User Reviews for Catapres-TTS to treat High Blood Pressure

Catapres-TTS Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 317 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Catapres-TTS

"Have had no problems with it."

Vet November 6, 2018

"It has reduced my blood pressure while taken in conjunction with 2 other drugs. However, I feel just plain lousy 2-3 days after taking it. My arms and legs feel leaden and I have no energy. As the week goes it those side effects appear to lessen and I feel ok. Then the cycle repeats itself. It has also reduced my heart beats to below 60. I wonder if this drug is worth it."

Joyce Milty August 18, 2017

"DR Recommended patch over Clonidine tablets I was taking. Waited the three days for any effect. During the three days I had to resort to my .1mg tablets to control my blood pressure. On the eve of the third night, my BP hit 160 meaning the patch was useless and I immediately when back to my regiment of .05mg (half tablet) three times a day. This keeps my BP between 125-135/75-85. I have an undiagnosed condition where I have surges to 210/110 and have been higher which can last from an hour or so to several days. The tablets stabilize my BP. Periochromocytoma has been ruled out. To add insult to injury these patches are very expensive even with RX plan."

GLGL August 1, 2015

"I have been taken Clonidine 0.3 mgs. twice a day for 4 years along with my anxiety medication and has helped tremendously. If I were not to take it I wouldnt be able to function properly. So yes I definitely rely on this medication to help keep me functionable for taking care of my children and keeping our home in order."

S.M.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2014

"This is a very effective medication but with extreme side effects. It is very short-lived and requires dividing the prescribed dosage into 3 times a day to avoid blood pressure spikes. It leaves you feeling "high" and sedated. Absolutely do not discontinue it abruptly. Stopping it abruptly causes your blood pressure to rebound even higher than it was before for several days. A better choice in this class is Guanfacine, which for me is even more effective and does not have the radical side effects."

Audioman7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2013

"Never been a day without it. I trust my life on it!"

DOWALDS November 27, 2009

"Been using it for years. I trust it so much!"

Anonymous November 27, 2009