User Reviews for Catapres-TTS

Learn more about Catapres-TTS.

Opiate Withdrawal 2 reviews 11 medications

7.8
High Blood Pressure 5 reviews 264 medications

7.4
Summary of Catapres-TTS reviews 7 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Catapres-TTS

For High Blood Pressure "DR Recommended patch over Clonidine tablets I was taking. Waited the three days for any effect. During the three days I had to resort to my .1mg tablets to control my blood pressure. On the eve of the third night, my BP hit 160 meaning the patch was useless and I immediately when back to my regiment of .05mg (half tablet) three times a day. This keeps my BP between 125-135/75-85. I have an undiagnosed condition where I have surges to 210/110 and have been higher which can last from an hour or so to several days. The tablets stabilize my BP. Periochromocytoma has been ruled out. To add insult to injury these patches are very expensive even with RX plan."

GLGL August 1, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taken Clonidine 0.3 mgs. twice a day for 4 years along with my anxiety medication and has helped tremendously. If I were not to take it I wouldnt be able to function properly. So yes I definitely rely on this medication to help keep me functionable for taking care of my children and keeping our home in order."

S.M.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "This is a very effective medication but with extreme side effects. It is very short-lived and requires dividing the prescribed dosage into 3 times a day to avoid blood pressure spikes. It leaves you feeling "high" and sedated. Absolutely do not discontinue it abruptly. Stopping it abruptly causes your blood pressure to rebound even higher than it was before for several days. A better choice in this class is Guanfacine, which for me is even more effective and does not have the radical side effects."

Audioman7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Never been a day without it. I trust my life on it!"

DOWALDS November 27, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "Been using it for years. I trust it so much!"

Anonymous November 27, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal "After 12 months of osteoporosis-caused rib fractures, my Dilaudid detox has been less than ideal. Despite using clonidine patches at increasing dosages, I can't seem to get through those final medicine-free 72 hours, even with the patch."

Jaci-Snow September 15, 2009

For Opiate Withdrawal "I've been on Oxycodone for over 3 years thanks to a drunk driver that hit me. I had a cervical fusion and suffer from Chronic Myfacial pain syndrome. I am basically tired of being stoned on Oxy and would like to downgrade to a NSAID. The catapress patches work absolutely great when it comes to the awful withdrawls from Oxy. The first day or two I was pretty out of it, but like most medicines, it wore off and I don't feel like I need to pop oxys as much as I did before. I recommmend it."

Cassidy411 September 5, 2008

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate