User Reviews for Cimetidine

Also known as: Tagamet HB, Acid Reducer-Cimetidine, Leader Heartburn Relief Equaline Acid Reducer

Cimetidine has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 89% of those users who reviewed Cimetidine reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

GERD   9.3
Indigestion   9.0
Stomach Ulcer   9.0
Human Papilloma Virus   5.5
Summary of Cimetidine reviews 8.4 11 reviews

Reviews for Cimetidine

Phil A September 12, 2020

Tagamet HB (cimetidine) for GERD: “Have been taking Tagamet for 35 years. I first had them for stomach ulcers which were cured 20 years ago thanks to an Australian guy who discovered ulcers could be cured with antibiotics. I have had them ever since for acid reflux. Nothing else suits. Problem is Cimitidine seems to be unavailable in tablet form in the UK at the moment. I can only get it in medicine which gives me diarrhea. As is life.”

Kelso · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: “I took cimetidine and it worked and got rid of my HPV genital warts almost overnight, I couldn’t believe it. I wasn’t taking much either maybe 2-3 pills prior to going to bed. I hope this helps”

DAD · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 23, 2019

Tagamet (cimetidine) for Stomach Ulcer: “When I was Diagnosed with ulcers I was given Tagamet Rx. Stayed on it for one year. Never had a problem again with stomach ulcers!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2017

For GERD: “I was on Aciphex, a PPI medication for over ten years. Very worried about the very serious side effects, and successfully stopped taking it; however, I still had some reflux. I tried taking Tagamet OTC; and was happy to find that it's very effective. It doesn't have the total blocking effect of a PPI, but I no longer want that. Aciphex can cost as much as $300 a month if insurance doesn't cover it; and mine doesn't. Tagamet is something like $11.”

RRRayman · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: “Cimetidine was prescribed by my skin doctor after numerous freezing sessions on a plantar wart. There were no results and the wart persisted. The dose was 2x400mg daily which caused a weird and very itchy skin rash after 6 weeks of daily use. The rash went away right after discontinuing Cimetidine. The only thing the drug worked on was a persistent heart burn I had which went away while taking it..”

T T June 22, 2016

For Stomach Ulcer: “I have severe stomach ulcers, the pain is so unbearable that I sometimes vomit! One day a colleague recommended that I go buy Cimetidine and I was so happy because I got it over the counter with my medical aid! This is the best.”

williamclarkonet August 21, 2015

For GERD: “Works well”

PJCBW · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2014

Tagamet (cimetidine) for Stomach Ulcer: “It has helped me many times.”

Chuckhov May 15, 2010

For GERD: “Good stuff. It works well if you take it before dinner - or whatever major meal you eat each day. I try not to take it every day. ”

Anonymous November 16, 2009

For Indigestion: “This medicine has been a life saver for me. Well maybe more on the comforter. I tend to get bad heartburn after what seems like every meal. All I do is take a 200 mg tablet in the afternoon, about a half hour before dinner and I am good to go. The downside is of this drug is that it inhibits the liver's cytochrome (P450 set of enzymes). Therefore it increases the amount of other drugs in the system, however this is not an issue for me.”

JeffD December 12, 2008

For Human Papilloma Virus: “I was prescribed Cimetidine (Tagamet) after all other treatments for my Plantar Warts had failed. Within 3 weeks of its use, the warts began to lessen in size, and were progressively becoming smaller. By the end of the 4th week, the warts had come out in a plug-like fashion. I was also taking a high quality Multi-Vitamin as recommended by my Cosmetic Surgeon. These pills were the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. As soon as I started taking them, the pain from the warts was slowly alleviated as well. I would recommend this treatment to anyone who has plantar warts. I'm 23 years old and probably in average health.”