User Reviews for Omnicef

Learn more about Omnicef.

Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis 4 reviews 87 medications

Strep Throat 3 reviews 30 medications

4.7
Summary of Omnicef reviews 43 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Omnicef

For Pneumonia "Let's talk about my sickness first. I was dipping my self into a freezing water pool for approximately 5 minutes a day. The next morning I felt the weather is so much colder so I knew its a fever. I'm very healthy person my body I make sure that my body is clean, I drink a lot of water and cleaning drinks so my stomach is always clean. The doctor prescriped me fevadol and omnicef. Omnicef experience were horrible. Very bad diarrhea every 15 minutes or so even if there is nothing in my body. I couldn't sleep for more than 24 hours with complete alertness and no feeling of exhaustion. eating it without food will make it worse. I used it for 2 days only. Dosage was 1 300mg twice a day. I got Dizziness, back pain, headache and diarrhea."

191Omar June 15, 2016

For Sinusitis "I have been on this for 5 days, sort of working, still have the headache though. I haven't really had any side affects yet. But I was given a 21 day dosage for (2) 300mg capsules. I have had 4 sinus infections since January. Hope it helps get rid of the headache. It has helped with the drainage and coughing though."

Bootscasper April 25, 2016

For Bronchitis "Worst experience ever. I took one capsule and two hours started diarrhea. I only took one more tablet 12 hours later. I had diarrhea for 4 weeks. I had hemorrhoid flair up. Never again will I take this drug. I think it took about 4 months to get my gut straightened out. Be very cautious of this drug"

Shutterbug 65 January 21, 2016

For Bronchitis "I was prescribed 300mg Omnicef. 1 capsule 2x a day. Very bad experience. I have had extreme diarrhea since the third day of taking this med. it is now 2 weeks after I finished the dose and am still experiencing problems. This med kills every "good" bacteria in your gut. I've been taking several different kinds of probiotics trying to get myself back to normal. This has been and still is an awful experience. Do not take this unless you like running to the bathroom every 30 minutes for weeks on end. I have not been able to eat much of anything and am still loosing too much weight. It is a very dangerous drug. I will NEVER take this again. "

Offroady November 20, 2015

For Strep Throat "I was diagnosed with strep, nasal infection, and a ear infection about 5 days ago. I took cefdinir as directed for 5 days and saw little to no results. Some side affects for me that were not listed were my stool smelling of the dissolved pill and also my urine."

Strepd out (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

For Strep Throat "Bad antibiotic ... never worked neither for me nor for my kids ... try anything else... 2 days ago I went to hospital with acute throat infection they passed an antibiotic into my bloodstream using a cannula , I went home feeling much better but since they put me on omnicif after wasting too much time taking 2 tablets it came back . Now I am feeling very painful in my throat again."

Osamarabadi September 30, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "I get tonsilitis every year and recently I decided to go to the doctor to get some antibiotics. He prescribed me cefdinir and It worked great my tonsils cleared up but there is only problem. The side effects. I decided to not go the full 10 days and stopped using it after a week. I developed horrible vaginal itching as well as diarrhea which lead to blood in my stool. This medication did the job but I don't think I would ever take it again. Hopefully since I stopped this medication these side effects will go away soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

For Otitis Media "My daughter has had over 6 ear infections, only being 22 months old. She took amox for all of them but it just didn't work. Dr gave her cefdinir (however it's spelt), and I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked.... Gives her red diarrhea, and horrible diaper rash, and she itches that area quite a bit.... She's getting tubes put in next week so hopefully that ends this horror!!"

Mandi67 June 13, 2015

For Bronchitis "Cleared my symptoms in 24 hours after 2 days in the hospital with levaquin iv, which did nothing."

JACKTHEBEAR (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

For Sinusitis "Worked very well for severe sinus infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2014

For Sinusitis "Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out."

t.i.g November 2, 2013

For Pneumonia "Precribed 10 days for pneumonia. 7th day presented the worst yeast infection. 35 yo female, otherwise healthy. Discontinued medication and pneumonia has not returned after 21 days."

tracy1265 October 11, 2013

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "Wonderful antibiotic did not have any side effects whatsoever. It also cleared my tonsil infection."

AnxietyBomb (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "Good experience with this antibiotic no diarrhea, or any other side effects unlike amoxicillin and others. It is also working excellently on clearing my tonsils."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2012

For Bronchitis "Within 36 hrs symptoms started to subside. Had no side effects with stomach (take with food). I suffer from bronchitis about twice a year. This medication was much more effective than Z-packs, Amoxicillin, or Cipro. I started getting mild headaches around day 4, Felt better but didn't clear up cough and wheezing. "

Stardust Steve February 7, 2012

For Sinusitis "Today is day 6 of this medicine and it just isn't working. I would have thought that I would have some kind of relief by now, but not."

surgery bound January 9, 2012

For Strep Throat "Omnicef worked but it took until the 5th day on it to finally feel a tiny bit better. I had some side effects and my throat hurt so bad I couldn't sleep for three nights. I saw no visual difference until the 9th day. It almost looked as if on my third day it had gotten worse."

Anonymous December 12, 2011

For Otitis Media "This is my first time taking this medicine. I was diagnosed with bronchitis and ear infection. I was told to take probiotics to prevent any diarrhea. I have not had any side effects. I'm feeling much better."

Anonymous November 9, 2011

For Otitis Media "My son has taken this before and it worked fine. My 17 month old daughter was just prescribed this after amoxicillin didn't take care of her ear infection. After 4 days, her gums swelled up really bad, became bright red and then started bleeding on the 5 day. She also developed diarrhea. I immediately took her back and they put her on Zithromax. I think we are finally on something that will work for her. My son can take this medication, but my daughter can't."

Anonymous November 7, 2011

For Bronchitis "It cleared me right up, stopped coughing like over night. I am also on methylpredisolone and inhaler."

laurie69 September 9, 2011

For Otitis Media "I have taken this several times for ear infections. I am currently taking for a Strep infection and it has always done great by me with minimal side effects. I recommend."

jwbigtex July 3, 2011

For Sinusitis "300mg 2 x day for 7 days prescribed for Sinusitis. I think I may have felt like I was getting slightly better the 2nd and 3rd day but after that it went back to the same as before. No adverse side effects, just didn't seem to work."

Anonymous March 25, 2011

For Sinusitis "I've only been on it 2 days, but so far so good! I feel much better, cough is gone, and no side effects. Will use again if I need it."

Anonymous December 21, 2010

For Otitis Media "My daughter, who was 14 months at the time, had a severe reaction to this medication after being prescribed for 3rd ear infection in a year. She actually got worse and had severe side effects (aside from the gastrointestinal as mentioned by others) including vomiting, continued high fever and by the end of the second day - hives. I list it as a drug allergy now on all her medical paperwork."

Anonymous November 6, 2010

For Sinusitis "I have taken many, many times for my chronic sinus infections and it seems to be the only thing that ever gets rid of the infection. I do get stomach aches from it, and nausea but it does what it's supposed to."

EmmiB-G August 5, 2010