User Reviews for Olux to treat Psoriasis

Olux has an average rating of 9.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 88% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Olux Rating Summary

9.1/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Wooster777777 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 4, 2017

“It's a foam which I like, and it dries fast and clean. It's a pretty strong steroid so it does work, but obviously you can't stay on it forever. Within a week or two of using it, it will clear up your patches, but again as soon as you stop using it they will come back. I've got pretty good insurance, and it still cost me around $100 for a bottle. I recommend it for the really bad tricky spots, but don't use for too long as it will scar your skin.”

filmer88 August 16, 2011

“I had psoriasis for 3 years before I tried Olux. At that time, I had a bald spot on my head and no skin on the back of my ears. (It was all raw and covered in pus). I used Olux for three days and my psoriasis cleared up for over a month. The only reason I stopped using it was my new insurance would not cover it. Olux is the ONLY medication that has helped me. I have tried a dozen other medicines and nothing has worked the same.”

Firm believer April 21, 2018

“I've had severe psoriasis since an infant. I have back of scalp, nape neck outside each ear and inside 1 ear. I've tried every cream and shampoo nothing worked. At 15 my Dr came across samples. It hurt, it burned but it worked. Dr had 2 push it thru Medicaid. They approved it 4 me & no charge. Doesn't leave scalp greasy. I used it off & on as symptoms flared.It removed it from outside ears & dramatically reduced it on scalp & inside ear. Starts showing results with in 1 week. It took 3 weeks for it to disappear off front ears. I was young & didn't continue use .If I had used it right (always hated the burn) I believe it would have completely removed it from all areas. Once 18 I didn't have Medicaid & wasn't able to afford insurance or the medication (very costly) .I am 29 years old & it never returned on outside of ears. I do still have it inside ear & scalp .I have lived with it since. Please recommend this medication to your Dr if you can afford it. You wont regret it. Best ever used.”

Anonymous March 16, 2011

“Olux has been the only topical medication I've used that has been able to control the psoriasis on my scalp. Over the past few years, my condition has significantly worsened. However, since beginning to use Derma-Smoothe and Olux, I have been able to maintain a very healthy scalp. The Derma-Smoothe is fantastic for removing the initial buildup from psoriasis, while the Olux is a great for preventing its return. I only have to use Olux about once every 2 weeks, or at the first sign of any symptoms. Only downside is the high cost (since we have a high insurance deductible). However, I personally find it to be worth the money.”

msully29 December 26, 2008

“The only really effective remedy for my scalp psoriasis. I used Scalpicin but it turned my white hair yellow-ish and I had to keep using it almost every day. Olux for three days and my scalp is clear and not itchy for 2-3 weeks!”

olux fan November 12, 2009

“This IS the only stuff that works. My Uncle was a Dermatologist and I have tried everything that had ever come out on the market. I was without insurance for a time and couldn't get Olux (couldn't afford it) and I had a severe outbreak. After finally getting a prescription, it was gone within 2 weeks.”

Anonymous April 3, 2009

“This has worked inside my ears very well. It's not been effective for me on my scalp or back, but works great for my ears!”