User Reviews for Enstilar to treat Psoriasis

Enstilar has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Enstilar Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Enstilar

Komos · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2020

“It seems to work at first but once you stop using it, Psoriasis comes back more aggressive. I was almost clear but I decided to use Enstilar to 'speed up' the clearance: It did exactly the opposite and now I'm back to square one. HOW do I know it's Enstilar? Because I put the foam only on my upper body and didn't use it for my legs. Now legs are okay while upperbody is disastrous. This happened with so many people. I think this product needs to be re-evaluated and the company must be questioned because they know it only works temporarily.”

Esme · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

“I was prescribed Enstilar foam for scalp psoriasis. It worked very well, very fast. Challenge: how to remove medication from hair. Hair very sticky. By reading reviews I found remedy which works very well. Coconut oil (I used PAM coconut spray for pans, pots, etc.) I sprayed it on saucer, heated for 25 seconds in microwave and put right on sticky stuff in my hair. Left it for 15minutes and washed it out with clear shampoo. Gone right away after having tried many other remedies. All the best”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 18, 2019

“I’ve tried several other topical medications, including monthly steroid injections and nothing seemed to work to get my scalp psoriasis under control. This has been a constant battle for me for over 18 years now. Enstilar has worked so well to get my psoriasis under control and to keep it under control. I pay $20 for two bottle through my prescription coverage.”

British · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

“Recently just started using this. It's prescribed free of charge on our NHS and it has worked amazingly so far. I have tried methotrexate in the past and light therapy and neither have been as effective as this stuff.”

Barb · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2018

“My dermatologist prescribed Enstilar for psoriasis mainly for my feet and hands, but after examination said I had it on my scalp as well. I've been using it for not quite one week yet and I do feel better. My main concern is that I can't wash it out of my hair. I asked my hair stylist/colorist what to use. She suggested tea tree shampoo mixed with baking soda. I let it sit in my hair for a few minutes, then reapplied. I followed up with conditioner. I would say my hair is about 90% less greasy.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

“I suffer from scalp psoriasis and lately it has flared to the point where steroid injections, clobetasol, xtrac (light therapy) didn't show any improvement. I'm not sure if it is because I am prescribed generic drugs or if my body has developed an immunity to the medications. However, I received a sample of enstilar from my care provider and I can truly say this works miracles. After my first application I could feel thick layers of plaques slough off from my scalp. However, the downside is that it is extremely difficult to wash out. It took me 3 washes and on my 3rd wash I had to apply baking soda to my hair (not the roots) and let it sit for 15 minutes before washing it out. It stung a little but I got the enstilar out. The consistency is almost like glue is stuck in my hair!”

ManchesterLad June 8, 2021

“I’ve had psoriasis for about 15 years and never been able to get rid of it in my elbows, nails, scalp and a few other places, and while I had some success with Betacap for my scalp, nothing else seemed to work. I’ve been using Enstilar for less than a week and my elbows have returned to a once forgotten state, and it’s even made my nails look pink and healthy again. Obviously, the nails need to grow out to make them right, it’s the first time I’ve seen improvement in 15 years. As for the canned foam, I actually thought I got a dud because it comes out so fine and whispy, so I took it back to the pharmacy and they gave me the tutorial...I think I was expecting hair mousse. This stuff isn’t greasy. Once it’s been on for 10 minutes it’ll sink into your skin, and if you’re wearing a shirt just wipe off the excess. If your skin is bad and it’s ruining your life then you’ll take the hit. 100% happy with it right now and just need to keep the prescription topped up!”

cookies0726 · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2016

“This stuff is horrible!!!! I was prescribed this for scalp psoriasis and it made it worse. This stuff makes a mess it gets all over clothes and bedding not only that but it does not wash out of hair. I washed my hair 8 times and even used Dawn dish soap and still could not get it out of my hair.”

Kurbs April 1, 2017

“This was prescribed to me for scalp psoriasis after trying a medical shampoo and another topical lotion with no relief from the itch and flakes. I found within the first few applications it relieved the itch and got rid of about 90% of the plaques on my scalp. I have been using it for almost a month now and its made a worlds difference for me! The only reason I've not given it a 10/10 is how greasy it is, its hard to apply and much harder to remove from my hair. After trying a couple of things I've found that the trick is to use baby oil to break down the stickiness and use dish soap to wash it out (I do this step at night before bed) then in the morning I use Loreal's extraordinary clay hair mask to absorb the remaining baby oil!”

jal · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2020

“For the first week on Enstilar, I thought it was helping my Psoriasis, but after two weeks, it was definitely getting worse. Stopped using it after two weeks as the psoriasis was redder with larger patches....some even appeared infected. I know it is the Ensilar because I did not use the product on my arms and they are fine. I used the most on my lower legs and a little on my upper legs and the lower legs are significantly worse than the upper legs.”

Serena · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2020

“My doctor prescribed this treatment and it worked very well until I ran out or missed a day....now my psoriasis has come back worse than it was before. I can’t keep up! The patches on my face hurt and are splitting and bleeding and raw, the rest of my body (I’m covered head to toe) is itchy, scaly and red. I could deal with it before with the steroid cream but now there’s too much to cover. Don’t let the doctor give this to you, you’ll regret it.”

Pat January 11, 2020

“I am amazed at the price some people are paying, in Europe it costs euros 4.99 per can”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2019

“It’s the only thing that has workedfor my psoriasis”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2021

“Pharmacist told it is foam.But when applied it just gets all sticky as if someone applied glue to your psoriasis. Used couple of times but no result.”

Sharon August 9, 2019

“Great product but my payment is $700.00. Had to stop using it.”

Learn more about Psoriasis