User Reviews for Clozapine to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Clozaril, FazaClo, Clopine, Clozapine Synthon, Versacloz, Denzapine

Clozapine has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. 80% of those users who reviewed Clozapine reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Clozapine Rating Summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more May 20, 2020

“My condition is TBD. Doctors have said Bipolar 1, others have said Primary Akathisia. I've been on Clozapine for 11 years and take 100mg/night. I was prescribed this after trying numerous medications. My symptoms are constant physical restlessness, insomnia, manic episodes, racing thoughts. Untreated, the physical restlessness is almost unbearable. I tried Lithium, Seroquel, Geodon, Trazadone, Lamictal, Zyprexa, Propranolol, Gabapentin. Finally in the hospital I was given Clozapine. I hadn't slept in 3 days and was able to sleep. They titrated me up to 100mg and I was discharged. For me side effects include high heart rate, severe constipation, body aches, weight gain, extreme thirst. I'm still taking 100mg of Clozapine. This medicine has saved my life. I can sleep, sit (mostly) still, feel calm, do my job. I'm so glad my doctor thought outside of the box to give me this medicine. Good luck to everyone out there.”

AnxietyQueen · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

“I ended up in the hospital for a complete OCD meltdown. I hadn’t slept in days and was totally distraught. The hospital put me on Clozapine 50mg for about 2 weeks because I really needed to calm down while I underwent a med change. At first I was terrified of being on a medication with such a severe reputation. I was utterly shocked at the results however. I calmed down almost immediately and didn’t suffer any weird side effects. My brain didn’t feel any slower or impaired on the dose I was on. I honestly didn’t feel any different other than more mellow. I would equate the feeling to be similar to Xanax. The medication worked so well for sleep that I wanted to stay on it but the doctors ended up switching me to something more tolerable upon discharge.”

JoeRon · Taken for 10 years or more February 5, 2017

“I tried every psych medicine on the market and none controlled my bipolar problem until I was prescribed clozapine. This med has given me my life back. I am able to live a balanced, normal life on this med with little to no ill side effects. This med controls my manic, erratic behaviors and I feel stable.”

aj2321 February 28, 2013

“My son was had a myriad of diagnosis since he was 3 years old - by the time he was 20 he had been hospitalized numerous times, attempted suicide 4 times, and was uncontrollable. He had been on 19 different medicines over the course of this time with no reprieve. His doctor decided to try Clozaril as a last case alternative - I don't even know what to say, within two weeks his anger diminished, with three his personality started to emerge -the medicine completely changed his life. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. He literally transformed with 6 weeks from a boy who couldn't exist in society, could manage his behaviors or aggression and was completely out of touch with reality into a son I had never seen before. He now works full time. ”

I Wouldn't · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 14, 2016

“I took this medicine for 6 years as a teenager for "bipolar" (which we found out was a misdiagnosis). This medication made me miserable. I felt like I had died and somehow was still walking the Earth. For the first couple of years I became extremely paranoid, which I had never had a problem with before taking the medicine. The depression was still there. As the dose was gradually decreased, I felt a bit better but still had that feeling of dread. You eat everything. You sleep all the time. You don't care about anything. Coming off of the medicine is almost as bad as being on it! I had severe headaches and nausea, and I lost 10 pounds almost instantly. Clozapine has its place, but you should think hard before taking it.”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder