User Reviews for Prepopik

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Prepopik.

Bowel Preparation
6.1

Summary of Prepopik reviews 6.1 120 reviews

Reviews for Prepopik

For Bowel Preparation "I took it as instructed, drank even more water than prescribed and it did not work well. Nothing happened after 1st packet and had some BM after second, but it did not clean me out enough according to my dr. Loved the taste and small amount to drink."

Schp (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I am a 36 year old female. This was my first colonoscopy so I was terrified, but Prepopik was great! Has a nice orange flavor and provided a very gentle but thorough cleanse. Per Dr's instructions, I did the split dose method - one packet of prep mixed with 5 ounces of cold water (stir well!) at 6:00 PM the night before procedure followed by 40 ounces clear liquid (I did water and apple juice), and the other packet at 6:00 AM the next morning followed by another 40 ounces clear liquids. My procedure began at 11:00 AM, and by 8:00 AM my bowel movements were all liquid and yellow in color. Procedure went great! A word of advice: the day before prep, eat very light food that is easy to digest - no large, heavy meals."

girlygirl81 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Took first 5oz dose at 4 p.m. followed by drinking about four bottles of water ( 5-8oz glasses are recommended). Started to work within 30 minutes. Second dose at 10 o'clock followed with more water. Doesn't taste horrible and works really well."

Gary575 September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "It was $80 co-pay but worked well for me with only five 8-oz cups of water in the evening and three in the morning. I wouldn't be able to drink a gallon of alternative medication with gastritis. Important to follow instructions and mix the powder with water for at least 2-3 minutes, otherwise you will have nausea. It becomes warm when mixed. Set multiple alarms/look at the clock to drink water in recommend intervals. You will likely get an irritation of your butt from flushing out. Be prepared with Vaseline/A&D ointment and warm water baths to relieve the symptoms. I scheduled the appointment for 12:30 pm which was the latest available to avoid getting up at night as you need a few hours for your morning doze to finish working."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Second routine colonoscopy - first one phosphasoda prep - not available anymore - terrible but clean bowel. This time on Prepopik - terrible - fainted twice - nausea - and 1/4 not cleaned out - recommended repeat in one year I don't think so - Stuff tasted ok"

Syncope August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Prepopik is the way to go for colonoscopy prep. Last time I had to drink the 64 ounces of Golightly which was horrible! Sickening taste that made me want to vomit, chills, aches & pains, and just plain horrible. Prepopik was a piece of cake! Starting 7 days prior to procedure by cutting out high fiber foods, nuts & seeds until the day before procedure when I went the liquid diet of basically popsicles, jello, & Sprite Zero. This was probably the worst part of my prep this time simply because I was hungry! Started using the Prepopik at 6:00 pm night before my procedure following the instructions in box and it worked wonderfully without all the other issues! Doc said it cleaned my colon very well too so I don't have to go back for 10 years!"

Colonoscopy Hater (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This is my fourth colonoscopy...hands down the best prep I've used! Only have to drink 5 oz of prep.. two times about 8 hrs apart...it does not taste bad...the others were horrible I gagged and vomited . Works quickly...so you're not up all night."

Torre August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "My experience has been excellent with this. Between myself, my husband, brother and mother - we have used all different bowel preps and this was BY FAR the easiest and most pleasant tasting one!!!! If you can ask for it - do so!"

LilliS August 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Had a colonoscopy and discovered an aggressive colon cancer in May, had surgery in June to remove the cancerous tissue and resection my bowel in the descending colon. For both my colonoscopy and surgery, my doctor used Prepopik to prepare my bowels. Pleasant taste of cranberry and easy to get down with just a 5oz shot and 5 additional 8oz glasses of water for each process. Best of all of this, my doctor caught my colon cancer early enough before it had a chance to spread. So I'm 100% Cancer Free!"

Cancer Free and Loving It! (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I had a colonoscopy today and used Prepopik for bowel preparation. For my last colonoscopy several years ago, I had used Magnesium Citrate and found the Prepopik SO much easier to take, and my doctor said I had a nice, clean colon afterward. The way I took it, I didn't taste it, and it went down very easily. This is what I did: Before drinking the Prepopik, I had a small amount of ginger ale. I prepared the Prepopik with very cold water, and after stirring it as directed, I added a few ice cubes. Using a straw and HOLDING MY NOSE, I sucked that baby right down in several big gulps, and following a recommendation I saw on the internet, I immediately sucked on a lemon! Sounds weird, but it worked!! I seriously didn't taste the stuff!"

Sweetestpea (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Was given this for a colonoscopy prep. Drs orders said to begin prep at 4pm and second round at 8pm. Colonoscopy was scheduled at 8 am next day. I started it at 2pm and did second round at 6pm. Had no idea what to expect so wanted to get it over with. Had only heard horror stories about people having to redo the whole test because prep didn't work. Didn't want to go through it again. Took about 40 min for it to work. Didn't have to go running to the bathroom. Also, drinking the 5 glasses of water after, wasn't so bad either. Have to say that the second round worked better than the first. And, it doesn't taste bad either. But colder is better. Finally "ran clear" by 10 pm and was able to sleep. Colonoscopy went well too."

Anonymous July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I took a packet at 6pm after only having liquids for whole day and had several bowel moments. It was nothing as intense as when I did other prep drinks but I did go. When I did the second packet at 11pm, I immediately vomited . It was pure water . I went to colonoscopy anyway and told Nurse I vomited but thought I was empty. The Dr did the colonoscopy but I was not prepped properly so I now I have to do it again! So annoying!!! I think this concentrated formula is too strong ! Made me feel dizzy and very nauseous. Rather just use old one ."

Ladyinnyc (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I was given this as prep for a colonoscopy. I had read negative reviews, but tried it. If you hold your breath and drink down the 5-oz., it's not bad. It gets warm as you mix it and would've been better cold. It started working about 50 min. after I took it. I noticed that warm/hot beverages (black coffee or tea) made it work faster. I had no stomach cramps, etc. with this. After the 10 pm dose, I thought my last trip to the bathroom was around midnight, but it was at 1 am. My doctor said I did a great job with the prep, so I'm sure it worked. I suggest you have a "light" breakfast in the morning - don't eat like you'll be starving for days. I think a heavier breakfast is what keeps people from clearing out quickly. I'll use it again!"

K9Mom2252 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I was prescribed this for a diagnostic colonoscopy to investigate bleeding and loose bowels. I was assigned the split dose prep, were you take one dose in the evening and the other the morning of the exam. The first 5 ounce drink was easy to swallow and I was able to follow it with 5 cups of the clear liquid of choice -I chose two water, one chicken stock, one gingerale and one gatorade. After an hour the effects kicked in. I didn't experience any cramping or nausea. I went to bed two hours after taking it, and got up about once an hour for the next four hours. I was running clear at this time and considered skipping dose two. Instead I took half the second dose and fluids. I was perfectly clear for exam."

ItsSunnyIntheSouth (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Due to a genetic condition that gives me a propensity for colon cancer, I've had more than 25 colonoscopies in the past 40 years and now have them annually. Prepopik changed my life. I used to dread the prep like the plague (the procedures are a piece of cake, and I do them without drugs!) but now, other than a little sleep deprivation, Prepopik makes it easy. I understand some people have trouble tolerating the stuff, but I've had no side effects and no problems."

CFB1 May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Today I started my prep at 4pm as instructed. I then drank a container of broth 32 ounces, ginger ale, and water. Way more than the & cups I was prescribed. All this caused was nausea and stomach cramps. Not one BM. Second dose at 8pm. Already up to 40 ounces of fluids. I feel bloated. Nothing else. I haven't eaten in 24 hours. Thankfully it was a sample."

MrsSoup67 May 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Took the first dose at 5 PM. Took the second dose at 7 AM the next morning. Colonoscopy was scheduled for 12:30 PM that day. The prep "worked" at 3 PM, after the procedure was cancelled. Plus, it cost $136 out of pocket. Worthless."

Larch5 May 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Most palatable drink for bowel prep I've had to date (compared to 2 previous...but it is pricey depending on how much your insurance will pay: Tricare was good). I followed Dr.s advice on prep and bowel was clean and clear for pictures and work."

poet4 May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Had my 15th colonoscopy on 5/18/17. My first one was back in 1983 when the procedure was very new. For me Prepopik was the best prep ever. The 5oz powdered drinks were not bad at all. Two nights before the procedure, I drank a 10ounce bottle of magnesium citrate as prescribed. I had a movement 7 hours later at 4am. I started my Prepopik (part 1) at 4pm the day before the procedure. I finished my 5 glasses of Gatorade and apple juice within 90 minutes. Had 2 movements within 2 hours. I started my Prepopik (part 2) at 2am the morning of the procedure. Finished my 3 glasses of apple juice and Gatorade within 30 minutes, and had 2 movements within 1.5 hours. I had no issues with nausea or cramping. My colonoscopy started about 8:45am. Some tips: I have a feeling some folks may tend to over-eat on their last meal day in fear of starvation on their liquid diet day. This means they will have more to pass the next day. Try eating lighter meals that day. Purchase the softest toilet tissue you can find. It helps. Also, try applying A&D ointment between movements. Good luck, and I hope this helps."

Loftliedir May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I took the split dose at 8:00 pm within a hour I was sick to my stomach. At 1:30 I started throwing up while sitting on the toilet. I have not felt so nauseous in a long time. At 2:30 am I was scheduled to take another dose which I promptly started throwing up. I was still very nauseated until the colonscopy at 7:30am. I now am scheduled for another colonscopy because the bowels were not clean enough in 5 years even though there was no polyps or any other issues. I will never have another colonscopy because of my experience."

Smalleek April 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "75 year old female with IBS. I will never take Prepopik again. I have hemorrhoids, and because the packet material contains citric acid, every time I relieved myself, I was in extreme pain. It was as if a hot poker were touching the rectal area. Many tears and muffled screams later, I could claim I was clear. It cost me $140 - no coupon and Medicare did not cover it."

PattyA (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Prepopik has been the most effective pre-colonoscopy solution I've ever used. Since my mother died of colon cancer in her early 40s I started to have colonoscopy tests early in my life. The large bottles of solution I've had to drink previously were unbearable to me. I've had to postpone tests because I was unable to drink the horrible stuff and "the day before" was always a nightmare. This time the only medicinal potions I've had were two five ounce drinks which were actually not horrible. They did the job - boy, did they ever. Cleansed me of everything, including my dignity. Started to work after some two hours and did not cease. Post the procedure I had two bouts of diarrhea immediately after coming home, and then I was fine."

avidreader111 April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Aside from the out of pocket cost ($130.00 for me) I would recommend this drug. It was effective in cleaning out my colon without having to drink copious amounts of fluid. I chose the Orange flavor and it reminded me of powdered Tang orange juice - not unpleasant at all. Better chilled if possible. I followed the split dose regimen. It took about 90 minutes for the first dose to start working, but the process lasted about 2 hours. I did experience a slight, passing feeling of nausea at first, but it subsided once things got moving. The second dose, next morning, took about the same amount of time to work, but the process only lasted about an hour, My physician reported that colon prep was "excellent"."

Martha LR (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I followed the directions my DR. gave me - 1 packet at 5 with 5 8oz glasses of clear liquid to drink in 2 hours after that. Started going within an hour. Took the 2nd packet at 10:00 and have been in the bathroom a lot. No doubt I will be totally clear by the AM. This is great. I had $40 coupon for the product from the DR so cost wasn't bad at all. Will use the product again the next time."

colonac March 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "F, 26, 150 lbs. Was given Prepopik because I had issues keeping down the normal prep. Was given three packets of miralax and the prepotik kit. I didn't have to start until 6pm the before the colonoscopy, so I was able to work the day before - first perk right off the bat. I took the miralax packets, one each morning, the three days leading to my prep. My stool was already soft by the time prep day came, which helped. Got home from work at 5:30 and started. I was going to the bathroom 30 minutes to an hour after. No intense cramps or discomfort, just the urge to run to the bathroom lol. Woke up at 4:30am to finish second half. The Dr performed the colonoscopy later that day with no issues. Love this product, worked great for me!"

LadySmith March 11, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next

More about Prepopik (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Professional resources