User Reviews for Enstilar

Psoriasis
5.5

Reviews for Enstilar

Hitchedguide · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Had mild to moderate psoriasis for 15 years tried every cream going even dovobet which was useless. After reading this forum learnt about enstillar so mentioned it to my doctor who prescribed 2x 60 mg cans of foam enstillar for use over a 4 week period. Noticed results within days. After week 1 developed nasty side effects, ie rashes and unbelievable itching that kept me awake at night. Even so stuck with the once daily treatment and by week 4 psoriasis was almost gone. After week 5 side effects went together with any remaining psoriasis. This really is a miracle treatment. I read how many people found the application of the foam as greasy but if you want it enough you put up with it, and yes it even got rid of my scalp psoriasis which was also in my ears.”

Kik · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “This is my second review...update... It's been about 30 days since I stopped using Enstilar and the skin where I applied it is awful. It's destroyed my skin. It doesn't look or feel like skin anymore - it's more like cheap bonded leather. I'm going to write about my dreadful experience with this product to the lazy dermatologist who prescribed it to me. I couldn't be more upset.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2021

For Psoriasis: “Pharmacist told it is foam.But when applied it just gets all sticky as if someone applied glue to your psoriasis. Used couple of times but no result.”

Geordielad · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 5, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have literally tried everything and nothing has worked for plaque psoriasis. I was prescribed light therapy and methotrexate and a load of creams, pots and potions. Nothing ever worked. I went to the doctor and she put me on this stuff Enstilar and literally everything cleared up in around 2 weeks. Gone. Obviously the condition rises again when it's not used but it takes much longer to start showing. I use it now all over once a week and never have any trouble with the condition anymore. If you have not tried it yet, get on it!! Or should I say get it on you!”

Komos · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2020

For Psoriasis: “It seems to work at first but once you stop using it, Psoriasis comes back more aggressive. I was almost clear but I decided to use Enstilar to 'speed up' the clearance: It did exactly the opposite and now I'm back to square one. HOW do I know it's Enstilar? Because I put the foam only on my upper body and didn't use it for my legs. Now legs are okay while upperbody is disastrous. This happened with so many people. I think this product needs to be re-evaluated and the company must be questioned because they know it only works temporarily.”

dreamcatcher · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I had spots of psoriasis on my forehead, scalp and behind my ear and I’ve had this condition since I was 4 years old (37 years). I’ve been prescribed different types of creams but they had little effect on clearing up my skin. I saw immediate effect after 3 days of using this foam and after a week it totally cleared up. It’s not just the flakes that cleared up but even the red patches are gone and the itch is gone too. It’s hard to apply it to my scalp as I cannot direct the nozzle in the right spot so I always need someone to help me with that. It’s the most expensive treatment I bought for psoriasis but it’s worth it!”

John · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 12, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Enstilar is brilliant in the fact that it clears psoriasis fast however, the problem with all these steroid based skin treatments arises once you stop using them. The psoriasis returns with a vengeance, coming back faster and harder than before. According to my doctor, the way to use Enstilar is to hit the psoriasis hard and fast until skin is clear and then use nothing more than moisturizer until the psoriasis returns and then repeat as before. This is terrible advise on a scaffold. I would be plagued with thick scaly skin for most of the year all year. The only treatment that works for psoriasis is very, very, very slow however, is always one step forward and is none other than plain old Calcipotriol (synthetic vitamin D). Enstilar as with all other steroid based treatments is always one step forward and two steps back. My doctor's are reluctant for me to carry on using Calcipotriol on a permanent basis even though they have told me that using Calcipotriol indefinitely is fine.”

Esme · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

For Psoriasis: “I was prescribed Enstilar foam for scalp psoriasis. It worked very well, very fast. Challenge: how to remove medication from hair. Hair very sticky. By reading reviews I found remedy which works very well. Coconut oil (I used PAM coconut spray for pans, pots, etc.) I sprayed it on saucer, heated for 25 seconds in microwave and put right on sticky stuff in my hair. Left it for 15minutes and washed it out with clear shampoo. Gone right away after having tried many other remedies. All the best”

Al · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 30, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Used the foam and saw results almost immediately. Permanently cleared a patch on my knee and cleared up my elbows. Then it came back harder than before. Elbows need to be treated almost daily and now new patches have appeared on my lower back. They were never there before. Running low on my can, but I don't think I'll refill due to pricing. It's just ridiculous. Great product, but I think your body gets used to it.”

Emily R · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have had severe psoriasis since I was 7 years old and would argue my quality of life has been effected as a result. Upon going back to the GP after a 5 year hiatus in steroid creams, UVA/UVB and preparation for cyclosporin, my GP recommended this as one last shot before autoimmune suppressors. WOW I’ve used three applications over three nights and there is barely any visible redness to my skin. The splits in my skin have begun to heal and I am literally scale-free at this moment in time. I would argue that compared to a lifetime of pain, low self-esteem and bloodied bedsheets, a couple of weeks with Enstilar smeared in your body shouldn’t off put you. NB) I get this medication for £9 on the NHS, but I’ve been told it retails to the NHS for around £75.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 18, 2019

For Psoriasis: “I’ve tried several other topical medications, including monthly steroid injections and nothing seemed to work to get my scalp psoriasis under control. This has been a constant battle for me for over 18 years now. Enstilar has worked so well to get my psoriasis under control and to keep it under control. I pay $20 for two bottle through my prescription coverage.”

Tinker Bell · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 18, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been on almost every lotion, cream and shampoo for psoriasis. New Dermatologist gave me full size sample of Enstilar. After 9 years of picking , scratching and cussing I cried with happiness. After less than a week my ears were clear. No itching, burning or picking . My primary Dr. said it's a miracle. I agree. Now it's time for more and I know my insurance won't cover this so I checked out out of pocket cost I almost had a stroke and heart attack. Without insurance it's up toward $3000.00. With a RX discount card it's $1200 - 1600.00 . I guess my ears will start looking like a vacant lot with 4 ft of tall grass.. NASTY. Any help would be appreciated I'm too old to die like this. ”

Julia M. · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I use Enstilar for my plague scalp psoriasis. Its super expensive w/put insurance, like $1,080! But the actual foam itself is good. Didn’t completely clear up my scalp but definitely helps! Still have problematic spots all over but it has broken down majority of my plague, I say plague because my scalp was 90% covered in like a giant thick plaque and I felt like I had the plague. I used this everyday for 3 weeks, made my fine hair, tacky and sticky. Tried plain old Dawn Dish soap, used it in the shower, a few times, and did normal shampoo/cond. routine after, and it helped SO MUCH!! I will say though it dried my scalp out, so I wouldn’t use it every day. But also I found that heating some Coconut oil, the one that’s safe for cooking AND beauty use, up in the microwave, applying it to your hair with the Enstilar on it, before a shower, letting it soak in, then shower, WORKS AWESOME! Hope this helps anyone who is looking for a way to get this scaley stuff out of their hair!”

TL3 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2020

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Tried Enstilar foam for my psoriasis but it is too expensive, too greasy, too messy and too much is wasted when spraying. It goes everywhere. Why should hands be used to apply it? Can't a product for psoriosis be applied as a roll-on or sponge tip applicator so no hands are needed to rub into infected areas?”

MB · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Don't waste your time buying the foam. It comes out ice cold hardly, evaporates instantly and you will need a can just to cover affected areas. I called to complain, they said that is how it comes out and even said that many people have complained about same issue.”

Ironhead December 11, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I've been using this drug for a couple years on my now mostly knees and elbows. It really works well. No more scaly skin in my bed or bloody sheets. I just can't believe the cost some people have claimed to pay. I live in Canada with the Ironworkers drug plan and I pay 18 dollars. Thank you Canada!”

British · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Psoriasis: “Recently just started using this. It's prescribed free of charge on our NHS and it has worked amazingly so far. I have tried methotrexate in the past and light therapy and neither have been as effective as this stuff.”

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been using this product Enstilar for my hands and on top of toes for 2 weeks and it seems to be working really well I am almost cleared up. The only problem I have is the price. No medication should cost $1100. I had to pay$ 998.00 for this Medication. I am not going to be able to get a refill because I can't afford it.”

Artsy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2021

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I had moderate Psoriasis plaques on my elbows, knees and legs. My dermatologist asked me to try Enstilar. As soon as I started using it, the Psoriasis immediately disappeared but when the product finished and I stopped applying, the Psoriasis came back with a very strong backlash. I developed a lot of new plaques all over my body and very aggressive. I truly ask for any doctor to stop prescribing this drug. It should be re-evaluated as an effective treatment drug. I had a much worsening condition after using it. Do not use it !!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

For Psoriasis: “I suffer from scalp psoriasis and lately it has flared to the point where steroid injections, clobetasol, xtrac (light therapy) didn't show any improvement. I'm not sure if it is because I am prescribed generic drugs or if my body has developed an immunity to the medications. However, I received a sample of enstilar from my care provider and I can truly say this works miracles. After my first application I could feel thick layers of plaques slough off from my scalp. However, the downside is that it is extremely difficult to wash out. It took me 3 washes and on my 3rd wash I had to apply baking soda to my hair (not the roots) and let it sit for 15 minutes before washing it out. It stung a little but I got the enstilar out. The consistency is almost like glue is stuck in my hair!”

Barb · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2018

For Psoriasis: “My dermatologist prescribed Enstilar for psoriasis mainly for my feet and hands, but after examination said I had it on my scalp as well. I've been using it for not quite one week yet and I do feel better. My main concern is that I can't wash it out of my hair. I asked my hair stylist/colorist what to use. She suggested tea tree shampoo mixed with baking soda. I let it sit in my hair for a few minutes, then reapplied. I followed up with conditioner. I would say my hair is about 90% less greasy.”

Roxchic · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 18, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have severe psoriasis. Winter and stress make it worse. Nothing helped until I used this. I had psoriasis on my ear which would crack. In 24 hrs the spot was gone. The rest of my body over 4 weeks was immensely better like almost gone. Combining it with light therapy which I had to stop due to cost had amazing results. Almost 100% clearing. It is a little messy but a few ruined bedsheets and frustrating mess is worth the clearing I had with this.”

JB · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Its the only thing that has worked. It cleared up on my arm fast and is completely gone. I have one spot left thats not completely gone on my head, but its not getting worse. NO side effects with this medication.”

meg August 17, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I'm mad because Enstilar worked SO WELL for my psoriasis in just 12 hours - which means I have to continue to cake up my hair with this greasy product. I wore a thick cotton headband over the area I applied the product so I didn't ruin my bed sheets. The next day I washed my hair 6 different ways and barely got all the product out. I recommend Dawn dish soap. Its the best I could get my hands on to get it out.”

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “So I've been using Enstilar for just about 2 weeks and I have noticed a significant clearing of the Plaque build up on my Elbows and behind the my knees. Also it has completely cleared the psoriasis in and around my ears with 3 applications! I actually noticed a change 24 hours after the first application. I was hesitant at first because my insurance will not cover the entire cost and the co-pay card did not help much. But, I'm glad I bit the bullet and had the prescription filled. I haven't worn shorts or short sleeves in a year and thought to myself, well $200 for some self confidence is a small price to pay.”

cookies0726 · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2016

For Psoriasis: “This stuff is horrible!!!! I was prescribed this for scalp psoriasis and it made it worse. This stuff makes a mess it gets all over clothes and bedding not only that but it does not wash out of hair. I washed my hair 8 times and even used Dawn dish soap and still could not get it out of my hair.”

jal · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2020

For Psoriasis: “For the first week on Enstilar, I thought it was helping my Psoriasis, but after two weeks, it was definitely getting worse. Stopped using it after two weeks as the psoriasis was redder with larger patches....some even appeared infected. I know it is the Ensilar because I did not use the product on my arms and they are fine. I used the most on my lower legs and a little on my upper legs and the lower legs are significantly worse than the upper legs.”

Wooster7777 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 4, 2017

For Plaque Psoriasis: “like others have said, it's a foam but it's sticky like glue. It's helps a little bit in keeping flare ups at bay and it may get rid of some very small spots, but it's not going to do much for any large inflamed patches.”