User Reviews for Cimetidine

Also known as: Tagamet HB, Acid Reducer-Cimetidine, Leader Heartburn Relief Equaline Acid Reducer

Cimetidine has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 25% reported a negative experience.

GERD
Indigestion
Summary of Cimetidine reviews 7.3 14 reviews

Reviews for Cimetidine

crow1701 · Taken for less than 1 month · April 7, 2021

Tagamet HB (cimetidine) for GERD: “For those of you who have Laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR), this has been a lifesaver. I have been struggling with GERD for over three years. I was prescribed multiple PPI's; however, they were moderately effective. Even though I had daily problems with this, one day before going to work, my GERD was so severe, I was gagging on phlegm and stomach acid. I had severe shortness of breath, and didn't feel like I would be able to stay at work. In many ways, it felt like a panic attack. During a break, I bought some Tagamet. Within 30 minutes, I was 75% better. No other medication had ever done this Highly recommended. LPR is a very underdiagnosed medical problem. It is very asymptomatic of normal GERD. Research it!!!!”

JeffD · December 12, 2008

For Human Papilloma Virus: “I was prescribed Cimetidine (Tagamet) after all other treatments for my Plantar Warts had failed. Within 3 weeks of its use, the warts began to lessen in size, and were progressively becoming smaller. By the end of the 4th week, the warts had come out in a plug-like fashion. I was also taking a high quality Multi-Vitamin as recommended by my Cosmetic Surgeon. These pills were the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. As soon as I started taking them, the pain from the warts was slowly alleviated as well. I would recommend this treatment to anyone who has plantar warts. I'm 23 years old and probably in average health.”

Phil A · September 12, 2020

Tagamet HB (cimetidine) for GERD: “Have been taking Tagamet for 35 years. I first had them for stomach ulcers which were cured 20 years ago thanks to an Australian guy who discovered ulcers could be cured with antibiotics. I have had them ever since for acid reflux. Nothing else suits. Problem is Cimitidine seems to be unavailable in tablet form in the UK at the moment. I can only get it in medicine which gives me diarrhea. As is life.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 23, 2017

For GERD: “I was on Aciphex, a PPI medication for over ten years. Very worried about the very serious side effects, and successfully stopped taking it; however, I still had some reflux. I tried taking Tagamet OTC; and was happy to find that it's very effective. It doesn't have the total blocking effect of a PPI, but I no longer want that. Aciphex can cost as much as $300 a month if insurance doesn't cover it; and mine doesn't. Tagamet is something like $11.”

Anonymous · November 16, 2009

For Indigestion: “This medicine has been a life saver for me. Well maybe more on the comforter. I tend to get bad heartburn after what seems like every meal. All I do is take a 200 mg tablet in the afternoon, about a half hour before dinner and I am good to go. The downside is of this drug is that it inhibits the liver's cytochrome (P450 set of enzymes). Therefore it increases the amount of other drugs in the system, however this is not an issue for me.”

T T · June 22, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: “I have severe stomach ulcers, the pain is so unbearable that I sometimes vomit! One day a colleague recommended that I go buy Cimetidine and I was so happy because I got it over the counter with my medical aid! This is the best.”

RRRayman · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 8, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: “Cimetidine was prescribed by my skin doctor after numerous freezing sessions on a plantar wart. There were no results and the wart persisted. The dose was 2x400mg daily which caused a weird and very itchy skin rash after 6 weeks of daily use. The rash went away right after discontinuing Cimetidine. The only thing the drug worked on was a persistent heart burn I had which went away while taking it..”

DAD · Taken for 1 to 2 years · February 23, 2019

Tagamet (cimetidine) for Stomach Ulcer: “When I was Diagnosed with ulcers I was given Tagamet Rx. Stayed on it for one year. Never had a problem again with stomach ulcers!!”

PJCBW · Taken for less than 1 month · March 3, 2014

Tagamet (cimetidine) for Stomach Ulcer: “It has helped me many times.”

Kelso · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 25, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: “I took cimetidine and it worked and got rid of my HPV genital warts almost overnight, I couldn’t believe it. I wasn’t taking much either maybe 2-3 pills prior to going to bed. I hope this helps”

Chuckhov · May 15, 2010

For GERD: “Good stuff. It works well if you take it before dinner - or whatever major meal you eat each day. I try not to take it every day. ”

williamclarkonet · August 21, 2015

For GERD: “Works well”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · January 14, 2022

For GERD: “At first it worked good but now as the more I take it later during the day it loses it effectiveness. Not pleased with the pill and will be going back to Pepcid 40mg a day twice a day.”

Davemon · Taken for less than 1 month · May 1, 2022

For GERD: “Took this when zantac went off sale. That night I woke up and could not walk. Unreal! And I am in top shape. Looked it up and leg weakness is listed as side affect. For me this was poison.”