User Reviews for Omnicef to treat Sinusitis

Omnicef has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Sinusitis. 42% of those users who reviewed Omnicef reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Omnicef Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 173 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Omnicef

Nay · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2020

“On the third day of taking omnicef I realized I was again constipated which is usually the norm for me but I've noticed more gas and extremely foul odor from my stools that I can't describe.”

R August 20, 2018

“I started taking this for a sinus infection. The first 5 days I was fine and just added extra yogurt in my diet to be safe. By day 6 I had a little bit of diarrhea which was expected. It turned into diarrhea every 45 minutes until I had nothing left for the next 24 hours. Then it was like my bowels were being turned inside out and all that came out was black mucus. I immediately stopped the medication. I’ve been about 36 hours without it and things are slowly looking up. But I have had to miss work and other events because of it. My doctor said this was safe for those that are allergic to amoxicillin but apparently not. I do not recommend this to anyone. If you read most other reviews, it’s about the same thing.”

Anonymous February 16, 2017

“I took this medicine for ten days. took 300mg twice a day.It was horrible the side effects that I experienced.I had the worse yeast infection and broke out in the worst rash I have ever seen. It would bleed and itched so bad it about drove me crazy.I finally went back to the Dr.Took three month to get it all healed up.They should take this medicine off the market.”

t.i.g November 2, 2013

“Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out.”

EmmiB-G August 5, 2010

“I have taken many, many times for my chronic sinus infections and it seems to be the only thing that ever gets rid of the infection. I do get stomach aches from it, and nausea but it does what it's supposed to.”

Anonymous March 25, 2011

“300mg 2 x day for 7 days prescribed for Sinusitis. I think I may have felt like I was getting slightly better the 2nd and 3rd day but after that it went back to the same as before. No adverse side effects, just didn't seem to work.”

jhharman1 April 10, 2009

“Omnicef was effective in treating my daughter's sinusitis. However, she broke out in hives a day after finishing the medication. Although it is not certain the medicine caused her hives, it is very ironic that they broke out within 24 hours of finishing the antibiotic.”

Bootscasper April 25, 2016

“I have been on this for 5 days, sort of working, still have the headache though. I haven't really had any side affects yet. But I was given a 21 day dosage for (2) 300mg capsules. I have had 4 sinus infections since January. Hope it helps get rid of the headache. It has helped with the drainage and coughing though.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2014

“Worked very well for severe sinus infection.”

g8rbait July 2, 2008

“Hey it worked for me with no side effects at all”

surgery bound January 9, 2012

“Today is day 6 of this medicine and it just isn't working. I would have thought that I would have some kind of relief by now, but not.”

Anonymous October 28, 2008

“This medicine works very well. I didn't have a yeast infection nor did I have the upset stomach, which I usually have with antibiotics.”

mayte123 June 20, 2010

“This antibiotic was the best for my sinus infection.”

Anonymous December 21, 2010

“I've only been on it 2 days, but so far so good! I feel much better, cough is gone, and no side effects. Will use again if I need it.”

Anonymous April 10, 2009

“I have only taken 2 doses so far. It seems to be working and I don't have all the side effects. I will use it again.”

Learn more about Sinusitis