User Reviews for Prepopik

Learn more about Prepopik.

Bowel Preparation 84 reviews 114 medications

6.1
Summary of Prepopik reviews 84 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Prepopik

For Bowel Preparation "I had a positive experience with prepopik; the best thing about this style of prep is its allowance for the patient to consume fluids that appeal to her. Although getting the concentrate down in 5ozs or so is mildly unpleasant, it has a fizz to it and could be worse. It took 2.5 hours after ingestion for me to start passing stool, so I was mildly concerned that the prep wouldn't work for me, but I went on to have diarrhea for a few hours, slept most of the rest of the night, and followed the same pattern for the early morning dose, and produced only clear yellow liquid within four hours of the morning dose in time for my procedure. All in all, a positive experience, and I also included white wine in the evening "clear liquids"."

cscharlotte (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I am 35 , female, n have ulcerative colitis for all of my life, I have done a ton of preps before. I took my first dose at 10 a.m. today, n it took till 130 to kick in. I was getting worried, but I also was in bed whole time. I drank the fluids, more then it says only because I know our body requires more then we think. The first round was easy n I was relieved, second bout excuse the language but, I'm sure I was yelling as my poor but was on fire! It was that bad, everytime till first dose ran dry. Took my second dose around 5 it is now 715, n it just kicked in. Thankful to say, no burning n it's just liquid. I don't tend to follow the dosing times, I stay on clear liquids all day so nothing solid is being processed. GL!"

Not as bad as before November 10, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I used Prepopik one day prior to my colonoscopy. First, it is expensive when not covered by insurance. If I had not had a coupon it would have cost over $100. Second, it took a while to start working. Lastly, when they did the colonoscopy I was not sufficiently cleaned out and the procedure had to be rescheduled. I will use other more effective methods the next time around."

SammyAndy October 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I recently used Prepopik for my first colonoscopy. I am 26 years old and in good health, it was scheduled due to family history. Prepopik was easy to take, I had a lighter day of eating the day before Prepopik started. On the day of preparation I was on a liquid diet all day and drank the most fluids I ever have. The Prepopik was easy to take, it just burned it a little. However, after my colonoscopy the doctor informed me that the Prepopik had not done a very good job cleaning me out. I need to go back in a year. It was recommended that next time to be on a soft diet 3-5 days beforehand (eggs, potato soup, protein) and to ask doctor about taking magnesium sulfate as a laxative the day before preparation. I will not be using Prepopik again."

Christy O October 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I prepared for my first colonoscopy at 50 by taking preponik. The taste was fine--almost like a lemony Tang. My first run took about 4hrs, and then it lasted for about 2 hrs off and on. I'll take the 2nd dose in a.m. before procedure. at 2"

Virgin Colon (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Prepopik is by far the easiest prep to actually take. Easy to throw back and then chase with 40oz of whatever clear liquid you can tolerate and enjoy. If you ate normally up until the day of the prep and/or have slow-ish bowels, I would try to start earlier rather than later. I took the first dose at 5 and it took until about 8:30 to start getting real results. 11pm dose was still working on and off until 2am and I had to get up a couple times after that. The benefit is that it works slowly and gently. Lots of "tummy talking" and noises happening, but no pain, bloating, or nausea. Took longer to run clear than past preps, but worth the tolerability!"

VintageAerith (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 52 and this was my first colonoscopy. I got a coupon from the Dr and my insurance covered the rest. The taste is not bad it's only 5oz so it's really easy to drink. After the first dose it started working within an hour. After multiple trips to the bathroom I took dose #2 it took about 6 more hours until the output was what I assume the desired yellow. The procedure was the easiest part of the whole process. Afterwards I slowly started eating and drinking again and the watery output continued for about 12 hours until things got back to normal. If I have to do this again I will use Prepopik."

NewbieColon (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Wow what a Positive experience, I ate a soft diet two days before and an all liquid diet on the day before ( as directed ) My first drink at 4 p.m. went sown so easy, there was so little (5oz) it was nothing to get down. With-in 45 mins. I was off and running. No Cramping, No pain at all. at 10 p.m. I drank cup number two, began working right a way still no cramping or any other issues. it was off to bed and the next day off to the Doctor. Very clean and great experience,,, well as great as this type procedure can be..."

Keith185 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was my first colonoscopy and was very nervous but with prepopik is was so easy, no pain and cramping and very easy to drink. I was worried I didn't empty enough but doctor said I was completely clean!"

Theresa's first time 51 September 22, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Taken exactly as instructed. Not effective at all. Procedure rescheduled."

SurfGuy (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was my first colonoscopy and chose Preponik because it would be easier to drink. I normally have constipation problems so I was concerned that it would not work. I mixed it very very well with cold water (3 minutes of mixing) at 4 pm and drank it. It had a nice flavor like orange tang. Then I drank the 8oz of water (one every 30 mintues). I was able to have a bm after 1 hour. Then I had a dozen for the next 3 hours. I was able to go to bed and sleep. No cramping. No nausea. The next morning, I drank the mixture at 3 am and the 8oz of water (every 30 minutes). I did 4 waters until 6 am because my colonoscopy was at 10:20 am and I was not supposed to have fluids 4 hours before. Preponik worked great. I would highly recommend it,"

DonnaFirstTime September 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was my third colonoscopy and had never had problems before with other prep kits. This one did me in. I woke up the day of the procedure feeling queasy, and sure enough, about 40 minutes after drinking the prep, I was vomiting profusely. I had to run the drug store to get magnesium citrate to complete the process, but got sick after that as well. Luckily, I kept the latter down long enough to get the necessary affect. My gastro was not happy that I'd had the problem. He apologized profusely and said that was the last one he was prescribing. Too many patients were reporting problems."

jag62 September 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I read these reviews religiously before my first colonoscopy a few weeks ago. My experience with prepopik was very positive. I took the first dose around 5:40 pm. Within 40 minutes I was on the toilet. This was on and off until 11. I fell asleep and woke up for the 2nd dose at 2:30. This time I was not able to complete the required liquids. I was so nauseated. I finished up around 5 and slept until my appointment time. The diarrhea was a liquid from the beginning, and I was petrified that my colon was not clean enough. Turns out, it was gorgeous. My colonoscopy went without a hitch. my only complaint is nausea, and that wasn't too awful."

Mistybmc (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Easy to take especially with all the clear liquids now available ((core peach water etc) clear broth,ginger ale, etc. First dose worked after about two hours. 3:30 am dose worked after 2 hours. Cost was $140 with $10 off from my insurance. Well worth it. Very different from my last prep. Tip: eat lightly a couple of days before prep."

D5310 September 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 53 and this was my third colonoscopy. I did not do well with the bowel preps from my first two colonoscopies. I had difficulty keeping the prep solution down and it made me sick for a week after the procedures. In comparison, Prepopik was fantastic. It was still a bowel prep, but a lot less traumatic on my system. The taste wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I only had one small BM with the first dose and worried that it wasn't working, but the second dose kicked my system into gear. I took it at 10pm, but was able to fall asleep around 1:00am. The other preps kept me up all night. I won't be signing up for extra colonoscopies, but Prepopik will make the mandatory ones much easier! Thank you!"

allyg (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was my fifth colonoscopy but my first with Prepopik. Compared to having to consume huge volumes of disgusting fluid in previous colonoscopies, this was not so bad. The Prepopik itself was not bad tasting--it had a citrus flavor. I had to drink 40 oz. of water over five hours after taking the first dose the night before the procedure. About 45 minutes after the first dose, it started working. When I went to bed, I was concerned that it was not working because I had a lot fewer BMs than with previous colonoscopies. The morning of the procedure, I had to get up at 4:30 (four hours before the actual procedure) to take another does followed by 24 fluid oz. of water over an hour. Doctor said I was super clean, so it worked fine!"

All pooped out (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "36 y.o. Was prescribed prepopik for prep for colonoscopy. I was suprised that it was only 2 ,5 oz glasses of prep when everyone complains about drinking a gallon. After one 5 oz cup it took 90 minutes for first BM. I could easily make it to the toilet. I had 3 watery BM then it stopped. 5 hours after first one I took the second dose. No BM till morning. It wasn't very bad so I was worried it wouldn't be clear for the colonoscopy, but it was great. Very easy . The drug cost me 100$ after insurance."

Ashim376 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Today was my third colonoscopy; so almost a veteran. First the good part: this stuff is easy to use, no bad (but not good) taste, no side effects (no vomiting, headache etc), no abnormal discomfort and produced the desired results (no detail necessary) in a reasonably quick time. The desired results were accomplished such that the doctor commented how squeaky clean my colon was. The slight downsides: - the split dose required doing this whole thing twice, including getting up at 2:30am (and of course not even thinking about going back to sleep right away) for a 7:30 am appointment. -numerous trips to the bathroom for several hours after each of the two packets of stuff and fluids. -out of pocket cost was $120, seems EXCESSIVE"

rick port washington August 17, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I used Prepopik for a colonoscopy today. Used it as instructed by my Dr and last dose was 10 pm for a 9:30am procedure. I get colonoscopies every three years so have had many experiences with different solutions. Prepopik was very easy to use as it is not as intense as others. I had no side effects however I. Still had diarrhea when it was time for the procedure. Not fun and my system was not nearly as clean as with all others I have used. That being said I would not use this again as it is more important to prep well to get the best result from the colonoscopy. I would put up with inconvenience to ensure a clean colon. I will ask not to use this next time."

Kathy9q August 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "After all the horror stories I've heard about colonoscopy preps, I was hesitant to even think about the process. Having said that, PrepOPik was the easiest part of the entire procedure. No gagging on gallons of yuck, no cramping, no nausea ... nothing unpleasant other than the induced diarrhea. I'd recommend this prep in a heartbeat!"

Stop this August 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Very easy and successful prep wthout any side effects!"

LMPM (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I don't know what the bad reviewers are talking about. Yes, the product tastes fine but who really cares--this isn't about taste. BM induced within about 45 minutes, and then regularly thereafter. Got up three times at night. No gas, bloating, or other side-effects whatsoever. I'm now a few hours from the procedure and BM is slightly cloudy yellow, which I understand is the goal. In short, maybe only people having problems bother to post reviews."

54-year old August 8, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "VERY POOR RESULTS IF YOU HAVE A SLUGGISH COLON (as I do) I do NOT recommend this product - as "great-tasting" as it is. This was my 2nd colonoscopy and I failed it in spite of 1 week of Miralax 2x a day, and a 2 day liquid diet - 3 days liquid and put myself on a 3 days low-residue diet. I had read how pleasant tasting the prep was and yes folks, it taste like the powdered "Tang". followed by the standard for colonoscopy preps - lots of water, which wasn't difficult as I usually drink a minimum of 8-10 ounce glasses a day I thought I was completely clear but NOOOOOO - Still going! THUMBS DOWN. Back to GAG Go-Lightly next time (with a Compazine to prevent nausea. Doctor gave me the prep - fortunately, didn't have to BUY it."

Wolfzone August 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Now I have a history of colitis so this is about my 10th one or more. It was nice that you on had to drink 5oz of the liquid at one time followed by 5 more 8oz glasses of liquid. The taste was more citric with a hint of orange. Much better then the lemon lime stuff that I have had to drink in the past. Plus it did not make me nauseous (which is a plus in my book). It did take about 2 hours for me to have my first BM after drinking the Prepopik, and then only 2 more until I had to take the second dose. Then proceeded to go every 45min to an hour until I went to bed. Didn't wake up during the night to go, only when I woke up an hour prior to my procedure. This is not a fun experience in general, but overall one of the easiest preps I have had"

Tinkerbell101 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Prepopik left me very sore, gassy and bloated. Would never use again."

#39 July 29, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Prepopik (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Professional resources