User Reviews for Catapres-TTS to treat High Blood Pressure

Catapres-TTS Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 312 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Catapres-TTS

Marci · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 29, 2019

"I started taking clonidine for opioid addiction and high BP when I stopped pain management. I was on Percocet 10/325 180 count and Fentanyl 50mg every 3 days, every month . For 11 years... When I went to my GP I was in horrible withdrawals and high blood pressure. Catapress-TTS took all my withdrawals away and lowered my blood pressure. It was a life saver... It made the whole process better. I still take it for my blood pressure."

Vet November 6, 2018

"Have had no problems with it."

Joyce Milty August 18, 2017

"It has reduced my blood pressure while taken in conjunction with 2 other drugs. However, I feel just plain lousy 2-3 days after taking it. My arms and legs feel leaden and I have no energy. As the week goes it those side effects appear to lessen and I feel ok. Then the cycle repeats itself. It has also reduced my heart beats to below 60. I wonder if this drug is worth it."

GLGL August 1, 2015

"DR Recommended patch over Clonidine tablets I was taking. Waited the three days for any effect. During the three days I had to resort to my .1mg tablets to control my blood pressure. On the eve of the third night, my BP hit 160 meaning the patch was useless and I immediately when back to my regiment of .05mg (half tablet) three times a day. This keeps my BP between 125-135/75-85. I have an undiagnosed condition where I have surges to 210/110 and have been higher which can last from an hour or so to several days. The tablets stabilize my BP. Periochromocytoma has been ruled out. To add insult to injury these patches are very expensive even with RX plan."

S.M.S. · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2014

"I have been taken Clonidine 0.3 mgs. twice a day for 4 years along with my anxiety medication and has helped tremendously. If I were not to take it I wouldnt be able to function properly. So yes I definitely rely on this medication to help keep me functionable for taking care of my children and keeping our home in order."

Audioman7 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2013

"This is a very effective medication but with extreme side effects. It is very short-lived and requires dividing the prescribed dosage into 3 times a day to avoid blood pressure spikes. It leaves you feeling "high" and sedated. Absolutely do not discontinue it abruptly. Stopping it abruptly causes your blood pressure to rebound even higher than it was before for several days. A better choice in this class is Guanfacine, which for me is even more effective and does not have the radical side effects."

DOWALDS November 27, 2009

"Never been a day without it. I trust my life on it!"

Anonymous November 27, 2009

"Been using it for years. I trust it so much!"

Learn more about High Blood Pressure

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)