User Reviews for GoLYTELY

Learn more about GoLYTELY.

GoLYTELY Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for GoLYTELY to treat Bowel Preparation

"I know many people have trouble with the whole colonoscopy experience but I really don't know why. To me it it's a very comical experience. Drink a glass every 10 or so minutes and soon you'll be timing for the bathroom about as frequently. I liked the added note on the GoLYTELY to jiggle your tummy to help remove extra poo. I have to admit after the whole GoLYTELY experience I wanted to watch what the whole fuss was about. Watching the scope do it's thing was amazing. Now that I have to do it all again I will not drink quite as fast (I wasted some by projectile vomiting some of it back up ... also comical) but I will dance and jiggle my bowels about to get them as clean as I can. My biggest concern is what flavor to get. Pineapple? NOT"

Amzl July 9, 2016

"I was told I could add the little packets of crystal light lemonade to the Golytely to make it more tolerable. I would put a packet with the glass you are drinking to measure the strength of the lemon flavor."

Bobby K June 29, 2016

"Oh my God!! I am really glad that I have eaten really lightly for the last few days and nothing at all today. It works alright! Felt full and kind of bloated after the first glass and by the third, I was running for the bathroom. Still have half to go but am afraid to leave the bathroom to drink it! They better get a good look tomorrow because I am not doing this again! Lol"

Jen9899 June 28, 2016

"I took this exactly how the instructions show. I started at 4pm as told and still wasn't done with the process 6+ hours later! I will never use this product again! It is not worth it. It was so hard to get down and keep down as well. Very unsatisfied with this product!"

Anonymous May 5, 2016

"After reading all the horror stories I wanted to cancel procedure so thought I'd share my experience. Honestly NOT THAT BAD! Took as directed, added nothing for flavor. Tasted very salty, just a swig of Apple juice after each 8oz dose, every 15 mins. Had no side effects. No bloating. No gas pains. No discomfort. Had only broth on prep day. Had only a chicken omelet afternoon prior to prep. No cramping with bowel movements. Procedure was a breeze, without the "wind". Hope this helps ease someone's anxiety."

horselover-us March 29, 2016

"Started drinking this concoction and the very first thing that came to mind was "Why does this stuff have to taste so bad? Why can't it have nice chocolate flavor? Is the science that created it incapable? I mean really, does it need to taste like what it is meant to produce?"

Charles R. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"Horrible. Just finished the first half and I am dreading literally dreading the second half. I threw up half of it and feel sicker then a dog with a splitting migrane!"

Kate2345 September 20, 2015

"Worked as expected. No solid food after dinner two nights before procedure day, clear liquids only, began at 6:00pm, then chased each glass of prep with ginger ale on ice for taste. Important to use straw with prep; helps bypass the taste on tongue. Residual cleansing continued into the night for several hours, but not too inconvenient."

Subaruowner July 16, 2015

"This was much easier than expected. First I went on low fiber diet two days before taking it. One day (from mednight ) before procedure I went on clear liquid diet with no solid food. Then took GL at about 6 PM. No reaction until seventh 8 ounce glass of GL. Then it did the job it's designed to do. No pains or cramps. The solution was cold and I got each glass down as fast as comfortably possible. Taste? I didn't notice anything bad about it and did not add any flavoring. It's like drinking a lot of water. Maybe they should have a beer flavor to make it go down even easier."

GeorgeTheFirst (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2015

"I had rectal cancer and a rectal resection in 2012. Used MoviePrep and Half Lytely with no problem. Two years have passed and I experience nausea more frequently than before and I am unable to finish even a third of the Pineapple flavored GoLytely. So bad. Salty pineapple whoo whew."

go not July 29, 2014

"I dunked it with out ice, awful taste, But when I put ice and lemon in it, it was awesome, just like lemonade. I strongly recommend ice in your glass. By the way those powders that comes with it, they are very sweet and doesn't taste good but ice and lemons is the best. It is a lot of drink, I did it in 2 days after 5."

Gulyt March 13, 2013

"Clean-out went much better than expected. Taste was better than I feared. If you like to drink water, like I do, it was no big deal. I swallowed 80 oz in half an hour."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2012

"Wonderful prep. Had slight abdomen pain towards the end. It did exactly what it was meant for. It really was not bad at all!! The only reason it didn't get a ten was because it was a lot to drink. I chugged some. Sipped it. And it took 4 hours to finish but I like this because you do it at your own pace. And once you are empty. No more loose stools!"

Anonymous December 4, 2012

"I had stomach cramps within minutes of starting my first glass of Golytely and started my first bowel movement before I could even finish my first glass! Aside from the nasty taste and the stomach cramps, I have to say this really works. I think my colon will be completely clear for the colonoscopy tomorrow morning at the rate I'm going and that's saying a lot since I'm disabled and have zero control down there in that area."

Dreamyr0304 December 27, 2011

"It was just barely drinkable and you have to drink a huge amount of it. In my case, there no effect for hours and hours and I felt totally bloated. It finally started working, but I didn't feel as fully emptied out as I would have liked by the time of my procedure in the morning. I had followed instructions to the letter, including the dietary instructions the day before."

Not effective April 6, 2011

"You do not go-lightly, tastes like slightly salty water."

Anonymous September 8, 2009