User Reviews for Qvar RediHaler

Asthma, Maintenance   2.4

Reviews for Qvar RediHaler

Dany · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 4, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Well in 2021 this is still an issue. 60 puffs left and it quit working. Glad this isn't an emergency inhaler. To make matters worse, I didn't notice it preventing any of my asthma attacks, they are just as frequent as ever.”

XR80 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “All 3 QVars have stopped working just like everyone else says. The design is terrible. Please fix it. Medicine is ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Delivery method is negative stars”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Accidentally got bottom of Redi-Inhaler wet. Sat on unseen water puddle by sink. Immediately removed from puddle but next morning usage, device did not dispense any medicine. So read here about peeling off stickers, twisting the plastic canister to expose the silver canister. Dried all parts and Inhaler now still works using just the bottom half of the plastic canister with the mouthpiece. Top half of the plastic canister makes the counter work so I am letting that dry for a day to see if replacing that will restart the counter. Bottom line, do not let plastic canister get wet. Also, I too liked Qvar better when it was not a Redi-Inhaler. Was just easier.”

Akira · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This is my second Qvar redihaler, and both stopped working at 90 doses. I've complained and nothing was done about. Seems like it's a known problem and the company does nothing. I'm out of 100 bucks now, but I'm going to ask my doc for something new.”

PoniesRFun · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was starting to think it was all in my head untill I came across these reviews. The change to the RediHaler obviously was not an improvement but a change meant to stave off the ability for other companies to produce generic equivalents. A prime example of what is wrong with our pharmaceutical industries. My Peak Flow and FEV1 scores have been worsening and I've needed more albuterol since I received the RediHalers (switching back to QVAR after being on another controller med). I tried the hack of twisting off the upper part of the actuator and depressing manually but that didn't seem to work because of the inner sleeve. But when I put the canister in an albuterol actuator it works fine but I now have to keep track of puffs. Sent a letter to Teva QAS@tevapharm.com. To date there have been 985 adverse event reports submitted to the FDA by people like us and about the same kinds of problems.”

Slater January 15, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have had issues with 5 of the last 6 Qvar RediHalers as they would not dispense the last 20 to 50 doses. I just bought another one even though my last one is showing 28 doses remaining. I can tell that the last 10 or so doses were not even delivered. I decided to try something . I took my old one and separated the top half of the body from the bottom half by unscrewing it. You may need to cut through the label if it prevents you from twisting it open. Next, I removed the cannister by pulling its nozzle from the hole. I then took a can of compressed air using the long skinny nozzle that comes with it, I stuck that nozzle right into the hole that I pulled the cannister from and I sprayed. My thinking was that perhaps there was a blockage. I put the cannister back in the hole, twisted the body halves back together and gave it a try. It worked. It's been just like new after 10 doses. Hope this helps.”

Wheezer · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 17, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I notice short dosing across lots of QVAR inhalers starting at 25 doses left. By 15 doses left, I might as well not use it. Frustrating because it on formulary. The company replaces them but who wants to call every month? I have reported to FDA twice. If not for this, would rate a 10.”

Hal December 15, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I used RediHaler for several years without a problem. This year they began to stop working with about 50 puffs remaining. When the first device stopped working, I called the company and received a replacement; lots of rigamarole and a conference call involved. However, subsequent RediHalers have also malfunctioned. The older version worked much better.”

anida November 20, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I like QVAR. Never had a problem with it, used it to the very end.And as a medication works excellent.”

Katie · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 15, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “The Qvar RediHaler dispensers keep stopping and do not work properly; keep having to use rescue inhaler because these things DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY! Suppose to help control asthma not create a bigger issue...”

Asthma · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “So glad I saw these reviews before ordering another. Stopped working with over 50 left. Didn’t know it. Went from perfect never using my rescue, to four day long attacks, needing the rescue and oral steroids. Finally discovered the redihaler was sputtering after I inhaled. Wow.”

Dee Jones · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I just started using asthma maintenance medicines this year and have a horrible time with Qvar. The medications stopped coming out after only a few doses. I have read everything from the company on how to clean etc but that doesn't help. The last time I didn't realize it wasn't working and ended up starting strong withdrawal symptoms that really scared me. My doctor switched me to another medicine and I am doing fine. The manufacturer needs to fix this, it could really hurt someone.”

Frustrated patient · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I am on my 2nd Qvar and it quit working also. I did exactly what I did with the 1st one per company to clean it ( had to send it back by my pharmacist) so I started reading online and I too have taken it apart and used By pressing down on silver part inside like a regular inhaler. The redihaler is too expensive and med needed. Company should figure out better way to dispense the Medicine!!!”

Vitto · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “QVAR has worked for me but like all users have mentioned, the Qvar RediHaler stopped working with over 40 puffs left. I found you can just remove the sticker and turn the top off and you can just press on the canister as a normal inhaler - no need to find any other inhaler, just leave the top off.”

Joy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 24, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “My Qvar redihaler stopped functioning about half way through the inhaler. I wake up struggling to breathe And need to use my pro-air albuterol. Now I fail the breathing tests at my pulmonologist. TEVA needs to reimburse us and use a different device for delivery of the medication.”

Anonymous June 22, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Just started using this and only have used four days and it’s already stopped working. Very disappointed in this product and see that others are too. If anyone has a special trick to try to get it started again please share.”

JUST ME · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 15, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I should have said I had 4 that stopped working. Not ran out. Put your Qvar inhaler in a zip lock and keep upright. I have been doing this now for 2 months and it has kept working. However you will have to suck it out just like a Ventolin or Albuterol inhaler. Hope this will help anyone having problems with the Qvar container.”

Js · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “The Qvar RediHaler doesn’t work to dispense medicine properly! Works for awhile and then stops. Medicine is great but this Redihaler is absolute garbage. I just now took canister out and will hopefully be able to get proper dosage through the old method (I have the old devices still!) very disappointing to pay the amount of money for something that doesn’t work through the full cycle.”

Annoyed Asthma Patient · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 4, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Wow, when will the FDA actually look into this gosh awful faulty asthma medicine Qvar RediHaler. The medicine itself is fine but I don’t know what this company was thinking to make such a horrible device. It shouldn’t stop working half way through uses. I thought I was crazy and doing something wrong but seeing the reviews really made me feel more normal. I have had 2 break on me and I have had at least 30-50 puffs left. The one time I didn’t have insurance and paid $300 so it would be nice if it worked. I’m so unhappy with this device. I really hope it gets fixed. What do we have to do to get this looked into. This device sucks. I give it a ZERO out of 10!”

BK · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 28, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This new Redihaler system sucks. I have had three in a row fail. Time to find a different medication.”

Bee · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This new RediHaler design did NOT work at all. I started thinking that something else was wrong with me. I asked primary for different script and fortunately for me, he obliged. Sorry but my asthma symptoms were way out of control using Qvar.”

Kayy · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 14, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This inhaler stops working at approximately 20 puffs left. It is extremely expensive and cleaning it as instructed by the customer service does not help. This inhaler is too expensive to stop working through the entirety of the dispenser and when I call customer service they make you call back after a week and check back in with them and then they issue a credit to the pharmacy that they have to jump through hoops to get. Thank God I have the money to buy one while I wait. This company needs to get it together, get this product fixed or make it easier to replace it when it stops working. I’m sick of coughing because this isn’t working when it should be.”

Lima · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 28, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “The RediHaler does not dispense a full 200 inhalations. I have found month after month that when the inhalation’s get down to the 25 inhalations range, it does not dispense a full inhalation. I have the same breathing and withdrawal symptoms month after month. Pharmacy will not refill before the full 200 inhalations are prescribed are used. The manufacture needs to fix this problem.”

ME · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Qvar has worked for me great HOWEVER these new redihalers are terrible. They all stop working when there is plenty of medicine remaining. I discovered this just like everyone else on here, by not being able to breathe well and thinking something more is wrong with me only to discover that no medicine is being dispensed even though the counter displays 96 dispenses left.”

Beaker April 24, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This RediHaler dispenser sometimes delivers a large blast when I open it. Then no medicine on the inhale. It seems defective and I'm getting worse, not better.”