User Reviews for GoLYTELY

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about GoLYTELY.

Reviews for GoLYTELY to treat Constipation, Chronic

"This is the hair that bit the dog in the ass! I end up with three procedures three different preps within two weeks time! Now because of the back to back procedures with these preps I have chronic constipation I can no longer go to the bathroom on my own so I have to take golytely again! It's created a vicious cycle and I think it's ruining my GI tract my large intestines can't produce feces on their own anymore I don't even get it dropped down into the rectum! On top of that that he keep giving me barium experimenting knowing that that's making it worse exacerbating what's going on already! Three different gastroenterologist and they're killing me! Golightly has ruined my life! I can't eat a thing without getting plugged up!"

Tova (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2017

"If you have problems for the taste I would recommend getting some Gatorade and mixing with it instead of the flavor pacet and water. Tastes 10 times better and the electrolytes help."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2016

"I had been constipated for roughly 4 days after quitting drinking this. I foolishly upped my fiber intake by way more than I should have and got myself backed up. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Go-Lytely, which is a terribly ironic name for such a medicine. I already have passed stools and feel a lot better. The taste is awful though, Its like lemonade made with one lemon, no sugar and salty well water."

Kman90 August 15, 2011