User Reviews for GoLYTELY

Bowel Preparation
6.4

Summary of GoLYTELY reviews 6.7 34 reviews

Reviews for GoLYTELY

For Bowel Preparation "Worst tasting stuff ever! I had the unflavored one. And I will try most anything . Tastes very “fishy” . That’s the worst. It helps to have it very cold on ice. Also I cut a lemon and sucked on a slice after every drink like a tequila shot. That helps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I've had several colonoscopies done. This was the first time I was given Golytely. This was much better tasting than whatever the other G-E doctor prescribed."

tonyp (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This was my third time prepping for a colonoscopy second time with golytly. I usually don’t mind the taste but this time they didn’t offer a flavor so I got the unflavored yuck! Started at 6pm immediately felt bloated drank till 8pm expecting to explode before my next dosing at 3 am. 2:30 I feel like it’s finally going to work it did. So I’m sitting in the bathroom with a 1/2 gallon of Satan’s nectar drinking it plain and chasing with Gatorade no straw. I got the best clean out I’ve ever had this time. Next time (I grow polyps so I’m an every 3 year preper ) I’ll ask for the flavored kind or add some crystal lite. All in all not a bad experience now it’s over."

Three time user (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2018

For Constipation, Chronic "This is the hair that bit the dog in the ass! I end up with three procedures three different preps within two weeks time! Now because of the back to back procedures with these preps I have chronic constipation I can no longer go to the bathroom on my own so I have to take golytely again! It's created a vicious cycle and I think it's ruining my GI tract my large intestines can't produce feces on their own anymore I don't even get it dropped down into the rectum! On top of that that he keep giving me barium experimenting knowing that that's making it worse exacerbating what's going on already! Three different gastroenterologist and they're killing me! Golightly has ruined my life! I can't eat a thing without getting plugged up!"

Tova (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "After having two other colonoscopies I suggest to drink this without any flavoring, it taste much better that way. Adding the flavor only seems to intensify the salty taste I divided the drink up in the 4 quart containers and drank 1 at a time much easier to do. Drink it through a straw. You have less chance of becoming nauseous . I coated my rump as as suggested by others who had the prep. It really helped. P.S. Thank you to all the people who offered suggestions it really helped. I also drank the prep at room temperature and chilled. The only difference was at room temperature it was a little bit more salty. If you’ve ever mixed baking soda and water for heartburn that’s what this prep reminded me of but, actually tasted better. It was not horrible. At the end I replenished with Gatorade. I also had 3 more clear BM’s the next day which was the morning of my procedure. So you might want to wear a protective pad or something like the depends or take an extra pair of clothes in case you can’t get to the bathroom fast enough."

Nemo57 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "I wouldn't normally review this type of thing, but I had read every horror story on the internet before I took it. It didn't taste "good" and everyone is different, but it was nowhere near as awful as I expected. This is not medical advice, but as other people have suggested: 1. chill it so it's cold when you drink it 2. use a straw 3. As per my doctor, I rinsed my mouth between glasses with ginger ale 4. Based on what I'd read, I ate a low residue diet for the 4 days before (toast, bananas, jello, yogurt, applesauce) and was done with the process in 3 hours. 5. Do some stretches to move your stomach around. My problem turned out to be revealed thru the endoscopy, not colonoscopy. But this wasn't among my top 25 worst experiences in life"

Just wasn't that bad (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "Had to do my prep before the doctor had to go mining. I chose the unflavored. Used water at room temperature. I would recommend this. Taste a little like salty water. Don't refrigerate it or you will get the chills. It will clean you out! I felt great, I believe, from the Go Lytly alone. Felt great getting the pipes cleaned."

Chkellball June 13, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "I have to drink two bottles of this stuff, 2 day cleanse and this is my second night. I started drinking it with a lemonade powder, I LOVE lemon anything lol, anyway to me it tasted horrible with the lemon so I tried it by itself and it taste like baking soda and water. Last night at the beginning I felt a little bloated and a very little nausea after things started moving my stomach settled down. I am drinking two jugs because my first test I used something else and did not work as well as it should have. I pray this will be the last time for a long long while! It does do the job!"

Tired113 May 5, 2017

"I suffer from chronic constipation and then severe diarrhea. I had to take the golytely for a colonosopy. It was awful!! They told me to start taking laxatives on Friday.I had to take 2 on Friday, Saturday and 2, 2 hours before the prep. So I only had 3 glasses before it happened! Lol! The directions said to stop once the stool was clear. It worked very well I only had to drink half if it (thank god!) I had severe nausea and close to emesis each time I had to drink that foul drink! I will never do it again they better get what they need!"

Anonymous April 16, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "This cleanse was actual living hell. The taste is horrible. I do suggest mixing it with powerade or gatorade and it masks the flavor slightly. You feel so bloated and shaky and it took forever to go to the bathroom. Up all night with the shakes and going to the bathroom. Also, makes you gag, and don't be fooled because the first taste isn't that bad. Avoid this drug at all costs!!"

Belle4528 February 21, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "wow, this stuff will clean engines inside and out ha ha. nasty taste but very effective. won't do it again i can assure you that"

1disabledvet (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Fifth time having the fun of Golytely. I'll share what my pharmacist told me before the first time. Get some hard candy, something you don't normally want, like lemon drops. Suck on the candy while drinking the solution through a straw as quickly as possible. The candy helps to cut the salty taste and going through straw makes it much quicker."

Multiple time user - unfortuna (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "It's effective, but it is horrible !!! Terrible taste and too much to drink. Highly recommend Suprep instead - taste is not bad and only 16 ounces at night and 16 ounces the next morning."

SueJohnson November 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Man this is disgusting the flavour is from the depths of hell"

Kev2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "If you have problems for the taste I would recommend getting some Gatorade and mixing with it instead of the flavor pacet and water. Tastes 10 times better and the electrolytes help."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is SO gross! I've managed to drink down 1/2 the Gallon so far, and NO bowel movement. It tastes so hideous I feel like i might puke. Not sure how I can keep drinking this."

skinny girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Caused vomiting with the first half of dosage. On the second half had vomiting with blood, bright red.was told to stop using it. had to have an enema just before the colonoscopy. The day after the colonoscopy, my stomach is still nauseated."

Cama (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I know many people have trouble with the whole colonoscopy experience but I really don't know why. To me it it's a very comical experience. Drink a glass every 10 or so minutes and soon you'll be timing for the bathroom about as frequently. I liked the added note on the GoLYTELY to jiggle your tummy to help remove extra poo. I have to admit after the whole GoLYTELY experience I wanted to watch what the whole fuss was about. Watching the scope do it's thing was amazing. Now that I have to do it all again I will not drink quite as fast (I wasted some by projectile vomiting some of it back up ... also comical) but I will dance and jiggle my bowels about to get them as clean as I can. My biggest concern is what flavor to get. Pineapple? NOT"

Amzl July 9, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I was told I could add the little packets of crystal light lemonade to the Golytely to make it more tolerable. I would put a packet with the glass you are drinking to measure the strength of the lemon flavor."

Bobby K June 29, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Oh my God!! I am really glad that I have eaten really lightly for the last few days and nothing at all today. It works alright! Felt full and kind of bloated after the first glass and by the third, I was running for the bathroom. Still have half to go but am afraid to leave the bathroom to drink it! They better get a good look tomorrow because I am not doing this again! Lol"

Jen9899 June 28, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I took this exactly how the instructions show. I started at 4pm as told and still wasn't done with the process 6+ hours later! I will never use this product again! It is not worth it. It was so hard to get down and keep down as well. Very unsatisfied with this product!"

Anonymous May 5, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "After reading all the horror stories I wanted to cancel procedure so thought I'd share my experience. Honestly NOT THAT BAD! Took as directed, added nothing for flavor. Tasted very salty, just a swig of Apple juice after each 8oz dose, every 15 mins. Had no side effects. No bloating. No gas pains. No discomfort. Had only broth on prep day. Had only a chicken omelet afternoon prior to prep. No cramping with bowel movements. Procedure was a breeze, without the "wind". Hope this helps ease someone's anxiety."

horselover-us March 29, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Started drinking this concoction and the very first thing that came to mind was "Why does this stuff have to taste so bad? Why can't it have nice chocolate flavor? Is the science that created it incapable? I mean really, does it need to taste like what it is meant to produce?"

Charles R. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Horrible. Just finished the first half and I am dreading literally dreading the second half. I threw up half of it and feel sicker then a dog with a splitting migrane!"

Kate2345 September 20, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Worked as expected. No solid food after dinner two nights before procedure day, clear liquids only, began at 6:00pm, then chased each glass of prep with ginger ale on ice for taste. Important to use straw with prep; helps bypass the taste on tongue. Residual cleansing continued into the night for several hours, but not too inconvenient."

Subaruowner July 16, 2015