User Reviews for Apri (Page 2)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 353 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I am 20 and have been on this birth control for years. I mean at least 3-4. I can say I have absolutely zero sex drive whatsoever. I didn’t even understand how girls were even interested in sex at my age, or even in the slightest. It made no sense to me. It’s really sucked. I am still on it to this day because I am prescribed accutane and you have to be on a contraceptive to be on it. I haven’t noticed my skin get any better on this but I didn’t even know people switched birth controls and have been living in sadness for years. I don’t know if the sadness is from the birth control or not but it’s also been there for years. I hate these pills with a passion. Don’t be me who feels like an 80 yr old woman with no sex drive and just feels like general garbage"

gi (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched from Junel to Apri because of breakthrough bleeding. While that has been fixed, Apri has some pretty serious negative side effects for me. My mood is completely unstable and swings terribly and my anxiety is uncontrollable. Sex drive is basically non existent. Other than that, no weight gain, acne, lighter periods and less painful cramping (my cramps were unbearable before)"

Kati (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Apri for a few years and generally have no concerns at all. Periods are managed perfectly - last 4 days and are always the same. The only downside is that I have more anxiety with this pill, and doesn’t control my acne very well. I am switching soon just to see if those symptoms will improve — but if they don’t, I’m definitely going back to Apri."

mplsgal (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Hello all, So I have been diagnosed with PCOS and Endo and also have high testosterone and diabetes. I started taking this after being off BC for about three years. I recently finished the first month. Missed a couple days and got back on. The bleeding has been torrential. I have also been stressed and anxiety ridden but I am pretty sure that's my job. The odd part? Clot city but my skin is smooth and clear and my sex drive is through the roof. But nothing can happen because there's too much blood to have sex. I am currently nauseous now. Trying to get that sorted. But yeah. Really just want to stop bleeding. That's why I took this - I was bleeding for a good 6 months lightly but now I feel like my body is trying to empty itself. Will update but for now I'd like to go to sleep without worrying about my sheets."

C (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control and almost immediately my skin started to break out and it make my breast extremely sensitive, after 3 months my skin went back to normal and my breast increased from a size C to a DD. My periods were days shorter and much lighter with little cramping. Although it completely destroyed my sex drive and I got extreme depression and anxiety from it. I had never had anxiety before and now it is so bad I have anxiety attacks regularly. It also caused a severe skin rash, perioral and dermatitis all over my entire body."

A (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control after I was on Tri-Previfem for a couple years. After taking a lower dose BC, my periods started to be irregular so they put me on a higher dose (Apri/desogen) to regulate my periods. SO, now about Apri... It did in fact make my periods regular. As far as everything else....AWFUL. I have anxiety, definitely get depressed for no reason. Mood swings every week for no reason like CRAZY. Zero sex drive. Doesn’t do anything for acne, it makes it worse in my opinion. I always break out when I’m taking it. It made me gain a lot of weight in the beginning and messed with my moods. During my cycle I have a terrible crampy ovulation-like symptoms, I have awful periods cramps and terrible mood swings, pimples, it’s just terrible. Periods are long. I’ve never been worried about pregnancy because this stuff is so strong I missed multiple days and never got pregnant when I probably should have. But other than that, this birth control is TERRIBLE."

Margaret December 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this birth control to anybody I experienced anxiety, depression I couldn’t control my eagerness had bad mood swings ever since I started taking these pills. I had abdominal pain, weight gain, increased appetite hungry all the time crave weird things etc. Do not take it!"

Deya (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using this medicine for two months. So far, My sex drive has decreased. I’m also more irritable and I have more cramps. I don’t know if I have gained weight or not. My doctor prescribed this for my PCOS and as birth control."

Alan29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I liked all of the physical side effects for the most part. Skipping the placebos as directed by my doctor allowed me to skip my period completely and I’ve never had any spotting. I also haven’t gotten pregnant which is great. I had zero weight gain (My boobs did go from a B cup to a D cup over the course of like, 2 months), and I haven’t gotten a single zit since. With all that being said I’ve been experiencing some pretty severe emotional side effects that have led me to seek other options. Ever since starting Apri I’ve felt like a different person, and the severe depression that came along with it is taking a serious toll on my life. I also have had virtually zero sex drive which is horrible. I am currently looking for alternatives."

Crys (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Was switched to another bc pill from this one and started breaking out like crazy. Switched back and after three weeks my skin is fully clear again. I have hormonal acne (so my needs might be different) I feel good, am so happy about my skin, sleep great, not noticing any weight gain, in fact I think I’ve lost 7 lbs (but that’s due to diet and exercise I’m sure, but no gain.) Was very surprised at the mixed reviews so I thought I’d throw in my two cents. :) Acne free!! Face, neck, and back all cleared. (Also put tea tree on the back bc it’s stubborn, but I think the hormonal shift really has kept new ones from forming thank god.)"

Elizabeth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I only took this birth control pill for 2 months. I didn't feel depression, moodiness, no bloating. It also did not affect my sex drive which was great. The reason I stopped taking Apri was because it made me ridiculously hungry. I'm very in tune with my appetite. I've lost over 50 lbs on my own, prior to Apri. But once I got on this pill my appetite increased immediately. Like through the roof! Also, it gave me a lot of acne and I've never had acne in my life. The first week I was on it, I broke out with 5 cystic pimples. The second week 4 more came out. By the end of the month I had had a total of 13 pimples. As a person who's never had an acne problem, breaking out like that was unacceptable for me. April gave me painful headaches nearly every day too. Once I stopped taking it, no more breakouts or headaches and my appetite is back to normal."

Aliana94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Going into my inactive pills of my first pack. Although this is only my first pack, it has been the pits. Very nauseous, but no vomiting. Bloated, more depressed, very irritable, overthink everything more than usual, almost no sex drive, horrible cramps, almost no appetite, lost all motivation for things, got bad chest pains, indigestion, heartburn.. you literally name it. I’m trying to give this pill a chance, but so far, it doesn’t seem worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor believed I might have endometriosis, so first I was put on the Depo Shot. I gained 10 lbs in a month and a half! I bled for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT. So I went back to my doctor and she put me on Apri, I was excited to hopefully stop bleeding and potentially lose the weight I gained. I stopped bleeding for a week and I’ve been going on bleeding for week FIVE now. Not spotting. Bleeding. I am super nauseated, extremely moody and emotional, unbelievably hot and sweaty, crazy tired and have ZERO sex drive. Oh and how could I forget my cramps?! Which are crippling and leave me literally crying on the floor. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow and I can’t wait to change to hopefully something better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I have to say the best birth control I've ever been on I have high free testosterone and diagnosed with PCOs. Still have sex drive an think Apri even increased it more. I haven't got any acne on it so far either. I'm not moody or anything that I noticed yet I've been on it 5 days so far. If I notice anything different I will repost."

Raspkake (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first time ever on birth control and it was an awful experience. I started out feeling nauseous and depressed within the first few weeks and it only got worse. I started feeling extremely paranoid and anxious, uncontrollably crying, irrational thinking, and feeling emotionally detached almost, if not, everyday. People very close in my life started to notice and mentioned I started acting this way when I started the pill, so I talked to my doctor and switched brands and I’ve felt more myself ever since. The only upside was that I was not pregnant my period was always on time even tho I still had unbearable cramps and heavy bleeding."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "It’s extremely effective in regulating menstrual cycles. However I had so many negative side effects some of which I didn’t even realize. The worst was depression. I lost all of my attraction what so ever. I had the worst cramps I’ve ever experienced, accompanied by the heaviest bleeding! The regulation was about the only positive thing I got from this medicine."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have tried multiple birth control pills and so far Apri is the only one that I like. I went on the pill for painful periods and have not had any pain since going on Aprii. It also completely cleared up my acne and hasn't caused me to gain weight. In fact, I gained weight on a different pill and lost it all as soon as I switched to Aprii. It is also the only pill I have tried that doesn't make my migraines worse. The only negative thing I have noticed is it makes my periods heavier, but they do not last longer than 5 days so it is manageable!"

Kate B (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for nearly 6 yrs and my life had turned upside down. I had no clue that these pills drove me to depression, anxiety, paranoia! My gyno placed me on this pill due to amenorrhea, I started getting my period and some acne. Then I started developing these negative thoughts and emotions I couldn't control. I thought it was just my job and stress, but these pills started all this negativity swarming throughout my body. I feel into such a deep dark hole on these pills. I decided to do some reckless things. I accumulated debt and did what I thought I had to do to overcome this depression. I thought about death daily. I had pressure on my chest, intense anxiety. These freaking pills ruined a portion of my youth! They should be banned if possible! I’ve been off them for around 5 months now and truely feel at peace and normal again. I’m sharing this story in hopes no one has to endure. Avoid at all costs!!"

Samsq001 September 1, 2018

For Birth Control "Been taking since January 2018. I have intense headaches, my mood swings are awful and I am angry or get frustrated so easily. This pill raised my blood pressure when I’ve never had issues with blood pressure. I’ve gained 25 pounds. I’m always hungry and have cravings for the most random things. The first few weeks on the pill I was nauseous and even after been on it for 7 months I spot a lot and I have NO sex drive! I’m going to have my tubes removed soon so I can get off this mess ! I’ve taken many birth control pills and this is by far the worse !"

Kaykay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Did not have a good experience. This birth control made me break out, gain weight, and have awful mood swings to the point that I could not control my anger. Stay FAR away!!!!"

Laura (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I had blood work done and my doctor said my levels are fine. Went to my gynecologist and she said I needed birth control to regulate my periods (iI don't care if they’re regular or not, and they don’t hurt..), but I went on Apri for my relationship. My sex drive lowered, I was an emotional wreck, weird cravings, and didn’t feel well overall (everything triggered some kind of emotion). She said it was normal and I was just imagining things. I stopped the pills because my period started smelling like ammonia and that’s never happened. Day 16 of this period and it still smells like it. It’s like I took a windex bath."

Dilvie (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I really had never needed birth control. I had relatively clear skin, and UNTIL I started taking Apri, I had regular periods (3 days, every five weeks). Immediately, I felt nauseated and was a lot more prone to headaches and irritability. There were also dull, lingering cramps. Then the time when my period should have normally occurred happened. The cramping and nausea became a lot more persistent, and I was spotting. Three days come and go, and it doesn't stop. The cramping and the bleeding get worse. Eight days of this. I gave them the benefit of a doubt and figured it was because I didn't start taking it during my period like the instructions said. But the second month was no better. I was told by the doctor who prescribed this that I should only be getting periods about once every three months, and even then it would be light. I was so miserable and it was actually worse than my periods were before taking it."

Moxycontin August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I have ever used and I have had absolutely NO negative side effects after being on it for more than 2 years. Pros of this prescription is it cleared up my acne and my period comes every 28 days without fail. "

2years (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I've actually had a pretty good experience with Apri. My only side effects are increased vaginal discharge and cramping (not during my cycle). Apri has helped with shorten and lighten my cycle. I haven't gotten pregnant on it either, but I don't take it at the same time everyday. I was paying $8 for it, but because of the Affordable Care Act, I get it for free."

LA (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Apri about three weeks ago. It was nothing but a horrible experience for me. From the start it was nausea, dizziness, throwing up, on and off eating habits some days I could eat, some days I couldn’t. I had extreme mood changes I was snappy towards everyone all the time. I had severe cramps that seem like they would never go away. All of these issues I thought would only last about a week to two weeks then go away. But they only worsened as I kept taking Apri. I started having pain in my kidney it started to hurt when I used the bathroom. Then the pain went to both sides and then down my legs. My legs would ache to the point I could barely walk. All I could do was sleep. I’ve never had any other issues with any other birth control until Apri. I do not recommend ."

Jenn (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018