User Reviews for Apri (Page 3)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 344 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Apri for almost 2 months. I’ve had many mood swing, weight gain, and now severe headaches. Definitely getting off of it ASAP."

Anonymous May 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Apri about two months ago for acne. I am half way done with the 2nd month. So far I am having some similar side effects as other have described. I’ve been feeling extremely depressed lately and having anxiety. There are times when I feel withdrawn from activities and just want to be left alone. Also I notice a lack of appetite due to my recent anxiety which has resulted in weight loss. I’ve lost about 8 pounds since starting the birth control. As for my acne, it seems to be getting worse. However I don’t know if the birth control is to blame for my acne since I also recently started using tretinoin and clindamycin. I do plan to continue the pills for at least another month since I know sometimes it can take up to 3 months for these symptoms to go away. I’m really hoping my mood changes because I have never felt this much anxiety and moodiness in my life."

Alison (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this medication to anyone. Apri caused me to gain 60lbs in the course of only 1 year. If you have ever struggled with weight loss or are trying to keep from gaining weight, absolutely DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION."

Ronni (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Reclipsen for years, then Walgreens said the name changed to Enskyce, now this month they told me it changed to Apri. I’m on my second week of this pill and I already have spotting and cramping yet I shouldn't be on my cycle for another two weeks. And I’ve been nauseous. Nervous to keep using this birth control. Never had any problem with Reclipsen"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was a normal 28 day cycle before taking this new birth control. My Dr changed me onto this pack cause my body got used to my last birth control. My body and I are used to getting used to birth controls and it sucks."

Amy Sadler (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "It made meput 20 pounds on! I have had the worst cries of my life, and my sexual drive for my partner is almost gone. Hanger issues: I am always HUNGRY and the cravings since a week prior period are the worst. And cellulite everywhere, even in my arms where I never had any. I am changing it right away."

Kikiki March 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I asked switched from my generic birth control to birth control with higher estrogen because my menstrual cramps were so severe on the previous pill. I was prescribed Apri. Being on Apri for the past two and a half months, I have suffered horrible acid reflux, yeast infections, an extremely heavy flow, a lengthier than normal period, AND it did NOT help my cramps. I have experienced serious weight gain, hopefully just water retention, and increased hunger and cravings which are constant. Only positive, my skin is very clear, and it prevents pregnancy. For me, the side effects were not worth it... will be going back to my original birth control next month..."

collegegirl101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Switched from Enksyce to Apri after a manufacturer change. I liked Enksyce, it did it’s job without affecting my body or hormones. I don’t like Apri. My libido is way down, I am more emotional, and my period this month is 10 days early. I have an appointment with my doctor and will be telling them to take me off of Apri."

M91 February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for 5 years when suddenly walgreens stopped offering this prescription. They switched me to Apri. Tried it for a month and had severe dizzy spells and even fainted."

Angela-donottryapri January 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Apri gave me a blood clot after only a few months. I had no risk factors. Was 28. Find a different pill and beware of blood clots!"

E57r7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started taking Apri which was a year ago I found that it changed my mood a lot making me depressed, anxious and angry all the time for no reason. Also have been having lots of cravings. But on the good side, I feel like I can trust this brand of birth control a lot to keep me from being pregnant. Also, not many side effects no headaches or nausea. I’ve now been taking it for almost a year now and my body has been getting use to it a lot."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2018

For Birth Control "In the way of regulating periods - it did well. I started the sugar pills on a Monday and would start my period by Friday. With other prior birth control pills, I was used to starting within a day or two of my first sugar pill, so that was odd, but at least Apri was consistent. The worst part, and I mean THE WORST PART, was the sadness that came with it. It got to a point where something would trigger me crying literally every day more than once a day. I'm a very happy and bubbly person so this was an obvious side effect. Finally I put two and two together. When I stopped taking it, I returned to my normal self within a few days. You think you can control your emotions - but this just completely overrides it!"

Former Apri user January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Apri has been my first and only birth control experience; it has been pretty fine, but I'm considering switching to see if there's anything that works for me better. Pros- ~Little to no acne! (better than before I was on it) ~Light periods of 4 days during the sugar pill wk (prior to the pill they used to be 6-7) ~My boobs inflated a lil, went up a cup size ~ No weight gain! (managed to lose 10 lbs- that was through diet & exercise tho) ~ Minimal cramping Cons- ~3-4 really heavy days of bleeding during the 2nd week regularly. Maybe it's just a me problem idk. ~ Have been super depressed, anxious, and moody but who knows if pill is the cause or my life in general ~ Sex drive dropped a ton ~ Blood pressure rose ~ Slight nausea during period"

decentlydecent (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill has worked pretty good for me, I’m 18 and I’ve had problems with my periods being very painful until I got on this pill. My period has shortened to 3-4 days and comes every 28 days. The one downside about this pill is it made my very moody and depressed for awhile when I first stared it"

clauds1142 December 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I had been on this pill in my 20s and did fine but restarted in my 30s and have had a totally negative experience. I felt nauseous the first few days. My breasts are so sore and painful. I have two emotions either very angry or crying. I have 0 sex drive and I had spotting and acne. I'm also very bloated. I’m basically trying to finish this month and stop this pill so not to mess with my my period schedule. I got on it to try and stop mid cycle spotting I was having and it made it worse (though I know to be fair you need to give a pill 3 months) I was way better off off of it. Every day on it has been a challenge."

everyusernameistaken (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Been on April for about a year. My sex drive went down horribly low in the past 12 months to the point where it became a problem. Acne is moderate, though a bit worse as it used to be on my previous pill, but definitely better than what I would have without any pill. My weight fluctuated a lot in the past 12 months both ways, but I wouldn't say it's pills' fault. Periods are regular and painless."

Jen86_11 December 3, 2017

For Birth Control "At first, the side effects were minimal, but starting around the 2nd-week depression slowly crept up and made me super miserable. I've switched to Ortho Cylen and feel much better."

M832974384279 November 15, 2017

For Birth Control "Rated a 5 due to its effectiveness at preventing pregnancy but I stopped taking it after many years of this brand or the same ingredients in different brands because I've finally realized it is the cause of my frequent migraines, terrible moodiness and anger issues. I stopped taking to try to conceive and had been off it for about two years. All of those side effects disappeared at least a great deal. Now I've been back on for 6 months and all side effects have reappeared. Please if you are experiencing depression, anger issues, anxiety or similar issues don't write it off, it will begin to have a huge affect on your daily life."

Sylq November 5, 2017

For Birth Control "My doctor put me on this BC 3 months postpartum and I've decided to stop taking after being on it for two months. I've bled the entire time being on this pill, mood swings, dark thoughts, very emotional, nauseated all the time, the bloating is so uncomfortable (prior to starting this pill I had my waist back and almost a flat stomach but now I look like I'm a few months pregnant again!) I have no drive, low energy (I'm sure from bleeding for 2 months), I just want to eat all the time, I've gained weight, overall this BC didn't mesh very well with my body. I'll be going back to taking Enskyce again, which I took for 3years with no issues."

Sally430 September 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for almost 5 years. I was originally put on it for acne but it's also been very effective as birth control too. My partner and I don't use any other form of birth control unless I'm on conflicting meds. My periods are regular and predictable, usually 3-4 days. I've gained weight, but I don't think Apri was the cause. Overall, Apri works well for me and have had no issues with it."

Anonymous September 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm on my second month of Apri, and honestly haven't experienced any side effects. My biggest concern was the whole blood clot issue, but my doctor says I'm low risk and healthy, so I need not worry. Only down fall, is you will be moody. Since I read reviews before hand, I'm in total control of my mood swings since I know its the birth control making me agitated. Weight gain? None. Boobs? Sometimes they're really tender and heavy feeling. Once I get in the sugar pull week those feelings subside. Overall, Apri has been good to me."

Miss Bee (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on April for almost a year now. It works great protecting against pregnancy and keeping my periods regular, which they don't happen exactly on the sugar pill day, but every time on Wednesday. But the down side to these pills is how big of a mental and emotional toll it takes on me. It gives me crazy amounts of anxiety, I've had anxiety a couple times in my life but it's an everyday thing now. It makes me feel like I've changed as a person. And makes me very depressed and have deep dark thoughts on life. I've always been an outgoing go getter type of person, but all I wanna do now is sleep and ignore my anxiety. I don't know if I should change it or stay on it and see if it goes away. But it's been happening for almost a year now."

Anonymous September 7, 2017

For Birth Control "Apri was awful. My periods before I started taking the pill were 4/5 days then when I started, my periods became 16 days long. I was depressed. I gained a lot of acne when previously my skin was clear. I was on it for 5 months but the negative side effects were so clear. It absolutely wasn't worth it. With that said, it is an effective birth control option, just not for me"

Mags'123441 August 11, 2017

For Birth Control "So far, I haven't had any problems with Apri. At first my feet swelled a little bit, and I was kind of bloated but that all went sway after the first pack. I've had Nexplanon which was the WORST birth control I could've ever got. It cause SO many health problems for me, mostly stomach problems. It made me lose a ton of weight, which wasn't very healthy for a 15 year old. I was on the Depo shot, and that made my moods CRAZY. I have pretty bad anxiety already, and the shot pretty much made it worse. I don't take any medications for my anxiety, because I don't believe I need to but I had to with the depo shot. It made me gain about 15 pounds, so I'm basically back to where I was 3 years ago before Nexplanon. Apri has been the best for me yet."

Anonymous 3 July 22, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control was so bad that I had to stop after three months. I had a lot of side effects within the past three months, such as terrible acid reflex, nausea, heavy bleeding, migraines, and my face broke out terribly. This was definitely not the birth control for me."

Kaykayla (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017