User Reviews for Prepopik

Bowel Preparation
6.4

Summary of Prepopik reviews 6.4 147 reviews

Reviews for Prepopik

For Bowel Preparation "I got a free sample from my Dr, used it and liked it because there was less to have to consume. It worked fine. I recommended it to my daughter today and she was told it was off the market.??"

Bob September 14, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "My experience is pretty much spot on with what others have said. The liquid is not easy to get down since it is super sweet and a bit fizzy but I committed and did it. It worked quickly and no cramps."

Elle (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "First time colonoscopy. I'd say this was easy-peasy prep. Worked like a champ within 2 hours of first dose. Found this to be easy because of the low volumetric requirements. 1st dose, then 5 eight oz liquid. 2nd dose, then 3 eight oz liquid. Their website is helpful. Just select split or day-before options to get exact timing of your doses based on your appointment time. Good luck with yours!"

Cat Mom (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Definitely my preferred bowel prep. Very few symptoms and no electrolyte imbalances."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Best stuff ever worked great..!!!Easy to drink!!!Will only use this"

bev (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This prep did nothing to help get ready for my procedure. I wanted less to drink, but this wasn't it. I quickly had to call for Golightly or I would have had to have a redo. Not worth the chance with all the unpleasant few days before. :("

Diane (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "It was my first time having colonoscopy and everyone is saying the prep is the worst. Prepopik made it really easy. Tastes good, only 5 oz to drink followed up by 5 glasses of water over the next few hours and then again 6 hours before the procedure. I was able to get little naps between toilet visits. No cramps or discomfort. No major time in the bathroom, just in and out. Totally worth extra money. "

nica June 14, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I was absolutely terrified of the colonoscopy, especially the prep, so I put it off until I was 56. BUT: I was surprisingly happy with Prepopik and won't use anything else going forward. I'm a small female and was concerned about the volume of prep as well as potential nausea and cramping. I took the prepopik as directed, and drinking the five ozs. of solution was exactly like drinking a room-temperature orange Gatorade. Easy! My doctor had suggested that I consider going on a liquid diet for 2 days rather than one to make the prep most effective. I stuck with broth, Gatorade, Jello, and water. Followed instructions for evening and morning dose. Evening dose begin to work after 1 hour, while morning dose worked after half an hour. Result: Doctor said procedure went perfectly and the colon was impeccably clean-- no need to return for 10 years! Highly recommend."

Chicago56 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Did not do the job. Colonoscopy has to be redone as a result. It may be somewhat more pleasant to take than Moviprep or GoLytely, but what good is that if it doesn't work? I've taken both of the latter two with good results."

rg (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Took as directed, but much less effective than other preps. My bowel was not clean and doctor says I have to do another colonoscopy soon. Although perhaps more pleasant to consume than some others, what good is it if it doesn't do the job? Also, at 14 hours post procedure I'm experiencing far greater post procedure discomfort than I have with other preps. Stay away from this product!"

Rgprints (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had put off colonoscopy due to fear of the prep.- after the awful stories and having a weak stomach. Prepopik changed that. Easy breezy! My husband couldn’t believe how easy it was for me vs his previous experience. Time for his next one and he is using Prepopik too. Dr said it did a great job too!"

Km May 3, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I have no idea why this got so many bad reviews except to say people are more likely to review a product or business etc. when they are dissatisfied and who is really ever "satisfied" with bowel prep? :) So it tasted like.... sweet and sour orange soda without the fizz? Not actually repulsive at all. I had to drink some gross stuff for an MRI once. This was way better. I have never had a colonoscopy before but picked up my rather expensive Prepopik (I think around $125 after insurance), followed directions to the T and had no bloating or discomfort. It took about an hour to kick in. I went to the bathroom about 5 times last night and five times so far this morning after doing the second round of prep (I had a split pack). No discomfort. I had been prepared for the worst but it was super easy. I drank more fluids than required but I just feel a wee bit dizzy, that's it. BM are yellow liquid so I believe I am all set for today. I would recommend Prepopik."

S. April 27, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "First time using this prep. Taste not too bad and the volume of prep to drink was fine - 5 oz the first dose. It took 35 minutes to work...and work, and work. It's the first day post colonoscopy and its still working! I took half of the second dose and probably should have taken only a quarter. This prep made me feel like I had the flu, caused palpitations etc. Even though it worked well for the procedure, I will never use this again. Way to caustic for my system."

Nurse (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "This is my fifth colonoscopy since my diagnosis and tried Prepopik on the advice of a friend. I had no cramps, vomiting or pain. I drank the required amount of liquid as suggested and then some. I think that is key. It started working in about an hour. It tasted a bit better than the other preps but the best thing was how little you had to drink. I heard no complaints from the doctor and when I go back in 3 years I will use this again."

Wagon (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "To anyone panicking if it's been hours and nothing has happened: don't worry. I came here reading these reviews and started freaking out because I have a colonoscopy tomorrow, was supposed to have Colyte, it was out of stock, so I had to take Prepopik, and after 7 hours it hadn't started working yet. Even the Colyte took about 3 hrs to start working, but this one, I did everything right, drank all the liquids after and nothing happened for 7 hours! I was ready to call the whole procedure off in the morning and was so stressed, but as soon as I took the second packet followed by the 3 8oz. doses of liquids after the last drop of the 3rd 8oz. it kicked in. It's not over yet, but seems to be doing the job. Colyte was so disgusting to drink so much of, and made me very nauseous. This one, however, you barely have to drink anything, it doesn't taste bad, and I had less nausea. I wish you all well and speedy recoveries to those suffering from these terrible diseases."

vi March 21, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Taking this was fine. Procedure was ok. I am having diarrhea for days after procedure. Pain and cramping before bowel movement. Will not take again."

Erma March 4, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "this prep by far was the best I have ever done out of 3 preps for colonoscopies. Absolutely no cramping, no nausea no bloated feeling , just running to the toilet is it ! It was a slow type of action also, so u didn't feel so deadly dehydrated !!"

snickers (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had 3 colonoscopies over a three year period. I used Prepopik for all 3. I actually liked the sweet/sour taste and the doc said that I was clean as a whistle! Love it! P.S. also used and online coupon to get some money off."

Poo poo prep February 20, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Prep for colonoscopy with Prepopik began at 4pm. I drank the first five ounces of prep followed with five 8 ounce cups of waster. Nothing happened for five hours. At 10 pm while I was stirring the second packet of Prepopik I felt the urge to eliminate. I was up all night going to the restroom, the final trip taking place at 6 am. My colonoscopy procedure began at 9 am and was stopped because my colon was not fully prepared for the procedure. My doctor said afterward that I will need to use another form of colonoscopy prep and undergo the procedure a second time within the next two weeks. Prepopik is an absolute fail!"

Shaleigh (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I didn’t even finish the first dose and it was working already. No pain, much easier to use than other nasty preps, one of which I threw up and had to reschedule the colonoscopy. So much easier to drink and tasty I wish they gave me this the other times !"

Jlboer January 28, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I don't know why there are so many negative reviews of this. This was my third colonoscopy and this was by far the easiest and most effective prep. The taste as not bad and much better than a gallon of the previous stuff. No bloating, cramping, or vomiting. Took the first dose at 6PM and was going about 7. Took the second at 2:30 and was totally clean by 4:30."

mbusster (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I have had many colonoscopies, and this was the worst prep I ever used. None are pleasant, but for me this is the worst. Took the first packet at 2:00pm. It took an hour to start working, and produced several loose bowel movements and lots of cramping and nausea. Took the second dose 6 hours later at 8:pm. Had a loose b.m. within 15 minutes and then nothing until four hours later after lots of cramping and bloating. I have consumed way more liquid then the instructions say to, and it is now 3:00AM and I am still not clean. My scope is scheduled for 11am and my experience tells me there is no way I will be clean by then. I STRONGLY ADVISE you to not use this.................."

jcarndt December 8, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "Coudn't drink the prep. It was disgusting! Didn't even matter how little the volume was. I got both bottles down, but felt bloated and sickly until my procedure was over. Can say I will never use this prep again."

S.F (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "Took the first dose at 4 and second at 9 pm. Woke up at 3 am with severe chills, nausea and vomiting that then triggered a migraine. Am very weak a day later and cannot remember most of the day, yesterday when I had the colonoscpy"

cyn;ar (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

For Bowel Preparation "I used this for preparation of my 1st Colonscopy. The taste was pretty decent, citrus taste. Took 1st dose at 4pm with 40 oz of clear fluids, within 3 hours I was going a lot for a good hour. 2nd dose 10pm with 30 oz of clear fluids, within 1 hour was going again. Procedure was at 7:30am, doctor was pleased with how well I was cleaned out. Procedure went well. Note, follow Drs. and medicines directions. Do not eat heavy a couple days before, Stay hydrated before and during. I have recommended this to others since my procedure in September."

RiaM December 5, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6

More about Prepopik (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Other brands: Clenpiq