User Reviews for Benazepril

Also known as: Lotensin

Benazepril has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings on Drugs.com. 33% of those users who reviewed Benazepril reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

High Blood Pressure
4.9
Left Ventricular Dysfunction
Summary of Benazepril reviews 5.1 18 reviews

Reviews for Benazepril

Review · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “Almost one month I'm taking benazepril, have gotten a dry cough here and there, and it stops immediately, nothing I couldn't live with. Now going into forth week, wow, I'm getting chronic pains all over my body almost as if I have arthritis, and worse, It's so paralyzing, headaches too. I wanted this medication to work because I tried amlodipine and metoprolol and my life was awful with tons of side effects and severe depression. Then I tried olmesartan, didn't have a lot of side effects , but its the chronic body pains , I can't do anything. But I'll stay with benazepril for as long as I could to see if it all this side effect goes away, if not I'll have to change again.”

Coolsport December 12, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Benazepril definitely works to lower BP but also gives you an itchy throat that forces dry coughs that are not continuous or prolonged about 10-15 coughs a day.”

L September 26, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Benazepril did not lower my blood pressure. My head felt half congested . My hair was more prone to coming out when combing and did not feel good. Then the doctor added verampil and I hoped things would be better but they were not. I was very very anxious and and had some heart pounding. I quit taking it.”

Temecula Guy November 20, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “I've been taking it - 10 mg - once a day, usually at night. It has definitely helped lower my blood pressure. But I've developed an annoying cough. Can't seem to take a deep breath in. I'll get checked out by my doctor - maybe try something else that doesn't cause coughing.”

TigerT May 18, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “Benazepril is a great hypertension drug. It got my blood pressure under control. No more headaches though I do urinate more while taking it. I have tried other blood pressure medicines that did not work or work as well.”

AJR27 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “Benazepril for High Blood Pressure: Like the previous user. The medication actually worked great for my blood pressure. One small pill daily. I developed a cough that would not go away, especially at night. I also have severe asthma so I don't know if that has something to do with the medicine not working out. The cough is a dry cough and NOT fun. I wished the medicine worked out for me.”

Grandma in California January 9, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Have taken Lotensin for some years with as-needed dosage adjustments. Pharmacy only had the generic available this last time - Benazepril. l tried to use it a few times before but each time there were too many side effects. So I took Lotensin although expensive less side effects. This time I had no choice the benzaprill has given me a dry cough and the feeling is all my heart is racing ie palpitations I hate it. In the meantime making an appointment to see my doctor so I can go to a pharmacy that has my lotensin in stock.”

mick S August 12, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking Benazepril for almost a year. I have been Pre-Hypertension most of my adult life. Last year I weighed close to 250 and became Stage 1 hypertension. My doctor suggested losing 50-60 pounds or take Benazepril. Give me the medicine....I LIKE TO EAT. Anyway with some exercise and taking benazepril I now weigh 240lbs and my blood pressure is in the high normal range. I'll work on the weight. I do find myself tired at times. This is the only complaint I have. I would recommend this to anyone. ”

Map · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “It helped lower my bp but then all the side effects came - anxiety, low heart rate , dizziness, nausea. I am so over it !!! Have a doctor appointment today let’s see what happens been on it for 18 days!! No more”

#1Ramfan · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking Benazepril, for the last month for reducing hypertension. I have never had problem with high blood pressure in my life. 6' 0' 290 lb. 57 yr. old former football, baseball and soccer player. Coached high school athletics for 32 plus years and now I am taking this medication to control my blood pressure. My side effects have been a roller coaster ride up and down. Fatigue, a dry constant cough, dizziness, light headed and insomnia. See my doctor today, since my introduction to this medication is about over. Hopefully he can change to something better without the side effects. It does control my blood pressure at times but has also lowered my blood pressure to low.”

m6stars July 29, 2008

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “It's working fine for me in controlling high blood pressure. But, early morning when I wake up I feel tired, may be I need little more sleep. I will discuss this with my doctor on my next visit to him.”

Porter · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Caused a dry, irritating cough that occurred during the day and night. Controlled my blood pressure but I finally gave up on it after 2 months, as I couldn't stand coughing all the time. Price was great, nice small pill was easy to swallow.”

Anonymous May 31, 2009

Lotensin (benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: “Cough and rash side effects annoying.”

Pilotcat June 6, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Gave me a chronic cough so bad I now have granulomas and throat ulcerations two months after I stopped taking it.”

Gjoose April 16, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “The medication actually worked pretty well for me, however, I developed a cough that would not go away. Having severe asthma, it made it impossible for me to take it.”

Jet Ag · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2013

Lotensin (benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: “Only took it one time, my lips swelled up so much.”

MsDebbie · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 9, 2015

Lotensin (benazepril) for High Blood Pressure: “Have taken for some time. Has worked well to control blood pressure, however a recent adjustment in dosage has increased the cost 2 fold. ”

minicky September 16, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Toxic, garbage medication. Ineffective with side effects. No wonder its what is covered, it must be cheap. You may as well order a Benazepril from China.”