User Reviews for Benzoic acid/hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Also known as: Methylphen, Hyophen, Urised Urophen MB

Benzoic acid/hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection. 86% of those users who reviewed Benzoic acid/hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Benzoic acid/hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 282 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

29% 2
43% 3
14% 1
14% 1
SudsIe · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2012

Prosed DS (benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate): “Works great for me..no side effects except blue urine...I tell people who see it that it is blue because that is my favorite color. I have urinary tract infections all the time. Prosed DS works great!”

Anonymous October 18, 2010

Prosed DS (benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate): “I suffer from Chronic urinary tract infectionx and my latest Urologist gave me Prosed DS to help fight the pain during my severe UTI's. It works. Just give it time to get into your system and you'll know when it is by the greenish/blue urine. Takes that burning sharp pain away and I no longer had to bite a towel while urinating. I hope it provides the same relief for other chronic UTI sufferers who can never seem to get the infection to ever go away forever.”

Anonymous March 15, 2010

Prosed DS (benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate): “First off, let me say that this medicine did help with the bladder spasms caused by my UTI, though it took a few hours and a second dose before I found relief. However, I had some wicked side effects/adverse reactions (that continue 3 days later) to hyoscyamine (one of the meds in Prosed). During an attempted 7hr drive I hallucinated strange clouds and progressed into a panicky, crazed state. My heart was racing, my eyes wouldn't focus correctly, my hands were shaking, I couldn't remember things or follow through with thoughts, and overall I was convinced I was going to die. I ended up not getting far and checked into a hotel, thank goodness. By the next morning, the worst had passed.”

Anonymous March 12, 2010

Prosed DS (benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate): “I have bladder inflammation after having a UTI. My family doc had me on Pyridium, which really upsets my stomach. This medicine works better, does not stain, and does not upset my stomach. I rated it a 9 because it's not widely available and my pharmacy doesn't seem to know much about it.”

Anonymous January 28, 2010

Prosed DS (benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate): “This was a wonder drug for me for treating interstitial cystitis. It helped with bladder spasms and the feeling of having to go all the time. I would highly recommend this medicine to anyone with urinary symptoms.”

Keddey November 24, 2009

Prosed DS (benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate): “I was given samples of this from my urologist because I'm passing stones and it's AMAZING! I only gave it a 9 because it did cause a yeast infection. But it made it so I could pee without crying and/or screaming. Also turned my urine blue/green, which was different lol. But it definitely numbed my urethra and I had gone from not wanting to pee to being normal in a matter of hours.”

Anonymous August 15, 2008

Urised (benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate): “They have stopped making urised. Prosed was substituted and now FDA has pulled it? I need something for interstitial cystits which is now really acting up.”

More about benzoic acid / hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate

Other brands