User Reviews for Prepopik

Learn more about Prepopik.

Prepopik Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Prepopik to treat Bowel Preparation

"This was my first colonoscopy and was very nervous but with prepopik is was so easy, no pain and cramping and very easy to drink. I was worried I didn't empty enough but doctor said I was completely clean!"

Theresa's first time 51 September 22, 2016

"Taken exactly as instructed. Not effective at all. Procedure rescheduled."

SurfGuy (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

"This was my first colonoscopy and chose Preponik because it would be easier to drink. I normally have constipation problems so I was concerned that it would not work. I mixed it very very well with cold water (3 minutes of mixing) at 4 pm and drank it. It had a nice flavor like orange tang. Then I drank the 8oz of water (one every 30 mintues). I was able to have a bm after 1 hour. Then I had a dozen for the next 3 hours. I was able to go to bed and sleep. No cramping. No nausea. The next morning, I drank the mixture at 3 am and the 8oz of water (every 30 minutes). I did 4 waters until 6 am because my colonoscopy was at 10:20 am and I was not supposed to have fluids 4 hours before. Preponik worked great. I would highly recommend it,"

DonnaFirstTime September 16, 2016

"This was my third colonoscopy and had never had problems before with other prep kits. This one did me in. I woke up the day of the procedure feeling queasy, and sure enough, about 40 minutes after drinking the prep, I was vomiting profusely. I had to run the drug store to get magnesium citrate to complete the process, but got sick after that as well. Luckily, I kept the latter down long enough to get the necessary affect. My gastro was not happy that I'd had the problem. He apologized profusely and said that was the last one he was prescribing. Too many patients were reporting problems."

jag62 September 16, 2016

"I read these reviews religiously before my first colonoscopy a few weeks ago. My experience with prepopik was very positive. I took the first dose around 5:40 pm. Within 40 minutes I was on the toilet. This was on and off until 11. I fell asleep and woke up for the 2nd dose at 2:30. This time I was not able to complete the required liquids. I was so nauseated. I finished up around 5 and slept until my appointment time. The diarrhea was a liquid from the beginning, and I was petrified that my colon was not clean enough. Turns out, it was gorgeous. My colonoscopy went without a hitch. my only complaint is nausea, and that wasn't too awful."

Mistybmc (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

"Easy to take especially with all the clear liquids now available ((core peach water etc) clear broth,ginger ale, etc. First dose worked after about two hours. 3:30 am dose worked after 2 hours. Cost was $140 with $10 off from my insurance. Well worth it. Very different from my last prep. Tip: eat lightly a couple of days before prep."

D5310 September 1, 2016

"I'm 53 and this was my third colonoscopy. I did not do well with the bowel preps from my first two colonoscopies. I had difficulty keeping the prep solution down and it made me sick for a week after the procedures. In comparison, Prepopik was fantastic. It was still a bowel prep, but a lot less traumatic on my system. The taste wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I only had one small BM with the first dose and worried that it wasn't working, but the second dose kicked my system into gear. I took it at 10pm, but was able to fall asleep around 1:00am. The other preps kept me up all night. I won't be signing up for extra colonoscopies, but Prepopik will make the mandatory ones much easier! Thank you!"

allyg (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

"This was my fifth colonoscopy but my first with Prepopik. Compared to having to consume huge volumes of disgusting fluid in previous colonoscopies, this was not so bad. The Prepopik itself was not bad tasting--it had a citrus flavor. I had to drink 40 oz. of water over five hours after taking the first dose the night before the procedure. About 45 minutes after the first dose, it started working. When I went to bed, I was concerned that it was not working because I had a lot fewer BMs than with previous colonoscopies. The morning of the procedure, I had to get up at 4:30 (four hours before the actual procedure) to take another does followed by 24 fluid oz. of water over an hour. Doctor said I was super clean, so it worked fine!"

All pooped out (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

"36 y.o. Was prescribed prepopik for prep for colonoscopy. I was suprised that it was only 2 ,5 oz glasses of prep when everyone complains about drinking a gallon. After one 5 oz cup it took 90 minutes for first BM. I could easily make it to the toilet. I had 3 watery BM then it stopped. 5 hours after first one I took the second dose. No BM till morning. It wasn't very bad so I was worried it wouldn't be clear for the colonoscopy, but it was great. Very easy . The drug cost me 100$ after insurance."

Ashim376 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

"Today was my third colonoscopy; so almost a veteran. First the good part: this stuff is easy to use, no bad (but not good) taste, no side effects (no vomiting, headache etc), no abnormal discomfort and produced the desired results (no detail necessary) in a reasonably quick time. The desired results were accomplished such that the doctor commented how squeaky clean my colon was. The slight downsides: - the split dose required doing this whole thing twice, including getting up at 2:30am (and of course not even thinking about going back to sleep right away) for a 7:30 am appointment. -numerous trips to the bathroom for several hours after each of the two packets of stuff and fluids. -out of pocket cost was $120, seems EXCESSIVE"

rick port washington August 17, 2016

"I used Prepopik for a colonoscopy today. Used it as instructed by my Dr and last dose was 10 pm for a 9:30am procedure. I get colonoscopies every three years so have had many experiences with different solutions. Prepopik was very easy to use as it is not as intense as others. I had no side effects however I. Still had diarrhea when it was time for the procedure. Not fun and my system was not nearly as clean as with all others I have used. That being said I would not use this again as it is more important to prep well to get the best result from the colonoscopy. I would put up with inconvenience to ensure a clean colon. I will ask not to use this next time."

Kathy9q August 16, 2016

"After all the horror stories I've heard about colonoscopy preps, I was hesitant to even think about the process. Having said that, PrepOPik was the easiest part of the entire procedure. No gagging on gallons of yuck, no cramping, no nausea ... nothing unpleasant other than the induced diarrhea. I'd recommend this prep in a heartbeat!"

Stop this August 13, 2016

"Very easy and successful prep wthout any side effects!"

LMPM (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

"I don't know what the bad reviewers are talking about. Yes, the product tastes fine but who really cares--this isn't about taste. BM induced within about 45 minutes, and then regularly thereafter. Got up three times at night. No gas, bloating, or other side-effects whatsoever. I'm now a few hours from the procedure and BM is slightly cloudy yellow, which I understand is the goal. In short, maybe only people having problems bother to post reviews."

54-year old August 8, 2016

"VERY POOR RESULTS IF YOU HAVE A SLUGGISH COLON (as I do) I do NOT recommend this product - as "great-tasting" as it is. This was my 2nd colonoscopy and I failed it in spite of 1 week of Miralax 2x a day, and a 2 day liquid diet - 3 days liquid and put myself on a 3 days low-residue diet. I had read how pleasant tasting the prep was and yes folks, it taste like the powdered "Tang". followed by the standard for colonoscopy preps - lots of water, which wasn't difficult as I usually drink a minimum of 8-10 ounce glasses a day I thought I was completely clear but NOOOOOO - Still going! THUMBS DOWN. Back to GAG Go-Lightly next time (with a Compazine to prevent nausea. Doctor gave me the prep - fortunately, didn't have to BUY it."

Wolfzone August 3, 2016

"Now I have a history of colitis so this is about my 10th one or more. It was nice that you on had to drink 5oz of the liquid at one time followed by 5 more 8oz glasses of liquid. The taste was more citric with a hint of orange. Much better then the lemon lime stuff that I have had to drink in the past. Plus it did not make me nauseous (which is a plus in my book). It did take about 2 hours for me to have my first BM after drinking the Prepopik, and then only 2 more until I had to take the second dose. Then proceeded to go every 45min to an hour until I went to bed. Didn't wake up during the night to go, only when I woke up an hour prior to my procedure. This is not a fun experience in general, but overall one of the easiest preps I have had"

Tinkerbell101 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

"Prepopik left me very sore, gassy and bloated. Would never use again."

#39 July 29, 2016

"3rd colonoscopy, first with this prep. I was excited not to have to force down the large volume of the traditional and discussing prep fluid. That's where my satisfaction ended. In short, it didn't do the job and left me bloated and cramping for days. 3 weeks after the procedure I was still not feeling myself. I have learned from others this is a common experience. Do not recommend!"

CD8 July 20, 2016

"Oh Goodness. It sounds nice b/c you get to the pharmacy and they don't hand you this great big jug to walk out with. It's 2 little packets. You mix 1 with 5oz of water twice. Sounds too good to be true right. That's because it is. You then have to follow that with (5) 8 oz of a clear liquid. With in 5 hours. By the time I was able to get that down, because remember you have to take into consideration running to that toilet every 15 minutes, it is now time to start the next packet. You have to start the next packet 6 hours before your procedure. So, if your procedure is at 9am. You are waking up at 3am to take packet number 2. My procedure 6am. I had to take my first packet at 6pm. My 2nd @ 12am. No sleep for me. It sucks and $$$$"

Counselor GoGo (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

"Horrible vomited all night became dehydrated needed iv fluids next day"

Madge1 July 12, 2016

"I used this prep only after the Dr. gave me a coupon that brought the cost down from $135 to $40. Talk about money down the toilet. I was instructed to take 1st dose at 6 p.m. & 2nd dose at 4 a.m. for colonoscopy at 10 a.m.. Had first BM at 7:30 and 4th BM around 2:30 a.m.. After 2nd dose at 4 a.m., no BM until 7:30 a.m. & still nowhere near running clear. Around 8 am, intense cramping began with very violent BM's. Passed out & became very weak. Doctor said to go to ER. Colonoscopy was canceled & they gave me fluids & was released by 11 a.m.. Still continued to have BM's 17 hours after 2nd dose. BM's didn't start running clear until 12 hours after 2nd dose. I am a 54 year-old male who is healthy & active."

Steve54yearold July 9, 2016

"I choose prepopik because a GI doctor recommended it. The colorectal surgeon performing the coloniscopy agreed to let me try it. Taking it is very easy and it tastes fine. I took it at five in the afternoon. Within an hour it started to work. I continued to have to use the bathroom off and on for the whole evening. Finally at 1:30 I called the surgeon and told him I was still going to the bathroom and there was no way I was going to be able to do a second dose. He agreed. Turned out the first dose cleaned me out just fine. I had cramping while taking it but nothing horrible. I didn't feel nauseous and I didn't get a hesdache. I have a sensitive stomach and one dose was plenty. The procedure itself was a breeze."

Zebra 1 July 8, 2016

"Today made my third colonoscopy in 11 years. I know gag. Prepotik was not good for me. I thought at first it was good because I only had to drink 5 oz....followed by 5-8oz glasses of clear liquid of my choice. I did it rather quickly because it was easier than Golightly. My stomach bloated and I felt sick. It took the product over an hour to produce results. I also had a headache for the entire duration of the prep.(1 1/2 days) A headache with a pain rating of 8-9. I did not vomit. The next day I repeated the process. The second dose I finished but same symptoms as before...except I vomited 1 1/2 hours later. BTW...you never get a clear stool with this product. I arrived for my test and was given Zofran to prevent vomiting again."

yukko (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

"It took at least 5.5- 6 hours to work. It wasn't until the second dose did mine start to work. The taste was fine- drink it with a straw it really does make a difference!"

DeeNC June 30, 2016

"I had my 5th colonoscopy today and I used Prepopik for the first time. In past props, I had horrible experiences with the different drinks that I had tried it. Several of them caused me to be very nauseous and even throw up but this was fantastic. I followed the directions for taking it twice in one evening and it worked perfectly. I was in the bathroom 45 minutes after the first drink and then went regularly from that point on. I was a little nervous that my output was not as clear as I would have liked but by the time of the procedure at 8 AM things were at a good point. The report I received from the doctor said that the prep was excellent and they could see everything clearly. I am so grateful to this company for developing a product that doesn't taste horrible and can be used in such a small amount."

S. Lewis June 28, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Prepopik (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Professional resources