User Reviews for Desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Apri, Azurette, Bekyree, Caziant, Cesia, Cyclessa, Cyred, Desogen, Emoquette, Enskyce, Isibloom, Juleber, Kariva, Kimidess, Mircette, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 167 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 14 reviews 97 medications

7.9
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 169 medications

Birth Control 587 reviews 295 medications

5.9
Summary of Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol reviews 608 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 3 months and am now switching. I didn't get pregnant so that's the only advantage. My mood swings were out of wack when I first started the pill. I have headaches, am tired all the time, tender boobs, severe cramping, bad acne and heavy periods. I ended up with a cyst in my left boob too. My sex drive increased and I was more wet during intercourse than my last pill. Everyone's body is different, this one wasn't right for me."

Madi3005 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Velivet (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been in Velivet for about 2 years now because of painful, heavy and irregular periods. I've tried others that were too strong. This one has worked until the last month. I've noticed that my cramping has came back and it has taken my sex drive away completely! Which is NOT good"

torrob2003 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Azurette (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Kept me from getting pregnant and was easy to remember to take because of packaging, but it made me nauseous in the morning for the first couple of months."

LMoster (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "When I first started it I got really emotional & would get irritated easily but that all subsided after the first month or so. No weight gain, no acne, no pregnancy lol. But about the only downfall to this medication is that if I don't eat quite a bit right before I take it, I'll wake up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous & not able to go back to sleep. I can't just eat a cracker or some chips & take it, my stomach has to be full. Different medications effect everyone differently so that might just be me but I'm kinda curious as to whether anyone else has had this side effect from this medication?"

Brittnayyyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Mircette (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on several different types of BC that all made me nauseous/vomit until I found Mircette. I had absolutely no side effects with this pill. The only reason I stopped taking it was because my husband and I wanted to start a family. I stopped taking the pill in August and we conceived in October so it had no effect on my fertility. I plan on taking this pill again as soon as I finish breastfeeding."

hibiscusRN (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Velivet (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "The worst experience ever. Deep depression and I've never had issues with depression in my life. I was seriously a mess."

AJ1979 February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control: "Terrible. Enough said."

Jwhwbeheiwiw (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Horrible. Horrible. Horrible!!! Do NOT take reclipsen. I'm finishing off my 2nd week and I've been miserable! My heart rate has been crazy. I've been having panic attacks that I haven't had in a long time. I've had a migraine for 2 days now. Nothing will make it go away. I've basically OD on headache medicine. I've felt so dizzy and light headed. My depression has came back. Screwed up my sleep. Super nauseous. No appetite. Some people say they've gained weight, but I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks, NOT the healthy way. I've been so miserable and it's sooo not worth it!! Save yourself and DO NOT TRY IT!!!!!!"

Hannahhhh February 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I am not happy with reclipsen. I have gained a ton of weight in the last 3 months I have been on it, I get super nauseous in the mornings, and I have one extremely bad migraine on the last day of the pills. I changed to reclipsen because my other BC was giving me headaches. Now I'm fat and have zero sex drive. I am going to stop reclipsen asap."

Jenbo321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control: "I mainly got on birth control to clear up my acne; the breakouts weren't too bad, but definitely pesty. Juleber didn't really help much with my skin. Actually, it stayed the same over my 12 months of using it. As far as a contraceptive it does the job. Just wish I could have gotten some of the positive skin clearing results many people seem to get."

Joy414 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Pimtrea (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Worst experience was given as generic for viorele . Headache nausea vomiting lightheadiness in 2nd week . First week increased acne like acne I've never had before in my life . Had to stop . Also increased my mood swings . Must of been an inactive ingredient because had no problem with viorele except wearing contacts and they have same active ingredients. Worst experience to date with birth control ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Viorele (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I really don't understand the negativity this birth control has. I started this in July 2016 and have had pretty much a standard experience in terms of taking bc. This isn't the first bc I've been on, but it's definitely the best. I suffer from PMDD so this bc is a life-saver. No longer am I on the floor in crippling pain, unable to move and/or walk. My periods are a lot lighter, as is the cramps/back&breast aches associated with it. & I don't understand 'this birth control made me gain weight!' It's been proven that birth control isn't the cause of weight gain. I'm still the size I've always been. I did, however, gain two cup sizes but shopping for cute bras is okay with me. It does it's job; unprotected sex with the fiance & not preggo."

Nikkkkaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on this for a year or two, I had been on birth control since I was 13 up-to age 22 to regulate my periods. Let's just say this is a NO GO for high triglycerides and also if you're smoking. I ended up in the hospital with Severe Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitus caused from very high triglyceroids which this pill attributed to and also a Pulmonary Embolism ( blood clot)."

Cassie1193 January 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "A lot of the reviews on here are scary, but I think it must be personal chemistry that decides if this medicine will work for you or not. I've been on it for 2.5 years and I didn't really have any physical side effects. I maybe had some breast pain when I started it, but cutting down on caffeine cured that. I do have anxiety, but I don't think I can blame this pill for that, it's kind of just my personality. Overall, this pill has just done it's job for me."

Shay J (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Reclipsen (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 and have been on this birth control since I was 16. I love it so much I've never noticed any bad side effects. I have gained weight but that's probably because I've gotten older. I recently just switched to the nuvaring because I am horrible at remembering to take the pill and am more sexually active now."

Anonymous January 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I switched to this birth control from Gildess fe 1/20 (It made me depressed intensified my anxiety and I was having two periods a month). At first I was skeptical from initial water retention and moodiness but after the first month was over all those initial issues disappeared."

Hypochondriac2.0 January 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Viorele (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This birth control changed my life. I suffered through menstrual migraines and headaches for years, for 3 weeks out of the month I had a headache almost every single day. I started this pill in October 2015 and have had THREE headaches. Amazing"

9056 January 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was put on this birth control pill in preparation for IVF. I've been on other birth control brands in the past and have never had an experience like this! It's only been one week and I am MISERABLE. Incredibly depressed, emotional, fatigued and unmotivated. I've also noticed a huge appetite increase. In the beginning I was also super nauseous but that is fairly typical in my experience. I know that different pills have different effects on people and it takes a while to adjust but as I said, I've been on multiple brands and none has ever been this bad. All I want to do is sleep, eat, and cry. Good times."

Apriexperience (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started Apri a year and 4 months ago. When I first started, I was 175. I'm currently 210. My appetite has increased tremendously. It doesn't make me very moody, although I was depressed for a couple of months (maybe that could have been due to school). I've missed as many as 3 days and was still fine. My sex drive has decreased just a little, but nothing too major. My cycle is very regular and only lasts 3-4 days. I cramp, but not every cycle. Overall, it's decent."

Coley Coley January 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "horrible lost all sex drive, was hungry all the time, cried for no reason, really annoyed 24/7, felt like a monster, made me self-conscious and feel worthless. stopped after 2 weeks."

jjbygvgtf (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Velivet (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This birth control has been a savior for me. After trying two different birth controls (Alesse and NuvaRing), I was losing hope that there was a good bcp out there. But velivet has been great! I didn't gain any weight, I don't feel any moodier, my acne has cleared up, my periods are lighter. Only complaint (which isn't really one, it's subjective) is that my sex drive is a lot more."

Asii (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started Apri after switching from a birth control where I'd only get my period once every three months. My partner said I was very moody during the first couple of months after switching, but I've since mellowed out. I've noticed my sex drive has decreased to being nonexistent except for during my period week. Other than the decreased sex drive, this pill works fine for clearing my skin and preventing pregnancy. I've noticed slightly heavier cramps than normal, but they're not unbearable."

raginasian2 December 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis: "I have been on Mircette for a little more than 2 years now and it has worked pretty well for me. My doctor prescribed Mircette because I had very painful period cramps and long periods. Physically, Mircette was perfect for me. No bad side effects (acne, weight gain, breast tenderness) and barely any cramps. I got my period the exact same time every month and it always lasted 5 days. I only started to notice a problem within this past year. My mood is completely different when I am on the pill versus when I am not. I am more irritable, tired and have no sex drive. When I am on the pill versus when I am not is like black and white; I am two different people."

nolegirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on it for 2 years and it's cleared my skin and kept my periods insanely regular (I could tell you down to a 6 hours time frame when my period was coming). However, it left me fatigued and unmotivated. My school work suffered due to that. I may even say I had very mild depression while taking this. Not the pill for me."

gdsfjoygbsjkufvdsjkydvbsdh December 27, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Velivet (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was a bit on the edge to start taking this pill, because of how poorly it was reviewed. I'm now a couple months in, and I have no complaints. My mood has stayed as positive as before, and I have had depression before but no signs of that came back. My sex drive was pretty high before, and is now the same, or even more now that I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. I haven't gained any bloatingness, or gained weight, but that could be because I exercise, and have a minimal decreased appetite since I've been on the pill. My acne has been clearing up as well. The only weight gain I have noticed is that my breasts grew a whole cup size. Nothing but positive effects from velvivet!"

Daniela D December 26, 2016