User Reviews for Prepopik

Prepopik Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Prepopik to treat Bowel Preparation

"This is my fifth colonoscopy since my diagnosis and tried Prepopik on the advice of a friend. I had no cramps, vomiting or pain. I drank the required amount of liquid as suggested and then some. I think that is key. It started working in about an hour. It tasted a bit better than the other preps but the best thing was how little you had to drink. I heard no complaints from the doctor and when I go back in 3 years I will use this again."

Wagon (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

"To anyone panicking if it's been hours and nothing has happened: don't worry. I came here reading these reviews and started freaking out because I have a colonoscopy tomorrow, was supposed to have Colyte, it was out of stock, so I had to take Prepopik, and after 7 hours it hadn't started working yet. Even the Colyte took about 3 hrs to start working, but this one, I did everything right, drank all the liquids after and nothing happened for 7 hours! I was ready to call the whole procedure off in the morning and was so stressed, but as soon as I took the second packet followed by the 3 8oz. doses of liquids after the last drop of the 3rd 8oz. it kicked in. It's not over yet, but seems to be doing the job. Colyte was so disgusting to drink so much of, and made me very nauseous. This one, however, you barely have to drink anything, it doesn't taste bad, and I had less nausea. I wish you all well and speedy recoveries to those suffering from these terrible diseases."

vi March 21, 2018

"Taking this was fine. Procedure was ok. I am having diarrhea for days after procedure. Pain and cramping before bowel movement. Will not take again."

Erma March 4, 2018

"this prep by far was the best I have ever done out of 3 preps for colonoscopies. Absolutely no cramping, no nausea no bloated feeling , just running to the toilet is it ! It was a slow type of action also, so u didn't feel so deadly dehydrated !!"

snickers (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

"I had 3 colonoscopies over a three year period. I used Prepopik for all 3. I actually liked the sweet/sour taste and the doc said that I was clean as a whistle! Love it! P.S. also used and online coupon to get some money off."

Poo poo prep February 20, 2018

"Prep for colonoscopy with Prepopik began at 4pm. I drank the first five ounces of prep followed with five 8 ounce cups of waster. Nothing happened for five hours. At 10 pm while I was stirring the second packet of Prepopik I felt the urge to eliminate. I was up all night going to the restroom, the final trip taking place at 6 am. My colonoscopy procedure began at 9 am and was stopped because my colon was not fully prepared for the procedure. My doctor said afterward that I will need to use another form of colonoscopy prep and undergo the procedure a second time within the next two weeks. Prepopik is an absolute fail!"

Shaleigh (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

"I didn’t even finish the first dose and it was working already. No pain, much easier to use than other nasty preps, one of which I threw up and had to reschedule the colonoscopy. So much easier to drink and tasty I wish they gave me this the other times !"

Jlboer January 28, 2018

"I don't know why there are so many negative reviews of this. This was my third colonoscopy and this was by far the easiest and most effective prep. The taste as not bad and much better than a gallon of the previous stuff. No bloating, cramping, or vomiting. Took the first dose at 6PM and was going about 7. Took the second at 2:30 and was totally clean by 4:30."

mbusster (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

"I have had many colonoscopies, and this was the worst prep I ever used. None are pleasant, but for me this is the worst. Took the first packet at 2:00pm. It took an hour to start working, and produced several loose bowel movements and lots of cramping and nausea. Took the second dose 6 hours later at 8:pm. Had a loose b.m. within 15 minutes and then nothing until four hours later after lots of cramping and bloating. I have consumed way more liquid then the instructions say to, and it is now 3:00AM and I am still not clean. My scope is scheduled for 11am and my experience tells me there is no way I will be clean by then. I STRONGLY ADVISE you to not use this.................."

jcarndt December 8, 2017

"Coudn't drink the prep. It was disgusting! Didn't even matter how little the volume was. I got both bottles down, but felt bloated and sickly until my procedure was over. Can say I will never use this prep again."

S.F (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

"Took the first dose at 4 and second at 9 pm. Woke up at 3 am with severe chills, nausea and vomiting that then triggered a migraine. Am very weak a day later and cannot remember most of the day, yesterday when I had the colonoscpy"

cyn;ar (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

"I used this for preparation of my 1st Colonscopy. The taste was pretty decent, citrus taste. Took 1st dose at 4pm with 40 oz of clear fluids, within 3 hours I was going a lot for a good hour. 2nd dose 10pm with 30 oz of clear fluids, within 1 hour was going again. Procedure was at 7:30am, doctor was pleased with how well I was cleaned out. Procedure went well. Note, follow Drs. and medicines directions. Do not eat heavy a couple days before, Stay hydrated before and during. I have recommended this to others since my procedure in September."

RiaM December 5, 2017

"I was worried after reading some of the comments, so I did a stool softener for 4 days before, and also did liquids for 2.5 days. I got pretty sick of beef and chicken broth! Took my first at 4 pm, just made me feel full, but taste was decent. I did my 5 waters within 2 hours. It started working 30-45 mins, but the stool softener cleaned me out a bit before. I did the other dose at midnight, I was able to go to sleep about 2:30, for my 7 am appt. Everything was fine and I would do this again. I used cold water for my drink it seem to go down better than the flavored drinks I bought."

nice and clean (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

"I was prescribed Prepopik for a colonoscopy prep. I have had three colonoscopies in the past and never had a problem getting "clean" by following the instructions. However, with Prepopik this was not the case. The first dose was completely ineffective. I had to urinate almost immediately each time after drinking the prescribed fluid but it did nothing for my bowels. The following morning, taking the second dose, the Prepopik did begin to clean out my colon however not well enough for my early afternoon procedure. My copayment was $75 for this ineffective medication."

Very Dissatisfied November 24, 2017

"I took it as instructed, drank even more water than prescribed and it did not work well. Nothing happened after 1st packet and had some BM after second, but it did not clean me out enough according to my dr. Loved the taste and small amount to drink."

Schp (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

"I am a 36 year old female. This was my first colonoscopy so I was terrified, but Prepopik was great! Has a nice orange flavor and provided a very gentle but thorough cleanse. Per Dr's instructions, I did the split dose method - one packet of prep mixed with 5 ounces of cold water (stir well!) at 6:00 PM the night before procedure followed by 40 ounces clear liquid (I did water and apple juice), and the other packet at 6:00 AM the next morning followed by another 40 ounces clear liquids. My procedure began at 11:00 AM, and by 8:00 AM my bowel movements were all liquid and yellow in color. Procedure went great! A word of advice: the day before prep, eat very light food that is easy to digest - no large, heavy meals."

girlygirl81 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

"Took first 5oz dose at 4 p.m. followed by drinking about four bottles of water ( 5-8oz glasses are recommended). Started to work within 30 minutes. Second dose at 10 o'clock followed with more water. Doesn't taste horrible and works really well."

Gary575 September 29, 2017

"It was $80 co-pay but worked well for me with only five 8-oz cups of water in the evening and three in the morning. I wouldn't be able to drink a gallon of alternative medication with gastritis. Important to follow instructions and mix the powder with water for at least 2-3 minutes, otherwise you will have nausea. It becomes warm when mixed. Set multiple alarms/look at the clock to drink water in recommend intervals. You will likely get an irritation of your butt from flushing out. Be prepared with Vaseline/A&D ointment and warm water baths to relieve the symptoms. I scheduled the appointment for 12:30 pm which was the latest available to avoid getting up at night as you need a few hours for your morning doze to finish working."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

"Second routine colonoscopy - first one phosphasoda prep - not available anymore - terrible but clean bowel. This time on Prepopik - terrible - fainted twice - nausea - and 1/4 not cleaned out - recommended repeat in one year I don't think so - Stuff tasted ok"

Syncope August 21, 2017

"Prepopik is the way to go for colonoscopy prep. Last time I had to drink the 64 ounces of Golightly which was horrible! Sickening taste that made me want to vomit, chills, aches & pains, and just plain horrible. Prepopik was a piece of cake! Starting 7 days prior to procedure by cutting out high fiber foods, nuts & seeds until the day before procedure when I went the liquid diet of basically popsicles, jello, & Sprite Zero. This was probably the worst part of my prep this time simply because I was hungry! Started using the Prepopik at 6:00 pm night before my procedure following the instructions in box and it worked wonderfully without all the other issues! Doc said it cleaned my colon very well too so I don't have to go back for 10 years!"

Colonoscopy Hater (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2017

"This is my fourth colonoscopy...hands down the best prep I've used! Only have to drink 5 oz of prep.. two times about 8 hrs apart...it does not taste bad...the others were horrible I gagged and vomited . Works quickly...so you're not up all night."

Torre August 16, 2017

"My experience has been excellent with this. Between myself, my husband, brother and mother - we have used all different bowel preps and this was BY FAR the easiest and most pleasant tasting one!!!! If you can ask for it - do so!"

LilliS August 9, 2017

"Had a colonoscopy and discovered an aggressive colon cancer in May, had surgery in June to remove the cancerous tissue and resection my bowel in the descending colon. For both my colonoscopy and surgery, my doctor used Prepopik to prepare my bowels. Pleasant taste of cranberry and easy to get down with just a 5oz shot and 5 additional 8oz glasses of water for each process. Best of all of this, my doctor caught my colon cancer early enough before it had a chance to spread. So I'm 100% Cancer Free!"

Cancer Free and Loving It! (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

"I had a colonoscopy today and used Prepopik for bowel preparation. For my last colonoscopy several years ago, I had used Magnesium Citrate and found the Prepopik SO much easier to take, and my doctor said I had a nice, clean colon afterward. The way I took it, I didn't taste it, and it went down very easily. This is what I did: Before drinking the Prepopik, I had a small amount of ginger ale. I prepared the Prepopik with very cold water, and after stirring it as directed, I added a few ice cubes. Using a straw and HOLDING MY NOSE, I sucked that baby right down in several big gulps, and following a recommendation I saw on the internet, I immediately sucked on a lemon! Sounds weird, but it worked!! I seriously didn't taste the stuff!"

Sweetestpea (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

"Was given this for a colonoscopy prep. Drs orders said to begin prep at 4pm and second round at 8pm. Colonoscopy was scheduled at 8 am next day. I started it at 2pm and did second round at 6pm. Had no idea what to expect so wanted to get it over with. Had only heard horror stories about people having to redo the whole test because prep didn't work. Didn't want to go through it again. Took about 40 min for it to work. Didn't have to go running to the bathroom. Also, drinking the 5 glasses of water after, wasn't so bad either. Have to say that the second round worked better than the first. And, it doesn't taste bad either. But colder is better. Finally "ran clear" by 10 pm and was able to sleep. Colonoscopy went well too."

Anonymous July 25, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

More about Prepopik (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Other brands: Clenpiq