User Reviews for Benazepril to treat High Blood Pressure

Also known as: Lotensin

Benazepril Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Benazepril

Map · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

“It helped lower my bp but then all the side effects came - anxiety, low heart rate , dizziness, nausea. I am so over it !!! Have a doctor appointment today let’s see what happens been on it for 18 days!! No more”

Porter · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

“Caused a dry, irritating cough that occurred during the day and night. Controlled my blood pressure but I finally gave up on it after 2 months, as I couldn't stand coughing all the time. Price was great, nice small pill was easy to swallow.”

#1Ramfan · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2017

“I have been taking Benazepril, for the last month for reducing hypertension. I have never had problem with high blood pressure in my life. 6' 0' 290 lb. 57 yr. old former football, baseball and soccer player. Coached high school athletics for 32 plus years and now I am taking this medication to control my blood pressure. My side effects have been a roller coaster ride up and down. Fatigue, a dry constant cough, dizziness, light headed and insomnia. See my doctor today, since my introduction to this medication is about over. Hopefully he can change to something better without the side effects. It does control my blood pressure at times but has also lowered my blood pressure to low.”

minicky September 16, 2016

“Toxic, garbage medication. Ineffective with side effects. No wonder its what is covered, it must be cheap. You may as well order a Benazepril from China.”

Pilotcat June 6, 2016

“Gave me a chronic cough so bad I now have granulomas and throat ulcerations two months after I stopped taking it.”

Grandma in California January 9, 2016

“Have taken Lotensin for some years with as-needed dosage adjustments. Pharmacy only had the generic available this last time - Benazepril. l tried to use it a few times before but each time there were too many side effects. So I took Lotensin although expensive less side effects. This time I had no choice the benzaprill has given me a dry cough and the feeling is all my heart is racing ie palpitations I hate it. In the meantime making an appointment to see my doctor so I can go to a pharmacy that has my lotensin in stock.”

MsDebbie · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 9, 2015

Lotensin (benazepril): “Have taken for some time. Has worked well to control blood pressure, however a recent adjustment in dosage has increased the cost 2 fold. ”

Jet Ag · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2013

Lotensin (benazepril): “Only took it one time, my lips swelled up so much.”

AJR27 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2012

“Benazepril for High Blood Pressure: Like the previous user. The medication actually worked great for my blood pressure. One small pill daily. I developed a cough that would not go away, especially at night. I also have severe asthma so I don't know if that has something to do with the medicine not working out. The cough is a dry cough and NOT fun. I wished the medicine worked out for me.”

Gjoose April 16, 2012

“The medication actually worked pretty well for me, however, I developed a cough that would not go away. Having severe asthma, it made it impossible for me to take it.”

TigerT May 18, 2011

“Benazepril is a great hypertension drug. It got my blood pressure under control. No more headaches though I do urinate more while taking it. I have tried other blood pressure medicines that did not work or work as well.”

Temecula Guy November 20, 2010

“I've been taking it - 10 mg - once a day, usually at night. It has definitely helped lower my blood pressure. But I've developed an annoying cough. Can't seem to take a deep breath in. I'll get checked out by my doctor - maybe try something else that doesn't cause coughing.”

mick S August 12, 2009

“I have been taking Benazepril for almost a year. I have been Pre-Hypertension most of my adult life. Last year I weighed close to 250 and became Stage 1 hypertension. My doctor suggested losing 50-60 pounds or take Benazepril. Give me the medicine....I LIKE TO EAT. Anyway with some exercise and taking benazepril I now weigh 240lbs and my blood pressure is in the high normal range. I'll work on the weight. I do find myself tired at times. This is the only complaint I have. I would recommend this to anyone. ”

Anonymous May 31, 2009

Lotensin (benazepril): “Cough and rash side effects annoying.”