User Reviews for Apri

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Apri reviews 5.6 306 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I have ever used and I have had absolutely NO negative side effects after being on it for more than 2 years. Pros of this prescription is it cleared up my acne and my period comes every 28 days without fail. "

2years (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I've actually had a pretty good experience with Apri. My only side effects are increased vaginal discharge and cramping (not during my cycle). Apri has helped with shorten and lighten my cycle. I haven't gotten pregnant on it either, but I don't take it at the same time everyday. I was paying $8 for it, but because of the Affordable Care Act, I get it for free."

LA (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Apri about three weeks ago. It was nothing but a horrible experience for me. From the start it was nausea, dizziness, throwing up, on and off eating habits some days I could eat, some days I couldn’t. I had extreme mood changes I was snappy towards everyone all the time. I had severe cramps that seem like they would never go away. All of these issues I thought would only last about a week to two weeks then go away. But they only worsened as I kept taking Apri. I started having pain in my kidney it started to hurt when I used the bathroom. Then the pain went to both sides and then down my legs. My legs would ache to the point I could barely walk. All I could do was sleep. I’ve never had any other issues with any other birth control until Apri. I do not recommend ."

Jenn (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Apri made me feel really nauseous when I first started taking them. That went away in about a week, but 2 weeks in my anxiety and depression went through the roof. Made me gain a little weight as well... Not for me."

mxry (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I would NOT recommend this pill to anyone. I have been on Apri for 10 months. I originally went on Apri after having been off birth control for over a year to help regulate my periods and alleviate acne. While it did improve my acne slightly, succeeded in regulating my period, and prevented pregnancy, I had a panic attack within the first 2 days I was on it (not normal for me at all), gained probably 10lbs in the first 2 weeks- and I watch my diet, has made me gain 30lbs since then, and the mood swings and depression have been HORRIBLE! I know my body and I know how it reacts to birth controls; as I've tried about three other pills, this has been by far the worst. My gyno told me to ignore the reviews online and give it a chance, I shouldn't have listened!"

gen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for years now. It has cleared up my years of acne completely and I don't even have any scars. BUT I have no sex drive what so ever. This wasn't that big of an issue when I started it because I was in a long distance relationship but fast forward to now, I'm married, living with my husband and I have to literally force myself to sleep with him at least once a week or sometimes not at all. When I say I have no sex drive I mean none. For the longest I thought I was asexual and felt horrible about myself but then I remembered how I was before the pill and this was not the case. I'm currently not taking it anymore, even if my acne does come back it's worth saving my marriage"

Jen (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I am stopping Apri after one month of use. I have struggled with cystic acne for years and took minocycline for about a year and a half. I achieved the best skin of my life, which stayed that way even after I stopped the antibiotic 6 months ago. I have been naturally clear with no breakouts until I started Apri. I started Apri in hopes that it would help continue to keep my skin clear. Within the first two weeks I broke out again and now I am continuing to break out. I am stopping this medication now and returning to my derm to see what I can do to get my clear skin back :("

oceangirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Apri for 5 months. I would get migraines periodically with aura before taking birth control so I was curious to see how it would help those. This birth control made me horrible. I was very moody, depressed, lacked energy and motivation to the point where I rarely felt like going to work, and I felt bloated a lot. I gained weight, got more cellulite, and overall poor digestion. A few cycles I also would get abdominal cramps around the time I’d be ovulating, and I had low and mid back pain a lot. My periods were very heavy- leaking through a super plus tampon in 2-3 hours, and they still lasted 4-5 days. I took 4-6 pregnancy tests through out these months because I thought I was pregnant even after a withdrawal bleed— all negative. It prevented pregnancy and my skin looked good, but I had so many negative side effects. The final kicker for me was 4 migraines in the first week of the pack my last month on this pill. Too much for me, so I’m switching to a different pill."

Anonymous July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for 6 days now and I've had very intense headaches very nauseous and hungry all the time.. no sex drive and always tired. Will be changing pills."

P (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to Apri from Junel (which was a horrible experience) The first 3 days were a nightmare, I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme nausea, but that only lasted 3 days, after that it has been wonderful, completely got rid of my period which was the ultimate goal since my cramps were really bad (PCOS). It also has helped my skin wonders and my hair grow really fast. I will say tho, and this is the reason I don't give it 10 stars... if you miss a pill and have to double up you WILL get really bad nausea, so make sure you don't forget a pill."

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this birth control. While we were using it as our only method of birth control, I became pregnant three months after switching to Apri from Sprintec."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried four other types of birth control pills before finding Apri. It regulates my previously unbearable periods perfectly. I've been on it for 10 years."

Roo (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Apri for almost 2 months. I’ve had many mood swing, weight gain, and now severe headaches. Definitely getting off of it ASAP."

Anonymous May 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Apri about two months ago for acne. I am half way done with the 2nd month. So far I am having some similar side effects as other have described. I’ve been feeling extremely depressed lately and having anxiety. There are times when I feel withdrawn from activities and just want to be left alone. Also I notice a lack of appetite due to my recent anxiety which has resulted in weight loss. I’ve lost about 8 pounds since starting the birth control. As for my acne, it seems to be getting worse. However I don’t know if the birth control is to blame for my acne since I also recently started using tretinoin and clindamycin. I do plan to continue the pills for at least another month since I know sometimes it can take up to 3 months for these symptoms to go away. I’m really hoping my mood changes because I have never felt this much anxiety and moodiness in my life."

Alison (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this medication to anyone. Apri caused me to gain 60lbs in the course of only 1 year. If you have ever struggled with weight loss or are trying to keep from gaining weight, absolutely DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION."

Ronni (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Reclipsen for years, then Walgreens said the name changed to Enskyce, now this month they told me it changed to Apri. I’m on my second week of this pill and I already have spotting and cramping yet I shouldn't be on my cycle for another two weeks. And I’ve been nauseous. Nervous to keep using this birth control. Never had any problem with Reclipsen"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was a normal 28 day cycle before taking this new birth control. My Dr changed me onto this pack cause my body got used to my last birth control. My body and I are used to getting used to birth controls and it sucks."

Amy Sadler (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "It made meput 20 pounds on! I have had the worst cries of my life, and my sexual drive for my partner is almost gone. Hanger issues: I am always HUNGRY and the cravings since a week prior period are the worst. And cellulite everywhere, even in my arms where I never had any. I am changing it right away."

Kikiki March 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I asked switched from my generic birth control to birth control with higher estrogen because my menstrual cramps were so severe on the previous pill. I was prescribed Apri. Being on Apri for the past two and a half months, I have suffered horrible acid reflux, yeast infections, an extremely heavy flow, a lengthier than normal period, AND it did NOT help my cramps. I have experienced serious weight gain, hopefully just water retention, and increased hunger and cravings which are constant. Only positive, my skin is very clear, and it prevents pregnancy. For me, the side effects were not worth it... will be going back to my original birth control next month..."

collegegirl101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Switched from Enksyce to Apri after a manufacturer change. I liked Enksyce, it did it’s job without affecting my body or hormones. I don’t like Apri. My libido is way down, I am more emotional, and my period this month is 10 days early. I have an appointment with my doctor and will be telling them to take me off of Apri."

M91 February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for 5 years when suddenly walgreens stopped offering this prescription. They switched me to Apri. Tried it for a month and had severe dizzy spells and even fainted."

Angela-donottryapri January 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Apri gave me a blood clot after only a few months. I had no risk factors. Was 28. Find a different pill and beware of blood clots!"

E57r7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started taking Apri which was a year ago I found that it changed my mood a lot making me depressed, anxious and angry all the time for no reason. Also have been having lots of cravings. But on the good side, I feel like I can trust this brand of birth control a lot to keep me from being pregnant. Also, not many side effects no headaches or nausea. I’ve now been taking it for almost a year now and my body has been getting use to it a lot."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2018

For Birth Control "In the way of regulating periods - it did well. I started the sugar pills on a Monday and would start my period by Friday. With other prior birth control pills, I was used to starting within a day or two of my first sugar pill, so that was odd, but at least Apri was consistent. The worst part, and I mean THE WORST PART, was the sadness that came with it. It got to a point where something would trigger me crying literally every day more than once a day. I'm a very happy and bubbly person so this was an obvious side effect. Finally I put two and two together. When I stopped taking it, I returned to my normal self within a few days. You think you can control your emotions - but this just completely overrides it!"

Former Apri user January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Apri has been my first and only birth control experience; it has been pretty fine, but I'm considering switching to see if there's anything that works for me better. Pros- ~Little to no acne! (better than before I was on it) ~Light periods of 4 days during the sugar pill wk (prior to the pill they used to be 6-7) ~My boobs inflated a lil, went up a cup size ~ No weight gain! (managed to lose 10 lbs- that was through diet & exercise tho) ~ Minimal cramping Cons- ~3-4 really heavy days of bleeding during the 2nd week regularly. Maybe it's just a me problem idk. ~ Have been super depressed, anxious, and moody but who knows if pill is the cause or my life in general ~ Sex drive dropped a ton ~ Blood pressure rose ~ Slight nausea during period"

decentlydecent (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2017