ve gained 25 pounds. I’m always hungry and have cravings for the most random things. The first few weeks on the pill I was nauseous and even after been on it for 7 months I spot a lot and I have NO sex drive! I’m going to have my tubes removed soon so I can get off this mess ! I’ve taken many birth control pills and this is by far the worse !"

Kaykay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Did not have a good experience. This birth control made me break out, gain weight, and have awful mood swings to the point that I could not control my anger. Stay FAR away!!!!"

Laura (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I had blood work done and my doctor said my levels are fine. Went to my gynecologist and she said I needed birth control to regulate my periods (iI don't care if they’re regular or not, and they don’t hurt..), but I went on Apri for my relationship. My sex drive lowered, I was an emotional wreck, weird cravings, and didn’t feel well overall (everything triggered some kind of emotion). She said it was normal and I was just imagining things. I stopped the pills because my period started smelling like ammonia and that’s never happened. Day 16 of this period and it still smells like it. It’s like I took a windex bath."

Dilvie (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I really had never needed birth control. I had relatively clear skin, and UNTIL I started taking Apri, I had regular periods (3 days, every five weeks). Immediately, I felt nauseated and was a lot more prone to headaches and irritability. There were also dull, lingering cramps. Then the time when my period should have normally occurred happened. The cramping and nausea became a lot more persistent, and I was spotting. Three days come and go, and it doesn't stop. The cramping and the bleeding get worse. Eight days of this. I gave them the benefit of a doubt and figured it was because I didn't start taking it during my period like the instructions said. But the second month was no better. I was told by the doctor who prescribed this that I should only be getting periods about once every three months, and even then it would be light. I was so miserable and it was actually worse than my periods were before taking it."

Moxycontin August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I have ever used and I have had absolutely NO negative side effects after being on it for more than 2 years. Pros of this prescription is it cleared up my acne and my period comes every 28 days without fail. "

2years (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I've actually had a pretty good experience with Apri. My only side effects are increased vaginal discharge and cramping (not during my cycle). Apri has helped with shorten and lighten my cycle. I haven't gotten pregnant on it either, but I don't take it at the same time everyday. I was paying $8 for it, but because of the Affordable Care Act, I get it for free."

LA (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Apri about three weeks ago. It was nothing but a horrible experience for me. From the start it was nausea, dizziness, throwing up, on and off eating habits some days I could eat, some days I couldn’t. I had extreme mood changes I was snappy towards everyone all the time. I had severe cramps that seem like they would never go away. All of these issues I thought would only last about a week to two weeks then go away. But they only worsened as I kept taking Apri. I started having pain in my kidney it started to hurt when I used the bathroom. Then the pain went to both sides and then down my legs. My legs would ache to the point I could barely walk. All I could do was sleep. I’ve never had any other issues with any other birth control until Apri. I do not recommend ."

Jenn (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Apri made me feel really nauseous when I first started taking them. That went away in about a week, but 2 weeks in my anxiety and depression went through the roof. Made me gain a little weight as well... Not for me."

mxry (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I would NOT recommend this pill to anyone. I have been on Apri for 10 months. I originally went on Apri after having been off birth control for over a year to help regulate my periods and alleviate acne. While it did improve my acne slightly, succeeded in regulating my period, and prevented pregnancy, I had a panic attack within the first 2 days I was on it (not normal for me at all), gained probably 10lbs in the first 2 weeks- and I watch my diet, has made me gain 30lbs since then, and the mood swings and depression have been HORRIBLE! I know my body and I know how it reacts to birth controls; as I've tried about three other pills, this has been by far the worst. My gyno told me to ignore the reviews online and give it a chance, I shouldn't have listened!"

gen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for years now. It has cleared up my years of acne completely and I don't even have any scars. BUT I have no sex drive what so ever. This wasn't that big of an issue when I started it because I was in a long distance relationship but fast forward to now, I'm married, living with my husband and I have to literally force myself to sleep with him at least once a week or sometimes not at all. When I say I have no sex drive I mean none. For the longest I thought I was asexual and felt horrible about myself but then I remembered how I was before the pill and this was not the case. I'm currently not taking it anymore, even if my acne does come back it's worth saving my marriage"

Jen (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I am stopping Apri after one month of use. I have struggled with cystic acne for years and took minocycline for about a year and a half. I achieved the best skin of my life, which stayed that way even after I stopped the antibiotic 6 months ago. I have been naturally clear with no breakouts until I started Apri. I started Apri in hopes that it would help continue to keep my skin clear. Within the first two weeks I broke out again and now I am continuing to break out. I am stopping this medication now and returning to my derm to see what I can do to get my clear skin back :("

oceangirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Apri for 5 months. I would get migraines periodically with aura before taking birth control so I was curious to see how it would help those. This birth control made me horrible. I was very moody, depressed, lacked energy and motivation to the point where I rarely felt like going to work, and I felt bloated a lot. I gained weight, got more cellulite, and overall poor digestion. A few cycles I also would get abdominal cramps around the time I’d be ovulating, and I had low and mid back pain a lot. My periods were very heavy- leaking through a super plus tampon in 2-3 hours, and they still lasted 4-5 days. I took 4-6 pregnancy tests through out these months because I thought I was pregnant even after a withdrawal bleed— all negative. It prevented pregnancy and my skin looked good, but I had so many negative side effects. The final kicker for me was 4 migraines in the first week of the pack my last month on this pill. Too much for me, so I’m switching to a different pill."

Anonymous July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for 6 days now and I've had very intense headaches very nauseous and hungry all the time.. no sex drive and always tired. Will be changing pills."

P (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to Apri from Junel (which was a horrible experience) The first 3 days were a nightmare, I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme nausea, but that only lasted 3 days, after that it has been wonderful, completely got rid of my period which was the ultimate goal since my cramps were really bad (PCOS). It also has helped my skin wonders and my hair grow really fast. I will say tho, and this is the reason I don't give it 10 stars... if you miss a pill and have to double up you WILL get really bad nausea, so make sure you don't forget a pill."

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this birth control. While we were using it as our only method of birth control, I became pregnant three months after switching to Apri from Sprintec."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried four other types of birth control pills before finding Apri. It regulates my previously unbearable periods perfectly. I've been on it for 10 years."

Roo (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2018