User Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol to treat Endometriosis

Also known as: Apri, Enskyce, Isibloom, Kariva, Reclipsen, Viorele, Azurette, Juleber, Desogen, Velivet, Simliya, Volnea, Emoquette, Kalliga, Cyred, Bekyree, Caziant Pimtrea Kimidess Cyred EQ Cyclessa …show all brand names

Reviews for Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol

Brittany Jo · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2017

“I have been taken it for 3 weeks. So far, so good! I was put on BC because I have severe Endometriosis and every single day of my life, I would have severe cramps. Period or not, they were always there. SO- I started BC. I started the active pill on Day 3 of my last period and it stopped it immediately (that was the plan) which is amazing, and means that it's doing what it should. With Endo, my hormones are very out of whack-- so the first few days felt like I was going through menopause. Hot flashes, cold chills, nausea, irritability-- then extremely hungry and happy all in a matter of minutes. For days. It's SO much better now, and I'm very happy to be on it. Also, I have no noticeable weight gain! That was my biggest fear!”

nolegirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2016

“I have been on Mircette for a little more than 2 years now and it has worked pretty well for me. My doctor prescribed Mircette because I had very painful period cramps and long periods. Physically, Mircette was perfect for me. No bad side effects (acne, weight gain, breast tenderness) and barely any cramps. I got my period the exact same time every month and it always lasted 5 days. I only started to notice a problem within this past year. My mood is completely different when I am on the pill versus when I am not. I am more irritable, tired and have no sex drive. When I am on the pill versus when I am not is like black and white; I am two different people.”

Anonymous February 5, 2010

Apri (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol): “I have been taking Apri since April 09. I have endometriosis and was told to either do hormone therapy or go on a different birth control, so I chose the birth control. My periods used to be unbearable but since starting this pill my cramps are actually bearable and much lighter! The only downfall is the first 2 weeks of the active pills I have noticed I am terribly moody, and will cry over anything, which isn't the way I've ever been!”

Learn more about Endometriosis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)