User Reviews for Tessalon

6.2

Summary of Tessalon reviews 6.2 23 reviews

Reviews for Tessalon

Mrs.Ayesh · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Cough "Had to go to urgent care because it felt like my entire esophagus was on fire. Turns out, I have pharyngitis caused by my terrible cough. The cough has kept me up all night for the past week. Dr. prescribed the Tessalon Perles and magic mouthwash. The magic mouthwash works wonderfully, but the Tessalon does not well, it works for about 30 minutes and I am right back to coughing. Called Dr. to see if there was something else he could prescribe. Hopefully I can get a full night of sleep sometime soon."

Vitpow · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2018

For Cough "Ineffective. Still coughing. Throat drops are a temporary relief from coughing until the drops dissolve completely. Had cough over a month."

Darlene Johnson · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2018

For Cough "This product may work for some, but I finding no relief. I’m on a week with coughing. Went to the ER and was told this would give me relief. I still coughing and still no relief. Will return to family care and hope for miracle!"

StefLu · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 15, 2017

For Cough "Tessalon is the only thing that helps me when I get a really bad cough. I've tried everything else. With Lupus and chronic infections/bronchitis this medication has helped me very much. No one likes coughing. This medication worked for me when nothing, I mean NOTHING else did. Thank you to the Makers of this drug! Kudos."

asthmatic girl May 8, 2017

For Cough "The first assist practitioner ordered this med because of my asthmatic bronchitis. I took it and it gave me the worst headache I ever had. It was also too expensive and my insurance would not cover it. Also, it is made with animal products (contains gelatin) and my religion does not allow it. So I may end up in hell."

Ruby July · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2017

For Cough "No effect on my cough at all."

IrishKat December 19, 2016

For Cough "Diagnosed with bronchitis and sinusitis, I had been unable to sleep as I was coughing terribly all night long. My doctor prescribed me Tessalon Perles and the coughing stopped immediately! I felt relaxed and wonderful and was able to lay down and sleep. However, 5 hours after taking 2 pills, the effects wore off and I was thrust awake coughing something fierce again. Just wish it the meds would last longer!"

Anonymous November 15, 2016

For Cough "Tessalon has been extremely effective in controlling a cough and starts working immediately. This med is wonderful."

proudmomof1 May 10, 2016

For Cough "This cough suppressant really helped with my chronic cough."

Tired of coughing May 1, 2016

For Cough "After being unable to sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time for three nights in a row even with my head elevated on several pillows, the doctor gave me this. My nonstop dry cough stopped for up to 5 hours, and then it came back, but less severe. It doesn't last 8 hours, but it allowed me to get some much needed sleep. Sucking sugar free cherry Luden's cough drop, and/or swallowing a teaspoon of honey without water help also. Also take Mucinex to thin secretions."

sick in Calif · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2015

For Cough "Had a dry hacking very painful deep cough. Kaiser prescribed Tessalon, coughing stopped within 20-30 minutes. Has not started back up. I've been using it for 24 hours. One pill every 8 hours."

Jenny B. November 13, 2013

For Cough "My sister loaned me a few of her Benzonatate while I was at her house suffering from a cough. It worked very well. Now I am on antibiotics and have just gotten home from a 9 hour drive. This is day three and I am hacking and hacking!!! Not working so I added a 400 mg. Guaifenesin to my regimen. Seems to be calming down finally but the cough and congestion is still terrible. I will report back in 24 hours to see if the combination of the two works."

cherrilea March 1, 2013

For Cough "I have had allergies for months. The drainage caused me to develop a severe case of bronchitis which triggered my asthma to be worse than ever before. Nothing was working for my cough which was keeping me awake night after night. Sleeping sitting up on the couch for 30 min at a time... Doc at ER gave me 2 Tessalon. Cough stopped almost immediately. First night of sleep I have had in weeks. Thank heavens she wrote me a prescription. Now I am looking forward to my second night cough free. Thank God for small miracles."

kaykscott February 11, 2013

For Cough "It seems to have taken the edge off, I'm not "barking" coughing anymore but still wide awake at 4:30am and coughing all night."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2012

For Cough "Tessalon worked well AFTER the doctor prescribed antibiotic for me. I was taking a dose in the morning, sometimes lunch and evening. After taking Tessalon my coughing calmed down for few hours which worked very well for me."

mountian momma · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2012

For Cough "I just took a Tessaoln for the first time, even if it will let me get 3 hrs of sleep tonight at a time I will be very happy. Nothing else seems to he working and I have heard great reviews. I haven't coughed since I took one about a 1/2 hr ago, so goodnight."

Anonymous March 14, 2012

For Cough "I am taking Arava for rheumatoid arthritis and it's causing a terrible cough. Tessalon worked great and allowed me to sleep all night."

Anonymous March 20, 2010

For Cough "It worked very well for me at night."

Anonymous January 5, 2010

For Cough "The Tessalon didn't work at all. Coughing all night!"

Hakinnkansas September 30, 2009

For Cough "THIS medicine works."

KILFODDA July 12, 2008

For Cough "I found tessalon very effective. Much ahead of otc syrups. My cough is a racking type with extreme pressure on the sternum. Tessalon works very well. In my opinion its ability to relieve the cough by controlling the 'nerve center' is why it is so effective."

Jay Jay March 1, 2008

For Cough "Benzonatate gave me almost instant relief, but it caused cramping and diahria. I find it doesn't last very long, but it does help with coughing."

afagan January 1, 2008

For Cough "I have trouble finding something non-narcotic to help with my cough. I dont do well with most over the counter cold medicines for one reason or another. This medication worked great! It did make me a little sleepy but otherwise did the trick. I could tell after about 4 hours the effect wearing off. "

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)