User Reviews for Cyclizine to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Also known as: Bonine for Kids, Cyclivert

Cyclizine has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 24 ratings for the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Cyclizine Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 170 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Cyclizine

JB · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2019

“Just started taking this as have been suffering with terrible sickness during my pregnancy. I would vomit every time I ate and became very dehydrated, I was totally exhausted and also looking after a toddler! My Dr prescribed this along with rehydration sachets and within 30 minutes I felt so much better and after an hour was able to eat a sandwich and keep it down which was just such a huge relief after not being able to stomach more than 2 or 3 bites of food! This drug has helped enormously and means I can get on with my normal life!”

Mumof3 · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

“cyclizine stopped the sickness but side effects horrendous. The first made me feel light headed and drowsy. The second made me agitated and stopped me sleeping. Also gave me palpitations and sense of dread. Awful medication will never take again. Disappointed doctor prescribed it really wish hadn't had them.”

119911 · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2020

“I’ve been prescribed 50mg Cyclizine due to feeling nauseated every day without an explanation. The first day I had noticeable side effects, with the first dose in the afternoon making me tired and my eyes blurred often. The second dose at night made me extremely agitated, and my legs kept involuntary jolting me awake. But from the day and since then I’ve been taking it for a week and haven’t had any more side effects. In addition my nausea has completely gone.”

frazzleboxed · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2019

“Was given this drug as anti-sickness medication during a stay in hospital when suffering from severe tonsillitis. Immediately I started seeing weird shapes appear as I looked around and my heart rate increased rapidly as I felt very confused and overwhelmed. I screamed out for the doctor as I thought I was about to die. It felt like I was tripping on psychedelic drugs but so so much worse. I was given oxygen and my legs raised to calm down and I was fine within 30 minutes. I have never had an adverse reaction like this to medication before in my life and the experience was very scary for me.”

Millie g · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2020

“I took these cyclizine when I had been feeling sick for around 7 days and haven’t eaten, I lost so much weight and my doctor gave me these. First time taking them I didn’t feel sick but I was sooo sleepy and managed to sleep the whole day. I also had weird dreams and woke up seeing shapes around the room. I’m on the 6th day of taking them and I still get spells of feeling like I’m going to throw up. I also get constipated or lose bowels :( not pleasant”

Amy April 2, 2021

“I took these for nausea associated with endometriosis but very quickly realised they made me feel high and also worked as a sleeping pill. I’m not addicted to it, but my boyfriend passed on a month ago and now I just take it to sleep because nothing else works and unlike antidepressants there’s no withdrawal symptoms if I want to stop. Also I can but it over the counter here in SA.”

Hmg · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2019

“Given this cyclizine by IV after feeling sick on metronidazole from blood infection from piercing. Within seconds I nearly passed out, I was shaking uncontrollably all over , teeth chattering, eyes closed, convulsions etc. Thought I was going to die. Told adverse reaction to cyclizine, second that day apparently, so obviously quite common”

Ele · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2021

“I was prescribed Cyclizine when eight weeks pregnant after two weeks of very bad morning sickness where I reached the point that I couldn’t keep anything down. I was worried to take it but it has been very helpful. It kicked in very quickly, for the next few days I was still sick on odd occasions but not nearly as much and after taking it for a week my diet was almost back to what I was eating pre pregnancy. I still felt a degree or nausea but not to the debilitating degree I had before. As described on the instructions I felt dizzy/eyes went a bit funny at points but not for long and I was just so glad to feel less sick. I am ten weeks now and still suffer occasional bouts of sickness, once every few days, but not nearly as badly.”

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 9, 2021

“I have used this cyclizine a few times. First time was in hospital during a bout of Clostridium Difficile, it really worked and took the nausea away. I have since had gastro problems and have been using this again, it works after an hour or so and tends to last a few hours. This time round I have experienced a few side effects. Constipated in the evening and I had vision problems too. I will be speaking to my Dr to see what he says.”

Peaflow January 25, 2018

“I have morning sickness, vomiting (pregnancy) etc. My doctor gave me this medication. It works straight away but I had side effects. I had dry mouth and had to drink a lot of mineral water. I had constipation. After I took the tablet my body was shaking I felt cold and I couldn't concentrate on anything I felt weak for a first 1 hour. I felt better later and my stomach didn't upset me anymore. I noticed that 50mg was to big dose for me and I was taking just half of the tablet. It didn't last long but I had less of the side effects. Overall big help and this medicine helped me a lot and stop feeling bad and vomiting. I am not sure it is safe for my baby but helped me stay alive during first 12 weeks of my pregnancy.”

Jojo1972 · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2017

“Following surgery I was administered with cyclizine IV for nausea and had an immediate adverse reaction. My whole body was shaking my teeth were chattering uncontrollably I was losing sensation in my hands and feet and felt like I was falling into blackness. I had tightening in my chest and chest pains with an increased heart rate. And for 1 1/2 hours after it being administered I was unable to pass urine although I was absolutely desperate. My heart rate remains higher than usual for the following 8 to 10 hours and I was unable to sleep also. I have now noted this drug with my GP and will take extra caution next time. My nurses told me I was having a panic attack as I probably wanted to pass your in after my surgery. This was far worse”

Ronny Hotdog · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2017

“To cut a long story short, I got septic from failed appendicitis operation as a teenager. On morphine to help with the pain I got the sickness and spent some time on another anti-emetic. This stopped working eventually so I was given a cyclizine injection. I vividly remember my leg going into convulsions, watching the fear in my mum's face as she stood by, then my whole body shaking uncontrollably with sweats. I passed out soon after, woke up with no idea how much time had passed but was told I was allergic to it. Horrible reaction to an horrible drug.”

carlyyy May 12, 2017

“Was having persistent nausea and vomiting due to a virus. Was given this drug and it did work nice after about an hour, I could finally sleep for a little bit, however it doesn't work for very long (only about 2-3 hours) and came with side effects, like shakiness and restlessness later on in the day (at least my doctor told me this medicine was to blame for that)”

Angiebdk · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 28, 2020

“I have had this medication in tablets form for 1.5 yrs now and take a lot due to my Addison’s disease. When I become non stop sick and get weak I need up in hospital and get the IV cyclizine first few times I felt weird, slurred speech but very calm and settled. Like all the pain in my body had gone. Now I just get the calming feeling like I’m in the clouds.”

El · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2020

“I have had a lot of health problems and have spent quite a lot of time in hospital. When I have cyclizine via IV I literally float off the bed the sickness goes straight away. I have the tablets at home and no nice floaty feeling but they do the trick!”

Tyna · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2021

“I’m on Cyclizine for pregnancy sickness and nausea. It definitely works for mild nausea and prevents me from vomiting, however Cyclizine makes me incredibly sleepy and drowsy. I feel like I’m “high”. Definitely can’t leave my house or drive after each pill.”

Griff · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2020

“I had unexplained sickness where I had unbelievable stomach pains. Drs weren't sure what was wrong but they gave me cyclizine to help. I felt awful, was totally manic, flushed and heartbeat was very rapid. Turns out I am allergic to it. Terrifying experience but luckily was given another drug to counteract the symptoms. Was lucky I was in hospital when I took this.”

Don July 31, 2021

“I went in to hospital about 3 years ago because I was having bad sickness from a molar pregnancy. I had this drug cyclizine intravenous. Within seconds my vein had gotten swollen the where the drug went in to and the rest of my veins went very dark blue my whole body went red and I started fitting and sicking up lumps that looked like half cut peanuts. My heart rate went sky high and I was rushed up to the emergency room I had 3 fits one after the other. My eye sight after was very blurry for 30 minutes and I had to have a doctor come in to my room every hour to go over my speech because I wasn't able to talk it was just mumbles. Ever since I had this drug I now have on going fits they happen when I get stressed but sometimes they can happen even if I'm not. It's still an on going investigation on how to get them to stop. I've been seeing doctor and neurologists but there's still not a lot that they can do.”

Monkeymama · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2021

“I am 7 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing nausea and vomiting all day and night for the last couple of weeks. Finally spoke to the GP and started on cyclizine up to 3 times a day. The nausea decreased straight away and I’ve managed to actually keep food and drink down. The only draw back is it makes me incredibly tired which causes issues with getting to work and actually staying awake while there!”

Fav · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2021

“I took It and within an hour I felt terrible, felt like I was going to pass out, very dizzy and I couldn't talk, I also had chills and shakes, my family had to ring an ambulance. It was an awful experience, I was like that for nearly two hours. Be very careful with these tablets - it may scare you”

Lgcse56 · Taken for 10 years or more June 25, 2015

Marezine (cyclizine): “It is the only medication that will control my vertigo, dizziness and sickness, ringing in ears, etc.......”

Dave boy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 19, 2019

“Works well for sickness & nausea but terrible bowel cramps & constipation”

Nell · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2019

“Was prescribed Cyclizine for sickness after anaesthetic. After 2 doses I was having horrible vivid dreams, my legs were thrashing about and when I woke I was horribly sick. I'm not taking any more.”

SuzieCube · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2018

“Was prescribed this drug by my consultant for extreme nausea and vomiting during pregnancy, I worked a treat but made me very sleepy.”

Learn more about Nausea/Vomiting