User Reviews for GoLYTELY

Learn more about GoLYTELY.

GoLYTELY Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 89 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for GoLYTELY to treat Bowel Preparation

"I wouldn't normally review this type of thing, but I had read every horror story on the internet before I took it. It didn't taste "good" and everyone is different, but it was nowhere near as awful as I expected. This is not medical advice, but as other people have suggested: 1. chill it so it's cold when you drink it 2. use a straw 3. As per my doctor, I rinsed my mouth between glasses with ginger ale 4. Based on what I'd read, I ate a low residue diet for the 4 days before (toast, bananas, jello, yogurt, applesauce) and was done with the process in 3 hours. 5. Do some stretches to move your stomach around. My problem turned out to be revealed thru the endoscopy, not colonoscopy. But this wasn't among my top 25 worst experiences in life"

Just wasn't that bad (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had to do my prep before the doctor had to go mining. I chose the unflavored. Used water at room temperature. I would recommend this. Taste a little like salty water. Don't refrigerate it or you will get the chills. It will clean you out! I felt great, I believe, from the Go Lytly alone. Felt great getting the pipes cleaned."

Chkellball June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have to drink two bottles of this stuff, 2 day cleanse and this is my second night. I started drinking it with a lemonade powder, I LOVE lemon anything lol, anyway to me it tasted horrible with the lemon so I tried it by itself and it taste like baking soda and water. Last night at the beginning I felt a little bloated and a very little nausea after things started moving my stomach settled down. I am drinking two jugs because my first test I used something else and did not work as well as it should have. I pray this will be the last time for a long long while! It does do the job!"

Tired113 May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This cleanse was actual living hell. The taste is horrible. I do suggest mixing it with powerade or gatorade and it masks the flavor slightly. You feel so bloated and shaky and it took forever to go to the bathroom. Up all night with the shakes and going to the bathroom. Also, makes you gag, and don't be fooled because the first taste isn't that bad. Avoid this drug at all costs!!"

Belle4528 February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"wow, this stuff will clean engines inside and out ha ha. nasty taste but very effective. won't do it again i can assure you that"

1disabledvet (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Fifth time having the fun of Golytely. I'll share what my pharmacist told me before the first time. Get some hard candy, something you don't normally want, like lemon drops. Suck on the candy while drinking the solution through a straw as quickly as possible. The candy helps to cut the salty taste and going through straw makes it much quicker."

Multiple time user - unfortuna (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's effective, but it is horrible !!! Terrible taste and too much to drink. Highly recommend Suprep instead - taste is not bad and only 16 ounces at night and 16 ounces the next morning."

SueJohnson November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Man this is disgusting the flavour is from the depths of hell"

Kev2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This stuff is SO gross! I've managed to drink down 1/2 the Gallon so far, and NO bowel movement. It tastes so hideous I feel like i might puke. Not sure how I can keep drinking this."

skinny girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Caused vomiting with the first half of dosage. On the second half had vomiting with blood, bright red.was told to stop using it. had to have an enema just before the colonoscopy. The day after the colonoscopy, my stomach is still nauseated."

Cama (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I know many people have trouble with the whole colonoscopy experience but I really don't know why. To me it it's a very comical experience. Drink a glass every 10 or so minutes and soon you'll be timing for the bathroom about as frequently. I liked the added note on the GoLYTELY to jiggle your tummy to help remove extra poo. I have to admit after the whole GoLYTELY experience I wanted to watch what the whole fuss was about. Watching the scope do it's thing was amazing. Now that I have to do it all again I will not drink quite as fast (I wasted some by projectile vomiting some of it back up ... also comical) but I will dance and jiggle my bowels about to get them as clean as I can. My biggest concern is what flavor to get. Pineapple? NOT"

Amzl July 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was told I could add the little packets of crystal light lemonade to the Golytely to make it more tolerable. I would put a packet with the glass you are drinking to measure the strength of the lemon flavor."

Bobby K June 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Oh my God!! I am really glad that I have eaten really lightly for the last few days and nothing at all today. It works alright! Felt full and kind of bloated after the first glass and by the third, I was running for the bathroom. Still have half to go but am afraid to leave the bathroom to drink it! They better get a good look tomorrow because I am not doing this again! Lol"

Jen9899 June 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this exactly how the instructions show. I started at 4pm as told and still wasn't done with the process 6+ hours later! I will never use this product again! It is not worth it. It was so hard to get down and keep down as well. Very unsatisfied with this product!"

Anonymous May 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After reading all the horror stories I wanted to cancel procedure so thought I'd share my experience. Honestly NOT THAT BAD! Took as directed, added nothing for flavor. Tasted very salty, just a swig of Apple juice after each 8oz dose, every 15 mins. Had no side effects. No bloating. No gas pains. No discomfort. Had only broth on prep day. Had only a chicken omelet afternoon prior to prep. No cramping with bowel movements. Procedure was a breeze, without the "wind". Hope this helps ease someone's anxiety."

horselover-us March 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started drinking this concoction and the very first thing that came to mind was "Why does this stuff have to taste so bad? Why can't it have nice chocolate flavor? Is the science that created it incapable? I mean really, does it need to taste like what it is meant to produce?"

Charles R. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible. Just finished the first half and I am dreading literally dreading the second half. I threw up half of it and feel sicker then a dog with a splitting migrane!"

Kate2345 September 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked as expected. No solid food after dinner two nights before procedure day, clear liquids only, began at 6:00pm, then chased each glass of prep with ginger ale on ice for taste. Important to use straw with prep; helps bypass the taste on tongue. Residual cleansing continued into the night for several hours, but not too inconvenient."

Subaruowner July 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was much easier than expected. First I went on low fiber diet two days before taking it. One day (from mednight ) before procedure I went on clear liquid diet with no solid food. Then took GL at about 6 PM. No reaction until seventh 8 ounce glass of GL. Then it did the job it's designed to do. No pains or cramps. The solution was cold and I got each glass down as fast as comfortably possible. Taste? I didn't notice anything bad about it and did not add any flavoring. It's like drinking a lot of water. Maybe they should have a beer flavor to make it go down even easier."

GeorgeTheFirst (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had rectal cancer and a rectal resection in 2012. Used MoviePrep and Half Lytely with no problem. Two years have passed and I experience nausea more frequently than before and I am unable to finish even a third of the Pineapple flavored GoLytely. So bad. Salty pineapple whoo whew."

go not July 29, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I dunked it with out ice, awful taste, But when I put ice and lemon in it, it was awesome, just like lemonade. I strongly recommend ice in your glass. By the way those powders that comes with it, they are very sweet and doesn't taste good but ice and lemons is the best. It is a lot of drink, I did it in 2 days after 5."

Gulyt March 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Clean-out went much better than expected. Taste was better than I feared. If you like to drink water, like I do, it was no big deal. I swallowed 80 oz in half an hour."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wonderful prep. Had slight abdomen pain towards the end. It did exactly what it was meant for. It really was not bad at all!! The only reason it didn't get a ten was because it was a lot to drink. I chugged some. Sipped it. And it took 4 hours to finish but I like this because you do it at your own pace. And once you are empty. No more loose stools!"

Anonymous December 4, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had stomach cramps within minutes of starting my first glass of Golytely and started my first bowel movement before I could even finish my first glass! Aside from the nasty taste and the stomach cramps, I have to say this really works. I think my colon will be completely clear for the colonoscopy tomorrow morning at the rate I'm going and that's saying a lot since I'm disabled and have zero control down there in that area."

Dreamyr0304 December 27, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was just barely drinkable and you have to drink a huge amount of it. In my case, there no effect for hours and hours and I felt totally bloated. It finally started working, but I didn't feel as fully emptied out as I would have liked by the time of my procedure in the morning. I had followed instructions to the letter, including the dietary instructions the day before."

Not effective April 6, 2011