User Reviews for Cyclizine

Also known as: Bonine for Kids, Cyclivert

Cyclizine has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 29 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 28% reported a negative effect.

Nausea/Vomiting
5.2
Motion Sickness
10.0
Summary of Cyclizine reviews 6.4 29 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Cyclizine

latindiver June 3, 2009

Marezine (cyclizine) for Motion Sickness: “I'm a medical doctor (anesthesiologist), and also I'm a scuba diver, I was having strong problems of motion sickness, at one point just seeing the boat and I was in a motion sickness state. I started taking MAREZINE one pill the night before and another 1 hour before going on the boat and since then I've never had motion sickness.”

JB · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Just started taking this as have been suffering with terrible sickness during my pregnancy. I would vomit every time I ate and became very dehydrated, I was totally exhausted and also looking after a toddler! My Dr prescribed this along with rehydration sachets and within 30 minutes I felt so much better and after an hour was able to eat a sandwich and keep it down which was just such a huge relief after not being able to stomach more than 2 or 3 bites of food! This drug has helped enormously and means I can get on with my normal life!”

Mumof3 · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “cyclizine stopped the sickness but side effects horrendous. The first made me feel light headed and drowsy. The second made me agitated and stopped me sleeping. Also gave me palpitations and sense of dread. Awful medication will never take again. Disappointed doctor prescribed it really wish hadn't had them.”

119911 · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I’ve been prescribed 50mg Cyclizine due to feeling nauseated every day without an explanation. The first day I had noticeable side effects, with the first dose in the afternoon making me tired and my eyes blurred often. The second dose at night made me extremely agitated, and my legs kept involuntary jolting me awake. But from the day and since then I’ve been taking it for a week and haven’t had any more side effects. In addition my nausea has completely gone.”

Millie g · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I took these cyclizine when I had been feeling sick for around 7 days and haven’t eaten, I lost so much weight and my doctor gave me these. First time taking them I didn’t feel sick but I was sooo sleepy and managed to sleep the whole day. I also had weird dreams and woke up seeing shapes around the room. I’m on the 6th day of taking them and I still get spells of feeling like I’m going to throw up. I also get constipated or lose bowels :( not pleasant”

frazzleboxed · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Was given this drug as anti-sickness medication during a stay in hospital when suffering from severe tonsillitis. Immediately I started seeing weird shapes appear as I looked around and my heart rate increased rapidly as I felt very confused and overwhelmed. I screamed out for the doctor as I thought I was about to die. It felt like I was tripping on psychedelic drugs but so so much worse. I was given oxygen and my legs raised to calm down and I was fine within 30 minutes. I have never had an adverse reaction like this to medication before in my life and the experience was very scary for me.”

sea wife · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2013

Marezine (cyclizine) for Motion Sickness: “This is by far the best thing on the market for motion sickness. My husbands first love is the ocean so I have had to find something that helps me function on the water. I take it the night before and only have to take 1/2 the morning of our crossing to Catalina. It really works. A sail boater told me about this medicine 20 years ago. The only problem, it's hard to find. More people should know about this medicine.”

Randll February 22, 2013

Marezine (cyclizine) for Motion Sickness: “It was ten minutes before my 30 minute puddle jumper flight. A friend knew of my sickness and handed me box of Marzine and said take one so I did. What difference, no side effects no sickness. Was not sleepy or tired. Felt GREAT after flight.”

Amy April 2, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I took these for nausea associated with endometriosis but very quickly realised they made me feel high and also worked as a sleeping pill. I’m not addicted to it, but my boyfriend passed on a month ago and now I just take it to sleep because nothing else works and unlike antidepressants there’s no withdrawal symptoms if I want to stop. Also I can but it over the counter here in SA.”

Bill D. August 22, 2014

Marezine (cyclizine) for Motion Sickness: “This works for my wife and myself every time and even under the worst conditions (small fishing boat in rough seas at anchor). Take one the night before & 1 hr before boarding then every 3 hrs if needed. Nothing else has worked for us.”

Ele · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I was prescribed Cyclizine when eight weeks pregnant after two weeks of very bad morning sickness where I reached the point that I couldn’t keep anything down. I was worried to take it but it has been very helpful. It kicked in very quickly, for the next few days I was still sick on odd occasions but not nearly as much and after taking it for a week my diet was almost back to what I was eating pre pregnancy. I still felt a degree or nausea but not to the debilitating degree I had before. As described on the instructions I felt dizzy/eyes went a bit funny at points but not for long and I was just so glad to feel less sick. I am ten weeks now and still suffer occasional bouts of sickness, once every few days, but not nearly as badly.”

Hmg · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Given this cyclizine by IV after feeling sick on metronidazole from blood infection from piercing. Within seconds I nearly passed out, I was shaking uncontrollably all over , teeth chattering, eyes closed, convulsions etc. Thought I was going to die. Told adverse reaction to cyclizine, second that day apparently, so obviously quite common”

Peaflow January 25, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have morning sickness, vomiting (pregnancy) etc. My doctor gave me this medication. It works straight away but I had side effects. I had dry mouth and had to drink a lot of mineral water. I had constipation. After I took the tablet my body was shaking I felt cold and I couldn't concentrate on anything I felt weak for a first 1 hour. I felt better later and my stomach didn't upset me anymore. I noticed that 50mg was to big dose for me and I was taking just half of the tablet. It didn't last long but I had less of the side effects. Overall big help and this medicine helped me a lot and stop feeling bad and vomiting. I am not sure it is safe for my baby but helped me stay alive during first 12 weeks of my pregnancy.”

Jojo1972 · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Following surgery I was administered with cyclizine IV for nausea and had an immediate adverse reaction. My whole body was shaking my teeth were chattering uncontrollably I was losing sensation in my hands and feet and felt like I was falling into blackness. I had tightening in my chest and chest pains with an increased heart rate. And for 1 1/2 hours after it being administered I was unable to pass urine although I was absolutely desperate. My heart rate remains higher than usual for the following 8 to 10 hours and I was unable to sleep also. I have now noted this drug with my GP and will take extra caution next time. My nurses told me I was having a panic attack as I probably wanted to pass your in after my surgery. This was far worse”

Ronny Hotdog · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: “To cut a long story short, I got septic from failed appendicitis operation as a teenager. On morphine to help with the pain I got the sickness and spent some time on another anti-emetic. This stopped working eventually so I was given a cyclizine injection. I vividly remember my leg going into convulsions, watching the fear in my mum's face as she stood by, then my whole body shaking uncontrollably with sweats. I passed out soon after, woke up with no idea how much time had passed but was told I was allergic to it. Horrible reaction to an horrible drug.”

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 9, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have used this cyclizine a few times. First time was in hospital during a bout of Clostridium Difficile, it really worked and took the nausea away. I have since had gastro problems and have been using this again, it works after an hour or so and tends to last a few hours. This time round I have experienced a few side effects. Constipated in the evening and I had vision problems too. I will be speaking to my Dr to see what he says.”

carlyyy May 12, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Was having persistent nausea and vomiting due to a virus. Was given this drug and it did work nice after about an hour, I could finally sleep for a little bit, however it doesn't work for very long (only about 2-3 hours) and came with side effects, like shakiness and restlessness later on in the day (at least my doctor told me this medicine was to blame for that)”

Le peep October 6, 2013

For Motion Sickness: “I get severe motion sickness, no joke! Before I became pregnant, I used to take Travel ease gel tablets, they were good, but after using them so many times I started gagging when I smell them. My doctor gave me cyclizine as when you are pregnant you are not supposed to take the other one, and OH MY, I found my new love. Even with my bumpy flight for 9 hours, I was absolutely fine. Love it.”

natpat · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 17, 2020

For Motion Sickness: “Following a stroke, I had severe motion sickness even for a minute's journey up the road. Had countless other tablets which were ok I guess but I had to take again before return journey. Cyclizine are amazing, one seems to last all day even going out sailing on the Solent for the day”

Angiebdk · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 28, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have had this medication in tablets form for 1.5 yrs now and take a lot due to my Addison’s disease. When I become non stop sick and get weak I need up in hospital and get the IV cyclizine first few times I felt weird, slurred speech but very calm and settled. Like all the pain in my body had gone. Now I just get the calming feeling like I’m in the clouds.”

El · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have had a lot of health problems and have spent quite a lot of time in hospital. When I have cyclizine via IV I literally float off the bed the sickness goes straight away. I have the tablets at home and no nice floaty feeling but they do the trick!”

Tyna · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I’m on Cyclizine for pregnancy sickness and nausea. It definitely works for mild nausea and prevents me from vomiting, however Cyclizine makes me incredibly sleepy and drowsy. I feel like I’m “high”. Definitely can’t leave my house or drive after each pill.”

Griff · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I had unexplained sickness where I had unbelievable stomach pains. Drs weren't sure what was wrong but they gave me cyclizine to help. I felt awful, was totally manic, flushed and heartbeat was very rapid. Turns out I am allergic to it. Terrifying experience but luckily was given another drug to counteract the symptoms. Was lucky I was in hospital when I took this.”

Fav · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2021

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I took It and within an hour I felt terrible, felt like I was going to pass out, very dizzy and I couldn't talk, I also had chills and shakes, my family had to ring an ambulance. It was an awful experience, I was like that for nearly two hours. Be very careful with these tablets - it may scare you”

Lgcse56 · Taken for 10 years or more June 25, 2015

Marezine (cyclizine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “It is the only medication that will control my vertigo, dizziness and sickness, ringing in ears, etc.......”