User Reviews for Desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Apri, Azurette, Bekyree, Caziant, Cesia, Cyclessa, Cyred, Cyred EQ, Desogen, Emoquette, Enskyce, Isibloom, Juleber, Kalliga, Kariva, Kimidess, Mircette, Ortho-Cept, Pimtrea, Reclipsen, Simliya, Solia, Velivet, Viorele, Volnea …show all brand names

Endometriosis

Birth Control
5.6

Summary of Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol reviews 5.6 802 reviews

Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol

Cyred (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for two months and the second month I bleed all month"

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "My doctor believed I might have endometriosis, so first I was put on the Depo Shot. I gained 10 lbs in a month and a half! I bled for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT. So I went back to my doctor and she put me on Apri, I was excited to hopefully stop bleeding and potentially lose the weight I gained. I stopped bleeding for a week and I’ve been going on bleeding for week FIVE now. Not spotting. Bleeding. I am super nauseated, extremely moody and emotional, unbelievably hot and sweaty, crazy tired and have ZERO sex drive. Oh and how could I forget my cramps?! Which are crippling and leave me literally crying on the floor. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow and I can’t wait to change to hopefully something better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Cyred (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I'm 18 and just got on this over a month ago. For the first couple weeks I had sore breasts and I got nauseous at times. Threw up in my mouth once. But the rest actually wasn’t too bad"

Lauren (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have to say the best birth control I've ever been on I have high free testosterone and diagnosed with PCOs. Still have sex drive an think Apri even increased it more. I haven't got any acne on it so far either. I'm not moody or anything that I noticed yet I've been on it 5 days so far. If I notice anything different I will repost."

Raspkake (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This was my first time ever on birth control and it was an awful experience. I started out feeling nauseous and depressed within the first few weeks and it only got worse. I started feeling extremely paranoid and anxious, uncontrollably crying, irrational thinking, and feeling emotionally detached almost, if not, everyday. People very close in my life started to notice and mentioned I started acting this way when I started the pill, so I talked to my doctor and switched brands and I’ve felt more myself ever since. The only upside was that I was not pregnant my period was always on time even tho I still had unbearable cramps and heavy bleeding."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I would definitely NOT recommend reclipsen. Just two weeks into taking it my chest broke out, and my chin. Also now I’m EXTREMELY greasy for no reason!!!! If you’re looking for a solution for acne this is not it. Also now I have a pimple on my cheek!!!!"

japakskks September 5, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "It’s extremely effective in regulating menstrual cycles. However I had so many negative side effects some of which I didn’t even realize. The worst was depression. I lost all of my attraction what so ever. I had the worst cramps I’ve ever experienced, accompanied by the heaviest bleeding! The regulation was about the only positive thing I got from this medicine."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have tried multiple birth control pills and so far Apri is the only one that I like. I went on the pill for painful periods and have not had any pain since going on Aprii. It also completely cleared up my acne and hasn't caused me to gain weight. In fact, I gained weight on a different pill and lost it all as soon as I switched to Aprii. It is also the only pill I have tried that doesn't make my migraines worse. The only negative thing I have noticed is it makes my periods heavier, but they do not last longer than 5 days so it is manageable!"

Kate B (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for nearly 6 yrs and my life had turned upside down. I had no clue that these pills drove me to depression, anxiety, paranoia! My gyno placed me on this pill due to amenorrhea, I started getting my period and some acne. Then I started developing these negative thoughts and emotions I couldn't control. I thought it was just my job and stress, but these pills started all this negativity swarming throughout my body. I feel into such a deep dark hole on these pills. I decided to do some reckless things. I accumulated debt and did what I thought I had to do to overcome this depression. I thought about death daily. I had pressure on my chest, intense anxiety. These freaking pills ruined a portion of my youth! They should be banned if possible! I’ve been off them for around 5 months now and truely feel at peace and normal again. I’m sharing this story in hopes no one has to endure. Avoid at all costs!!"

Samsq001 September 1, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Been taking since January 2018. I have intense headaches, my mood swings are awful and I am angry or get frustrated so easily. This pill raised my blood pressure when I’ve never had issues with blood pressure. I’ve gained 25 pounds. I’m always hungry and have cravings for the most random things. The first few weeks on the pill I was nauseous and even after been on it for 7 months I spot a lot and I have NO sex drive! I’m going to have my tubes removed soon so I can get off this mess ! I’ve taken many birth control pills and this is by far the worse !"

Kaykay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

Viorele (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I took Viorele for about 8 months before I started turning into a hormonal monster. At the start, I had no negative side effects and my periods were super light. However, as time went on I began to have violent emotional episodes of anger and crying 2-3 times a month for no reason. Because my mental state is most important, I am switching from this medication. Everyone is different though!"

donewthispill August 29, 2018

Isibloom (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for : "started on this birth control after 2 years of heavy periods and extremely painful cramping, and other pills I've tried before could never numb the pain of these cramps. My doctor put me on the continous dose of isibloom and for the first 2 months it was fantastic. Clear skin, no periods, and no pain whatsoever. The third month became absolute bad for me. Within a week I had put on 6 pounds, then by week 3 it was 15lb. My mood was a rollercoaster and every small inconvenience had me either in tears or livid to the point of getting into screaming matches with my own family. My skin broke out with awful cystic acne in areas I have never gotten acne before. The pain in my neck and lower back has made me have to cancel plans, and even stay out of classes. Do NOT take this if you have had bad experiences with similar hormonal birth controls because this is definitely the worst one I've ever taken."

sara (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Pimtrea (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started using Pimtrea about a year ago. The first couple months I had a bit of acne and some spotting about two weeks after my period. After this everything cleared up and it was great. Best bc I’ve ever had."

Bri August 27, 2018

Kariva (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for : "This birth control is awful! I am a 43 year old and was having irregular periods. My obgyn prescribed this for me. It did help my irregularity - but at a price to me. I developed Perioral dermatitis. This is rash type acne around the mouth. I had never had this issue before. This is a side effect of the drug, which I found after doing some research. This is a very stubborn rash to treat. I am hopeful I got it soon enough it will not be a long term issue for me. I stopped the pill immediately once I figured out what was going on and did see some relief on my face. I am also treating it w cream and an oral antibiotic. I DO NOT recommend this product to anyone!"

Gigi August 25, 2018

Juleber (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Today is Aug 23-2018. I took my first pill at 12:50pm. So far so good. No spotting or dizziness or headaches. I will update later on."

bri (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

Enskyce (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This pill is absolutely awful. Took it to help with my PMS symptoms and nothing has changed, if anything it’s only gotten worse. On top of that, I have experienced extreme mood swings. Worse than anything I’ve known in myself. I am not the usual person I am. I am angered easily, I have severe depression. I am dazed and drowsy. Enskyce has done more harm then good. Would strongly recommend to avoid it!"

Lexi (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

Cyred (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I’ve tried two other kinds of bc pills and Cyred is the only one that doesn’t make me depressed, the only down side is it made my boobs sore in the first three months."

Wb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Did not have a good experience. This birth control made me break out, gain weight, and have awful mood swings to the point that I could not control my anger. Stay FAR away!!!!"

Laura (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I had blood work done and my doctor said my levels are fine. Went to my gynecologist and she said I needed birth control to regulate my periods (iI don't care if they’re regular or not, and they don’t hurt..), but I went on Apri for my relationship. My sex drive lowered, I was an emotional wreck, weird cravings, and didn’t feel well overall (everything triggered some kind of emotion). She said it was normal and I was just imagining things. I stopped the pills because my period started smelling like ammonia and that’s never happened. Day 16 of this period and it still smells like it. It’s like I took a windex bath."

Dilvie (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I really had never needed birth control. I had relatively clear skin, and UNTIL I started taking Apri, I had regular periods (3 days, every five weeks). Immediately, I felt nauseated and was a lot more prone to headaches and irritability. There were also dull, lingering cramps. Then the time when my period should have normally occurred happened. The cramping and nausea became a lot more persistent, and I was spotting. Three days come and go, and it doesn't stop. The cramping and the bleeding get worse. Eight days of this. I gave them the benefit of a doubt and figured it was because I didn't start taking it during my period like the instructions said. But the second month was no better. I was told by the doctor who prescribed this that I should only be getting periods about once every three months, and even then it would be light. I was so miserable and it was actually worse than my periods were before taking it."

Moxycontin August 18, 2018

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Hated this birth control! It was effective, sure. Regulated periods, check (although I never had an issue with that before). The worst thing about this (for me) was that it gave me horrible mood swings! I did not recognize the person that I was while on this BC and it didn't occur to me for a long time what was causing me to act this way. I was so mean and I'm normally a very happy, chipper kind of person. I eventually just decided to do without and haven't gone back since (2+ years). I feel SO much better. It only took a few weeks for me to feel "normal" again."

K. Denise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2018

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on reclipsen for 7 months so far and I believe this will be my last. I started tracking how I feel every single day up to my cycle day. I started to realized reoccuring symptoms on the same cycle days of the medication! I'm finally throwing in the hat. Last month my neck became sore and my shoulders and back pain has escalated! Well now I can't even move my neck side to side on the same cycle day. I believe this medicine has not helped my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), has made me have heart palpitations, a few days before my period I get really deeply depressed on the same day every month and have extreme dark thoughts. I've had tooth aches, headaches, strong cramps, black blood, bladder pain, extreme weightloss, no appetite, dizziness, seizures, constant anxiety, extreme fatigue and weakness and all these weird things over the course of the last few months. My periods wouldn't come till 4 days into the sugar pills, and I would suffer the last week of the pills, and 3 days into my period."

Katie0423 August 12, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This is the only birth control I have ever used and I have had absolutely NO negative side effects after being on it for more than 2 years. Pros of this prescription is it cleared up my acne and my period comes every 28 days without fail. "

2years (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've actually had a pretty good experience with Apri. My only side effects are increased vaginal discharge and cramping (not during my cycle). Apri has helped with shorten and lighten my cycle. I haven't gotten pregnant on it either, but I don't take it at the same time everyday. I was paying $8 for it, but because of the Affordable Care Act, I get it for free."

LA (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2018

Caziant (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I grew up with PCOS, endo, dysmenorrhea. I started taking BC around 12, I've tried at least 9 BCPs. I'm about to start month 3 of Caziant, and my experience is: 1st month had some moodiness, boobs were kinda sore, cramps minimal, and bleeding was VERY light, but had breakthrough for 5 days before my period, then a light 3-4 day period. Month 2 is great, a few days of grouch and anxiety (normally BAD), sleep & workouts are great (avid lifter 15-20 hrs a week). My boobs look fantastic, and while my libido is down a bit, I'm having no issues getting stuff done. I'm tired, and my weight is up 5lbs , but no size gain, so no worries. I am about to start my inactive pills in 4 days, I am PMSing. Starving, slight cramps, and night sweats. Normally it's much worse. So far I'm happy with Caziant. I have not become anemic, depressed, or had panic attacks. I get mine from Costco, they have a discount card-3 months for about $75"

Noodle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...