User Reviews for Apri

Birth Control 266 reviews 306 medications

5.7
Summary of Apri reviews 266 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "This is yet another update. Just finished my 4th pack. Worst experience ever in all of the birth controls I've tried combined. Like I said in my previous review, I was on loestrin fe, junel, and yasmin. This last pack made me start bleeding during the 3rd active pill week. Progressed into probably the heaviest period I've ever had. Made me nauseous and weak from the excessive blood loss. And made me so gassy to the point I felt like I couldn't breathe. I'm still on my period now, and it's been 2 weeks of non stop bleeding. I constantly feel like passing out. Asking my doc to switch to something else."

Lolitaagain (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for 4 months, I'm 20 years old. This is my 5th overall birth control but the best yet. I have had some over emotional moments or as I call them "birth control" cries but nothing terrible. My appetite isn't out of control, on my period though is another story. On this particular pill my period in much longer, around 8-10 days. Sex drive is pretty normal, and weight gain has not been out of control, as long as I watch my diet and get my steps in every day I stay in the 120-130 range."

lydiaME234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Gives me heartburn and indigestion. Also makes me nauseous. Prefer the depo shot, wish it was for more long term."

Kt639696 June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm half way through my third pack and my face has been continuously breaking out so bad since I started taking Apri. My complexion is literally better off it, rather than on it. However, it has helped my periods but if my skin is still bad after I finish this pack, I'm switching to a different pill."

jessicalsullivan (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is more of an update. Been on this for a full 3 months now, about to go on my 4th. I've always had terrible periods (cramps, heaviness, fatigue, moodiness) so I was hoping the pill could relieve some of those symptoms. So far, I've found all of the pills I've tried so far (loestrin fe, junel, yasmin) haven't done a whole lot to rid of these symptoms. Apri is the same. Although my period is more predictable and more manageable in terms of pain, my 2nd and 3rd day of period is still very heavy and I still cramp a whole lot on the 2nd day. Made my skin clearer, and no problems of weight gain either. I also am not as moody as I was on yasmin. And no pregnancies yet, although a couple of scares since this pill can mimic pregnancy symptoms."

Lolitaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Taking this to move my cycle over. My periods are typically 4 supersoaker days with some cramping -2 days. My first month on this hellbent pill was constant cramping+nausea, 25 days of bleeding, and horrid mood swings, dark thoughts, deja vu and dizzy spells. Doc had me double up for the rest of this packet, now the bleeding is just sparse spots. BF is relieved to finally have sex, though it's painful because now I have low estrogen. Begged the doc to switch me to a different pill brand."

30F (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I've been on this birth control a little over a month, and now that I read some of the reviews I know I'm not crazy. This pill makes you feel depressed. I'm on the second pack and skipped the sugar pill because I did that with the first birth control I was on and my periods went away. Now I haven't got an actual period but I've been spotting for about 5 days now. Two of days I noticed more blood but still not a lot my regular periods are usually 5 days long so hopefully this is the last day of this weird bleeding. Also the blood looks different first it was very light like a pinkest color, than brown, the back to that light pink color then dark red and looks watery."

Audrid1234 May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far it's been my first week taking it and I am not impressed. I've been nauseous everyday this week, gotten severe headaches, and now I am worried that my relationship is gonna be ruined because of the side effects this pill has on me. It's making me look and act like a total cow. which I'm usually not. I'm also very annoyed that my doctor switched me to this without warning. Jublier is a better brand."

Mothma May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been taking apri for 3 months; First 2 periods were fine no cramps, pretty normal. My last period I had was the worst period I ever had. Was extremely heavy, no cramps but the heaviest period I've ever had. My boyfriend says he's noticed changes in my mood, I'm very irritable and sad all the time. I feel bloated all the time, I've gained weight in my face and stomach. My acne seems to be the same few break outs here and there. Some days I have a very low sex drive, some days very high. Overall it works, just makes you feel super insecure. Was doing fine for years without birth control I think I'll be fine for another few years without it."

..... (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am taking the second cycle now. In general, I'm happy with my experience so far and I'll keep taking it. Negative sides. During the first week, I felt sick to my stomach all the time and I was supertired, but it went away. During the third week, I had mood swings and felt depressed, but I always feel this way a week before my period, so it was normal to me. Also my boobs became larger and it's a little painful to touch them, but that's okay. Positive sides. It feels really good not to worry about becoming pregnant. My sex drive is the same or even increased, weight is the same, appetite doesn't seem to increase. Period is less heavy, skin is better, acne is disappearing."

miuuim (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Apri for about a year. The first few months I would randomly get hot and feel like I was going to vomit. That went away after a few months. I never got pregnant but also used the pull out method. I was just hospitalized for two blood clots in my right arm and pulmonary embolisms. My doctor thinks the birth control is what has done this. I don't think I will ever take birth control again, not sure what to do now because I don't want children right now. I am a healthy 25 year old woman who should not have blood clots and so far they have found no other reason why I would have blood clots. Birth control is dangerous!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I an 18 this is my 3rd birth control I tried in a year, Did the job but I definitely noticed a lower sex drive and feeling super emotional. Crying at the thought of things and became super sensitive. I'm hoping to switch to one that suits me better as it emotionally draining being so emotional and sensitive, which has effected my relationship time to time because everything bothers me. I can become very irritable as well. Overall not great not horrible.."

...... (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Terrible!! I was spotting the entire time I was on this birth control pill so obviously not effective. Would not recommend, only got put on this version because my insurance didn't cover my other brand. Will be paying out of pocket and switching back."

ReEeena April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Apri did what it was supposed to do. But during the few months that I had it I was very depressed and had dark thoughts. I would cry for a week straight for no reason. I also had no sex drive. It affected me and my relationship. Now I switched from it and feel much better. No weight gain or other side affects. Regular periods, lighter than before. Each birth control affects people differently but this one was not the one from me."

Anon555555555555 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for almost a year now and only recently decided to switch, not because Apri was terrible. Apri cleared my skin pretty well, I mean I still break out but it's a lot better. My periods were shorter and I didn't experience any weight gain at all. I think my boobs got bigger but I am not sure if that was the pill or just nature because I started it at 18. I can't say if it helped prevent pregnancy because I am not sexually active. My only negative experience with this pill was my mood. I was overly sensitive and I believe it caused problems for me. My family noticed a huge change in my attitude, so I had to learn to control it, which I can do relatively well now. But I still want to switch to see a more positive change"

Beks6788 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for about six months now and it's been a rollercoaster. This is the first birth control that I have experience with, so I decided to give it 5 stars because it's done some good for me and some not so good. I have had bad acne for the past 10+ years, so when I first started taking Apri and the acne subsided I was thrilled. I like having regular, track-able periods, but I suppose you'd have that with any birth control. The downside is the absolutely AWFUL mood swings, and I mean awful. I'm typically a very happy, joke-y person, but while on this medication I've noticed that I can get into funks of terrible irritability and sadness for no reason. I will be discussing different options with my doctor next time I see her."

Bubzie March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "(I've been on Apri for the last year) Side Effects: 1) horrible mood swings 2) irrational thoughts 3) weight gain 4) depression 5) constantly fatigued 6) decreased sex drive"

Viiiii (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I've only been on this pill for a month. Before this, I was on Yasmin for a month, and before that, I was on Junel Fe for 4 months, and before that, Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 months. I know it's still pretty early, but so far it is a great pill. On Yasmin, I was a monster. My temperament is usually very laid-back and carefree, but I was an emotional, depressed mess. After switching to Apri, it almost feels like an antidepressant for me. I'm in such a happy, good mood all the time. So far, I've only gotten sad one day the week before my period week, where I cried a little, but nothing compared to last month on Yasmin. So far no weight gain either, my skin hasn't broken out on this, and my boobs are getting bigger (plus for me, being an A cup)."

whatisthisnow March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 3 months and am now switching. I didn't get pregnant so that's the only advantage. My mood swings were out of wack when I first started the pill. I have headaches, am tired all the time, tender boobs, severe cramping, bad acne and heavy periods. I ended up with a cyst in my left boob too. My sex drive increased and I was more wet during intercourse than my last pill. Everyone's body is different, this one wasn't right for me."

Madi3005 February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I first started it I got really emotional & would get irritated easily but that all subsided after the first month or so. No weight gain, no acne, no pregnancy lol. But about the only downfall to this medication is that if I don't eat quite a bit right before I take it, I'll wake up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous & not able to go back to sleep. I can't just eat a cracker or some chips & take it, my stomach has to be full. Different medications effect everyone differently so that might just be me but I'm kinda curious as to whether anyone else has had this side effect from this medication?"

Brittnayyyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this for a year or two, I had been on birth control since I was 13 up-to age 22 to regulate my periods. Let's just say this is a NO GO for high triglycerides and also if you're smoking. I ended up in the hospital with Severe Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitus caused from very high triglyceroids which this pill attributed to and also a Pulmonary Embolism ( blood clot)."

Cassie1193 January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched to this birth control from Gildess fe 1/20 (It made me depressed intensified my anxiety and I was having two periods a month). At first I was skeptical from initial water retention and moodiness but after the first month was over all those initial issues disappeared."

Hypochondriac2.0 January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control pill in preparation for IVF. I've been on other birth control brands in the past and have never had an experience like this! It's only been one week and I am MISERABLE. Incredibly depressed, emotional, fatigued and unmotivated. I've also noticed a huge appetite increase. In the beginning I was also super nauseous but that is fairly typical in my experience. I know that different pills have different effects on people and it takes a while to adjust but as I said, I've been on multiple brands and none has ever been this bad. All I want to do is sleep, eat, and cry. Good times."

Apriexperience (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started Apri a year and 4 months ago. When I first started, I was 175. I'm currently 210. My appetite has increased tremendously. It doesn't make me very moody, although I was depressed for a couple of months (maybe that could have been due to school). I've missed as many as 3 days and was still fine. My sex drive has decreased just a little, but nothing too major. My cycle is very regular and only lasts 3-4 days. I cramp, but not every cycle. Overall, it's decent."

Coley Coley January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "horrible lost all sex drive, was hungry all the time, cried for no reason, really annoyed 24/7, felt like a monster, made me self-conscious and feel worthless. stopped after 2 weeks."

jjbygvgtf (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017