User Reviews for Apri

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 355 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "Wow oh wow this medicine Apri has messed my body up, to begin when I began taking it I thought I was going crazy. My body did not adjust well at all. I was so depressed and moody. I was on Apri from May 2017 to August 2018 and when I stopped taking it I felt instantly better, and happy. My only thing is my periods still have not returned. Again this was the worst experience ever."

TCH27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2019

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL! I was previously taking Yaz and loved it, however I lost a bunch of weight (eating right and exercising) and the pill couldn’t regulate to my new body. I was having a period for 3 weeks and my doctor recommended I take this as same hormones just different dose to the Yaz. I have been on it for about a week and have had the worst side effects. My mood swings are constant. I could be fine yet crying for no reason. I had diarrhea for 6 days straight causing me to now have a hemorrhoid. I’ve always had great, clear skin and now being on this birth control, I have had crazy breakouts on my chin. I’ve gained 10 lbs in one week and feel like I’m going to vomit at any moment. I recommend staying far away from this"

J (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2019

For Birth Control "Let me tell you.. this Apri birth control pill has been something terrible. I was put on it because my hormones were messed up bad and sometimes I had a period that wouldn’t stop for a month then I didn’t have a period for like 3 months. So my obgyn put me on Apri. I also have PCOS. Anyway I have terrible headaches, my sight has gotten terrible, made my anxiety worse, no sex drive at all, & the worst thing I gained 40 pounds in like 6 months. This pill is straight the worst thing ever!"

Mmiller (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I was hospitalized last year due to severe anemia & very low hemoglobin. I'm 50 & unfortunately I'm still going through perimenopause. Because of this my periods are horrendous & I would bleed 18 to 21 days a month, be off my period for a week & it would start all over again. After being hospitalized for it last year & was treated with blood transfusion, potassium, magnesium & rest, I followed up with a excellent obgyn specialist. She put me on Apri & I have my life back, my bleeding is down heaps. Instead of suffering 18 to 21 days my period is only about 5 days with only 2 days heavy bleeding. I'm doing so much better & so thankful for this birth control. I also don't have any side effects."

Lucy May 12, 2019

For Birth Control "Once I started Apri I had headaches at first but after adjusting they went away. My primary concern was that it completely erased my sex drive. Not just decreased, but totally eliminated. No desire and totally dry. This pill has driven me to try an IUD (which I never thought I’d do) just for the sake of avoiding trying another pill. I’m giving it such a low rating because completely eliminating my sex drive was ridiculous, and when I got off of it, it took a very long time to come back. Don’t take this unless you want to throw away an entire year of your dating life."

Fleece31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Apri pill for about 4 months and I’ve had a pretty positive experience. I’ve experienced no nausea, no weight gain (I actually lost 2 lbs when I started taking it), and no depressive thoughts. I also feel like it hasn’t caused major mood swings. My only complaint is that prior to taking the pill, I had very few skin problems, and now I have quite a few blemishes that pop up here and there. Nothing too unbearable though. Medicine affects everyone’s body differently, so don’t turn down this medicine just because of varying reviews. Talk to your doctor first!"

kmari (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I have to say so far so good! I was diagnosed with endometriosis and had to find the right hormone therapy post surgery. I have had so much success in 2 months on Apri. I have been skipping the placebo pills and skipping my periods (Instructed by my MD). I have had 0 spotting. I had headaches the first week for sure but that passed! I tried a few other pills before my surgery that really upset my stomach and cycle. This pill has been a life saver!"

Sg107890 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri/ Desogen for over 10 years. Only side effects I experienced were: tendered breasts around your period, sex drive went down, and right before my period, usually a week, I would get very sad and upset about stupid little things. I never had that problem before until I hit the 5 year mark on taking this pill. Besides that no weight gain (but I exercise regularly and played sports through high school and college). Good things were my periods were lighter and shorter, cramps were minimum (which is why my DR put me on this pill, I had awful cramps when I was younger). I didn't really change my skin. I still have the constant little break out before my period but nothing drastic like I hear some women have."

Youkurashi (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on apri for 7 months now for both birth control and acne. The first month I didn’t really notice any side effects. The second month, I had spotting the whole week before my period. I didn’t see any difference in my period in terms of cramping or flow, and no change in acne. The next few months were the same. By the 4th or 5th month, I started to see a decrease in my chest/back acne, and forehead acne, but I was still getting the hormonal acne on my jawline. Now, 7 months later, my period is so much lighter (2-3 days) and very minimal cramping (before it was 4-5 days with heavy cramping the first 3 days). And I was surprised that the week before my period my acne did not get worse like usual. My skin has never looked clearer. So it took 7 months for my body to adjust to the Apri and to see the desired effects I wanted on my skin, but my patience paid off. Also, no pregnancies! I’ll be sticking with Apri."

The patient one March 29, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve had a great experience with Apri. I was originally prescribed this particular birth control to regular my cycle and it works great, but on top of that, my skin has cleared up a lot and I’ve lost weight (almost 40 lbs). I’d recommend this to anyone like myself has an irregular cycle."

Gabrielle (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been reading all these negatives. I beg to differ. My daughter has been on Apri for almost a year now and she has lost 25 lbs., her face is now beautiful and smooth, no more acne!! It curbs her appetite tremendously. I have to mention that she needed to lose the weight. I have nothing but good things to say about these pills. No negative side effects. I only wish they had these when I was a teenager."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been using Apri for 6 months now. The first 3 months were ideal it cleared up my acne tremendously and this is the first birth control pill which hasn't effect my mood. However, after 3 months I started noticing the negatives. I have felt super depressed, nearly empty/numb everyday which is opposite to the person I am. I, like another user, blamed my stressful job but I've come to realize it was my birth control. I have no sex drive at all and I actual have cystic acne on my face now which I never had before. I would not recommend this pill due to how horrible it has actually made me feel."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2019

For Birth Control "Since the time I have been taking Apri I have been facing various problems like intense chest pain, problems in concentration, nausea, headaches, extreme mood swings, acne, dizziness, fluctuations in the quality of vision."

Anonymous March 8, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill did horrendous things to my body. I got reoccurring yeast infections and it is the whole time I was on it. I was on it for birth control and I could not even have sex. I could not even get out of bed because the irritation was so bad."

Ouch February 27, 2019

For Birth Control "Apri, when I first started taking it, increased my appetite for the first month. I was constantly hungry, and would get hunger pains if I hadn’t eaten for a couple hours. My skin cleared up a lot, though, my cramps nearly disappeared, and my sex drive was much higher. Now that I’ve been taking it for 4 months, almost 5, I've noticed complete clearing of the skin, cramping only right before my period, and a significant increase in my sex drive. This is this second birth control I’ve tried, and I’m not going to change."

jules (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2019

For Birth Control "Just over 1 year ago I went through a horrific medical event, one that almost claimed my life because of Apri. On December 9th, 2017 I went to the ER because I had what I thought was a severe migraine. They treated and released me. Only to go back on Dec11th -They had found blood clots in my brain so severe I had to have surgery and it ultimately saved my life. I spent 2 long weeks in the hospital. I have been through a crazy amount of genetic tests and all this point ALL of my doctors blame my Birth Control. Surprisingly I have no lasting side effects. Though I am told I am a rare case. You think the warnings cant happen to you...until it does. They tell me there are birth controls that are "safe" - but it is not worth my life. I want nothing more than to let people know that this CAN and DID happen. REALLY talk to your doctor, and do your homework before just accepting whatever they give you."

alive February 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control to control my irregular bleeding and to get the hormones it contains into my system. I’ve been taking it for about 2.5 weeks, the only side effect I’ve noticed so far is I’ve been cramping every day, also a tad bit of discharge but nothing major and no bleeding, which is a life changer for me!"

Jackie (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I just started this and right now I am on the period pills. I feel horrible and have felt horrible since the very first pill. Legit nausea all the time to the point where I was waking up once or twice a week around 4am throwing up (I tried to take it around 12-2 with food everyday to maybe avoid this). I also experience uncomfortable bloating really bad when I haven’t even eaten much to be bloated. I haven’t even been eating much period because I’m nauseous all the time. Add mood swings, sadness, anxiety and headaches to the mix too. I just feel so awful and not myself so I DO NOT recommend this pill! I hope it gets out of my system ASAP!"

SE (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 3 months. My Dr. told me to wait it out for a few months and I should adjust. The first month wasn't awful, but it seems to be getting worse and worse the more I take it. The only time I feel ok (not nauseous and anxious) is when I'm on my period. I basically feel what I would compare to carsickness 24/7. I have no appetite, I've lost weight, which is nice, but not in a healthy way, I just don't eat due to constant nausea. My sex drive is non existent, which is awful for both my husband and I. I have panic attacks regularly, I cry about nothing and the smell of anything cooking turns my stomach. My acne has cleared up, so that's good I suppose, but that's the ONLY positive about this pill. Overall one of the worst I've ever been on. Discontinuing this month."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I went on Apri after taking Tri-sprintec for 2.5 years. I have now been on Apri for about a year. Before taking Apri I struggled with breakthrough bleeding and VERY irregular periods. Now my period is so consistent and short. My period went from 6 days to 2-3 with no spotting. It was a life changer. Every person is different so do not take the super negative reviews seriously. APRI HAS CHANGED MY LIFE!! If you struggle with breakthrough bleeding, super long periods or irregular periods I 100% recommend this option. I get no acne, and my mood swings are no worse then they were normally LOL!! Good luck on your journey!"

Mel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2019

For Birth Control "So I've taken Apri for about four years now, let me say, I love it. I started taking if for terrible cramps- to the point where I'd puke from the pain and have to pull the car over with each wave. Not only did Apri help calm my cramps 98%, my period only last like 2-3 days. I used to have terrible, I mean real bad, skin breakouts. After taking Apri for a couple of months, my skin has been completely clear since. It's like killing two birds with one stone. I never gained weight or felt weird. I'm a college student so I have enough stress on my plate already, Apri really helps."

nao20g (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "Unbelievably negative experience here. My natural demeanour is optimistic, easy-going, fun-loving and happy. Upon the second or third month I was on this birth control, I noticed drastic mood swings, feeling agitated and being irritable constantly. It felt like out of nowhere, I had serious anger management issues. I blamed a stressful job. I'm now on the seventh month taking this pill and my zeal for life is completely gone. I am depressed, lethargic, and have terribly dark thoughts about myself, the ones I love, and life in general. That is wildly uncharacteristic of me. The week that I take the sugar pill, I am nearly 100% myself. Within two days of starting my next pack, I'm back in the dark hole. I have also experienced some minor stomach issues including constant gas/bloating and loss of appetite."

2grace5 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2019

For Birth Control "HORRIBLE. Terrible cramping, abdominal pain, heavy bleeding-- why is this med even prescribed?? I've taken Yaz and another birth control pill in the past, and I never had anything like as bad an experience as I've had on Apri. I only took Apri because I have a new doctor, who wanted me to try it. I had to discontinue the Apri because it caused unbearable side effects. Am really angry this drug has used up so many days of my life and only caused pain. The dysregulation continues in my body even though I've been off the Apri for a few weeks. Never again."

Halley7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I am on my 2nd pack. I switched from Triquilar because I was having break through bleeding and feeling depressed. I’ve been going for tests for stomach troubles and I have found since being on these I’m nauseous daily so I started taking them before bed and it has helped somewhat but I usually go to bed queasy. I have had awful diarrhea which I think may be from my nausea and stomach issues, that has subsided some since I started taking it at night. I have never had much sex drive but I blame that on birth control in general. I have noticed my boobs look bigger but I have a bit of weight on. I just can’t control my appetite and just want junk but again not sure if it’s pills or not. My depression seems to have subsided somewhat but it’s Christmas so time will tell. The worst has been my stomach issues and diarrhea. I have a referral to get my tubes tied cause I just want to feel normal again."

Momma bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Apri for about ~4 years now. For the first 3 months or so, the mood swings and agitation were almost too much for me to be around some people. I did feel as though I gained some water weight and my boobs went from a B to a D over the course of that time. My acne got a little worse before it got better. Now with being on it for so long, I think it’s great for me. My skin is incredibly clear, I have control over my weight (at least it seems), and I can skip my periods with no issue. I do have some lingering anxiety and get agitated a little easily sometimes but it very well be due to just me as a person in general. Once I go off it later in life I'm interested to see how the anxiety does. Overall, I really really like this and will continue to stay on it for a while. It’s great once your body gets used to it, but everyone’s different."

Lauren (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2018