User Reviews for Clenpiq

Bowel Preparation

Reviews for Clenpiq

mluckyjd June 7, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “For 2-3 days prior to prep day. I ate very low fiber foods. Prep day I did liquids. At 5pm I drank the first bottle. It was okay and I sucked a lifesaver while I drank it. I used a straw and was able to finish it fairly easily. I then drank 24 ounces of liquid. About an hour later I got headache and was nauseous. Then I began going to the bathroom regularly. From about 7-midnight I was running to the bathroom and I did dry heave a bunch. But by midnight I was pooping totally clear. I was so nauseous that I decided since I was totally clear, that I was not going to take the second bottle I decided not to tell the doctor I only did one bottle of prep since I was still pooping totally clear. I am 5 foot and 116 pounds and the doctor said I was 100 percent clean and did a perfect job. I am not saying everyone should only drink one bottle but if you feel you absolutely cannot continue AND you are pooping clear, I can say it worked for me!!!”

CL740 · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “Great experience for my first colonoscopy thanks to Clenpiq! I drank it with a straw and the taste is slightly salty, that's all. A few sips and it's down. I started having diarrhea about 60 min later without any belly aches, any nausea, nothing. Early this morning I drank the second bottle, again no problems with the taste and no belly aches, no nausea during evacuation. I could not recommend Clenpiq enough. I am extremely happy with this experience. I was so fearful of the prep after hearing horror stories from friends and family, but I should not have been. I had no polyps so my next colonoscopy will be in 10 years when I turn 60 and I will make sure to ask my doctor to prescribe Clenpiq. It works well btw, I was squeaky clean (my doctor's words)! Stop fearing the prep and get ready for an important procedure with Clenpiq! You won't regret it. Now, to finally have some solid foods today!! Take care everyone!”

HF · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “This was the most barbaric and traumatizing cleanse I’ve ever done. I would not recommend to anyone, ever, for any reason! Severe cramping, vomiting simultaneously while cleansing the colon, shaking, trouble breathing, numbness in legs and arms. Absolutely terrifying. I thought it was going to be the end of me, alone on my bathroom floor! This is not a one size fits all. I’m 5’3”, 117 lbs. I was given the same quantity/ prescription that a 400lb person would receive. This stuff is toxic! Never again.”

Anxious Prepper · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “After reading reviews of Clenpiq, I was absolutely terrified to take it in preparation for my colonoscopy. I had nightmares about it. I have emetophobia and was so scared it would make me sick and I'd have to cancel my appointment. BUT IT DIDN'T! In fact, I felt great and had a very smooth, easy prep. No nausea, no vomiting, no real cramping. I was gassy and had a mild, nagging headache, but all very tolerable. It doesn't taste amazing, but it's really not bad. It's just really sweet. It worked very quickly, too. I started drinking at 6 and by 7 was well on my way to being cleared out. My doctor said my prep was perfect and he could see everything. It is now the day after my procedure, and my only complaint is that I'm still feeling the effects of Clenpiq on my bowels a bit. But it's not incapacitating at all. If you're scared of this product, I strongly encourage you to give it a try. I was truly pleasantly surprised. All that panic for nothing at all.”

KCC January 15, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “This works. I always gagged on cough syrup so I was worried. I like that each of the two doses is 6 ounces. I’m 50 so this was my first time. I’m a big water drinker with a strong stomach--not concerned about nausea. I had NO food on prep day. I had coffee in the morning lots and lots of water 80 ounces during the day. I started prep 5:30pm taking Reglan pill to reduce nausea. After 30 minute wait begin drinking the first dose. I mixed a 50-50 cocktail w/ Gatorade citrus. The product is extremely sweet, but I had no gagging. Bathroom trips started 30 minutes later and then hourly for the next 3 to 4 hours. I was able to sleep until 130 when I was due to get up again. I took the second Reglan pill begin drinking second dose around 2am. This one was harder to get down but still not too bad. After another hour of trips to the toilet I was able to go back to bed until a.m. Doctor said I was "clean". clean results no nausea acceptable taste. This went as well as it could.”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “I was given this as a free sample. I understand it is quite expensive. Did not eat anything the day of prep. I was quite anxious after seeing some reviews. First bottle was at 4:00. Took 15 minutes to get down with a straw and popsicle bites in between. Kind of nasty taste but at least it is small. Kicked in about 45 minutes later. In and out of the bathroom for the next few hours. No cramps. Seemed pretty cleaned out. Took next bottle at 10:00 with same straw and popsicle. No cramps but finished going around 1:00 am. Not as bad as some people are saying. Better than the citrate prep I did last time.”

zzlafswife January 17, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “First of all, I am a healthy 50 year old woman. I am having a good experience (well, as good as this can be anyway) for the most part. I am doing the day before prep because my colonoscopy (first one ever) is scheduled early in the morning. I started my clear liquid diet as soon as I woke up and about noon I drank the first bottle of Clenpiq. It’s cranberry flavor, not terrible except for a bit of an aftertaste.The prep kicked in within 20 minutes of drinking it! I haven’t felt nauseous. I can tell when I need to go with no cramping at all. I haven’t had a headache. I will be taking my second bottle at about 6pm. My advice is to make sure you drink plenty of clear liquids BEFORE and during your prep day! Staying hydrated seems to really help with everything! I did choose to eat “lighter” for the three days before.I think it helped as well. I hope whoever reads my experience feels relief.Good luck to you!”

Lucie · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “Just did this Clenpiq prep last night. After reading all the negative reviews I was a little nervous. I have a hard time getting a lot of fluid down so this prep was great for me. The taste is pretty bad yes, but I just took a few sips and chased it with water til I was done. I was able to get it down no problem and drink the required glasses of clear liquid after each dose. I did drink extra water during the day and drank a little extra after each bottle. This prep was worth every penny and very tolerable. Did not experience any side effects I saw in other reviews.”

Chooch · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “This is my second colonoscopy. The first prep was an awful experience. I was scared to see how this one would go. It was much better than doing to big gallon of prep . These are 2 small bottles which have a salty sweet flavor . Much easier to take down . It does leave a nasty after taste but it’s nothing like the other prep I had. I would choose this over the old fashioned way any day. I know everyone is different but I personally had no side effects.”

Cruz March 25, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “Clenpiq is much better than miralax. I have a colonoscopy every year and a half. The last time I used clenpiq, and I love it, because you go less to the bathroom and the doctor told me my colon was very clean, and I didn't have any side effects. It's the best . Thank you.”

pez · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “This stuff is awesome compared to the nightmare preps I've had in the past!! Easy to drink, no nausea or vomiting, no cramping. I was so surprised considering I have only had violent reactions to laxatives in the past. The taste is salty and sweet and kind of lingers in your mouth, but it was a small amount to drink. I just chugged it down without an issue and followed with a full glass of water. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy.”

Jeano March 12, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “Am 69 years old and have had over a dozen colonoscopies over the years due to IBD. This is absolutely the best prep EVER. Beats the gallons of stuff you had to drink on the old days. Was worth every penny.”

JJ February 15, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “Like many others I was scared poop-less (pun intended). Yes I was thinking the worst of the worst. In fact, I even convinced myself this is the end. Anyway, at 5pm I took my 1st Clenpiq thinking I would be throwing up. However, the formula was delicious. Not cocktail on the beach delicious but laxative the day before my colonoscopy delicious. I drank it slowly within a 5 min to make sure my system didn't reject it. Immediately after I drank 5 cups of H2O to make sure I stayed hydrated. However, at the 30 min it kicked in & boy did it kick. At around 10 I went to sleep which surprisingly happened quickly being that I thought this was the final chapter. Then at 2am my bowels had other plans. 53 minutes & a bag of wipes later I was back in bed. The following morning I got up and had my 2nd dose & followed the same formula from above. However, within minutes I was back in the bathroom. Surgery went really well. In fact, I was cleaner than a showroom .”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “Just had a colonoscopy screening this morning after Clenpiq prep. I hope this encourages others with anxiety about colonoscopy prep. I was terrified of all the possible negative side effects - headache, cramping, nausea, and vomiting, and not being cleaned out after all of that. I have a sensitive stomach and don't drink a large volume of fluids. ate a low-fiber diet for 2 days prior to prep day and I took Zofran (anti-nausea medicine) 30 min before each prep dose and I easily drank lots of fluids yesterday - and I am NOT a chugger - and I was not hungry. My nurse said I could sip the prep - better to take 30 minutes to finish it than drink too fast and risk nausea/vomiting. It didn't taste BAD, just very sweet. The prep resulted in clear, pale yellow elimination with no cramping, extreme urgency, or other side effects. I took one Clenpiq dose at 3pm and one at 9pm yesterday. My procedure was at 7:30am today. I am SO thankful I did it - screenings are so important! I will choose Clenpiq again!”

Golfer January 5, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I have had several colonoscopies and various preps over the years. This one is easiest in terms of amount of liquid required, however, after an hour or so after the second bottle - the vomiting began. The taste is not great but since the bottle is so small it is manageable. The bowel movements started about 45 minutes after first bottle. I had no issues with cramping etc. I also didn’t need to spend every waking moment in the bathroom, and the prep was effective (the dr said clean out was excellent). I plan to request this prep for next procedure (for me is every 2 years ). I usually do not posts comments etc, however, I did research this prep prior to utilizing it and based on the reviews here I was apprehensive about it. It honestly is not as bad as some of the reviews indicate, so I wanted to share my experience in the hopes it will help relieve other’s anxiety about the prep.”

KEM · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “Did the split dose. Took first dose at 5pm. Took about 2 hours to start working. Very few cramps. Taste was not too bad and I sucked on a cough drop while sipping it through a straw. Had no trouble drinking the needed water after. Went to bed around 9pm and only woke up twice to use the bathroom overnight. Did second dose of ClenPiq at 4am. This one worked much faster. Followed up with the water. Procedure went great and I felt really good throughout the prep and after the procedure. Also, I did eat light two days before procedure and, of course, just had clear liquids the day before. Don't panic over this process. Wasn't bad at all.”

KSmith · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “I am a 46 yo female. I just had my 5th colonoscopy. My Dr. said I was cleaned out well. I like that Clenpiq was low volume. I hate the high volume preps! But the taste was awful. I had to dilute it with Perrier and Gatorade which helped. I made homemade chicken broth and peach-flavored Jello to get me through the day. I started it earlier (at 3:30pm) rather than the proposed 5:30pm time and I'm glad I did to get the process started sooner. First bowel movement came 90 mins later. I know colonoscopies are not easy, but they are a necessary evil, make the best of it. :)”

Kit · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “I have used every bowel prep on the market and I could tolerate none of them. Clinpiq was actually the first prep where I could complete both doses with no vomiting or gagging. I was shocked at how much better this prep was compared to the standards. Easier to get down, worked immediately. Second dose a little harder, but I was exhausted by that time. Have your doctor give you an anti-nausea drug and take 1/2 hour before each dose. Take your time, slug a dose and chase it with beverage of choice. The volume is so much smaller and quicker to get down. It is not that bad. Flavor not awful I was pleasantly surprised. I would highly recommend.”

VNN · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “Used Clenpiq for my first colonoscopy prep doing a one day split dose. I ate a very low fiber diet 6 days prior to prep day as well as just a little soft foods day before prep day. Hydrated with 8oz+ per hour clear liquid from morning until first dose at 4pm. Prep worked by 4:25 movements last until about 6pm. No side effects at all. Doesn't taste great but was able to just drink it. Followed all instructions exactly. Second dose at 9pm. Movements done by about 11. Super easy with Clenpiq compared to horror stories I've heard of the old prep style.”

Lori July 17, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I had only used Suprep in the past and dreaded having to go through this again. The doctor gave me the option of using Clenpiq this time and my experience was so much better. I did the low fiber diet for 3 days before and drank lots of Gatorade and fluids the day of the prep. I started my prep at 3pm and drank the first bottle with no problem. It tasted so much better than the Suprep. No comparison! It started working within 30 minutes. I was then in the bathroom for the next 3 hours with only leaving for maybe 10 minutes at a time. No cramping or pain. I started my 2nd dose at 10:00 pm. I had one episode of cramping but that went away after about 10 minutes. I had no burning or having my butt on fire like I did with the Suprep. The colonoscopy the next day went well and doctor said I was cleaned out well. I would definitely recommend this prep over Suprep any day!”

George · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “I’ve had at least 5 prior colonoscopy and never had this experience. This product does not work. I wish I would have read the previous reviews before my procedure - the procedure had to be cancelled. This product should be taken off the market.”

Pasqualina February 25, 2021

For Bowel Preparation: “I’ve had several colonoscopies in the past two years. Clenpic was by far the easiest to take. As these preps go, the flavor was the easiest for me to drink. I really liked that I could drink the needed amount of clear liquids over a five hour period. So when I need another colonoscopy at the end of this year, I will request Clenpic, that is unless they come out with a pill!”

ndodson July 19, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “Highly recommend! This was my second colonoscopy with a different gastroenterologist. The first time I did the mirlax prep and had a horrible time with the prep. I always said I would never have another one due to prep. I was extremely anxious about the prep. The doctor prescribed this prep and had a free sample at the office. Insurance did not cover and it would cost $170 if not for the sample. It was easy to get the bottle first bottle down. I used a straw. Taste was not bad. I drank fluids all day and drank more then recommended during prep. Tolerable cramping noted. Second prep had to be done at 3am. Was still going to the bathroom in the office at 9am so I recommended starting early. Prep was described as good by the doctor. I would highly recommend taking this prep!!!!”

28 March 18, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I'm a 28 year old female, physically fit, and healthy. I saw gastro because I thought I had hemorrhoids. My grandfather died of colon cancer, so my doctor deemed me enough of a risk to warrant a colonoscopy, despite being so young. I did the split dose, and as someone who fears medical procedures, I can attest that this was very easy. I've seen the nightmare stories online of people running to the bathroom and staying there for a long time. I didn't have any of that. Clenpiq obviously tastes like medicine, but it's bearable and easy to drink! I experienced bowel movements 1 hour after the first dose, and periodically throughout the evening and after the second dose. It's not fun to do a colonoscopy prep and fast for 24 hours, but it was so much easier than the internet makes it seem. Clenpiq seems to work really well. I did not have any dizziness, nausea, or headaches, and by the morning I was prepared for the colonoscopy (which was also much easier than I anticipated).”

Made it through the Night February 11, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “Today I took my first dose of clenpiq at 5:30pm. I have really bad gag reflexes so I was terrified to drink it. It took me almost an hour to get it all down. After each small swallow I chugged a glass of water and soften lemon/lime popsicle and waited until I got the taste out of my mouth. The popsicles were a life saver. They helped me not to gag. Using the straw did not help. I I also held my nose as I swallowed. I was on the toilet before I finished the first bottle. I had no cramps no vomiting and no nausea. I had a headache I followed the same pattern with the second bottle at 3:30am. I was on the toilet halfway through at 4:10am. About 5:30 am I was finished. I stayed near the bathroom at all time. Sometime during my pooping I had excruciating burning and irritation. Overall Clenpiq was not as disgusting as I thought it would be but really sweet nasty. It cleaned me out completely and my colonoscopy was fast and clean. No polyps. Did the job.”

Upstate NY · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “CLENPIQ is by far the worst medication I have ever taken!! The taste is pungent, acidic, and still penetrable while holding my nose! I could not swallow once without gagging! Then there is an after taste that lingers for many hours. It feels like is has infiltrated your gums, tongue, and mucus membranes. The only decent thing I have to say is that it was effective. With all the strides in medicine there have been, and colonoscopy being a routine procedure, there must be something better than this product. I don't think any person should be subjected to this, ever! I had a colonoscopy 10-15 years ago and the prep was no big deal. If it were like this experience, I may not have had a second colonoscopy. I have been through surgeries, births, other medical procedures, and many many medications. Some have been painful or uncomfortable, but I would choose ANY of them over this!! If this is prescribed for you, please ask for something more pleasant!!!”

IMarie53 November 4, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “I would definitely do this prep again if they don't come up with something even better by my next procedure. No cramping, no vomiting, no feeling like a lot of liquid sitting in my stomach. Taste was not good but tolerable (drank it down and sucked on a lemon drop to get taste out of my mouth.) I read a lot of reviews on preps and I think the low residue diet 3 days before helped a whole lot. I wasn't sure it would clean me out because I didn't have near the BM's like when taking other preps but I was cleaned out. No warning sign for bathroom time, muscles seem to just open up. I would try to up my electrolyte drinks next time because they had to give me some, although I drank lots of liquids (for someone who doesn't like water.) I had read so many negative comments on this prep but sounds like it just depends on the individual.”

lala July 18, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “Not as bad as expected. Followed all directions from Dr, ate low fiber for 3 days, then liquid diet day of prep. First dose 7pm, next dose at 7am in morning for 3pm colonoscopy. Taste not great, but ok. Got it down in 3 swallows. Sweet sourish. Taste can linger. I got rid of it by scraping my tongue (you can use a tablespoon, in a pinch) and then swish with water. Drank all of the water required fast, and then continued to drink water, gatorade, etc. Took 2 hrs to start, hit peak hr later. Very watery, etc. No pain or cramps. No problem making it to toilet in time. Done for night 11:00pm, able to sleep all night. Next dose, did same and drank more liquids than asked. Worked faster. Same result. Done by 1:00pm. This was just fine. I think what made a difference was low fiber for 3 days, and drank more liquids than what was required. Worst of prep for me was no eating for such a long time. Jello and italian ice helped.”

More about Clenpiq (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Other brands