User Reviews for Cimetidine

Also known as: Equaline Acid Reducer, Leader Heartburn Relief, Tagamet, Tagamet HB

Learn more about Cimetidine.

Indigestion 1 reviews 250 medications

Stomach Ulcer 2 reviews 106 medications

GERD 2 reviews 220 medications

8.8
Human Papilloma Virus 2 reviews 11 medications

5.5
Summary of Cimetidine reviews 7 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Cimetidine

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Cimetidine was prescribed by my skin doctor after numerous freezing sessions on a plantar wart. There were no results and the wart persisted. The dose was 2x400mg daily which caused a weird and very itchy skin rash after 6 weeks of daily use. The rash went away right after discontinuing Cimetidine. The only thing the drug worked on was a persistent heart burn I had which went away while taking it.."

RRRayman (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: "I have severe stomach ulcers, the pain is so unbearable that I sometimes vomit! One day a colleague recommended that I go buy Cimetidine and I was so happy because I got it over the counter with my medical aid! This is the best."

T T June 22, 2016

For GERD: "Works well"

williamclarkonet August 21, 2015

Tagamet (cimetidine) for Stomach Ulcer: "It has helped me many times."

PJCBW (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2014

For GERD: "Good stuff. It works well if you take it before dinner - or whatever major meal you eat each day. I try not to take it every day. "

Chuckhov May 15, 2010

For Indigestion: "This medicine has been a life saver for me. Well maybe more on the comforter. I tend to get bad heartburn after what seems like every meal. All I do is take a 200 mg tablet in the afternoon, about a half hour before dinner and I am good to go. The downside is of this drug is that it inhibits the liver's cytochrome (P450 set of enzymes). Therefore it increases the amount of other drugs in the system, however this is not an issue for me."

Anonymous November 16, 2009

Tagamet (cimetidine) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I was prescribed Cimetidine (Tagamet) after all other treatments for my Plantar Warts had failed. Within 3 weeks of its use, the warts began to lessen in size, and were progressively becoming smaller. By the end of the 4th week, the warts had come out in a plug-like fashion. I was also taking a high quality Multi-Vitamin as recommended by my Cosmetic Surgeon. These pills were the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. As soon as I started taking them, the pain from the warts was slowly alleviated as well. I would recommend this treatment to anyone who has plantar warts. I'm 23 years old and probably in average health."

JeffD December 12, 2008